Kanoka Questions

I prefer pizza hut. :D

I'd say a metruan is about 3-4 feet tall.

I think that's the general consensus. And Kanoka are about a third of their height? A fourth? In that case, I would say that the disks are a little over a foot in diameter. The extra material probably comes from thickness.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

How much protodermis weights probably factors into there throwing range.

Not necessarily. Rocks can be heavy, but if they are the right shape and are thrown correctly, they can skip across water. It's all physics here. If the disk is the right shape, then with the right amount of force and motion, it can stay aloft for quite some time. Look at airplanes as another example. :P Those things weigh a lot, but with the right applications, can stay in the air for a long time. 

I'm guessing the disk launchers have some hand in this.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I wanna say the diameter is around 10" and that they have a thickness to them for mask crafting.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I wanna say the diameter is around 10" and that they have a thickness to them for mask crafting.

10 inches is really small. Then again, they are projectiles, and you'd want to have something small enough to fit through most spaces.

As a weapon/tool, ten inches sounds alright.

In comparison to the size of the Matoran/Turaga/Toa and their masks, that sounds a but small.

I don't know what to think, in that case.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Keep in mind that Matoran have to ride them somehow in Akilini. The set size is a lot more reasonable in that case.

That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that one. So, we know it has to be big enough to support a Matoran, but small enough to be maneuverable. As I said earlier, though, Matoran are fairly small (about 3-4 feet) so the disks wouldn't necessarily have to be huge.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Also note, for the subject of how easily Kanoka they can be thrown, that Bionicle characters have superhuman strength. If Toa can lift over a ton, Matoran should be able to throw a pizza-sized piece of Protodermis a fair distance, right?

Come to think of it, how heavy is purified Protodermis? It can't be too heavy if a magnet can hold a Kanohi onto someone's face.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Also note, for the subject of how easily Kanoka they can be thrown, that Bionicle characters have superhuman strength. If Toa can lift over a ton, Matoran should be able to throw a pizza-sized piece of Protodermis a fair distance, right?

Come to think of it, how heavy is purified Protodermis? It can't be too heavy if a magnet can hold a Kanohi onto someone's face.

Also of note that they use disk launchers. I think of it like this--a gun can give more speed and force to a bullet than my throwing arm.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It can't be too heavy if a magnet can hold a Kanohi onto someone's face.

Magnets can be very strong, & considering how durable Matoran/Toa/Turaga generally are... I think there is a really big range for how much it could be either way...

My guess? i100 where 1 is equal to the weight of the amount of water which would take up the same amount of space as a Kanoka under the 'normal' conditions at sea level around the Island of Mata Nui... ;]

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Iblis, why do you post so small that I can't read it without enabling Magnifier?

The widespread use of Disc Launchers implies that a Kanoka can be thrown further and harder than by hand. If we judge by the way Matoran threw the Bamboo Discs on Mata Nui, a launched disc might be very similar in force to a gunshot, except spread for less of an overall impact.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...