The Shadowed One (#BBC 69)

Takanuinuva

Felt like entering the contest and wanted to build something no one else had done yet. So here is The Shadowed One. Is 98% CCBS and Technic with only the Bohrok tooth, Rhotuka launcher and Vahki hip  being the only old Bionicle pieces.

Bit of a re-imagining with a smaller tail and a gear function.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/ccbs_the_shadow_one_001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/ccbs_the_shadow_one_002.jpg

• Upvote 3

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

His proportions seem kind of off, with his giant hands which would seem to dangle below his knees. His torso seems fairly busy, though I guess the original shadowed one also had this. I do like his staff and head design. His tail seems like a good concept, but i feel like what made TSO really special was his 3rd leg. Still a good moc, though.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

You've made a very similar MOC to the one I'm entering. I shall not look at it any further (until I post mine that is) but from a very brief glance at it, I would say it looks good. Best of luck!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Nice! Looks a little less titanic and menacing as the original TSO but still a really solid effort in recreating him. Colour blocking is true to the original, as is the shape and stature. Interesting torso and foot design. I also dig the change of the third leg into a tail. Addition of a G2-like feature is a nice touch. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Nice entry, not sure why he is missing a leg though, that was a pretty iconic aspect of his set form... He looks a little short too, I think it's the legs that do it. Solid effort though and best of luck in the voting :)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

He looks pretty accurate to the original, and he looks pretty cool. Also, where are those axe pieces from?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

One of the best entries yet! I love this creation the shapes, colour and how it instantly looks like the Shadow One but newer.

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Nice entry, not sure why he is missing a leg though, that was a pretty iconic aspect of his set form... He looks a little short too, I think it's the legs that do it. Solid effort though and best of luck in the voting :)

His proportions seem kind of off, with his giant hands which would seem to dangle below his knees. His torso seems fairly busy, though I guess the original shadowed one also had this. I do like his staff and head design. His tail seems like a good concept, but i feel like what made TSO really special was his 3rd leg. Still a good moc, though.

Wasn't it always a tail? I always saw him as a highly armored black lizard man with yellow stripes/dots and immense power.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Wasn't it always a tail? I always saw him as a highly armored black lizard man with yellow stripes/dots and immense power.

Looked at some pics earlier and it's a bit wierd. The third 'appendage' is clearly supporting his weights as his torso is located between all three like a tripod. The third 'foot' IS different though which is strange. Of course TSO WAS a combiner... Those sets did have odd colour schemes sometimes. Maybe they couldn't make three identical feet and so compromised?

Either way I think it was always a 'load bearing limb'! Perhaps he could walk without it but used it when at rest or running/jumping or something like that? This question deswrves it's own topic I think :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Looked at some pics earlier and it's a bit wierd. The third 'appendage' is clearly supporting his weights as his torso is located between all three like a tripod. The third 'foot' IS different though which is strange. Of course TSO WAS a combiner... Those sets did have odd colour schemes sometimes. Maybe they couldn't make three identical feet and so compromised?

Either way I think it was always a 'load bearing limb'! Perhaps he could walk without it but used it when at rest or running/jumping or something like that? This question deswrves it's own topic I think :D

I think the tail was made like that to support the set with the pieces given; as you said, it is a combiner set. Had he had his own set, I am sure it would clearly be a tail. If not... then how would he be able to comfortably sit on his thrown back on Odina while being able to get up and down with ease?

You are correct, this might warrant it's own topic if we can't settle this here. :P

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light