Maybe I'm just over analyzing...

Look at this: http://i.imgur.com/XTAkm5N.jpg

In the red circular area, there are lines and form what look to be like squares. Could this be where the temple where the Mask of Creation is kept, or something else?

Edited by Forgeta

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Well seeing as how it is in the land of water it is possible that it is the water village. Though with the clouds obstructing the view of the selected location this is speculation on my part..

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well seeing as how it is in the land of water it is possible that it is the water village. Though with the clouds obstructing the view of the selected location this is speculation on my part..

Though if you look at the Region of Water Photos, the village looks as if it's underwater.

|

true, but that I relative to the perspective as to how you are viewing it. I suspect with the lack of industrial pollution the water is quite clear. Thus you could see it from above. Even though it is under water, by however much.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oceans are not opaque from pollution. There is algae and fish and all kinds of minerals and junk floating around in it. Underwater stuff could not be soon from that view unless it was continent-level huge.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

true, but that I relative to the perspective as to how you are viewing it. I suspect with the lack of industrial pollution the water is quite clear. Thus you could see it from above. Even though it is under water, by however much.

True

|

Oceans are not opaque from pollution. There is algae and fish and all kinds of minerals and junk floating around in it. Underwater stuff could not be soon from that view unless it was continent-level huge.

well seeing as how we are looking at an island of yet unknown size I don't think whatever we are seeing is continent sized. Though need I direct you to the Great wall? Supposedly it can be seen clearly from space. This is hardly such a distance. Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Well, the southern tip, in the Region of Jungle, is also slightly obscured by clouds. So equally likely something could be hidden there.

It is a little fishy, I guess. But keep in mind also that anything not seriously massive isn't going to be visible on this map - the ancient city can barely be discerned. An important building, shrine, or even village wouldn't even need cloud cover to be hidden from view; it would just be so insignificant compared to such a large landmass that at this scale it would be indistinguishably small. There could just as easily be important things anywhere there isn't cloud cover and we wouldn't see them.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

This is true based on the logic of size in relation to outside objects. If the village is just say 10 meters in size verses the island that is 10,000 you likely will not see much of it on the map. If at all. That being said I suspect that whatever that is it must be quite large since it is as clear as any of the rivers or mountain structures.

Onua.png

I think it's actually part of the texturing for the clouds. You can see similar lines in the cloud south of Okoto, along with other weird details. It's probably nothing unless you can tell me why that cloud looks like it's surrounded by shards of glass.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Okoto from the cartoons for reference:
Video_Okoto_Disaster_2.png

note the area under the cloud in the CGI render is a darker, hilly area in the animation version. This dark is also used for the islands.

Do I think there's ruins or something in there? Well, I don't deny it, we'll see. :3
As for the white lines, I'd chalk it up to whitecaps and such, since the water around there is much shallower. The curvy light section is definitely a beach.

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

A. The Great Wall is bot underwater and

B. That is completely urban legend, not a single picture of it visible from space exists.

Fair enough. Though like most urban legends there are in fact images out there. The thing about the Great wall is that after a certain height it would be hard to tell it from any other natural land formation. As would be expected with something even of its size. Like looking for a single strand of hair on a carpet, you can see it, but you don't know that's what it is until you zoom in(get closer).

I think it's actually part of the texturing for the clouds. You can see similar lines in the cloud south of Okoto, along with other weird details. It's probably nothing unless you can tell me why that cloud looks like it's surrounded by shards of glass.

I honestly could not tell you in truth. I looked over the original image and I see them lines as well as what could even be a submerged structure. The dark shaded area near the region of jungle appears to be a shadow cast from the overlaying clouds. This does no explain the Geometric shape seen in the same area. Stray lines could be cast aside as waves breaking or even cloud trails, bit geometric shapes usually are not made naturally. They look a little too uniform if you get my drift. 

Okoto from the cartoons for reference:

Video_Okoto_Disaster_2.png

note the area under the cloud in the CGI render is a darker, hilly area in the animation version. This dark is also used for the islands.

Do I think there's ruins or something in there? Well, I don't deny it, we'll see. :3

As for the white lines, I'd chalk it up to whitecaps and such, since the water around there is much shallower. The curvy light section is definitely a beach.

Are we still talking about the jungle region or did you move back to the water one? I guess I should not point out that this image is a bit less detailed than that of the Opening post. That being said we definitely would not be seeing any Protector made structures unless they were extremely huge or important. The white structures in the water I can agree are waves or water currents(White caps you called them?). As there doesn't seem to be any cloud cover it could be said the darker shades of water are a deeper part of the ocean as a whole. In the original image there is another of these break lines just off the North-West coast of the Stone/Earth region divide. It is flying(floating) solo so leads further credit that this one is more of a wave break or wisp of a cloud.

So I guess we can say that there are at least two possible underwater structures that could have been built by the Protectors. Seems logical that the one south of the island could not be the water village since it is more the region of Jungle. So if by chance we actually are getting signs of a settlement in the Water region why could it not be the actual village? I mean it is thought that it is under water right?

Though this brings up an interesting question... If the Village is under water then how do the other types of villagers visit if they wanted to or the need arose? I mean either this Gen's character don't breath and need oxygen; or there must be means of existing there. Are the Water villager's gilled or does their mask allow for water breathing? I mean in Gen1 the village was floating above the water so any of the others could visit. This time it is not though? Interesting to think about yes?

Onua.png

Yes, I think you're overanalyzing. Look at the edge of the cloud at the very bottom of the map. It's not as pronounced as in the area you're referring to, but on the edge of that cloud there are a few similar "streaks". And a different sort of "artifact" appears in the south-central area of the Region of Fire—note the more lightly-colored rectangular area. Suffice to say that the map artwork is far from flawless, and trying to read any hidden meaning into small imperfections is probably ill-advised.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes, I think you're overanalyzing. Look at the edge of the cloud at the very bottom of the map. It's not as pronounced as in the area you're referring to, but on the edge of that cloud there are a few similar "streaks". And a different sort of "artifact" appears in the south-central area of the Region of Fire—note the more lightly-colored rectangular area. Suffice to say that the map artwork is far from flawless, and trying to read any hidden meaning into small imperfections is probably ill-advised.

Thanks for not lying to me. XD

|

Well, regarding the location of the masks. Each of the three masks follows a cultural theme that matches two of the elements. The mask of shadow is regarding medieval Gothic. So would be located between the areas for Earth and Fire.

The mask of creation, however, is more tribal. Regarding ancient Incan society. So as such it is most likely between the areas of Jungle and Water.

Whether the clouds are intentionally obscuring potential locations is most unlikely. Though I think it more so is used to cover locations to be later seen in a future add-on.

• Upvote 1