Summer 2016 Bionicle Sets Listed at ToysRUs.com

The Toys 'R' Us website has posted listings for the summer 2016 Bionicle sets 71312 Ekimu the Mask Maker, 71313 Lava Beast, 71314 Storm Beast, and 71316 Umarak the Destroyer. The sets are not yet in stock or available to order, and set 71315 Quake Beast is not even listed at this time, but there are still some great new pictures and official descriptions to whet your whistle as we await these sets' release. Follow the links above to check out the new listings!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if these will be released early in Europe again?

I don't know if they're supposed to be... but then, who knows? The June release date for the U.S. is already unusually early, compared to the July/August summer waves of past years.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd like to let everyone know that the sets WERE up for purchase before the time you reported on the sets being up. A lot of people on the message boards were scrambling to buy the sets, but after an hour or so the sets were all sold out. Umarak was the first one, to my disappointment. BIONICLE fans are jerks. I wanted Umarak more than all of you. XD

A picture of moamaharimatoro's purchase:

https://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/3/e/3e1ac90528f835dbf7519053efbf8729e6e1ddc6.png

Edited by Tarvaxx

The June release date for the U.S. is already unusually early, compared to the July/August summer waves of past years.

Wait, the sets are coming out in June? When was this announced? I'd given up hope of getting these sets earlier than August.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

The June release date for the U.S. is already unusually early, compared to the July/August summer waves of past years.

Wait, the sets are coming out in June? When was this announced? I'd given up hope of getting these sets earlier than August.

BZP's Toy Fair coverage, yo. All of the summer Bionicle sets were marked for a June release.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

BZP's Toy Fair coverage, yo. All of the summer Bionicle sets were marked for a June release.

Huh. I know I read those posts. Must of just failed to notice. Was it mentioned in the text, or only in photos?

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

Well, for summer sets that will come in June, rather than July or August, unusually, they really do come fast for some reason. This makes me feel excited!:) Anyway, I wonder why it is that early? Because there are a lot of themes with a lot of sets coming this August, so Lego had to push the summer Bionicle sets earlier?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Ugh, the beast's lower legs are a mess. They would have looked great if they'd just added some proper covering. So much wasted potential...

I kind of think the spindly lower legs actually sort of add to their beastliness. Kind of like how wolves' lower legs are pretty thin compared to their bodies.

I definitely don't think all of the lower leg builds are equally well designed, though. Storm Beast's and Quake Beast's are alright but I'm not really sold on Lava Beast's.