Not Using Powers To Full Potential?

Toa Zaz

I, mean, are Toa really using their powers to their full potential? Remember Avatar: The Last Airbender? They do some really cool stuff there. And usually, we jus see Toa throw a fireball or two. Why don't they just really USE their powers?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Eh. I don't know. As a fellow Avatar fan, I can sorta see where you're coming from, but I think you might be overlooking a thing or two. Have you read the 01-03 comics? I find the earlier stuff has some more obvious creative usage of their powers. Scenes like the big battle in Triumph of the Toa anddd the Ambush at Tiro Canyon in To Trap a Tahnok are pretty cool examples of them using their powers in tandem to maximum effect. *Shrug* Oh, and there's also this serial chapter. :P

exo-toa_battle.jpg

There was also a really cool scene in BIONICLE Adventures #7, where Vakama absorbs all the heat in a room to freeze a being made of fire, then releasing it all in a large burst of fire to kill it. I've always thought that scene was a good example of full power usage.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, the comics, books, and serials are all very short, so GregF can't really show all the cool moves that Toa can do. That's not to say they don't include any cool moves. Sumiki just gave one for a book. In the recent serials, Pohatu destroyed the Dark Hunter Fortress on Odina using a delayed elemental blast.

jlovfkk.jpg

I think Toa have to balance the full potential of their abilities with the Toa code. There's a lot they can do, but some methods are less lethal. Also habit plays it's part, if they've made fireballs before, and they're under attack, it's easier to blast fireballs back, rather than analysing the situation and coming up with something extremely efficient and awesome to take down their enemy.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

They don't want to kill their opponent, otherwise, Takanuva could have lasered a hole in Terry in MOL and incinerated his energies and killed him. He CAN do that, he even threatened to do so and almost did in 2008, remember?

Edited by Chaos Makuta: Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Not to mention that they need to reserve their powers for battles later on. But I do agree that they seem to use less and less of their elemental powers in creative ways as the story progress. I mean, it is understandable that if the Toa had little control over their elemental energies when they were just rookies and therefore nelegected to use them, but then why didn't they use and practice more when they became more experienced in combat? And this doesn't only apply to elemental powers but also mask powers and other abilities.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I do believe they never really used their powers, but as Podu and The 1st Shadow said, smaller elemental tricks and attacks can conserve elemental energy and power.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Well...1. Elemental power needs recharging, which is why Nova blasts aren't used constantly. If they used the full extent of their powers, it'd take a long time to recharge, and they'd have wasted a lot of energy on just one small thing (e.g.: defeating one enemy).2. It's not always required to use a lot of power when a little bit would do. In Avatar, for example, do you ever see a tsunami used to take out 2 Fire Nation guards? No, because all they need is a simple water whip to take them out. 3. Toa, I'm assuming, can get pretty famous. If they're going to be pretty well known by both friends and enemies alike, they wouldn't want to go around showing off everything they can do.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*