OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

For anyone who has ordered the sets on Toysrus.com (go to LegomationStudio for information on how to do this), have your sets shipped yet or is your shipment left at "item(s) located in stock" as well? 

I don't think online orders will go through until the official street date.

You sure? If that were the case they shouldn't say the sets are in stock then and allow orders. Instead it would make more sense to only allow preorders. Using that logic I'd certainly expect to get my sets before the street date, which in many stores seems to be Jan. 4th instead of 1st. 

A lot of stores break street date because shelves are empty from Christmas, but online retailers don't need to worry about that, so it would make sense they stick to the release date.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nh9t1nipt61sy13izo7_1280.jpgterminator-5-release-date-new-trilogy.jp

Anybody else think the "mystery mask" kinda looks like the Terminator?

Terminator-esque villain confirmed. Gotta admit a non-canon Bionicle/Terminator crossover would be cool as a one-off thing. Kinda like the Marvel/AoT crossover.

I wouldn't bother store employees about digging in the back for products that aren't released yet. I've worked in stores and most employees don't know where specific items are located in the backrooms. Those things are huge and boxes upon boxes look the same and you have to read all the labels to find the right one, and then they have to open the big boxes and get out smaller boxes and etc. You're just giving people trouble for your impatience.

Only reason I asked yesterday was because I had the DCPI numbers and checked and knew they were in the back. Had I not had that knowledge though, I wouldn't have asked.

I wouldn't bother store employees about digging in the back for products that aren't released yet. I've worked in stores and most employees don't know where specific items are located in the backrooms. Those things are huge and boxes upon boxes look the same and you have to read all the labels to find the right one, and then they have to open the big boxes and get out smaller boxes and etc. You're just giving people trouble for your impatience.

Only reason I asked yesterday was because I had the DCPI numbers and checked and knew they were in the back. Had I not had that knowledge though, I wouldn't have asked.

Lol i would honestly be a little confused if a customer came in with DCPI numbers and inventory information already figured out. But there's probably a reason they haven't stocked them yet.

I did the DCPI trick. The Target employee went all the way to the back, found the sets, but didn't sell me any because it said the release date was the 4th. Why did everyone else get morally corrupt employees and not meee? XD

Maybe you didn't look sad enough. The person who helped me get Tahu at my local target was there at the end of the day, and she could see I'd been looking around for a while to no avail... she was old enough to have greying hair, and the other employees seemed to answer to her, but even in her position of authority, I guess she just wanted to be nice to me, a total stranger, like it was a late Christmas present. She even had other people looking for it. She didn't need to do any of that.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Nice one bro! :D Which set is your favorite?

I wish there was a way to get a bunch of Skull Spiders cheaply. They look so good as a swarm. 

Sweet. It's amazing seeing them all lined up together.

http://imgur.com/a/cgOmT :P

Edited by AdaptingChaos

I did the DCPI trick. The Target employee went all the way to the back, found the sets, but didn't sell me any because it said the release date was the 4th. Why did everyone else get morally corrupt employees and not meee? XD

It's up to the manager to decide. Regular employees can't make those calls. If you really really wanted, you can ask to speak to the manager and tell them that most Targets are selling them now.

My local Targets now have most of the new BIONICLEs, as well as a number of other 2015 products (such as Series 13 Minifigures.) Alas, Onua is not among them, but I did acquire the Protectors of Earth and Stone on Saturday. Lovely little sets. Quite possibly the best use of CCBS I have ever seen in any official model.

It's weird to see Target so ahead of the game in regards to LEGOs, and Toys R Us behind them. I wonder if there's been a souring of relations between the latter and Billund (or Enfield, as the case may be.)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I have seen the sets (minus less) at TRU today, I'm sorry, I tried, but they just don't do it for me. Even my mom (who has no knowledge of bionicle) said my old sets look more impressive and stuff.

The thin boxes, simple artwork, and CCBS just don't give me much hope. I tried everyone, I really did.

• Upvote 1

The thin boxes, simple artwork, and CCBS just don't give me much hope.

How is the artwork simple compared to G1 exactly? I think that at the very least it equally well-done. Unless you are talking about some of the promo art (not on the boxes), in which case I agree with you.

• Upvote 3

IetTsFQ.png

My local Targets now have most of the new BIONICLEs, as well as a number of other 2015 products (such as Series 13 Minifigures.) Alas, Onua is not among them, but I did acquire the Protectors of Earth and Stone on Saturday. Lovely little sets. Quite possibly the best use of CCBS I have ever seen in any official model.

It's weird to see Target so ahead of the game in regards to LEGOs, and Toys R Us behind them. I wonder if there's been a souring of relations between the latter and Billund (or Enfield, as the case may be.)

My TRU has more variety than Target. One of my Targets had 6 Kopakas and nothing else.

• Upvote 1

I have seen the sets (minus less) at TRU today, I'm sorry, I tried, but they just don't do it for me. Even my mom (who has no knowledge of bionicle) said my old sets look more impressive and stuff.

The thin boxes, simple artwork, and CCBS just don't give me much hope. I tried everyone, I really did.

Just get the Protectors of Stone and Earth. I think they stand a fair chance of changing your opinions. Mind, I've never hated CCBS, but I've never been quite as impressed with it as I have with these wonderful fellows.

My TRU has more variety than Target. One of my Targets had 6 Kopakas and nothing else.

Usually, the Targets in my area don't get most of the year's sets until at least mid-January, while my local Toys R Us manages to have most of the coming year's offerings a week before Christmas. Obviously, this isn't true for all stores of either franchise, but it seems to me that a majority of the BIONICLE 2015 sightings have been coming from the former.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Just get the Protectors of Stone and Earth. I think they stand a fair chance of changing your opinions. Mind, I've never hated CCBS, but I've never been quite as impressed with it as I have with these wonderful fellows.

Usually, the Targets in my area don't get most of the year's sets until at least mid-January, while my local Toys R Us manages to have most of the coming year's offerings a week before Christmas. Obviously, this isn't true for all stores of either franchise, but it seems to me that a majority of the BIONICLE 2015 sightings have been coming from the former.

I wish that was true for my case; haven't seen a Bionicle set at my local Target since I started looking for 'em a couple weeks ago (gonna check for early sets one last time tomorrow). 

And I don't mean to open up a can of worms (again?) but Technic lovers will be Technic lovers. They're just gonna have to accept that it's never going to come back 100%--LoSS is the perfect example.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I am one of these technic lovers, and deeply hate CCBS. or as I call it, skeleball.

I see no reason it shouldn't come back. it was a great system, personally.

I don't really understand the term skeleball because honestly that sounds kinda cool. I hear it's supposed to be a slight against the system but I'm not really getting it.

Anyway the reason it won't come back is because it's a generally wasteful system. Reusing generic (in a good way) parts is what Lego is all about, and CCBS is far more in line with that than Bionicle of old. It's not efficient enough, and honestly the building experience itself is hardly any different--it simply cuts out the technic pins and such in some areas (And if the highlight of your build is technic pins I'm not really sure what to tell you). The new sets are actually more complex than the canister and small sets of the late Bionicle years, really.

• Upvote 5

AXKP5KC.png

I am one of these technic lovers, and deeply hate CCBS. or as I call it, skeleball.

You're jumping over the fact that Bionicle left the Technic system behind when 2006 came around. After that, only Titan sets and vehicles had REAL technic functions. Not to mention the New Toa have just as much "Technic" as the old Toa did. In fact, comparing them to the old Toa, they have the gear functions the old ones had, but also have joints, pose-ability, and more complete and satisfying builds. I think you're merely clouded by nostalgia, but you know that's fine. You don't have to buy the new sets, I'm just telling you to think about this deeper and really understand that your claims aren't what you say they are. Technic died in Bionicle after we stopped having Rahi and Bohrok, everything afterwards was either subtle or used in really expensive sets. 

• Upvote 2

The old system is worse than CCBS in almost every aspect. Some might find it visually less appealing because of the smoother look of the new shells, wich is purely subjective. But other than that, I really can't find any major flaws in the system.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 3

Hail Denmark

I coined Skeleball, its good its gaining a foothold. and no, its NOT meant as an insult. it refers to the skeletal frame CCBS sets use, with the shells merely tacked on by ball joints.

and no, heroic, I am not clouded by nostalgia.

Awwwwwwe! You called me "heroic". :')

Anyway, my point still stands. Bionicle has pretty much been this way ever since 2006. Except building during the old Bionicle's days was even more limited considering it was snap this foot onto this leg piece with connects to the thigh and then BAM! There's your leg. No personality, just the basic same leg mold used over and over and over and over and over with very little variety to work with. The only thing you could really do was add armor pieces to the legs, which only TRULY came in full circle later in 2009. So you tell me what's tacking what on. XD

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

On the flip-side of the same coin, CCBS isn't most likely going to be a permanent thing. I suspect we're going to see something that's a mixture of Techic & CCBS within the foreseeable future? If that makes any sense. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

well it was Blatantly obvious.  ;)

but isn't the whole point of Skeleball? using the same part over, and over and over? so whats really being reused? XD  as some of you love to point out, Skeleball parts are very generic.

Yeah, Lego using the same shells is pretty booooring. Like many, many, maaaany, others have said before me, that trend is starting to vanish thanks to that new 2015 armor add-on. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

well it was Blatantly obvious.  ;)

but isn't the whole point of Skeleball? using the same part over, and over and over? so whats really being reused? XD  as some of you love to point out, Skeleball parts are very generic.

Awe man, It took me till now to realize there were smilies!  :o  

The thing is, a lot of parts go into making them a lot less generic, and add a lot more flow as well. I'm sure if you get your hands on a Toa you'll feel different about the system. Bionicle seems to be taking it in a new and exciting direction, and I expect new shell molds just for Bionicle at some point either in the summer wave or in the 2016 wave. Besides, don't they look cool? I know the build is fun, but isn't having a good looking and flowing figure with a wonderful design better? Not to mention masks feel like masks again, we finally got rid of those stupid helmets the Glatorian era introduced, not to mention an actual heads with eye stalks!  :D

On the flip-side of the same coin, CCBS isn't most likely going to be a permanent thing. I suspect we're going to see something that's a mixture of Techic & CCBS within the foreseeable future? If that makes any sense. 

We already have that. It's CCBS. Longer bones and all torso pieces have holes for technic pins, and parts that work to enhance the system using technic (like the gearboxes and the 3m beams with the ball joint) already exist. And the new sets already use plenty of technic (as did a good number of the HF sets of this year). CCBS was designed to be more or less permanent, and it was designed to allow for the mixing of CCBS with standard Technic parts. Builds like LoSS, for instance, show that. There's little reason to think they'd replace it with something else, and to be honest I have a hard time even picturing what you're imagining. There's little doubt that they'll keep making more new parts to enhance the system (more technic-y pieces, even) , but that's just the thing. They won't be replacing it anytime soon, merely adding to it, as they do the regular Lego pieces.

• Upvote 4

AXKP5KC.png

Oh the CCBS is going to be pretty permanent thing. Lego has stated multiple times that the new system is here to stay. And I don't really see what you mean by a mixture of Technic & CCBS within the forseeable future, since that's pretty much what we're already getting.

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

well know you know! ^_^

but anyway, I just cant, skeleball  just isn't for me, neither is the smooth shells and new head.

Hahaha, well that's fine then. I hope that you come back and at least enjoy the story and who knows, maybe there will be a set that one day peaks your interest enough to buy it. Heck, you might even warm up to CCBS one day if it advances past that dreaded generic point that puts you off so much.  ;)

Oh the CCBS is going to be pretty permanent thing. Lego has stated multiple times that the new system is here to stay. And I don't really see what you mean by a mixture of Technic & CCBS within the forseeable future, since that's pretty much what we're already getting.

Can you read palms too?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

On the subject of what will happen to CCBS, I don't think we'll ever know if it'll change or not. I wouldn't rule it out though. It was only a few months ago that Bionicle was dead and never coming back to our knowledge. Major shifts that we don't expect and don't seem to make sense can and sometimes happen. 

(Can we make that last part an "internet law/theory/hypothesis"? Just name it "Heroic's Law"(or Theory, or Hypothesis)? No? Okay. XD)

• Upvote 1

heroic, I doubt it, skeleball sickened me from the day I first saw it, and it hasn't done anything to make its self more appealing for me.

as for story, I don't like time travel related stories. (accept Beast Wars)

Fair enough, I suppose you still have old Bionicle and its canon. I'm not even sure if time traveling is happening though aside for the mask of time somehow being used to summon the Toa from possibly a different plane of existence (the old canon perhaps). 

If that were so though, what would happen to the old continuity? Would time in the other plane of existence be changed so that the Toa were never there, and Mata Nui never awoke? Well, if that DID happen then I suppose it wouldn't matter as we have a whole different circumstance with Okoto as it seems to actually be mystical and not an illusion created by a giant sleeping robot. Perhaps its like the Zelda timeline. In Okoto the heroes arrive, where as there are two separate dimensions created where the Toa Nuva awaken Mata Nui, and one where they're ripped from that dimension to Okoto's and everything fails in the dimension they're ripped from, thus Makuta reigns supreme. Or perhaps they take the Toa from the the old canon while they're on Spherus Magna. I do recall them having their Mata forms back, at least Tahu did to my knowledge.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

do you think that they will bring back some other main characters other than the Toa Mata, such as Jaller and Hahli (hence the name). Even having the protectors being the turaga in the story.

We don't know at this point, I think at comic con they said no, But then again lego employees always have to lie about future plans so I think it's still a possibility.

P.S Welcome to BZPower!

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Now that I think about it...

...Has anyone thought of the PoE's gatling gun as some kind of harness/armor that can be (fictionally, since the set can't do that) removed, so that it makes passing the weapon to the next generations easier?

I mean, we're just thinking it's attached to it's body only because the IRL set has got the gatling gun with an axle going through his body. 

• Upvote 1

SH0Gxlo.png