Toy Fair 2016: Nexo Knights

TF16_Nexo_Knights_teaser.jpg

Every couple of years or so it seems that LEGO likes to introduce a new 'big bang' theme with a TV show, games, apps, and of course, tons of LEGO sets. This year that theme is Nexo Knights, a new take on the classic medieval castle infused with some sci-fi goodness. To check out the literally dozens of sets being churned out this year for the new property, read on!

View the full article

Interesting. This is the first we've heard of the Black Knight Mech set (we had known about a summer store exclusive, but did not know its contents).

I haven't watched all ten episodes of the TV series, but apparently Robin is the character who pilots this mech. Hopefully that set will include Whiparella as well, since she's the only general/scourge who isn't included in other sets.

The other sets all look great. Of the summer sets, I particularly love Axl's Tower Carrier and Aaron's Aero-Striker V2.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I knew there would be another Knight to joint the team. Looks like Robin is filling the Samurai X role while Eva plays the Nai part.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

What is with the "FPO" things everywhere?

FPO means "For Placement Only" and it basically means they're placeholder graphics.

I'm thrilled that we're getting Ultimate versions, vehicles, hover-horses, and squirebots for the knights who didn't get them in the first wave. Aaron's Aero-Striker V2 is a fantastic design that I absolutely love. I also am really pleased with all the interior details of Jestro's Volcano Lair, such as a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. Boy-oriented themes often lack these kinds of "creature comforts" that make a space really feel livable, so it's ironic to get so many of them in a terrifying evil lair — but it fits with Jestro's characterization as a sensitive person who deep down just wants to be happy, and only embraced the Book of Monsters' evil schemes as a means to that end.

My brother and I already have four Nexo Knights sets: Ultimate Clay, Ultimate Macy, Ultimate Aaron, and the King's Mech. We plan on getting a lot more but because of their cost we're waiting on good sales and deals to take a bit of the bite out of the expense. The new Ultimate sets coming out look like a lot of fun and fit their respective characters' personalities pretty nicely. It's interesting how many unique parts/prints Ultimate General Magmar and Ultimate Flama have since Ultimate Lavaria and Ultimate Beast Master each had only one unique printed part (Lavaria's upper body and Beast Master's lower body), with the other parts shared with the non-ultimate versions.

The new monsters like Flama, General Magmar, and Burnzie look great. It's also cool that there's a Scurrier with a black and orange color scheme like Moltor. Kinda disappointed that we haven't gotten any spider-Globlins.

This is my first time hearing about The Black Knight Mech. It's probably safe to assume it'll come with Whiparella since she hasn't been released in any other sets. Should be pretty cool. I wonder how much black it'll use, though. It'd be kinda confusing if it used a whole lot since black is mainly being used for the bad guys this year, and blue for the good guys. It'd be cool if it used a lot of titanium metallic since that IS used as the color of the good guy vehicles' wheels, and it's a really fun color IMO.

What is with the "FPO" things everywhere?

From the news story:

Before we dive in, you'll notice that pretty much all of the shields say 'FPO' on them. This stands for, 'For Placement Only,' and is used because these are not all production sets and were made before the shield designs, which have to work with the app, were finalized.

Fortress sets, my weakness. I need them. Impressive builds too!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

My brother and I already have four Nexo Knights sets: Ultimate Clay, Ultimate Macy, Ultimate Aaron, and the King's Mech. We plan on getting a lot more but because of their cost we're waiting on good sales and deals to take a bit of the bite out of the expense.

I would recommend any set that comes with a hover horse. They are fun to build and play with. They are also nice and compact so the can go on long road trips or with you when you will be waiting for an extended period of time.

• Upvote 1

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.