Jaller and Gukko! BBC CONTEST #69 ENTRY

McNugget

I'll probably consider voting for this! It' a nice twist on the Gukko design, making it all dragon-esque. 

If I could give any suggestions, I'd probably start with giving the model less open ball joints, that would give it a more completed look. I'd also try giving the upper wings some green armor to balance it out a bit. 

Other than that, this is a good entry. It's not too complex, but it still has a unique feel. 

bZpOwEr

The Gukko is amazing, but I personally think that it could have been done with more armour.

As for Jaller, I'm not very impressed. Yes, 2015 villagers are very generic, but I feel that Jaller could have been done better with some smart armour placement. Still a very nice job though!

Check out my BBC #69 Entry - Mata Nui!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17313-bbc-69-entry-mata-nui/

It's a shame there isn't yellow or keetorange masks for the Protectors because that would have helped Jaller's relatability significantly. I really like the simplified Protector designs for both characters but it doesn't really show their character, and the use of really common masks doesn't help that. Takua, however, has similar colour distribution (which was unique to begin with) so I can immediately tell who that is supposed to be. Jaller, not so much.

Pretty awesome reimagining of Guuko, never would have considered a dragon! It's a really simple design, but effective in showing what kind of creature it is. The head is a cool use of the head/mask and the wings are really interesting as well. It's a little small compared to the original Guuko, but regardless I like what you did.

Great job!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Im sorry about jaller, I would have used a golden hau, but I realized, "oh yeah, its supposed to be Bonkle-2015-esque", and I dont have a full yellow or gold protector mask...

And I didnt have enough keet-orange to go around... any bigger or bulkier, he wouldn't fit on the dragon!

Whereas Gukko, I felt I should have used the gearbox from lewa for somthing, then I put some pins in it, created a saddle like thing, and put on a torso on bottom, a neck, all in unique places, until... Gukko dragon!

Please vote Jaller And Gukko!

Oh and I got inspiration for the dragons head from Nescent's Wildlife of Okoto

Edited by Dragon11603