How Tall Is A Matoran?

A quick check on BIONICLESector01 reveals that there is no official Matoran height. Given that Matoran have varied in height, both in sets and in story, this is logical.However, personally, I have always thought of Matoran as being roughly one Bio. This would make sense considering that Matoran are the most populous of the Matoran-Toa-Turaga species, and, like the foot in real life was named after the average person's foot, one Bio would make sense as an average Matoran height.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

well i always thought they would be about 4 foot and i really would like to know how tall a turaga would be since they are taller than turaga. also i wonder if all turaga have the same body design.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

3 ) Am I right to assume that a Matoran is about one bio tall? Calculating based on the known heights of Toa (around 7.2 feet/1.6 bio) and the height I think you once revealed somewhere for normal Matoran (four-foot-something) seems to comply with that measurement.

3) Makes sense
  • Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

I always would consider them to be about five and a half feet tall, a similar height to that of a child or teenager. But seven feet tall for a Toa? That doesn't seem very realistic. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I think the roughly 7 feet tall statistic for Toa came from way back during Mask of Light. I recall them saying in the commentary that they asked someone on the story team how tall they were so they knew how big to make them in comparison to trees and stuff around them.But 5 feet tall for a Matoran? Good Lord, most of them seemed to barely reach a Toa's hip at their tallest, Av-Matoran the exception. I'd guesstimate them to be between 3½ - 4½ feet tall, depending on where they're from. 5 feet seems pretty tall.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I imagine them to be about five feet tall.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

A quick check on BIONICLESector01 reveals that there is no official Matoran height. Given that Matoran have varied in height, both in sets and in story, this is logical.However, personally, I have always thought of Matoran as being roughly one Bio. This would make sense considering that Matoran are the most populous of the Matoran-Toa-Turaga species, and, like the foot in real life was named after the average person's foot, one Bio would make sense as an average Matoran height.

Sounds quite logical, I'd go with that. I never really think baout their heights, due to the variety in height between sets, for example the Toa Inika are ridiculously tall compared to the original Toa, and yet really both as entirely normal Toa I would think they'd be the same. I tend to imagine the Metru-Nui Matoran and Toa as the standard height, as the inika could be different height for Toa due the unusual way they were made, and the Mata were the original Toa, became ultrapowerful and are just different. The Metru, Hagah, and Lhikan all came about in the normal way for Toa so that's my guideline height there. A metru Toa is 1.6 Bio, so I'd say a metruan's height proportional to that.Bit long winded, repetitive, but oh well...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

In the story, all Toa are about the same height. Sets have nothing to do with it. But in any case, Toa are all around 7 feet tall, and I've always pictured Matoran as being half that size, with the exception being the Voyatoran, who were rebuilt into smaller, weaker forms.t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

I always would consider them to be about five and a half feet tall, a similar height to that of a child or teenager. But seven feet tall for a Toa? That doesn't seem very realistic. =/

>alien bio mechanical beings designed by alien creators based on another alien race>realisticIsn't that sort of the whole point? They're an alien race, right? Just because they'd be out of proportion to us humans doesn't mean that that's altogether unrealistic. I've always thought that they were based off the Agori/Glatorian template myself, sort of like how most androids are based around a human height and proportion.I agree with the men/hobbits/dwarves sentiment, that seems about right to me. Edited by Kahi

I've always thought the matoran would be about 3 feet to 4 feet tall. I lean more towards the three feet because if you think about it a turaga is taller than a matoran.Since this topic revolves around the height of actual characters i decided i would watch the first movie to see if there is a part that would show a good comparison of height and i found this one who shows both a matoran's and a turaga's height compared to a toa.all_height.jpgNow if you notice there is at least a foot difference from a turaga and toa and maybe a foot and a half between a matoran and a turaga.So with this i hope it helps the discussion.if any body is wondering how i got this picture i watched the dvd on my laptop and when i saw the scene i opened a handy little tool called snipping and tadai'm so glad i have a laptop now my very first laptop.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

From the nifty picture that Chi Keeper Cho Voxumo-Chan (you have one LONG name) posted, it can be roughly eyeballed that:A Toa is 1.6 bio (7 feet)A TURAGA is 1 bio (4.375 feet)A Matoran is .8 bio (3.5 feet)In this case the biology determines society theory that Sumiki brought up would still apply, but to Turaga, not Matoran. This would make sense considering Turaga are the "wise men" of the village, and would probably determine the measurement system.There ya go.

From the nifty picture that Chi Keeper Cho Voxumo-Chan (you have one LONG name) posted, it can be roughly eyeballed that:A Toa is 1.6 bio (7 feet)A TURAGA is 1 bio (4.375 feet)A Matoran is .8 bio (3.5 feet)In this case the biology determines society theory that Sumiki brought up would still apply, but to Turaga, not Matoran. This would make sense considering Turaga are the "wise men" of the village, and would probably determine the measurement system.There ya go.

well i'm glad that picture helped out I thought it would help having a actual picture so that we could picture it better in our minds. and i know it is kinda of long and i'm currently debating what i should change my display name to. and by the way you can just call me voxumo.May i also suggest that we make the turaga's height a even number let's say 4.5 feet so that people don't have to calculate how many inches is 0.375. I know i have difficulty with that and if it were 4.5 feet we would know that 5 would represent half a foot or 6 inches.besides that i think the height is good

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

>alien bio mechanical beings designed by alien creators based on another alien race>realisticIsn't that sort of the whole point? They're an alien race, right? Just because they'd be out of proportion to us humans doesn't mean that that's altogether unrealistic. I've always thought that they were based off the Agori/Glatorian template myself, sort of like how most androids are based around a human height and proportion.I agree with the men/hobbits/dwarves sentiment, that seems about right to me.
>Greentexting>On a forum>Not at least making the text greenNitpicking aside, I agree. I usually imagine matoran to be around the height of my younger brother, or around four and a half-feet.

helo frens