Remember, Remember...

Akamai921

November 5th, not 3rd. The day marks the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, in which a group of people planned to blow up the House of Lords, killing that house of Parliament, and the King as well. Guy Fawkes was the man who was found guarding the gunpowder, and was tortured for information in order to find the rest of the participants in the plot.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Its odd how Guy Fawkes is the one remembered despite the leader of the plot, Robert Catesby, being caught too.What are people's thought on the point that the members of the Gunpowder Plot were most likely being set up? I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but there's some compelling evidence suggesting that the King's Court knew what was going on from the start and were manipulating the event into making James I more popular

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, gunpowder treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.It's an interesting holiday, and I think it has interesting origins. As for whether or not it was a false flag orchestrated by the crown to make James I more popular is something I have to look into.Guy Fawkes, as someone said, was ironically not an anarchist. The only reason he is popular for them, I think, is because of "V for Vendetta". I don't really celebrate the holiday (I'm American), but I recognize it. Historical days are always interesting to recognize!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

That's the main reason Americans know it.Seeing as the British kind of celebrate it annually, I'd like to think they knew of the holiday well before the movie.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I did say main reason, did I not? The plain fact is that many people who don't celebrate Bonfire Night didn't know about that bit of history until a movie was made featuring someone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Relax yourselves people; I asked what your plans for Guy Fawkes Day are, not who heard about it first.Back on topic: I've always hoped to attend a public bonfire for Guy Fawkes Night, though unfortunately, Colorado doesn't host many. Hopefully that changes this year.

:hau: :a::k::a::m::a::i::9::2::1: :infected:

IYAAYAS Coin 1

I did say main reason, did I not? The plain fact is that many people who don't celebrate Bonfire Night didn't know about that bit of history until a movie was made featuring someone wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

Sorry, I'm a bit defensive sometimes.

I've always hoped to attend a public bonfire for Guy Fawkes Night, though unfortunately, Colorado doesn't host many. Hopefully that changes this year.

Where I'm in, I have not heard of ANY bonfires. :P I hope you have fun! That Occupy protest idea sounds fine, but I do not really agree with the movement.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2