Hero Factory Movie

Toa of Nerds

While there have been a few TV specials for Hero Factory, I haven't heard any talk about a HF movie. Are there any plans for an HF movie currently? Should there be an HF movie? What should the movie be like?-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

No, I haven't noticed any plans for a HF movie, mostly because HF has such a shallow story that it doesn't lend itself well to a movie plot.Should there be one? Not in the tradition of the TV series. They are going to have to go much deeper than that for a movie plot - even the much-criticized Bionicle movies have more depth than the HF series. Would I like to see that kind of depth in HF? Absolutely. Could it be done? Sure. If TLG is willing to make a movie with enough depth to make it, then yes. Otherwise, no. As for the rest of what the movie should be like, I have no idea. Probably some muti-level quaza meltdown where the Heroes have to come up with some massively important part or they all die. Something like that.

After seeing TLR, I don't think Lego should make any more movies.

Unless the writing is very good. And the characters don't make bad jokes all the time.
You know what, I seriously doubt that Lego can restrain itself from making bad jokes in any medium.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Unless the writing is very good. And the characters don't make bad jokes all the time.
You know what, I seriously doubt that Lego can restrain itself from making bad jokes in any medium.-don't touch my pocket protector
I'm not sure they did that with some of the Bionicle Legends books. Mostly dark and grim. I would contest that statement - most of the bad jokes were in the movies; at least, the most noticeable ones, and the books were mostly clear of them.

No, I haven't noticed any plans for a HF movie, mostly because HF has such a shallow story that it doesn't lend itself well to a movie plot.Should there be one? Not in the tradition of the TV series. They are going to have to go much deeper than that for a movie plot - even the much-criticized Bionicle movies have more depth than the HF series. Would I like to see that kind of depth in HF? Absolutely. Could it be done? Sure. If TLG is willing to make a movie with enough depth to make it, then yes. Otherwise, no.As for the rest of what the movie should be like, I have no idea. Probably some muti-level quaza meltdown where the Heroes have to come up with some massively important part or they all die. Something like that.

I don't think anything with the title "Hero Factory" can be taken very seriously, no matter how deep it is.

I'm not sure they did that with some of the Bionicle Legends books. Mostly dark and grim. I would contest that statement - most of the bad jokes were in the movies; at least, the most noticeable ones, and the books were mostly clear of them.
You're right; my mistake. Take "any medium" to mean TV shows or movies. I agree that the books were fairly clear of such cheese, and were actually my favorite part of the Bionicle story.-don't touch my pocket protector

joehalobanner.jpg

I think a dramatic and enjoyable movie for Hero Factory could be done. After all, the Rescue Heroes movie was pretty good, and that was an even more childish intellectual property. Then again, I was quite impressed with Rise of the Rookies, which a lot of people hated. I think if a HF movie stayed clear of the stupid jokes/banter of Savage Planet, told a more cohesive and complete story than RotR with its huge eleventh-hour plotholes, and paced itself better than Ordeal of Fire, it could be at least as good as the other merchandise-driven direct-to-DVD films that are common for children's toys.

As far as I know there is no movie plans. To be honest that's fine with me. :P I find it hard to imagine Lego making a good Hero Factory related movie if the Bionicle movies already took so much scorn. Plus, the general consensus seems to be "don't make a movie".Then again we're not exactly the intended audience for such a movie in the first place, so who knows.

silverbladebanner.jpg

You know, LEGO really could get away with a good bit of violence if they wanted to, and still have it rated TVY7. They can show death (no blood though), stabbing through one's head or other body parts as long as it's not a human-like character (so that can't happen to heroes), characters being torn apart (from the inside), and dead tissue being reformed.All of these things have been shown in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

What LEGO could get away with does not equate to what should be in a TV series. Personally, I prefer the Hero Factory story to be somewhat lighthearted, even if it doesn't need to be throwing corny jokes at us all the time. I don't think anything darker or edgier than the BIONICLE films would ever be necessary for Hero Factory or any other LEGO TV show.

What LEGO could get away with does not equate to what should be in a TV series. Personally, I prefer the Hero Factory story to be somewhat lighthearted, even if it doesn't need to be throwing corny jokes at us all the time. I don't think anything darker or edgier than the BIONICLE films would ever be necessary for Hero Factory or any other LEGO TV show.

Adding more violence surely wouldn't help. It would hurt Lego's image. Somebody could even sue if it gets too bad, and there are better ways to add story line complexity. I think the most important thing is to remove the cheese.

Adding more violence surely wouldn't help. It would hurt Lego's image. Somebody could even sue if it gets too bad, and there are better ways to add story line complexity. I think the most important thing is to remove the cheese.
Strongly agree with this.Violence isn't the only way to add complexity. But more importantly the humor and jokes need to be revised. Again though, if a movie was ever made we would not be the target of such a movie. Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

Wasn't there an announcement a while back that said there was a 1 hour long special of Hero Factory planned for 2012? Would that be considered a movie?

No. That's a TV special. A feature length movie is around 2 hours long and is either released to theaters or direct to DVD (like the Bionicle movies were).-don't touch my pocket protector

joehalobanner.jpg

If there were a movie, the story would have to be good.How about a breakout at Hero Factory prison? Von Nebula could return as some sort of fly-thing and be driven by pure hatred of Stormer and Furno.

Apart from the Von Nebula part (who doesn't seem to be returning any time soon), you basically summarized what looks to be the plot of next year's HF sets, and by extension, the TV episodes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If there were a movie, the story would have to be good.How about a breakout at Hero Factory prison? Von Nebula could return as some sort of fly-thing and be driven by pure hatred of Stormer and Furno.

Apart from the Von Nebula part (who doesn't seem to be returning any time soon), you basically summarized what looks to be the plot of next year's HF sets, and by extension, the TV episodes.
Woah, really? I'm that good of a writer? :P Where'd this info come from? Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Woah, really? I'm that good of a writer? :P Where'd this info come from?
Well, when the toys were on the Toys 'R' Us website (for a few days before getting taken down), the product summaries described each of the villains as escaped villains from the Hero Factory.

I haven't heard any plans - and besides, we have the TV series, if I'm not mistaken. We're better off with that than going in the direction the last Bionicle movie did. I'd say they should wait a while until the story has developed to a full-fledged storyline. Sure, it's getting pretty near that, since the toyline has been out for almost two years. But nonetheless, I'd say no, and if they want to try it, probably wait a little bit more. Leave the fans with the sets for now, and wait a little bit more before taking a step towards movies. The TV series is good enough.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...