Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

bought Spiritual Migration by Persefone. it's one of Amazon's current batch of $3.99 digital albums and the gorgeous Travis Smith cover art caught my eye, but I was hesitant after seeing a couple reviews and because that style of flashy technical death metal usually isn't my thing. I checked out a few songs on YouTube though, and surprisingly enjoyed them quite a bit, definitely enough to feel that it was worth the four bucks.

Ordered Like Gods Of The Sun and The Dreadful Hours both by My Dying Bride, as well as finishing off my Megadeth collection with The System Has Failed. Then I found the last Alan Parsons Project album I needed, Tales Of Mystery And Imagination, at a used book store.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Asia - Alpha (Cassette)

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

Peter Gabriel - So

Jerry Goldsmith - Star Trek: Insurrection Soundtrack

Saga - Images At Twilight (Vinyl)

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark

Kansas - Leftoverture (Vinyl)

ABBA - Voulez-Vous (Vinyl)

Slayer - World Painted Blood 

Journey - Frontiers (Vinyl)

Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache

Prism - Young And Restless (Vinyl)

Leonard Bernstein - Holst: The Planets (Vinyl)

Yes - Relayer

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

• 2 weeks later...

bought the deluxe edition of Dark Roots of Earth by Testament

also bought the two new Weezer singles, "Thank God for Girls" and "Do You Wanna Get High?", and ordered the deluxe edition of their 2008 self-titled album

I also planned on saying that I had signed up for the Weezer fan club, but then I saw the $10 shipping fee on top of the already almost-outside-my-budget $35 base cost. maybe some other time.

bought myself a new bass finally! Cost me about $840 with tax and all, and I'm gonna need to spend another $50 on getting some minor things tweaked, but I love it very much. I have named it Cassandra and today was its first trial after I cleaned it and re-strung it, and it sounded at least 5x better than either of my other two basses. Happy days!

12241252_10206834156126342_7323637255147

• Upvote 3

E8c8QpP.jpg

Was able to snag a copy of Mechanize by Fear Factory on vinyl (for under $8!).

oooh thats good stuff dawg facebook_like_button_hand.jpg

bought Jar by Superheaven and Feel the Misery by My Dying Bride

hey scythey i see youre getting into superheaven lately so i was like "scythey likes cool things" so listened to some songs off of ours is chrome but they were all kinda samey, does it take multiple listens to get into? like ive gotten into several bands i thought were samey initially and only appreciated them after a few good listens, have you found that thats the case with superheaven at all?

only in dreams.

hey scythey i see youre getting into superheaven lately so i was like "scythey likes cool things" so listened to some songs off of ours is chrome but they were all kinda samey, does it take multiple listens to get into? like ive gotten into several bands i thought were samey initially and only appreciated them after a few good listens, have you found that thats the case with superheaven at all?

I definitely came to enjoy Ours Is Chrome more than I did initally after a few listens, yeah. that being said, that album overall is a bit weaker and sameier than its predecessor, Jar, which I'd recommend more strongly.

there's more variation to that one and it's a bit faster and catchier than Ours Is Chrome. that album has some strong songs for sure, but it starts to blur together after a while. Jar kind of does too, but not as soon and it still has some stronger cuts toward the end.

I definitely came to enjoy Ours Is Chrome more than I did initally after a few listens, yeah. that being said, that album overall is a bit weaker and sameier than its predecessor, Jar, which I'd recommend more strongly.

there's more variation to that one and it's a bit faster and catchier than Ours Is Chrome. that album has some strong songs for sure, but it starts to blur together after a while. Jar kind of does too, but not as soon and it still has some stronger cuts toward the end.

hey thanks, im pretty into Superheaven now. i like that whole grungey Failurey they got goin on without being a carbon copy, this is good stuff i just wish it werent so samey :/

only in dreams.

bought The King Is Fat'N'Old by Destrage

update: ordered Death of a Dead Day by Sikth

update 2: bought The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait for Something Wild by Sikth

update 3: bought the Opacities mini-album by Sikth

update 4: ordered Shangri-La Dee Da and the limited edition self-titled album by Stone Temple Pilots. RIP Scott Weiland.

update 5: bought Lost Forever // Lost Together by Architects, Contraband by Velvet Revolver, and A Great Artist by A Life Once Lost

update 6: bought the limited edition of Hollow Crown by Architects

Edited by Scythey
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought several classical recordings, including a ridiculous 4-hour SACD of Mendelssohn concerti. I guess single-layer SACDs are good for something...

The rest are a recording of Bach's B minor Mass, and two discs of Freddy Kempf playing works by Rachmaninoff, Ravel, and others.

Edited by -Windrider-

bought Solar Soul and ordered the reissue of Eternal, both by Samael.

update: bought Reign of Light by Samael, Purple by Baroness, and Daybreaker by Architects, and downloaded Art of Anarchy's self-titled which they released for free download in tribute to the late Scott Weiland

Edited by Scythey

• 3 weeks later...

got the star wars soundtrack. it's pretty great

E8c8QpP.jpg

ordered physical copies of Redeemer and Rise of a Digital Nation by Machinae Supremacy at long last, and also bought the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams soundtrack by Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy off of Steam

a friend also ordered a copy of Overworld by Machinae Supremacy for me, but turns out it's indefinitely backordered so I'll be waiting a while on that.

Edited by Scythey