Confusion about the where-abouts of Metru Nui

Basically, this is very confusing to me:

So, Metru Nui is under Mata Nui. Okay.

But - everyone crossed the protodermis sea to get to Mata Nui, and then Vakama looks back on it - despite it being underneath Mata Nui.

Then this: Since it is under Mata Nui, shouldn't it have been destroyed when Mata Nui re-awoken?

And if it wasn't, since if Makuta was killed by Spherus Magna , with Metru nui being a bit crushed - but then, that would mean that Metru Nui should be crushed when Spherus Magna crashed into Bara Magna.

Plus - wouldn't the resulting crash of the two moons into the planet cause the planet to go hay-wire under the gravity of the moons?

OH GOD, SOMEONE HELP ME.

Mata Nui's(being) face is under the island of Mata Nui, And Metru Nui is inside Mata Nui's (Being) head, so it was intact when he reawoken.

Yeah, I believe Metru Nui got heavily damaged from the moon, but it was not totally destroyed.

Plus - wouldn't the resulting crash of the two moons into the planet cause the planet to go hay-wire under the gravity of the moons?

Just keep this quote in mind for every physics question you may have:

"Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."
— Greg Farshtey

lol

Basically, this is very confusing to me:

So, Metru Nui is under Mata Nui. Okay.

But - everyone crossed the protodermis sea to get to Mata Nui, and then Vakama looks back on it - despite it being underneath Mata Nui.

Common question; it was cleared up in the books, but if you don't read those it can be confusing. Basically, after leaving Metru Nui (in 2004; the Toa Metru plus six Matoran pods), they crossed the silver sea in Metru Nui's dome to the edge of that dome, and basically entered caves that meander up to the top of the dome. Mata Nui was on top of the dome (the face of the giant), at least since the crash onto Aqua Magna, when the camouflage island system activated accidentally.

(Then for 2005 they came back down the same basic way, albeit using different caves, fought Vissies, and then used airships to fly up again with all the Matoran.)

Assuming I'm understanding this "looks back" line right (somebody else mentioned this in a recent topic, so pardon if I'm reading that meaning into your words), that would be looking from the edge of the dome back toward the city in the middle of the dome (its circular 'floor'; the island in the middle of the circular sea). Vakama wasn't standing on Mata Nui when he did that.

Then this: Since it is under Mata Nui, shouldn't it have been destroyed when Mata Nui re-awoken?

I don't understand this question... Unless you're confusing Mata Nui the island for Mata Nui the giant robot? Metru Nui's dome is (and all the domes are) inside the giant. It's only Mata Nui the camouflage island that was outside the giant and thus destroyed (it was on top of the face).

And if it wasn't, since if Makuta was killed by Spherus Magna

Nitpick -- Spherus Magna is the name of the megaplanet before it split into three pieces, and after it was fused back together; Makuta wasn't killed by the whole planet, just one of the pieces. (There are two versions; in one it was the jungle moon that hit him, and in another it was a fragment of the ocean moon.)

, with Metru nui being a bit crushed

Metru Nui wasn't crushed; the very back of the head was crushed, but Metru Nui is more like the middle of the head. It was almost certainly severely damaged by the resulting quake though.

- but then, that would mean that Metru Nui should be crushed when Spherus Magna crashed into Bara Magna.

See above about SM (I assume you mean Aqua Magna or Bota Magna; Spherus Magna never crashed onto anything). Metru Nui wouldn't be affected by either of the moons being fused back to Bara Magna (reforming Spherus Magna). It might suffer another quake when the giant fell over on Bara Magna / Spherus Magna, though (along with the other domes).

I'm not sure what you mean. Go haywire in what way?

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Crossing the protodermis sea doesn't get you to Mata Nui - you have to cross the sea, then go up to Mata Nui. Vakama "looked back" before he went up.

Picture a huge wedge (robot) ramming into an island from underneath and breaking it up. Metru Nui is inside the wedge (robot), so it isn't broken up - a wedge doesn't smash what's inside itself.

And if it wasn't, since if Makuta was killed by Spherus Magna , with Metru nui being a bit crushed - but then, that would mean that Metru Nui should be crushed when Spherus Magna crashed into Bara Magna.

1) Makuta wasn't killed by Spherus Magna. He was killed by an Aqua Magna moon fragment.

2) There's no reason why that moon would crash into Spherus Magna. For all we know it's still in orbit. Makuta was rammed into the moon, not the other way around.

I'm not sure that the gravity of the moons would affect anything - gravity is just a force that attracts matter together. Also, we're taking about giant robots with gravity powers here, which can probably handle any errant gravitational forces.

Mata Nui's(being) face is under the island of Mata Nui, And Metru Nui is inside Mata Nui's (Being) head, so it was intact when he reawoken.

Yeah, I believe Metru Nui got heavily damaged from the moon, but it was not totally destroyed.

Just keep this quote in mind for every physics question you may have:

"[/size]Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."[/size]— Greg Farshtey[/size]

lol

Seconded.

While the original topic starter has me even more confused on how he got confused in the first place, creating a chaotic fiasco of utter mind blinding state of confusion that makes my cranium go frizzle-frazzle-shriddridge-kafritz, you dig homes'? :lol:

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Crossing the protodermis sea doesn't get you to Mata Nui - you have to cross the sea, then go up to Mata Nui. Vakama "looked back" before he went up.

Picture a huge wedge (robot) ramming into an island from underneath and breaking it up. Metru Nui is inside the wedge (robot), so it isn't broken up - a wedge doesn't smash what's inside itself.

1) Makuta wasn't killed by Spherus Magna. He was killed by an Aqua Magna moon fragment.

2) There's no reason why that moon would crash into Spherus Magna. For all we know it's still in orbit. Makuta was rammed into the moon, not the other way around.

I'm not sure that the gravity of the moons would affect anything - gravity is just a force that attracts matter together. Also, we're taking about giant robots with gravity powers here, which can probably handle any errant gravitational forces.
Makuta was hit in the head by Aqua Magna when it was on it's way to rejoin Bara Magna via Makuta's gravity powers. So the moons are no longer in orbit.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

This might be helpful:

MatoranUniverse2.jpg

Each island in the GSR is located in a dome. Mata Nui is located on top of the face of the GSR. Metru Nui can be thought of as the GSR's brain, and Karda Nui as the GSR's heart.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I used to have the hardest time understanding this too. It wasn't really well-explained before the end of the 2004/beginning of the 2005 story. What helped me understand was when I heard Voya Nui was on the "endless ocean planet" (which we now know as Aqua Magna) which the island of Mata Nui was on.

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan