The 2011 Christmas Advent Calendar

~kh

Deci: The panel transport was awesome. It did confuse me at first. Overall, it was a really funny comic.Zero: It was amazing what you did with the huge panels with everyone in it. You were able to get almost every comic maker and their characters in it, and still keep moving sprites in there to capture the right feel of the comic.Also, I think it's safe to say that Utah has made the most guest appearances. Lets Go Mountaineers!

Edited by WVUFan!

lol i not know how to astronaut

Deci: That first transition text was almost impossible to read, even though it looked awesome.Moments I liked best: You walking around aimlessly in the caverns, "Corpses!", 8 panels to the left (that was clever 4th wall breaking too), "Turtle, there you are.", Joland at the mall with a sword, Utah's tree story, and the fact that I have a new holiday not to celebrate. Nice work! Zero: YES! DANCE BREAK!And great use of our new moderator to sort that mess out. He did a good job of shutting up Kahi. I do believe you are the first person to use him in that capacity since the change, so props to you!J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

@Deci's: That was a cool. And funny. And cool. And funny. I especially liked the panel travel part. That was new and different.@Zero's: I FINALLY get to see what that was all about. And now I'm glad. The tuba tackle by Windrider was the best.

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

Been reading this everyday of December, and I'm only replying now. All of them are brilliant, although need being a comic forum regular, I don't get some of the jokes that are exclusive to that particular series. My favourite is Darcsydes comic at number 20, which made me laugh out loud, which annoyed my parents because they hate me laughing at stuff on the computer while they're watching TV. Good job all round though.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Wooooow, Bio. Just wooooooow.All the jokes made me laugh, and I picked up a few graphic ideas from it.Good thing these comics aren't canon, because Santa seems to have a rapid respawn rate. :PI liked the verse ref. at the end too ;3Keep it coming, guys.

Edited by Darcsyde

So many good things! I think every year in Bio's comics I'll be the Santa fanatic. I am okay with this. :DI think that may be the most we've seen Dinoman at one time in a comic.I guess you could call that part at the end of the comic with the "Cardboard box" a family tradition of mine. If myself or any of my brothers and sisters receive an unmarked box as a Christmas gift, we have to say, "Oh boy! A cardboard box! How did you know?!" So, anyway, that had a special place in my heart. :P

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

Takavai and Gerlicky are amazing. That's all that needs to be said.What, longer post? Ok I'll say more. They're pretty much the only active ICC members there are, aside from me and Kahi (and Gav, but his comics aren't in the ICCverse) and by golly gosh they deserve to have this universe as a playground. Just the most amazing things, guys. Keep it up!And you guys, too! All of you people who contributed to this. You did a good job, all of you! I wish you Happy Holidays - a Merry Christmas, and a happy Festivius for the rest of us.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

I'm just going to do a play-by-play.Gerlicky: I'm using your gift idea next year for a gift exchange.And you're licensed to carry a hammer? I want to get one!Worst Santa ever, you can see the mask over the other mask. And Makito mall cretin as an elf. I'm scared.Those kids were great, too. "GO DIE, CUTTER!" "GET THE CUTTER!" Wow, that doesn't have a double meaning. :PAnd over all, glass beware. Gerlicky has a voice and hammer. On second thought, Makito just scared me out of my mind when he killed that little girl.That was great all around. And I hit only half the times I laughed.Tavakai: When yours finally loaded, I realized it would be epic. You're actually going to finish that thing up. I made a fun song for the recap as I went. About half way in, I realized it wasn't supposed to be, but finished it anyway.Christmas Caroler Zombies! Oh, just zombies. Still, it's at this point where I'm guessing this is just a dream you're having.The only thing I missing is your Caroler character. No wait, there he is. Right after the Mexican Hero Factory thing gets zombiefied. NOW I CAN SING! And now to actually read those panel.And it's Igniter. This will end poorly. Really? As soon as he's not evil, he becomes a Piraka? I hope he never finds me.Beard drop. The reaction was priceless!And using Kahi in a Santa suit to help Grav stop being Santa through legal force: Priceless.And the ending, so called that. Still funny though.Only one more day left! So excited for tomorrow!J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

On second thought, Makito just scared me out of my mind when he killed that little girl.

That was a boy; he just wears a Kaukau.Anyway, I've seen my own comic before, so I'll try to review Tav's. Actually, I can knock it out in one sentence.That was probably the most epic Christmas special I've ever seen.

On second thought, Makito just scared me out of my mind when he killed that little girl.

That was a boy; he just wears a Kaukau.Anyway, I've seen my own comic before, so I'll try to review Tav's. Actually, I can knock it out in one sentence.That was probably the most epic Christmas special I've ever seen.
Oh. Actually, it was the fact that he was purple that made me think that. Plus, it seems more horrible if it's a girl for some reason.And look at you with your fancy single sentences. :PJ-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I enjoyed your Comic Tavakai! ^_^I noticed myself running from the zombie noobs. Who's going to be in 24? :???:

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Oh man, got a lot of comics to catch up on!#16 - WVUFan: Leave it to Rainbow Dash to turn a Matoran from bad to good. Then kill them from the adorableness. :P#17 - Justax-Kal: An excellent capture of all the standard tropes of a Christmas comic. Also, I really like the text.#18 - Emkay: DANCING PINKIE!!! Also, I think it speaks to your talent that so many people thought that was a real song you were parodying. :lol:#19 - Oneker: Please, it's not necessary to repeat the previous days for each one, even if that is how the song goes. Other than that though, loved it. ;)#20 - Darcsyde: There is so much epicness in that comic. You've got the Grinch, my favorite Disney song, and some awesome, awesome pictures. :biggrin:#21 - Deceimeter: Okay. That shifting panels gag was just brilliant. I tip my hat to you.#21 - Zero: Nice job getting everyone in!#22 - Biocryptid: There was some awesome comedy in that one - timing-wise, it's probably my favorite, just for the occasional bout of randomness and funny imagery.#23 - Tavakai: Holy Jiminy Christmas Tav, that was one long, long, long comic. But I guess it would be, as you managed to rope an earlier Christmas comic and a Halloween comic into it. That is an impressive feat. :lol:#23 - Gerlicky: For pure comedy, that comic had to be my favorite so far! There was an awful lot of glass breaking, wasn't there? Plus, Makito's right Gerlicky. You will shoot your eye out.I'm in London at the moment, and we're just a couple hours away from Christmas now. Here's to a merry Christmas, and looking forward to seeing who wraps this thing up!

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Time to review what I have missed on!Biocryptid: Awesome comic, the effects were great and Santa now runs a car building company.Tavaki: That was hilarious, I especially liked "Hey, wasn't Grav zombified?", "Oh yeah...Caaaaannnnnddddyyyyy".Gerlicky: Great comic, you proved graphics aren't everything with extra doses of hilarity. "Sorry this present was not a winner", was my favorite part.

If only you had known what horrible retribution your comment would rain down upon you.

@Darc: LOL. Just Lol. You fit so much yet so little into that comic and it actually looked great.I really enjoyed this comic, it had some pretty nice stream-lined humor.@Decei: Not that Christmasy, but still an alright comic. I especially liked the panel shift. That was pretty clever. XP@Zero: I enjoyed reading this out-loud to myself. (Especially the Deadmau5 parts) :PNice comic!@Bio: Pretty good comic you have here. Honestly, it doesn't live up to the hype you built up for it,but I will say this was a great comic. The jokes fit in perfectly and got me a few chuckles here and there.@Tav: WOW. Alright Tav, that was an amazing comic. Very long, but very enjoyable.I loved all of the cameos, and the situational humor was LOL-worthy and kept me laughing for a bit.The ending was just perfect. Again, amazing comic, Tav.@Gerlicky: Interesting comic. I liked Makito's part. XP I mostly like how this comic was pretty simple, no flashy effects or anything.It's a nice and distinct style that I haven't seen in a while. Great comic.I've been pretty impressed so far! Great job to all of you!-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

So yeah, Advent Calendar. Yesterday's comics didn't go up because I was waiting on a certain someone to finish their comic... :PIn a few minutes, I'll release the comics for yesterday, and then in a couple hours I'll release the comics for today. Sorry about that and all. Man, organizing this thing was a lot harder than I thought it'd be =PAnyhow, I loved both those comics, Gurk and Tav. The comedic timing, the use of characters and resources, and all that. That stinger at the end was hilarious @Gurk, and I loved how so many other comics from other days appeared in Tav's one.New comic, this time from Venom!

Venom, your humor reminds me of MoC's.Mostly sane, yet still insane and cruel sarcasm. :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

So yeah, Advent Calendar. Yesterday's comics didn't go up because I was waiting on a certain someone to finish their comic... :P

Aaaaand he's done. Enjoy, everybody.Also, I was looking over the lack of posts when I realized that everyone is basically actually having a life and enjoying Christmas with actual people instead of wasting it looking at sprite comics. Thus, I decided to put other comics up tomorrow, where you guys will be able to actually see and enjoy it. Edited by Kahi

So...turns out, I'm not feeling well. Like, at all. Headaches, migraines, that sort of thing. I stayed up pretty late to try and finish my comic yesterday, and that apparently screwed with my brain and everything. So without further ado, I'm just going to forgo my comic. I feel pathetic about this, seeing as how I've been pretty much a terrible host this year overall and didn't even get to finish my comic, but I really, really need to grab some sleep and ibuprofen or whatever.I'm waiting for something from one of the authors to finish up the banner, and then all four comics for this year will be released. If nothing else, I'll probably release my unfinished comic a little after as well; its right now about 80-some panels in length and still not close to being finished.Again, I personally apologize for this and hope that next year's host will learn from my mistakes and actually get stuff done on time. Procrastination won't get you anywhere with this...Anyhow, yeah. I'm going to go to bed and try and sleep this thing off. Have a Merry Christmas, everybody. Or day after Christmas, I guess. Hope you all have a good one.

Well, it's still Boxing Day here in England, which is basically an extension of Christmas. So it's practically still the holiday. :POh Kahi, stop being so hard on yourself. :rolleyes: This calendar was a huge success! The calendar looked much nicer this year, the comics were fantastic, and you still got most of the AIII forum to pitch in. Let's see...27 comics have been released so far, and you mentioned there's still four left, so including you as the host, that's 32 comic makers who participated in this - which ties with last year! The whole idea of this is to bring the comic makers of the forum together for the holidays, and on that measure alone I'd say that this was a pretty huge success. :DAnywa, can't wait to see the last few comics! A Merry (post) Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Venom, the graphics are amazing, and I could not stop laughing at "my" cameo in that =P. Invi, I love your style and the many actions scenes were both exciting and well handled.New comics, this time from Alena, Ennar, Miraka, and Lavaside Rahi!

Miraka....Dang it Mir I'm tearing up. Why'd you have to make me cry?LR... See above, with the added bonus of PONIESEnnar...Dang it, I missed you.Alena...I don't know you, but from what I've heard from Kahi and Eljay and the rest of the guys, this seems fairly in keeping with your character.

Chill out, Kahi. Everyone has that issue sometime. Just get well soon.Alena: Probably the last Christmas song spoof of the year. I always got the part about "sleighing" and "slaying" mixed up as a kid, so I'm glad someone else noticed it, too. Nice job.Miraka: Really touching. I love watching little kids get all excited for Christmas.NR: Only Makito could pull that off. I'm not sure if it was an act of kindness or of cruelty, but it was great none-the-less. I wish I had some this year.LR: Seeing the top, I was like "What? Chimoru and Ponies?" Then I saw the bottom, and I was like "Okay, it's still LR. There's Razor." That was a nice summary of a year and Christmas in only six panels. Bravo.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Well, these four are certainly unexpected. :blink:Alena: Very good! You even kept the pentameter correct. Needless to say, I was humming along as I read it :lol:MirMir: I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back, even for a small amount of time. Your comic was sweet and touching, as usual, and your abilities haven't diminished one bit. ^_^Ennar: We had a "brown" Christmas too. Do you think you could get Makito to send a measly five inches over here plzthx? :PLR: Great to see you back too, dude. And the first half of your comic made me lol. :pirate:

@Alena: You should seriously start up your own series. That comic was great.@Miraka: I told you before on dA, and again I will mention that I think your comic was among the best Christmas themed comics(if not the best) I've seen all year. In my opinion, of course.@Ennar: I enjoyed finally reading another one of your comics again. It was really hilarious. I missed Makito.@LR: That was a great comic. The first part was really funny, and the second really captured the "Christmas spirit".Great work everyone. All of the comics were great.

naw man

Thank you everyone, for your reviews of Venom's comic and my comic, too. Really makes me happy everyone liked them...Anyways, to review the newest four comics, NR's was flat out amazing graphically, and it was pretty funny. Miraka's and LR's really captured the Christmas spirit and Alena's was good for someone who only started a few days ago making her first comic. :P

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

@Invi: Nice; the Vahki didn't seem to fall apart too easily this time.@Venom: Awesome comic. I liked the spider-power fail, the ghosts, the prevention of certain people from being born, etc.@Alena: Nice song; I'd noticed the other day that "sleighing" could be replaced with "slaying." :P Also, really good for someone who doesn't usually make comics.

button.png