SSKK and WMKK, how many are left inside sealed canisters?

BMM95

Anybody know how many SSKK AND WMKK are left? and if so, is there a chance of finding one or more in sealed canisters on eBay or other sites that sell unopened BOHROK KAL canisters? Also would like your experiences of finding them when they first started the power of sterling silver hunt, if you happened to find one back then

I would avoid buying bohrak kal on ebay for the express purpose of getting lucky and finding an SSKK or WMKK for the same reason I would advice participation in the lottery...Yeah, there's guarenteed to be a handful out there that would net you an SSKK or WMKK, but in reality it's incredibly unlikely that you will find it.

As a community, we should figure out how to put together a registry for the WMKK and SSKK in the world...

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I would avoid buying bohrak kal on ebay for the express purpose of getting lucky and finding an SSKK or WMKK for the same reason I would advice participation in the lottery...Yeah, there's guarenteed to be a handful out there that would net you an SSKK or WMKK, but in reality it's incredibly unlikely that you will find it.

As a community, we should figure out how to put together a registry for the WMKK and SSKK in the world...

Who knows, sometimes you need to believe in fate, dreams do become reality, it's just it needs you to make it happen. Also it's about da** time they made a tally sheet of all the SSKK and WMKK that have been found

Edited by BMM95
  • Upvote 1

BZP had one going a while back, but it's probably long out of date at this point. I'd be interested in seeing some of these tracked down. Would require a fair bit of eBay searching, more than likely.

(not discounting how many were thrown away for whatever reason; it had to have happened at least once)

BZP had one going a while back, but it's probably long out of date at this point. I'd be interested in seeing some of these tracked down. Would require a fair bit of eBay searching, more than likely.

(not discounting how many were thrown away for whatever reason; it had to have happened at least once)

Ones were thrown away, ones are kept in undoctumented toy chests, ones are kept by people who have no idea it's special...I remember hearing a story from a BZPer who found one in a gutter on the side of the road.

Still, i'm gonna guess we could track down and keep tabs on 20%-30% if we were to put our minds and resources to it. an SSKK and WMKK are two of the most valuable items in our community, we should make an effort to keep track...

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Ones were thrown away, ones are kept in undoctumented toy chests, ones are kept by people who have no idea it's special...I remember hearing a story from a BZPer who found one in a gutter on the side of the road.

And that is the problem with the whole promotion angle. It's a cool incentive but some people don't understand the value of the item... and you get tragic stories like this.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I would keep one safe inside its velvet bag, only take it out for YouTube videos or to behold it's insurmountable beauty

We have to keep believing in finding them no matter how impossible the odds are of finding them still inside sealed canisters

Edited by GSR

We have to keep believing in finding them no matter how impossible the odds are of finding them still inside sealed canisters

Unless you WANT a massive army of leftover Bohrok Kal... that kind of plan seems highly wasteful.

You're basically gambling away your money when the odds of winning are lower than they were even when the promotion was ongoing, and the cost is substantially higher.

Also, keep in mind that the Bohrok Kal canisters were transparent. Any seller worth their salt has already inspected their entire stock carefully to see if they contain the bag with the special Krana. And if they find any, those aren't going to be sold as-is—they'll get more for opening it and selling the mask and set separately.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

And that is the problem with the whole promotion angle. It's a cool incentive but some people don't understand the value of the item... and you get tragic stories like this.

-NotS

Yup, that was me. Actually a friend of mine found it and traded it to me. And I would partially disagree with your assessment of it being tragic, NotS; after all, now I've got a WMKK. :P Aside from that, the original owner may very well have known its value, but accidents like holes in pockets do happen.

Anyways - it's easy to estimate the number of sealed Bohrok-Kal sets that still have metal Krana in them, but it requires three numbers that none of us have: Kal sets distributed to North America (the only place where the promotion happened), the percentage of people who leave sets sealed after buying them (a very rough estimate by itself, not to mention very small), and the percentage of Kal sets that had metal Krana in them to begin with (5072 divided by the first number - again, very small). Multiply those three numbers together, and you have your estimate. 

Unfortunately, the fact that people were actively searching for sets with metal Krana, and not just buying them randomly, means that the estimate found with the above procedure is an overestimate. It assumes that people were only buying Kal sets randomly, which they weren't. Then there's the point that Lyichir brought up - that most people who still have sealed Kal sets have already inspected their stock.

So, to answer your first question, yes, there's a chance. But it's minuscule. You would likely end up spending thousands of dollars or more, only to be met with disappointment every time. As for believing in your goal no matter the odds, that mindset might make you more determined, but ultimately won't help. If your ultimate goal is to own a WMKK, you would be much better off buying one; there was one for sale in B/S/T a few days ago (it's gone now, but the point is they show up for sale regularly). It's not as much fun as finding one in a sealed set, but sadly the latter is virtually impossible.

And as for SSKK specifically - forget about it. :P

-L

Edited by Letagi
  • Upvote 5

I guess your right, BUUT I beg to differ, I don't know how many WMKK are left so it's worth trying, also what happened to the remaining SSKK? It's still worth a chance!!!!! Now I know I probably have a snowballs chance in he**, but hey its worth trying, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually find one

Also this may sound stupid and it may as well be but what if I use a metal detector? Since both the SSKK AND WMKK are made of a certain metal, a metal detector could easily detect the metal or silver krana inside a canister, since nothing inside the canister could possibly disrupt the metallic or silver output of that said Krana, therefore the metal detector would detect it, leaving you with only one choice left opening the canister and finding out

-NotS

Yup, that was me. Actually a friend of mine found it and traded it to me. And I would partially disagree with your assessment of it being tragic, NotS; after all, now I've got a WMKK. :P Aside from that, the original owner may very well have known its value, but accidents like holes in pockets do happen.

Anyways - it's easy to estimate the number of sealed Bohrok-Kal sets that still have metal Krana in them, but it requires three numbers that none of us have: Kal sets distributed to North America (the only place where the promotion happened), the percentage of people who leave sets sealed after buying them (a very rough estimate by itself, not to mention very small), and the percentage of Kal sets that had metal Krana in them to begin with (5072 divided by the first number - again, very small). Multiply those three numbers together, and you have your estimate. 

Unfortunately, the fact that people were actively searching for sets with metal Krana, and not just buying them randomly, means that the estimate found with the above procedure is an overestimate. It assumes that people were only buying Kal sets randomly, which they weren't. Then there's the point that Lyichir brought up - that most people who still have sealed Kal sets have already inspected their stock.

So, to answer your first question, yes, there's a chance. But it's minuscule. You would likely end up spending thousands of dollars or more, only to be met with disappointment every time. As for believing in your goal no matter the odds, that mindset might make you more determined, but ultimately won't help. If your ultimate goal is to own a WMKK, you would be much better off buying one; there was one for sale in B/S/T a few days ago (it's gone now, but the point is they show up for sale regularly). It's not as much fun as finding one in a sealed set, but sadly the latter is virtually impossible.

And as for SSKK specifically - forget about it. :P

-L

If they inspected their stock they would have already taken out the krana for themselves but if one would want to sell one with a SSKK or WMKK inside still sealed they would probably sell it for a high price, so there is still a chance of finding one

Edited by BMM95

Nope, they're just polished until they're very shiny, they're not actually metallic, what made you think they're forged out of real metal?

Sterling SILVER And White METAL that means they are made of METAL or SILVER!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO I AM SO AWESOME Edited by BMM95

I guess your right, BUUT I beg to differ, I don't know how many WMKK are left so it's worth trying, also what happened to the remaining SSKK? It's still worth a chance!!!!! Now I know I probably have a snowballs chance in he**, but hey its worth trying, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually find one

Also this may sound stupid and it may as well be but what if I use a metal detector? Since both the SSKK AND WMKK are made of a certain metal, a metal detector could easily detect the metal or silver krana inside a canister, since nothing inside the canister could possibly disrupt the metallic or silver output of that said Krana, therefore the metal detector would detect it, leaving you with only one choice left opening the canister and finding out

If they inspected their stock they would have already taken out the krana for themselves but if one would want to sell one with a SSKK or WMKK inside still sealed they would probably sell it for a high price, so there is still a chance of finding one

My point about the SSKK was that there were so few to begin with (72) that the chances of finding one now would be practically zero. 1.44% that of your chances of finding a WMKK, which is already incredibly unlikely.

A metal detector would work to verify the presence of a metal Krana, yes. Flintsmith used one back in the day when toy store shelves were stacked with Kal sets, and I believe he found at least one. It wouldn't increase your chances of finding one in the first place, but it would mean that you wouldn't have to open the set once you bought it; you could resell it. So I take back what I said about this endeavor costing thousands of dollars; if you play it right, it might not end up costing you a penny (just lots of time and effort :P)

Regarding your last point, a high price for a sealed Kal set isn't an indication that there's a metal Krana inside. There are lots of sellers who price their items at way higher than what's reasonable, hoping to take advantage of buyers who either don't know any better or who have tons of money and don't care.

-Letagi