OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I honestly think the most interesting part is where the island's more segmented shape is explained by the Protectors using their elemental masks to shape the island over the millennia.

So it's thanks to them that there are mountains/hills/walls separating the various regions?

Why would they do that?

Also, did anyone notice the compass on the Okoto map page?

It seems to be made from bones and shells. Interesting.

Edited by admiraltyphoon

SH0Gxlo.png

I was cool with that ToaSalvus has to say, up until he said there was more value in buying the old sets.

I was cool with that ToaSalvus has to say, up until he said there was more value in buying the old sets.

You can get a hundred 2015 parts for $20, or you can get 6 pounds of old parts for $40. I can understand someone going for the old parts, especially if they want to MoC and don't have a big collection.

Yes, more value in buying them for me personally. As I do not care for CCBS and I see no point in paying $20 for a single CCBS figure when I can get several old style figures from ebay for the same price. I apologize for that post coming off as offensive.

Where can you get old figure for under $20?? All the ones I see are either missing pieces, or MISB for $50+.

Well, to be honest, I'm also buying older pieces and sets with my money rather than the new ones. I'll wait a while before getting them.

Also, when I buy stuff, I usually go on BrickLink and buy every piece from a specific set rather than finding it on eBay. It's way cheaper that way.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Guys, I just realized something.

That poster might confirm the existence of trans. Red eyestalks.

While I really hope its that. What if we just get Trans Orange eyestalks again!!?!?! 

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  :o

Orange actually looks a lot better. Red is rather dull compared to them. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

While I really hope its that. What if we just get Trans Orange eyestalks again!!?!?! 

Yeah I agree, but idk Im hoping for red over orange bc I feel we had too much orange eyestalks in 2008 - 2010 for the villains. 

My brother is so nice. He bought me the Protector of Water yesterday. She's still in her box but I plan on building her tonight. I was going to wait until Thursday but why wait?

Word of advice, don't shoot the blaster in a cluttered room. If you do, chances are you're not going to see that ammo piece again. Already lost of them for the Protector of Earth.

Yeah I agree, but idk Im hoping for red over orange bc I feel we had too much orange eyestalks in 2008 - 2010 for the villains. 

Well, true. I'd rather have a blend of red and orange (with slightly more orange than red) over having just orange.

In fact, I wish that each Toa had a different eye color...but that might drive up the price of the sets. Meh. 

I'd have to say no too. Having individually colored 'box lids' would clash with the overall design.

I think the design is ugly. They all look the same.

True, but think about how much the dull yellow of the 'Bionicle' logo would clash with a bright red background. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Maybe it's actually trans. reddish orange?

They've recently done a lot of parts in this color, so why not? 

It's actually a good color for villains.

SH0Gxlo.png

That contrasted well with Metru Green, but wasn't very visible. I would like to see trans light blue again, though, perhaps for Ekimu's inevitable set appearance.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So, I went to Target today...brought home 4 sets! Protectors of stone and jungle, Pohatu, and Lewa. Had to have a guy get them out of the back for me...LOSS was listed as being available, but he couldn't find it, so I'll probably go back one more time before the new year. The only sets I need now are LOSS, Gali, and Onua, and then I'll have a complete collection! Haven't built any of my Toa yet...waiting just a little bit. My plan now that I've built all 6 Protectors is to build LOSS next and then the 3 smaller Toa, then finish with the 3 larger Toa. Still getting used to the new build system...and also trying to savor this relaunch a little bit.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say no too. Having individually colored 'box lids' would clash with the overall design.

I think the design is ugly. They all look the same.

They look at least as different as the Toa Mata canisters, which were mostly silver. Seeing as the set backgrounds are all remarkably different (more so than most old-school BIONICLE box art), you have to have SOME part of the packages look unified, or the BIONICLE section won't have any unified presence on a store shelf. It's good to be able to look at a shelf and instantly recognize the City sets by their bright blue borders, or the Creator sets by their bright yellow borders, or the Friends sets by their lavender borders, or the BIONICLE sets by their dark blue borders. Additionally, future waves might use a different border color so they stand out immediately from the previous wave.

So, I went to Target today...brought home 4 sets! Protectors of stone and jungle, Pohatu, and Lewa. Had to have a guy get them out of the back for me...LOSS was listed as being available, but he couldn't find it, so I'll probably go back one more time before the new year. The only sets I need now are LOSS, Gali, and Onua, and then I'll have a complete collection! Haven't built any of my Toa yet...waiting just a little bit. My plan now that I've built all 6 Protectors is to build LOSS next and then the 3 smaller Toa, then finish with the 3 larger Toa. Still getting used to the new build system...and also trying to savor this relaunch a little bit.

Nice one bro! Its looks nice when a collection is finished. Im glad to say I finished mine before the new year even starts! :D

Does someon here know the princes in EUR ? I'm going to portugal soon and I will buy all the sets there

I honestly think the most interesting part is where the island's more segmented shape is explained by the Protectors using their elemental masks to shape the island over the millennia.

Wait what ?

Edited by Zidonaro
  • Upvote 1

I feel like it will just end up being trans orange. I mean... the last time we had trans red eyestalks was Matau in 2004.

-NotS

We haven't seen gear functions since 2004-05 on a constraction set either, at least not as the main point of it. 

Anything can happen until we know that it won't. 

• Upvote 1

So what color do ya'll think the MoUP will be once we get it in set-form? It might be pretty obvious that it's going to be black. Though, a mixture of trans-red + black would be sick.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So what color do ya'll think the MoUP will be once we get it in set-form? It might be pretty obvious that it's going to be black. Though, a mixture of trans-red + black would be sick.

I agree that that would be a cool color scheme for the MoUP. Maybe it could be mostly black with red on the sides or something of that sorts.

Anyways, out of the four sets I have, I've only built two of them so far. Tahu and the Lord of Skull Spiders. I'm trying to build one a day, to enjoy the experience of building Lego sets again. :)

I really like Tahu's new set. I really like his new weapons and that he keeps back up swords on his back. Plus, the gear functions on him are really impressive. I imagine it will be that way for all the Toa once I get and build them. :)

I will say that his new Mask isn't as good as the original Hau IMO, but that is probably my nostalgia for that mask talking. The new 'Hau' is still a good mask and I'm glad to have both regular and gold versions of it. (The gold version in particular was very popular with one of cats, who tried to take it away to use for a chew toy. I got it back before any damage was done. :P)

As for LOSS, now that I have his set, I can see some of the issues people have been saying that it has. Like the bareness on parts of its legs. I also think its head could've been built better. But the reason I got it was because I thought it would be a cool set, and despite my minor complaints about it, I have no regrets getting it. It has an awesome torso build and I really enjoy its gear function. I'm really glad I picked it up.

I post my thoughts on the other two sets (Kopaka and the Ice Protector) after I build them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

2 days ago, I was able to pick up Tahu at a Target, Kopaka at another Target, and at a Toys-'R'-Us, 5 Protetors (no ice, unfortunately) and the $15 Toa.

The Protectors are nice, for the size that they are. I like their color schemes, and how they all have a distinctive transparent color to distinguish them. They're blasters shoot REALLY far (too far, in fact; good thing they include 6-8 extra studs). The blend of the solid and transparent colors for the mask is also nice, and if anything, is proof that the LEGO Group could do the MoUP as a blend of Black and Trans Red, if they wanted. I find interesting how the Protector of Stone has Trans Light Blue eyes, while Pohatu has Trans Neon Green (I think that's correct?) eyes. My only major complaints are that the missiles are WAY too easy to lose, and for the Protector of Fire, his arms only have 2 points of articulation (even worse, they're knee joints!).

The Toa are also really fun. The gear functions add complexity back into basic constraction models, (not that basic constraction models couldn't be complex,) and the dual-functionality of the weapons add even more playability. Each of the Toa's characteristics give them personalit, i.e. Pohatu is short and leg-heavy like a real runner, Kopaka is big and bulky, and could lead to easy slippage on ice, and Gali has slightly more feminine portions than the others (but that may just be me). The inclusion of the Golden Mask of ______ and Skull Spider (or Scorpion!) give the sets actual conflict and scenarios strait out of the box, instead of just a figure. Overall, these sets are fantastic.

Edited by Turaga Karera

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Question for everybody who own the sets. How stiff are your gears? I have Lewa and Tahu, and both have rather loose gears. They tend to fall back down due to gravity, though only if their arms are directly perpendicular to their bodies. Tahu's I can forgive, since he only has two friction gears holding up two heavy swords. Lewa's I do not understand, considering he has FOUR friction gears. His arms were fine, at first, but now they can barely hold a pose that is dynamic.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's nowhere near the looseness of gears of old, but it's not exactly tight.

Edited by MitriX75

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Question for everybody who own the sets. How stiff are your gears? I have Lewa and Tahu, and both have rather loose gears. They tend to fall back down due to gravity, though only if their arms are directly perpendicular to their bodies. Tahu's I can forgive, since he only has two friction gears holding up two heavy swords. Lewa's I do not understand, considering he has FOUR friction gears. His arms were fine, at first, but now they can barely hold a pose that is dnynamic.

My gears are actually quite stiff. I actually have trouble turning the gears at times, due to how stiff they are.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Does anyone think about the Protectors and think this: "How do they know so much about being a Toa?"

And a second thing to think about: The Vahi being very imperative at NYCC, and then the announcement of the Temple of Time? Anyone getting suspicious? 

And just because my hyperactive brain is in motion right now, the Vahi was introduced with the Toa Metru right? And the Toa Metru became the Turaga before the Toa Mata showed up, right? Soooo.........

Are the protectors the Toa Metru and does that have to do with the Vahi or the Temple of Time?

Just a small thought...

14246252233_DISPLAY.jpg

There is a limit to how much friction the gears can reasonably give.  You mention that the problem is mainly when the arms are held straight out, which is the point where the most force is applied on the friction joints.  The designers probably just found a decent balance between how much is needed to keep the arms relatively in-place and how much would impede the function itself.

(Also, I believe Lewa only has two actual friction joints, though they do use four gears.)

OpAXNpl.jpg

Does anyone think about the Protectors and think this: "How do they know so much about being a Toa?"

And a second thing to think about: The Vahi being very imperative at NYCC, and then the announcement of the Temple of Time? Anyone getting suspicious? 

And just because my hyperactive brain is in motion right now, the Vahi was introduced with the Toa Metru right? And the Toa Metru became the Turaga before the Toa Mata showed up, right? Soooo.........

Are the protectors the Toa Metru and does that have to do with the Vahi or the Temple of Time?

Just a small thought...

Actually, the Vahi was introduced into the story a year before, when Vakama gave the Vahi to Tahu in the Bohrok-Kal arc. The Toa Metru arc in 2004 showed how the Vahi was created. 

For the Protectors, it is curious as to how they know so much about the Toa. It could be possible that their knowledge comes from stories past down to them from their ancestors, and they then tell the Toa this info when they arrive. I don't think that they are Gen 2's 'Toa Metru,' simply because I don't think the story team would want to do that with them. Especially since that concept was already used with the villagers of Gen 1, the Matoran. I don't have any evidence support or deny that the Protectors could've been Toa in the past. I'm just stating my personal preference on the subject. But I do think keeping them separate species could make for some interesting stories as Gen 2's story gets going.

And aside from the Protectors using the Vahi to summon the Toa to Okoto, I have no guess on how it and Temple of Time fit into the story yet. Though I'm interested is seeing how they play into it. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wait, has the Vahi been confirmed by 2015?

Can someone link me to when this was announced

How am I not knowing this already

Yeah, it was stated like this : "The Protectors used the Mask of Time to summon the Toa".

The photos should be on the previous page.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The new BIONICLE mini-magazine says that the Protectors used the "Mask of Time" to summon the Toa.

Personally I'm waiting for further confirmation because it seems slightly at odds with what the animations portray, though not exactly contradictory.  Could be an early idea that was supposed to be scrapped, could be extra information that the animations didn't include.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Does someon here know the princes in EUR ? I'm going to portugal soon and I will buy all the sets there

Wait what ?

The page in the brochure on the Protectors says they've been using their masks to shape the island.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Two questions: Is the Vahi considered a legendary mask or 'mask of great power' such as the mask of creation?

And question umber 2: How did they get the Vahi?

My guess is that it's either A. The protectors didn't have the Vahi and the magazine is inconsistent with the story or B. The protectors did have the Mask of Time, and we either didn't see it (not counting the easter eggs) or the animations are inconsistent with the story.

Question for everybody who own the sets. How stiff are your gears? I have Lewa and Tahu, and both have rather loose gears. They tend to fall back down due to gravity, though only if their arms are directly perpendicular to their bodies. Tahu's I can forgive, since he only has two friction gears holding up two heavy swords. Lewa's I do not understand, considering he has FOUR friction gears. His arms were fine, at first, but now they can barely hold a pose that is dnynamic.

My gears are actually quite stiff. I actually have trouble turning the gears at times, due to how stiff they are.

I have really stiff gears as well. However my Comic Con Tahu has less stiff gears than the new one I bought and Im sure it could be due to me always playing around with it.