Lego sets to be released late in the UK?

UngluedBike

I've noticed that multiple US sites have the new Bionicle sets ready to go, but when I check their UK counterparts, absolutely no evidence that they exist! I emailed into Toys'R'Us, and they had never even heard about the new sets! What's going on? I wanted all the new sets for Christmas!

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Well we knew we wouldn't get them for xmas as they aren't released until a week later so not sure why you were expecting that to be possible... As for other delays, have you tried asking Lego directly? Maybe by contacting a UK store or even asking on the official bionicle facebook page?

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Hmm so it does... Is there a way to contact Amazon and ask for more information? I find it rather strange that a third party website would have them listed before the official Lego portal. Also, Amazon is a US company right? So maybe they're listing them for sale based on exporting US releases. It would also explain why the prices are lower than expected as they'd be selling them for direct conversions on the US RRPs. Of course that still wouldn't factor in shipping costs so I find it strange. It does also suggest that prices may actually RISE at a later date if this is the case so not really sure what to think at this point...

Hmm so it does... Is there a way to contact Amazon and ask for more information? I find it rather strange that a third party website would have them listed before the official Lego portal. Also, Amazon is a US company right? So maybe they're listing them for sale based on exporting US releases. It would also explain why the prices are lower than expected as they'd be selling them for direct conversions on the US RRPs. Of course that still wouldn't factor in shipping costs so I find it strange. It does also suggest that prices may actually RISE at a later date if this is the case so not really sure what to think at this point...

It's not strange at all, in fact it's usually third parties that try to jump in first so they're the only seller. Anyone can take a stock photo of a Bionicle and create a listing before it's available.

If it's sold by a third party seller, it usually says so. I noticed they had all the 2015 sets up a while back, though only Tahu, Kopaka and Onua seem to be listed anymore.

I seem to remember the old sets would appear in the US intermittently during December, but wouldn't appear in the UK at all until sometime in January. That may well still be the case, so we'll have to wait a while (but at least we'll know what to do with Christmas money!)

Edit: Officially, they're not released until January anyway, so we're not getting them late - other places are just getting them early!

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

HAIL ME! I have official release dates from Lego (and on a saturday no less!) Seems our stores will be stocking the new range from BOXING DAY! That's right, December 26th is when we brits will get our sets!

Again, this is straight from the source so it's guaranteed accuracte! Apparently they're rolling them out a week earlier than initially planned so as to avoid overcrowding in the New Year.

Aint I just the best ;)

HAIL ME! I have official release dates from Lego (and on a saturday no less!) Seems our stores will be stocking the new range from BOXING DAY! That's right, December 26th is when we brits will get our sets!

Again, this is straight from the source so it's guaranteed accuracte! Apparently they're rolling them out a week earlier than initially planned so as to avoid overcrowding in the New Year.

Aint I just the best ;)

And I just happen to get paid 6 days after. Jolly good!

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Aint I just the best ;)

Wait, the UK is getting them BEFORE? Say Whaaaaaaat?

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Aint I just the best ;)

Alright! After various themes (such as space police and world racers) being online only and the Americans getting them in stores, and various overpriced sets Britain finally get's some love, interestingly enough after I rekindle my connection to lego (although only through bionicle). 

It's time to move on.

Aint I just the best ;)

Source?

Most years in the UK some stores (Most notably John Lewis and some Lego brand stores) tend to stock 2015 sets being released in January, so I wouldn't say that this is too uncommon, but I'm surprised that the official street date itself is boxing day and not January 1st like most other themes...

Even if this isn't true though, John Lewis is pretty much guaranteed to break the street date and stock 'em on boxing day, they do it every year for all other themes so I don't see why they wouldn't this year...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

I didn't get a message, I picked up the phone and called Lego. They do have offices you know :P I was told that under no circumstances would they give me current prices as they may still be subject to change (I really tried too!) but he suggested we use the Hero Factory pricing as a guideline. He also told me that the sets would be available IN LEGO STORES (UK ones anyway) from December 26th. He said there were absolutely NO pre-orders so anyone buying off Amazon needs to figure out who you've just sent your money to! He didn't comment on when other stores may be stocking them but then I'm not sure I actually asked that. It took me a whole day to actually get through to someone and then I forget to ask everything, great huh?

The reason he gave me for them being released on boing day was that there are just too many new sets hitting the market in January. To avoid overcrowding they've brought the Bionicle release forward by a week to help spread out the new sets a little. That is a from the horses mouth fact!

Question the source all you like, it doesn't matter to me who believes it. I already know for sure! 

Tragically my other half is working all day on the 26th. And the 27th... Soooo... Yeah.

I didn't get a message, I picked up the phone and called Lego. They do have offices you know :P I was told that under no circumstances would they give me current prices as they may still be subject to change (I really tried too!) but he suggested we use the Hero Factory pricing as a guideline. He also told me that the sets would be available IN LEGO STORES (UK ones anyway) from December 26th. He said there were absolutely NO pre-orders so anyone buying off Amazon needs to figure out who you've just sent your money to! He didn't comment on when other stores may be stocking them but then I'm not sure I actually asked that. It took me a whole day to actually get through to someone and then I forget to ask everything, great huh?

The reason he gave me for them being released on boing day was that there are just too many new sets hitting the market in January. To avoid overcrowding they've brought the Bionicle release forward by a week to help spread out the new sets a little. That is a from the horses mouth fact!

Question the source all you like, it doesn't matter to me who believes it. I already know for sure! 

Tragically my other half is working all day on the 26th. And the 27th... Soooo... Yeah.

The last time I contacted Lego offices, they said 2014 Chima constraction was "coming soon" to the US.

You sound so reputable.

Don't care, get over it ;)

The last time I contacted Lego offices, they said 2014 Chima constraction was "coming soon" to the US.

Well it is possible that perhaps the person I spoke to was slightly more helpful than this... Of course there's still a chance he could be wrong but he certainly sounded confident regarding everything I was told. Will try to speak to someone else today to clarify (because I don't want egg on my face and this seems to be getting people rather worked up for some reason) but from what I was told I have no reason to suspect that I was misinformed.

And again, like I said, I reaaally don't care who trusts the information, just thought people may want to know! Next time I'll just keep it to myself.

Same here, not with the kids :(

Not having much luck getting through to anyone today but am still trying!

EDIT : Scratch that! Just caught everyone on their lunch or something and managed to get through to half a dozen different points of contact! Unfortunately I haven't had any other confirmations yet. As far as I can tell, everyone else is saying the same about the release dates as they are about the prices. 'We can't tell you until we know for sure'! One person said there WAS an established precedence for some sets to be released on the 26th despite being planned for the new year. Several stores I contacted said they hadn't received the final word on which sets would be the early releases yet. One however said they DID have the list and that while some sets that were "marked in red" will be part of the 26th wave, Bionicle was still on her list for the 1st.

It seems we'll have to wait and see but given the chap who confirmed it was happy to reveal dates but so seriously reluctant to disclose prices I genuinely don't believe he would have told me the shelf dates if he wasn't absolutely certain. 

So make of it what you will, I'm staying hopeful for now though!

Edited by Munty

Same here, not with the kids :(

Not having much luck getting through to anyone today but am still trying!

EDIT : Scratch that! Just caught everyone on their lunch or something and managed to get through to half a dozen different points of contact! Unfortunately I haven't had any other confirmations yet. As far as I can tell, everyone else is saying the same about the release dates as they are about the prices. 'We can't tell you until we know for sure'! One person said there WAS an established precedence for some sets to be released on the 26th despite being planned for the new year. Several stores I contacted said they hadn't received the final word on which sets would be the early releases yet. One however said they DID have the list and that while some sets that were "marked in red" will be part of the 26th wave, Bionicle was still on her list for the 1st.

It seems we'll have to wait and see but given the chap who confirmed it was happy to reveal dates but so seriously reluctant to disclose prices I genuinely don't believe he would have told me the shelf dates if he wasn't absolutely certain. 

So make of it what you will, I'm staying hopeful for now though!

Huh I guess I will have to wait till January.

It's time to move on.

Yeah, you better keep the 'information' to yourself next time.

As long as we're keeping things to ourselves we can probably do without any more of your snide comments thanks...

Aint I just the best ;)

This is fantastic news! I have just enough money to get them all in one go!  :br:

Yeah, you better keep the 'information' to yourself next time.

What on earth is wrong with you? He phoned Lego. They told him things. He's just retelling us. Munty is a fairly reliable source of info (I can vouch for that)

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/