The Ultimate Bionicle Theory

Could this be Teridax? tumblr_o1m61m7taj1tkkw4ko1_540.png

The continuation theory.

Yes yes I know you guys have seen it before but here's my view of it.

Okoto is a island of the planet Spherus Magna thousands of years after Muta Nui defeated Makuta and joined Aqua and Bota Magna to Spherus Magna.

In the theory Ekimu and Makuta(G2) are the descendants of Mata Nui.

When G1 ended Mata Nui went back into his mask. Since he is linked to the Matoran Universe he always knows what's going on.

You may say "how can the Matoran Universe be still functional?"

Great question the Matoran Universe may no longer be the great robot it used to be but it still able to detect danger to its former inhabitants. Now that the Matoran descendants (Protectors) are in danger again the red star system creates new Toa to save them.(2015 wave) Mata Nui knows they need more help so he decides he must return. So he comes back to defeat Makuta(G2) but later finds out that Makuta's(G2) mask of ultimate power was just a new more powerful mask of shadows.

Thats right Makuta Teridax has been pulling the strings yet again. This is not even the frist time he tried to take over Spherus Magn's island of Okoto after Mata Nui went back into the mask. When Makuta(G2) frist made the Mask of ultimate power it was just a mask; but Teridax's life force has been wondering for so long he finally found a mask strong enough to sustain him. He enters it taking control of the Mask and then when Makuta(G2) puts it on Teridax tries to take his body so he can rise again. But indirectly Ekimu smacks the Mask off before Teridax takes full control of (G2) Makuta's body.

Also the legendary mask of time could plays a role in all this. Ekimu uses his mask of creation to join the two pieces of the mask of time together to beat Teridax, or something around those lines. Because the term "time" has been mentioned quite a lot in G2 episodes on the Bionicle website.

NEW INFORMATION

The new serious of graphic novels says that the Mask of Time in the new story is said to be only the upper half of a full mask, and that the place it is housed in (the Temple of Time) acts as a gateway between worlds or something like that. It also says the lower half of the mask is missing.

This is by far the best evidence I have found so far as to a connection between G1 and G2

Also in one of the earlier episodes it shows the protectors telling there legend. It shows the toa coming from six different planets could these be new locations for future sets past 2018?

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I call it the continuation theory.

There are tons of continuation theories. This is probably not the best name.

How is Mata Nui having children if he's in his mask? How does he know what's going on through the Matoran Universe if the Matoran Universe got destroyed? and where did it say 'planets'?

Muta Nui?

Dead Makuta returning?

Matoran Universe (dead) still somehow running?

Yep, the classic continuation theory. Nothing ultimate about it. Debunked already.

• Upvote 6

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I call it the continuation theory.

There are tons of continuation theories. This is probably not the best name.

How is Mata Nui having children if he's in his mask? How does he know what's going on through the Matoran Universe if the Matoran Universe got destroyed? and where did it say 'planets'?

On the Bionicle website episode one it shows the protector telling the prophecy by looking at the temple wall art. When he say "six Comets bringing timeless hero well come to save us" look at the wall it shows the toa coming from what looks like six different worlds. Edited by ToaTimeLord

I have an even more ultimate bionicle theory:

there is no connection between G1 and G2

*gasps*

I don't think a connection between G1 and G2 is the problem with this theory. You rule it out like it's completely impossible. My main issue is that it's not very well written (in my honest opinion). There are plenty of theories about them being different dimensions and such. Would it be the greatest move in terms of story telling? Probably not, but at this point it would be exciting in the least, so I don't get the heavy distaste of it since there are good ways of doing it. I just don't think it's worth discounting so simply.

Comets, not comments.

And the planets could simply be a temple analogy instead of a direct place.

Well one of the planets had rings on the temples wall. So your theory while possible is wrong.

Moving to S&T.

Thanks sorry for putting it in the wrong topic. Edited by ToaTimeLord

*gasps*

I don't think a connection between G1 and G2 is the problem with this theory. You rule it out like it's completely impossible. My main issue is that it's not very well written (in my honest opinion). There are plenty of theories about them being different dimensions and such. Would it be the greatest move in terms of story telling? Probably not, but at this point it would be exciting in the least, so I don't get the heavy distaste of it since there are good ways of doing it. I just don't think it's worth discounting so simply.
I kept the theory simple so it could be used any way LEGO wants to use it.

Mata Nui returning is just an example of how they could do it.

My idea doesn't need multiple versions of reality. Its all based off of the original story.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

*gasps*

I kept the theory simple so it could be used any way LEGO wants to use it.

Mata Nui returning is just an example of how they could do it.

My idea doesn't need multiple versions of reality. Its all based iff of the original story.

What exactly do you mean by "it could be used any way LEGO wants to use it"? Are you suggesting that Lego might see this theory and decide to run with it? Because not only is that not how Lego operates, it would be legally hazardous to do so. That's the same reason why GregF, in his time on this site years ago, was prohibited from reading fanfiction—doing so would make him and Lego liable if echoes of those stories found their way into the main story, whether or not the inspiration actually came from there.

Either way, this theory is neither likely (everything stated by representatives of Lego suggests that the new story is a hard reboot unconnected to the original story), nor novel (it's just one continuation theory of many, and doesn't really come up with any substantially new ideas of how that could come about), nor entirely coherent (as Ghidora pointed out, the idea of Mata Nui even having descendents runs counter to his final decision to remain bound to the Mask of Life). I don't mean this as an insult—with some refinement, you could probably turn it into a decent fanfic—but currently it doesn't even make total sense and even if you ironed out the plot holes it would still be treading the same ground as hundreds of other fans who have already desperately attempted to connect G1 and G2.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

ToaTimeLord? I understand your enthusiasm. I had a similar time when I found Pokémon Sapphire after years of Pokémon yellow having been my sole experience of the franchise. I went kinda crazy and devoured everything I could find. Thankfully, this was the dark age where I couldn't run to a forum on my mobile and start blurting out the first things to cross my preteen mind. Instead, I found wiki's and then fanart. The franchise came alive for me, and by the time I found a place to discuss it all, I knew the basic theories and guesses about Pokémon that the fandom had had for years.

So now, I just enjoy it. Don't take it personally when us old Turaga from G1 BZPower tell you your theory's been tried before, sent through the threshing machine of the S&T and soundly and thoroughly debunked and dispatched. We've seen the continuation theory in many forms back just after the announcement, and all through the first few months of 2015. There is no official continuation. Makuta isn't Teridax. Ekimu isn't Artakha/Mata Nui. Okoto isn't on Spherus Magna, and the Villagers aren't Matoran. The Toa are Toa, but they operate off different rules. Masks of Power aren't Kanohi. There is no official link. Easter eggs and references, sure. But the closest thing we will ever get will be a strange grinning creature fall into the background of a scene, then disappear.

There's a lot of good theory to make about G2, even if we don't have a GregF to ask random questions. Let's try and figure what the Mask of Ultimate Power actually does, or if it's sentient like the Ignika of G1.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Here's a theory for you.

G1 and G2 are connected, though not directly. As in G1 and G2 are in completely different physical universes, but the only thing from G1 that connects it to G2 are the Toa, as in, these Toa are the exact same original six from G1. Thats it. Thats my theory at least, and I'm sticking to it. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but that it's certainly more probable than the one that this topic is based around.

But THIS Theory! The "Ultimate BIONICLE Theory" is absolutely crazy. You don't want to know how many other people I've heard basically say the same thing as was said here, it makes no sence. All the points are completely off from actual G1 canon, and frankly it just sounds like a fans crazed ramblings, sorry to say. I just don't buy it, it makes no sense. YES, there are other worlds that are visible, but does that mean that this is Spherus Magna? Heck no! It could simply be another solar system, with a large planet and large moons.

Also

*gasps*

No. You can't say that there isn't a connection, and you can throw away any evidence and ignore it all you want, but the truth is that there is a connection of some kind. I mean, we've had subtle hints from the beginning about the the possibility of the Toa coming directly from some other place. And we know that the Mask of Time was used to bring these Toa to Okoto, but why that mask? They say that the Mask of Time itself is only half a mask, and it certainly looks like it, and when this was said months ago as a rumor (which it's now G2 canon), it was just chalked up as being "misinterpreted" that what they mean't to say was that the G2 mask of time will look different than the G1 mask of time. Which may be true, but we've seen the G2 mask of time, it doesn't look any differnt than the G1 mask of time. And yet that was just chalked up as a "placeholder" but why would they put that a placeholder in an official book? In anycase, it still differed off the path of the original conversation, to purposefully ignore ANY possible connections, Jeez, it's almost like you people are being TOLD to say that there isn't a connection. And even if there isn't, there is no pain in having fun making theories no matter how crazy they may sound, but of course, one must not take these theories as truth, as they are not. If thats's the issue, than just address it outright, instead of going off the beaten path! for future reference, don't just shoot something down you don't want to here, go to a differnt topic, and talk about something else.

(I'm ready for anything that is thrown at me, even if it's one of those worlds that we see so much of in the background of G2 art.)

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Don't take it personally when us old Turaga from G1 BZPower tell you your theory's been tried before,

I'm only 22; that makes me a Turaga in this community? Sweet... I wish the servers hadn't crashed; I am pretty sure I would have some fun reading the cringe-worthy fan ideas I wrote as a kid back here in 2006. Actually come to think of it; a small reason I ditched Bionicle in 2007 was because I didn't now how to voice my opinion in a fan community that had different opinions than me. A good thing to; since I ditched it early enough I missed the entire "Death of Toa Mat" memorial forums :P 

So anyway the thing about fan theories is yes; they can be fun. But things like this have to be taken with a grain of salt; because there will always be a dozen other fans who completely disagree and will make all effort to prove their point (sometimes that is the fun of speculation though because different fanon ideas can sometimes mirror the actual story when it comes out). 

And the issue with this idea is that it is basically another G1-G2 connection theory and the ideas boil down to be awfully similar to previous ideas in previous threads. I will not rule out the possibility of a G1-G2 connection until G2 itself ends... But as I mentioned earlier in another thread; I highly doubt Lego will make an effort to connect G1 and G2; because nostalgia ridden young adults who debate with each other on BZP are not their primary audience.. They need to sell these toys to children to make a profit; and most kids don't give a hoot about Mata Nui, Teridax, Vezon, Lariska, Vakama, and Brutahka... They probably have no idea who they are unless they have an older brother/sister uncle/aunt or in some cases a parent to introduce G1 to them. And Lego is not going to pin their expensive to produce toy line on the chance that somebody is going to take the time to introduce little kids to a little known franchise from a decade ago. 

So what am I trying to say... Don't take offense when the old timers shoot down your fan theories; its all part of the game of an online forum. Second, just note that we have a lot of reasons to shoot down those theories. And third; Lego might surprise us all and all these G1-G2 theories will end up being right (I am %100 sure that if we used a time machine to go back to 2003 and posted here that "Mata-Nui is a giant robot under the island" the forums would have called us crazy!)

So patience; G2 has at least another 2 more years of story to cover before all answers will be revealed.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

*gasps*

No. You can't say that there isn't a connection, and you can throw away any evidence and ignore it all you want, but the truth is that there is a connection of some kind. I mean, we've had subtle hints from the beginning about the the possibility of the Toa coming directly from some other place. And we know that the Mask of Time was used to bring these Toa to Okoto, but why that mask? They say that the Mask of Time itself is only half a mask, and it certainly looks like it, and when this was said months ago as a rumor (which it's now G2 canon), it was just chalked up as being "misinterpreted" that what they mean't to say was that the G2 mask of time will look different than the G1 mask of time. Which may be true, but we've seen the G2 mask of time, it doesn't look any differnt than the G1 mask of time. And yet that was just chalked up as a "placeholder" but why would they put that a placeholder in an official book? In anycase, it still differed off the path of the original conversation, to purposefully ignore ANY possible connections, Jeez, it's almost like you people are being TOLD to say that there isn't a connection. And even if there isn't, there is no pain in having fun making theories no matter how crazy they may sound, but of course, one must not take these theories as truth, as they are not. If thats's the issue, than just address it outright, instead of going off the beaten path! for future reference, don't just shoot something down you don't want to here, go to a differnt topic, and talk about something else.

(I'm ready for anything that is thrown at me, even if it's one of those worlds that we see so much of in the background of G2 art.)

Yes, I can say there is no connection - because up until this point, there have been no connections made between the two stories. Little references like the Vahi's image showing up in random places don't equate to evidence so much as fanservice; fun things for those who followed the original run to notice and go "oh, that's neat".

It doesn't mean that there's any story connections between G1 and G2.

• Upvote 4

What exactly do you mean by "it could be used any way LEGO wants to use it"? Are you suggesting that Lego might see this theory and decide to run with it? Because not only is that not how Lego operates, it would be legally hazardous to do so. That's the same reason why GregF, in his time on this site years ago, was prohibited from reading fanfiction—doing so would make him and Lego liable if echoes of those stories found their way into the main story, whether or not the inspiration actually came from there.

I know LEGO doesn't work like that.

I know this theory may never happen.

If by a miracle Lego already came up with this idea they could easily pull the story anyway they want to make it link up where G1 ended. Will it happened probably not and to all the old Turaga on this site who say

"Your living in the past" wouldn't you love to find out that the two branches of Bionicle are part of the same tree.

*gasps*

Yes, I can say there is no connection - because up until this point, there have been no connections made between the two stories. Little references like the Vahi's image showing up in random places don't equate to evidence so much as fanservice; fun things for those who followed the original run to notice and go "oh, that's neat".

May I point out an example of fanservice that made fans come up with crazy theories that made the writers change there story to please the fans.

My example is when transformers made Beast Wars. They started off wanting to create a completely separate and new thing no way related to the original story but the fans made connections and made the makers of the show change there original story.

Maybe this is a bit of hope to those who hope a connection will happen in the Bionicle story.

Either way I'll still like Bionicle no less.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

*gasps*

I'm not referring to the pictures of the Vahi in varying places on Okoto. Thats NOT a reference, Nor is it fan service, how is that fan service? If it were fan service, it wouldn't just be the Vahi. It would be other things, like matron letters, other masks, and other things that are related to G1. Not JUST the Vahi! You might say that they where short on time, but if that were the case (which it is) they would have certainly been able to put other things from G1 in as "Fan Service".

And no connections? Really now? Have you read ANY of the books that have come out? in the first chapter book for G2, Kopaka questions himself quite a lot, and he asks Izotor if he is even a Toa, and if he is even the hero from legend, that alone is not enough to count as evidence to a possible connection, it's just him questioning himself right? But, when they come across the ruins of an ancient settlement, Kopaka asks if it fell from war. That in and of itself, may not necessarily be a connection either, but why would he think of such a thing if he had never experienced it prior in some capacity? We know that cities and places where conquered and destroyed in the G1 story. So, if this is the same Kopaka from G1, it would make sense for him to ask such a thing, especially if he has lost much of his memory. That alone (not even counting that when Tahu first fell that he was able to fend of the skull spider attacking him with ease, and actually struck a spider without even realizing it. Just from muscle memory alone, he knew what to do.) to me is evidence enough, to at least say that these Toa maybe or are the same to a from G1. Not the same world mind you, but the same Toa.

And for another thing, I never even suggested that the Vahi showing up everywhere was even remotely evidence to a possible connection! So don't bring up something that I never even thought to, nor even referred to as evidence! When in reality I was never even talking about the Vahi to begin with as evidence! Me saying that we know that the Vahi is half a Mask, is NOT me referring to the depictions of the Vahi in multiple instances during the online animations! I am only referring that the canon, with the Vahi being used as the means to summon the Toa along with the Prophesy of Heroes, and the canon fact that IT IS Half a Mask! It even says so in the Book Gathering of the Toa!

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

It's fan service because the Vahis in the shorts were placed there by the animation teams specifically to see if the fans would notice them. There's no need to go throwing in anything and everything else from G1 because the Vahi is iconic enough on its own, and too much fan service would derail the story entirely.

I have not read the books. But from the examples that you have provided, it looks like you are reading far too much into the characterization of Kopaka. Him asking Izotor if he's really a Toa is a standard storytelling trope, wherein the protagonist doubts themselves and is eventually able to move past that through their experiences. Likewise, as a character currently engaged in a "war" of sorts of his own (against the Skull Spiders and the Skull Villains), Kopaka asking if the ruins of a town are due to war is by no means a stretch of the imagination; if anything, I would consider it a very logical question for him to be asking.

Tahu's muscle memory is equal parts "rule of cool", "dumb luck", and, well, muscle memory - it doesn't imply any sort of connection to G1.

It's fan service because the Vahis in the shorts were placed there by the animation teams specifically to see if the fans would notice them. There's no need to go throwing in anything and everything else from G1 because the Vahi is iconic enough on its own, and too much fan service would derail the story entirely.

I have not read the books. But from the examples that you have provided, it looks like you are reading far too much into the characterization of Kopaka. Him asking Izotor if he's really a Toa is a standard storytelling trope, wherein the protagonist doubts themselves and is eventually able to move past that through their experiences. Likewise, as a character currently engaged in a "war" of sorts of his own (against the Skull Spiders and the Skull Villains), Kopaka asking if the ruins of a town are due to war is by no means a stretch of the imagination; if anything, I would consider it a very logical question for him to be asking.

Tahu's muscle memory is equal parts "rule of cool", "dumb luck", and, well, muscle memory - it doesn't imply any sort of connection to G1.

Okay, AGAIN. I'm NOT referring to the Vahi represented in parts of the animations! So stop bring it up! We are getting nowhere if you refuse to get of the Topic of it in the animations!

In addition, I was not saying necessarily that Kopaka asking such questions WAS a connection, but rather that it may be. Not that it is, but that it may be, or at least hinting at the possibility in some capacity. I'm justing trying to keep an open mind here, unlike you, where you question me and say that I'm reading to much into it! If I where reading to much into it, I would be posting topics just a bout everyday when a new idea about it pops into my head about this very thing, and well. I am not in anyway doing that, now am I?

"muscle memory - it doesn't imply any sort of connection to G1." I'm sorry. But, why wouldn't it imply that? Or possibly imply that? Yes, it could imply that he is well trained and versed in combat, but that is the only instance of him ever using such skill, the next time in the animations where he's faced with a difficult challenge is when Him and Narmoto are at the shrine of the Mask of Fire, and there Tahu just runs away, not letting his instinctive skill take over, but instead running like a craven fool! And pretty much all the work is done by Narmoto. Him fending off the spiders to let Tahu get the Mask, and then and only then does Tahu have the courage to stand up and fight, but when he does, he's so much more powerful, and it isn't even a challenge for him then. The point that I'm trying to make by all of this is that, it is possible that these are the same Toa from G1, thats all that I'm saying, and that's all I've ever said on the matter at hand. And even still, when I bring up possible evidence, I say that it may be true, not that it is, and yet you just ignore that little factoid of my writing and just say that what I'm saying is that this possible evidence that I bring up is in fact true evidence, and me just trying to prove my theory, when in reality I am doing no such thing, I am only saying that IT MAY BE A CONNECTION, NOT THAT IT IS. But maybe it could be! That's all that I'm saying, and thats all that I ever said! And I'm also saying that my theory could be true, if the evidence is proven factual in the instance of this theories validity!

​And another thing! Why do you come to these topics, and say all the time the same thing that there is no connections, honestly, it just makes you look like a troll trying to get attention, so why do you do it? Does it make you happy knowing that you upset people? when in reality I myself have been (*trying to be) completely calm this whole time. What kind of sick twisted world do you live in to do such a thing, on a topic you don't even like?

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

​And another thing! Why do you come to these topics, and say all the time the same thing that there is no connections, honestly, it just makes you look like a troll trying to get attention, so why do you do it? Does it make you happy knowing that you upset people? when in reality I myself have been completely calm this whole time. What kind of sick twisted world do you live in to do such a thing, on a topic you don't even like?

You don't sound calm. It's not helped by all-caps font, which can make anyone seem like they're shouting, but you're also using a lot of exclamation points, bold text, and imperative verbs (like "stop bringing it up!"). I'm not trying to discredit you or anything here, and I understand that it can be hard to stay calm when you're disagreeing with someone. I struggle with it all the time. But I just thought I'd mention that so that maybe you could step back a moment and try approaching this again more calmly, like I believe you are in fact trying to.

Lucina's posts, to me, seem fairly cool and collected, which is another reason it might help for you to step back a moment. It's very easy, in a disagreement, to feel like you're being personally attacked. There have been a number of people I've disagreed with who have gotten angry at me and accused me of having a grudge against them or targeting them personally. When really I just like contributing to discussions I have opinions on, and those opinions often happen to run counter to theirs without me even realizing it's the same person I'm disagreeing with each time. So again, I don't mean for this to sound patronizing, but I think it would help if we all took some deep breaths and realized that nobody here means anybody else any harm.

Now, as for my two cents: personally, I think you're reading too much into a lot of those "hints" you're seeing. Things like Tahu having latent fighting skills or Kopaka wondering if he was really a prophecied Toa do not at all imply a shared continuity in my mind. In fact, these are also things that applied to 2001 Bionicle in some capacity, when the Toa's memories were likewise clouded but they didn't need any kind of special training before leaping into action.

But I am with you in that wouldn't rule out the possibility of some kind of connection between G1 and G2. In fact, I'm working on a short story right now that presents a hypothetical possible connection that wouldn't involve the Toa being the same Toa or the timeline being the same timeline or even the universe being the same universe.

There are reasons I don't want the Toa to be the same Toa, chief among them being that their personalities and powers are different between both generations. If they were the same Toa then those differences would have to be explained, and I can't think of any explanations that aren't a disservice or retcon to one generation's characterization (i.e. "What do you mean he changed, Kopaka has ALWAYS been clumsy, you just never realized it!")

If the G1 Toa are acknowledged in G2, I'd like it to be acknowledged as what it presently seems to be: an alternate universe. And not "alternate universe" in the G1 sense where it meant that one specific thing had "gone wrong" in the timeline and changed the future. I mean "alternate universe" as in a universe where lots of things are different and it can't just be boiled down to one specific cause.

• Upvote 4

​And another thing! Why do you come to these topics, and say all the time the same thing that there is no connections, honestly, it just makes you look like a troll trying to get attention, so why do you do it? Does it make you happy knowing that you upset people? when in reality I myself have been completely calm this whole time. What kind of sick twisted world do you live in to do such a thing, on a topic you don't even like?

You don't sound calm. It's not helped by all-caps font, which can make anyone seem like they're shouting, but you're also using a lot of exclamation points, bold text, and imperative verbs (like "stop bringing it up!"). I'm not trying to discredit you or anything here, and I understand that it can be hard to stay calm when you're disagreeing with someone. I struggle with it all the time. But I just thought I'd mention that so that maybe you could step back a moment and try approaching this again more calmly, like I believe you are in fact trying to.

Lucina's posts, to me, seem fairly cool and collected, which is another reason it might help for you to step back a moment. It's very easy, in a disagreement, to feel like you're being personally attacked. There have been a number of people I've disagreed with who have gotten angry at me and accused me of having a grudge against them or targeting them personally. When really I just like contributing to discussions I have opinions on, and those opinions often happen to run counter to theirs without me even realizing it's the same person I'm disagreeing with each time. So again, I don't mean for this to sound patronizing, but I think it would help if we all took some deep breaths and realized that nobody here means anybody else any harm.

Now, as for my two cents: personally, I think you're reading too much into a lot of those "hints" you're seeing. Things like Tahu having latent fighting skills or Kopaka wondering if he was really a prophecied Toa do not at all imply a shared continuity in my mind. In fact, these are also things that applied to 2001 Bionicle in some capacity, when the Toa's memories were likewise clouded but they didn't need any kind of special training before leaping into action.

But I am with you in that wouldn't rule out the possibility of some kind of connection between G1 and G2. In fact, I'm working on a short story right now that presents a hypothetical possible connection that wouldn't involve the Toa being the same Toa or the timeline being the same timeline or even the universe being the same universe.

There are reasons I don't want the Toa to be the same Toa, chief among them being that their personalities and powers are different between both generations. If they were the same Toa then those differences would have to be explained, and I can't think of any explanations that aren't a disservice or retcon to one generation's characterization (i.e. "What do you mean he changed, Kopaka has ALWAYS been clumsy, you just never realized it!")

If the G1 Toa are acknowledged in G2, I'd like it to be acknowledged as what it presently seems to be: an alternate universe. And not "alternate universe" in the G1 sense where it meant that one specific thing had "gone wrong" in the timeline and changed the future. I mean "alternate universe" as in a universe where lots of things are different and it can't just be boiled down to one specific cause.

Fair enough, perhaps I was a bit aggressive with my use of capitals and bold text, not to mention exclamation points. I only really used them to outline a point that I was trying to make, but I guess, like with most things I do, it kinda backfired. In any case, all I was saying is that it is possible, and I'm not saying that it is in fact this way or that, but rather that it could be. To be honest, I do believe that these are the same Toa, but their personalities being slightly different (I'm looking at you Pohatu) and Kopaka's obvious clumsiness may be two valid points for them not to be the same. But, like the points that I had brought up about a possible continuity, it's the same sort of case really. Honestly the point I brought up could just be chalked up to them having trained prior to arriving on Okoto, not necessarily being relevant to G1, but maybe it could be, is all I'm saying. And, maybe I am reading into it to much, but I always like to keep an open mind about these sorts of things, perhaps too open some might say, but eh, that may just be their or your view on it. Or maybe you do have a point. Grant it, nobody has ever said to me that I am too openminded, but still, the point there is still valid on both sides of the fence.

My view is that these points do add up them being the same, grant it, their obvious differences. Whilst the other side is that I am looking into it too much and that I'm just a bit on the nose. In any case, I was just saying that it is possible, but that doesn't mean that I'm right or wrong. And vice versa.

pure_muscle.png

I think it's worth noting that when a person loses their memory or experiences amnesia it's incredibly difficult to regain memories if even possible most of the time. If the toa lost their memories, they could turn out to be very different individuals. Think about it, what if you couldn't remember that one moment in your life that changed you and helped you grow into who you are today?

I'm not totally happy with some personality changes (cough cough, Pohatu, cough cough), but I don't think it's impossible for them to be the same toa.

And I don't think that it being different universes with seemingly different physics discounts it either. If you went to another universe you probably might find the mechanics it's built on are different as well, which is why reality is different.

I just got a fun little idea if what if Okoto was an idea or name of an island in G1. Could be fun lol. I wish Okoto had a little more personality though. G1 had some great settings and I get they're trying to reminisce and call back to Bionicle's most early years but it just feels like a less interesting Mata-Nui at this point. I loved the idea of Karda-Nui. Let's get more places like that. Let's make the G2 Bionicle universe bigger and cooler!

I'm glad you apologized, Toa Imrukii - but please do not attack other members personally in the future.

That's all from me; carry on!

I'm glad that your glad about me, thank you friend.

Anyway

I think it's worth noting that when a person loses their memory or experiences amnesia it's incredibly difficult to regain memories if even possible most of the time. If the toa lost their memories, they could turn out to be very different individuals. Think about it, what if you couldn't remember that one moment in your life that changed you and helped you grow into who you are today?

I'm not totally happy with some personality changes (cough cough, Pohatu, cough cough), but I don't think it's impossible for them to be the same toa.

And I don't think that it being different universes with seemingly different physics discounts it either. If you went to another universe you probably might find the mechanics it's built on are different as well, which is why reality is different.

I just got a fun little idea if what if Okoto was an idea or name of an island in G1. Could be fun lol. I wish Okoto had a little more personality though. G1 had some great settings and I get they're trying to reminisce and call back to Bionicle's most early years but it just feels like a less interesting Mata-Nui at this point. I loved the idea of Karda-Nui. Let's get more places like that. Let's make the G2 Bionicle universe bigger and cooler!

I totally agree with this, this could also be taken into account when talking about the possibility of these being the same Toa. I've had the idea in my head for avgery long time now, but never got around to explain it. In anycase, I personally believe that these are the same Toa nonetheless, but this world, it's people and places different. And I also blieve that the mask of time, and the fact of it being only half a mask has something to do with it. Who knows what the future holds, I may be right, or I may be wrong, but we should not just discredit ones idea simply because we don't want to acknowledge or even look at any evidence or possible evidence at hand. I appologize for being so rash and salty prior, but it infuriates me when I try to make a valid point and it's taken off the beaten path down some obscure road of madness, that spirals and derails into a sea of boiling magma, only to end up waking up in the middle of the night to it being all a bad dream and for not, bickering never gets you anywhere, but being ignorant or at the very least blind to the fact gets you nowhere to, and frankly faster to nowhere it brings you.

pure_muscle.png

WOW this topic went on fire.

I just wanted to point out a way the two stories could be connected and give some bits of evidence. Also give a off topic example of fans changing a brand mid production.

But it looks like I started a BZPOWER Civil War.

Lets put the aggression away and calmly talk about the topics main idea. If you come to this topic acting nasty take it somewhere else I don't want to see it and neither dose anyone else.

I want this to be a safe and civil place to share ideas for either side in a calm way because I do want to hear if someone has a good reason why my idea could be wrong. This topic was written to see both views.

That's all I ask.

Thank You.

And if I offend anyone in anyway I give you my apologize.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 3

Perhaps the burning inferno which is me should steer clear of those who upset me, and just ignore them, not ignite them and burn them down. One can't start a thermo-nuclear war over someone elses refusal to go somewhere else or at least see eye to eye.

No, I started this, and because of that I'll take all the blame for it. I started this thermo-nuclear war, and I will end it. Hear by my departure from this topic is now. Goodbye, I hope you can all forgive me.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I just wanted to point out a way the two stories could be connected and give some bits of evidence. Also give a off topic example of fans changing a brand mid production.

Don't flatter yourself. This is why we stopped discussing connection theories in the first place; most of us are perfectly fine with the two generations being different and unrelated, and the other side is clinging to the vaguest hint that allows them to believe their precious G1 isn't finally over and done.

And sorry, this isn't personal, but can people please use proper grammar, spelling and paragraphs? My eyes just start skipping over your posts when I see just a huge wall of text. Basic misspellings also say that you're either in such a rush to type that you can't reread your sentences, you're lazy, or you don't care enough to give others on this forum a coherent read. I do most of my typing from a mobile device, so being on your phone is no excuse. /rant

Don't flatter yourself. This is why we stopped discussing connection theories in the first place; most of us are perfectly fine with the two generations being different and unrelated, and the other side is clinging to the vaguest hint that allows them to believe their precious G1 isn't finally over and done.

*snip*

Bruh that just sounds absurdly scewed towards your own perspective. You're literally painting anyone who feels differently than your side as being silly and stupid and holding onto nostalgia, refusing to grow up just because they feel differently rather than what they're saying might actually be possible or not.

This is unfortunately what I hate about this community. People can't take those that disagree. It's one thing to have an irrational and absurd theory/opinion that makes no sense and is driven by pure emotion or nostalgia, and it's another to recognize and support the possibility of something. Like, seriously what is wrong with liking the idea of the two generations being connected? Why is it such a sin? The only reason people have been making as many of these fan theories and speculations about it is because of the extra bits of possible evidence and such that could be looked at as supporting it.

The moment someone brings up the idea or that they think it might be possible they're suddenly looked down upon as being nostalgia drunk idiots who don't know how to enjoy something for what it is when that is hardly ever the complete truth. Yes, of course there's some nostalgia behind why people think it, but nostalgia doesn't obliterate all reality the same way the consistent reports of Bionicle possibly coming back were more than just nostalgic fans clinging onto hope because there is a line of reality where one has to realize there is a possibility. It doesn't mean they're trying to confirm it or anything more than the face that it's POSSIBLE and that seems to rub some people like a hot iron.

The only thing more ignorant than one suggesting a connection or what not is one who completely debunks it for the sake of debunking it because LEGO SAID it was a reboot which means there's NO POSSIBILITY that it could be anything else because why would a story teller misguide someone to make their story have greater effect on the audience?

This is the problem with BZPower/the Bionicle community. There's this elitist attitude where a group of people stood up and decided to feel more intelligent and entitled so they labeled anyone who felt differently or likes the old more or anything among those lines as being nostalgic and irrational fan boys. Nostalgia doesn't make you stupid, and criticizing those who are still more attached to the old and can see its strengths doesn't make you smart.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps the burning inferno which is me should steer clear of those who upset me, and just ignore them, not ignite them and burn them down. One can't start a thermo-nuclear war over someone elses refusal to go somewhere else or at least see eye to eye.

No, I started this, and because of that I'll take all the blame for it. I started this thermo-nuclear war, and I will end it. Hear by my departure from this topic is now. Goodbye, I hope you can all forgive me.
If we can all act calmly, you can all stay.

And sorry, this isn't personal, but can people please use proper grammar, spelling and paragraphs? My eyes just start skipping over your posts when I see just a huge wall of text. Basic misspellings also say that you're either in such a rush to type that you can't reread your sentences, you're lazy, or you don't care enough to give others on this forum a coherent read. I do most of my typing from a mobile device, so being on your phone is no excuse. /rant

Well if you don't care for the theory then take the insults somewhere else.

If you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

While this post could have certainly been worded better, it does mostly speak the truth. You posted a G1-G2 connection topic; and trust me, there were a lot of those things a year ago. There are many members who are fine with G1 and G2 being separate; there are also those who feel strongly that the two remain separate; and then there are those who would be fine with (or actively want there to be) connections between the two.

Several arguments have erupted over it (some far more heated than this topic ever got) and we also got this gold mine of sarcasm from none other than Lyichir, in which many members partook and spread the love (truly, it was a beautiful thing).

From what I have seen, those that want G1 and G2 to remain separate entities seem to outnumber the others, if only a little; but that is just on this site, and I cannot speak for the Bionicle audience as a whole. It is possible that they are simply the most outspoken group. Who knows.

shrug.jpg

• Upvote 1

Several arguments have erupted over it (some far more heated than this topic ever got) and we also got this gold mine of sarcasm from none other than Lyichir, in which many members partook and spread the love (truly, it was a beautiful thing).

Slightly off-topic, but I am still coming to terms with the fact that this is apparently my legacy. I am not generally that good at sarcasm/snark, so for a topic that consists almost entirely of that to be not just my most upvoted post/topic, but one of the most upvoted posts/topics on the entire site confuses and bewilders me. Of course, so much of that post's popularity came about from the timing—it might not have been nearly so popular if not for being posted at a time when there were so many other indistinguishable continuation theories being bandied about. So I doubt I'd be able to achieve that kind of success/notoriety with another topic even if I managed to find my "funny switch" and turn it on again. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If we can all act calmly, you can all stay.

Well if you don't care for the theory then take the insults somewhere else.

If you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all.

To be fair, I wouldn't have come off so hostilely, if that original comment that ticked me off hadden't been made in the first place. You don't want to know just how much it infuriates me to come to a topic about something and see a comment like that which completely underminds the topics purpose, and then I get in trouble because I replied. Whats up with that? To be fair, perhaps it was just a trap, but I took it, and the war started and ended without a remark from the otherside, but rather an understanding, thats certainly a better way to end a flamewar, than how it normally would end, which is the topic being shut down. But that didn't happen, now did it?

From what I have seen, those that want G1 and G2 to remain separate entities seem to outnumber the others, if only a little; but that is just on this site, and I cannot speak for the Bionicle audience as a whole. It is possible that they are simply the most outspoken group. Who knows.

shrug.jpg

They certainly are, but believe me, from what I've gathered, the overwhelming majority of the BIONICLE community genuenly believe that they are both connected, there are those who have the most ridicules and outrageous connection theories, and there are those who have less radical, yet still very outrageous theories, then there are those like me who believe that there a is a connection, but it's a subtle one, not the whole of the universe levels of massive, not even close, but rather that certain characters and objects directly connect back to G1, then there is the group who believe that just the Mask of Time is connected to G1 (including the Vahi is the animations as evidence to this, many of them use. Not me though). In anycase, a very small majority overall believe that there is no connection what so ever, most of whoch simply being here on BZPower, but thats just from my observations, I haven't seen the statistics (if they even exist) and all of this that I have said is from my expierence in other parts of the internet.

Anyway, back to exile I go.

pure_muscle.png

Here's my theory to how the 2015 Toa came to Okoto.

(Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be criticized over this)

The Matoran Universe may no longer be fully functional but it still tries to protect its former inhabitants.

So when it detects danger to the Matoran descendants (Protectors). Some how the leading Protectors know about the giant robot and how it works.

They go to the temple of time which could be linked to the Matoran Universe. They say the the Prophesy of heroes which activates the red star system. The Matoran Universe can no longer create Toa so it sends a signal to the world it was originally built on. The Toa are created there and are sent to the island of Okoto.

Yes I know this is a crazy theory, that is probably wrong, but remembered when we were all blindsided to find out the Matoran Universe was a continent sized robot.

Who knows where LEGO will take us with this new generation of Bionicle.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

(Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be criticized over this?)

The Matoran Universe may no longer be fully functional but it still tries to protect its former inhabitants.

So when it detects danger to the Matoran descendants (Protectors) (incomplete sentence) Somehow (capital letter? One word) the leading Protectors know about the giant robot and how it works.

They go to the temple of time which could be linked to the Matoran Universe. They say the the Prophecy of heroes which activates the red star system. The Matoran Universe can no longer create Toa so it sends a signal to the world it was originally built on. The Toa are created there and are sent to the island of Okoto.

Yes I know this is a crazy theory that is probably wrong, but remembered when we were all blindsided (one word) to find out the Matoran Universe was a continent sized robot.

7/10.

Um... The last we saw of the GSR/Matoran Universe, it was being broken down for parts. Somehow I don't think it will be involved in any G1-G2 connection. The Red Star might be a good avenue to explore, were it not involved in one of the hanging plot threads and unlikely to be touched.

Comments like this make me want to make a poll; so here's a poll.

And this theory is debunked; it doesn't even make sense with G1 because Greg confirmed that Teridax is dead. 

Well, this theory does seems to have had some thought put into it (asides from Ekimu and Makuta being Mata Nui's descendants), and as a head-canon is pretty neat. However there is (as far as I can tell) no evidence that G1 and G2 are or could be linked, mainly due to the changes to the lore: Toa have no elemental power without a mask, masks are forged from 'magic', villagers being more organic than Matoran etc. I guess there's probably a counter argument to everything I just said, but if Lego were to continue the G1 storyline, they wouldn't make it so obscure.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

(Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be criticized over this?)

So when it detects danger to the Matoran descendants (Protectors) (incomplete sentence) Somehow (capital letter? One word) the leading Protectors know about the giant robot and how it works.

They go to the temple of time which could be linked to the Matoran Universe. They say the the Prophecy of heroes which activates the red star system. The Matoran Universe can no longer create Toa so it sends a signal to the world it was originally built on. The Toa are created there and are sent to the island of Okoto.

Yes I know this is a crazy theory that is probably wrong, but remembered when we were all blindsided (one word) to find out the Matoran Universe was a continent sized robot.

7/10.

Um... The last we saw of the GSR/Matoran Universe, it was being broken down for parts. Somehow I don't think it will be involved in any G1-G2 connection. The Red Star might be a good avenue to explore, were it not involved in one of the hanging plot threads and unlikely to be touched.

That why I thought there could be a connection. The Matoran break down the robot to the point they think its broken down after getting the parts they need.

But it is still able to detect danger and give a signal to create new Toa.

They could make a more subtle version of this and have a protector tell a villager a story from old and how they came from a great god from the sky. Who turned a dead world to a paradise for them.

With the subtle version of the continuation theory we know the two stories are the same one but plot wise they are separate.

Both sides of this argument can both be happy with this theory.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

plot why's they are separate.

I wasn't going to respond, but what does that mean? Plot why is they are separate?

plot why's they are separate.

I wasn't going to respond, but what does that mean? Plot why they are separate?
The plot of the story is not affected by the information that the two stories are linked. That what it means.