OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

But how is one supost to make a certain design with so generalized parts. Kinda hard to make a biomechanicle figure with smooth plates.

A robot with a smooth, shelled exterior? Inconceivable! (Besides, they have plenty of detailing thanks to the new add-on combined with some older pieces that also have detailing, such as the BA chestplate)

And could you honestly look at the new Toa and say there is nothing distinct about their designs? Their proportions, colors, and piece choice all come together to make distinct figures.

Should we tell him about the Jeagers from Pacific Rim?

I think that some of your are overlooking just how unique and inspired Pohatu's design actually is. His legs are made to mirror iron boots, which represent the kicking fighting style he was known for in the olden days. His frame isn't bulky like the other Toa, but the whole point is to portray a runner, not a big brute. If you took someone from a track team, there's a good chance they're going to be rather slender compared to your football players. Since they went with inspiration it meant that yes, his build would appear basic if you don't see the whole reason in the first place for it, but looking at the character himself it makes a lot of sense and then you start to appreciate and like his build a lot more. It truly is unique when you're not expecting shoulder armor or some other obscure thing that the other toa have, in fact, since he doesn't have the things the others have, he is technically the most unique out of the six. It all depends on whether you want to put an analytical spin on life, or if you want to dig deeper and find the artistic side of things. 

Yeah, track runners are always so freaking skinny! All that running does that to ya. You wanna stay slim? Running is the way to go!

Toa Salvus...ever heard the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover"? Because that's exactly what you're doing right now. I didn't think I'd like CCBS, but you know what? I decided to give it a shot anyways, and turns out I love it. You haven't bought a single set from the reboot. You may have tried the system back during Hero Factory, but it's changed and evolved since then from what I understand. PLEASE, buy at least 1 Protector, perhaps Earth since that's arguably one of the best. If you still don't care for it, then that's alright. But don't knock it 'til ya try it. I respect your opinion, but I just wanted to share mine.

As for everyone else...let's all stop being rude and disrespectful to each other, alright? I don't think any of want staff having to step in.

Imagine if you tried a new food, but it was nasty, and you don't like it. Do you eat it again to see if its any better? No. I tried skeleball, Ok? I didn't like it Ok? I do not wish to ever use it again Ok?

Tastes change as you grow though. I remember I used to not like soda, then one day I suddenly fell in love with Mountain Dew...

...and people seem to think I'm addicted to the stuff. I only have 1 a day, every day...that's not an addiction.

• Upvote 1

This age-old argument of Technic Vs CCBS isn't going end any time soon, and it's going only going to get worse with the next wave of new Bionicle fans coming in. Especially the ones who started off being HF fans.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The Protector of Earth is worth every penny. One of the best sets in some time.

Salvus, you're so wrong. LEGO isn't going downhill. They made one of the most successful and popular movies of this year and bring back one of their most successful theme back with a superior building system and you want to say they're going downhill?

Kids these days.

Also, you don't have to love the new system. But crapping all over everyone else that does is a fast way to lose friends (If you had any) or drive people away. You offer no reasons why the old system should still be in place. All you do is blab about how much you don't like it. Why not give it a shot?

• Upvote 3

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Let's just get everything resolved really quick here. You don't like the new building system? Go to G1 Bionicle topics and stop going on and on and on and on about how much you dislike the new system, one time is fine but consistently saying your opinion over and over and denouncing others isn't going to get you anywhere. As for G2 fans, please ignore posts that you find offensive so they don't drag out into an argument over something as silly as building system preferences. Gen-one only fans stay in your topics, and G2 "crusaders" stay in yours. Also "crusaders", please don't harass the gen-oners and if they continue on, just ignore them. You know, like how you sometimes ignore the few old people who pessimistically complain about EVERYTHING and can't enjoy ANYTHING. Thank you for your time friends. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Let's just get everything resolved really quick here. You don't like the new building system? Go to G1 Bionicle topics and stop going on and on and on and on about how much you dislike the new system, one time is fine but consistently saying your opinion over and over and denouncing others isn't going to get you anywhere. As for G2 fans, please ignore posts that you find offensive so they don't drag out into an argument over something as silly as building system preferences. Gen-one only fans stay in your topics, and G2 "crusaders" stay in yours. Also "crusaders", please don't harass the gen-oners and if they continue on, just ignore them. You know, like how you sometimes ignore the few old people who pessimistically complain about EVERYTHING and can't enjoy ANYTHING. Thank you for your time friends. 

Eh....I'd rephrase the first bit if I were you before an admin stops by. This exact same argument happened a few pages back with the same people, and Windrider specifically said that it was against the rules to tell people they shouldn't belong on certain forums for their opinions.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Does anyone here live in South Africa? I'd like a tip-off of the sets start appearing in this country, so I can start expecting them here.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Eh....I'd rephrase the first bit if I were you before an admin stops by. This exact same argument happened a few pages back with the same people, and Windrider specifically said that it was against the rules to tell people they shouldn't belong on certain forums for their opinions.

In certain scenarios that makes sense, but in this particular one where both sides are unable to have a civilized and respectful discussion about their opinions the quickest resolution is for the perpetrators to go where they won't harass others about having a different one, no matter which side they're on. Normally I'd be against that very notion, but this situation requires a "time-out" for anyone not willing to coexist with another persons opinion. This goes for both sides. It's always nice to have critical and objecting opinions, but not in a disrespectful and unfriendly manner.

My parents brought these from Toys 'R' Us:

hni_0025.jpg

They said the Three Kings might bring more, hinting at Gali.

Sick bro! :D

Onua and Kopaka are great sets, also LOSS. ALL OF THE BIO 2015 SETS ARE AWESOME! :D

I hate being in the UK... It's freezing, I've lost my gloves, and I have to wait a whole two days for Bionicle :(

:P

Edited by toatali

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com

Ok Ok I'm going. Enjoy your skeleball, I'm going back to where I'm happy.

See, there you go again, making it sound like we're stupid for enjoying it. Pick your words more carefully, please. You just sound so bitter and unkind.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

hni_0025.jpg

Onua and Kopaka are great sets, also LOSS. ALL OF THE BIO 2015 SETS ARE AWESOME! :D

I hate being in the UK... It's freezing, I've lost my gloves, and I have to wait a whole two days for Bionicle :(

Better find your gloves or your hands might be the first human hands manufactured in trans-light blue. ;)

• Upvote 1

hni_0025.jpg

Ooooh! Kopaka's pretty... cool... heh... that was terrible. XD

LOL !

hni_0025.jpg

Better than February! I heard from a friend over in the UK that the release date would be that date.  :o

*snip*

Better than February! I heard from a friend over in the UK that the release date would be that date.  :o

I was told that it would be Jan 1st at the LEGO stores in Westfield, but that could be wrong (hopefully not though, I want that Onua!)

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com

Gen-oners? I prefer to call them geewunners. Also, not all of us are "G2 crusaders".

I like that term, it makes me thing of Bohrok remakes using CCBS...which will probably never happen, but I can dream.

In certain scenarios that makes sense, but in this particular one where both sides are unable to have a civilized and respectful discussion about their opinions the quickest resolution is for the perpetrators to go where they won't harass others about having a different one, no matter which side they're on. Normally I'd be against that very notion, but this situation requires a "time-out" for anyone not willing to coexist with another persons opinion. This goes for both sides. It's always nice to have critical and objecting opinions, but not in a disrespectful and unfriendly manner.

BOTH sides are unable to be civil and respectful? You didn't see my post, I assume.

Do Gali and Onua even exist, or are they just figments of our imagination? Targets across the nation don't seem to be stocking them. I'll look for LOSS today, and if I don't find him, then I'll order him, Gali, and Onua off of Amazon. Good thing I've got Prime!

• Upvote 1

Gen-oners? I prefer to call them geewunners. Also, not all of us are "G2 crusaders".

I like that term, it makes me thing of Bohrok remakes using CCBS...which will probably never happen, but I can dream.

BOTH sides are unable to be civil and respectful? You didn't see my post, I assume.

Do Gali and Onua even exist, or are they just figments of our imagination? Targets across the nation don't seem to be stocking them. I'll look for LOSS today, and if I don't find him, then I'll order him, Gali, and Onua off of Amazon. Good thing I've got Prime!

I wasn't talking about your post friend. I was generally calling people out without naming them in an embarrassing and rude way, although I can see how you took it as of to mean everyone who participated in the discussion rather than the ones who were taking it out of its boundaries and so I apologize for it.  ^_^

Yeah it seems that Gali and Onua havent appear in Target stores. Luckily I was able to find them in a Toys R Us, sadly the TRU prices suck. I had to buy Onua for 22.99 and Gali and LOSS for 17.99, like what?!

Also Im a fan of both G1 AND G2. :P

Edited by AdaptingChaos

My Toys R Us isn't. When I was able to get Onua, I got him at 19.99$ plus tax.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Same here, except I ordered online and they'll be here either tomorrow or the day after, that is unless UPS doesn't deliver on New Years Day, which I think might be the case. 

Did you manage to buy 'em when the Toys R Us site had them up to buy for a very short period of time?

Edit: Funny enough, the only set on the Toys R Us site is Onua, and you can buy him right now, and pick him up at the store for free.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You know, I only get star wars and old bionicle sets, the rest of my collection is megablok halo and transformers. And I don't tear apart sets once I make them, the same goes for mocs.

Question: does Megabloks have a dedicated fan site, similar to BZP? I need a fall-back plan if I don't like any of the 2015 Lego sets, besides Bionicle.

This is getting close to the superiority complex that a lot of people find at BZP.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr
  • Upvote 1

Same here, except I ordered online and they'll be here either tomorrow or the day after, that is unless UPS doesn't deliver on New Years Day, which I think might be the case. 

Did you manage to buy 'em when the Toys R Us site had them up to buy for a very short period of time?

Edit: Funny enough, the only set on the Toys R Us site is Onua, and you can buy him right now, and pick him up at the store for free.

There's a little way to get to the rest of the sets using a site. Go to www.brickseek.com and enter the name of the Toa you want, don't hit enter, instead click on the toa's icon when it shows up and it'll take you to a specific page. on that page you'll see the "Buy Now" option under availability and across from "Toysrus", regardless of whether it says in stock or out of stock, select that and it will take you to the Toys R Us site where they are INDEED in stock and you can order them and everything.

Example:

Tahu

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45304756&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

Gali

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45476216&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

Pohatu

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45475846&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

Lewa

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45475776&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

Kopaka

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45476246&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

Onua

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45199366&cp=2255956.2262937.31820206&parentPage=family

You know, I only get star wars and old bionicle sets, the rest of my collection is megablok halo and transformers. And I don't tear apart sets once I make them, the same goes for mocs.

Question: does Megabloks have a dedicated fan site, similar to BZP? I need a fall-back plan if I don't like any of the 2015 Lego sets, besides Bionicle.
This is getting close to the superiority complex that a lot of peoe find at BZP.

What...?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So TRU is giving sets price jacks? Whyyy?

They do that often for certain sets, and not for others. The Mixels were marked up by around 49 cents, while the Legends of Chima legend beasts were sold at their default $9.99 price.

However, if you wait until the sets are officially released elsewhere, Toys 'R' Us has a Price Match Guarantee that lets you get sets from them at many of their competitors' prices, even ones that don't have a store in your area. They even price-match LEGO.com!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

They do that often for certain sets, and not for others. The Mixels were marked up by around 49 cents, while the Legends of Chima legend beasts were sold at their default $9.99 price.

However, if you wait until the sets are officially released elsewhere, Toys 'R' Us has a Price Match Guarantee that lets you get sets from them at many of their competitors' prices, even ones that don't have a store in your area. They even price-match LEGO.com!

Now that is good to hear! I had no idea they price-match Lego.com!

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Got Tahu and Gali a few days ago at my TRU, and they're easily the best constraction sets I've had in a long time, combining not only the CCBS that was used in HF but also the old gear system from 2001. I love that they've combined the two, and basically perfected them.

I don't plan to get any other big or mid-sized sets, but would you recommend any Protectors? They seem very unique from small sets in previous years and I'd love to give one a try.

-SS16

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Got Tahu and Gali a few days ago at my TRU, and they're easily the best constraction sets I've had in a long time, combining not only the CCBS that was used in HF but also the old gear system from 2001. I love that they've combined the two, and basically perfected them.

I don't plan to get any other big or mid-sized sets, but would you recommend any Protectors? They seem very unique from small sets in previous years and I'd love to give one a try.

-SS16

My personal favorite is the Protector of Jungle. And the Protector of Earth's design is both really unique and really effective. But in general I think all of the Protectors have their merits, even the Protector of Fire (the only one whose proportions really bother me — the short arms don't work nearly as well for his larger torso as they do for the Protector of Ice).

im going to trying to get to a Target store on the first, cause ill be gone intell then.

make sure to give me a ride 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I wasn't talking about your post friend. I was generally calling people out without naming them in an embarrassing and rude way, although I can see how you took it as of to mean everyone who participated in the discussion rather than the ones who were taking it out of its boundaries and so I apologize for it.  ^_^

Oh I just wanted to be sure, no need to worry.

Because it's TRU...they jack the prices up on EVERYTHING. They've been ruthless with their prices for Transformers. Their Masterpiece Prowl was $70, when the Japanese version could be had for $50. I don't go to TRU though cause the one nearest to me is in a bad part of town, and I'd prefer my Mustang NOT be broken into and/or stolen.

-SS16

Protectors of jungle, earth, and stone are fantastic. Biggest complaint I have about fire and ice is their lack of elbows. 

Since we're going slightly off topic, I gotta ask: is the Premier Membership really worth $40.50, even for a lifetime?

I got tell Midnight to decided, 'cause that's when I get paid. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

No no I didnt order them I actually went in to a store and bought them like they are on the shelf. 

Aw man, I wish I knew that sooner! Oh well next time, thanks for the heads up! :D