On One Of My Bionicle01 Fanatic-Outs, I Found This

Toodles, y'all o/

Every now and again, I go crazy over Bionicle. Especially years 01 to 03. I completely fanatic-out over MNOG, and start browsing the web and the Wayback machine for old 2001 nostalgic stuff. On one such trip, I found this:

http://kellyjmckiernan.com/matanui/

It's an old fan site from the earliest years, detailing a fictitious expedition to an island previously inhabited by Matoran and Toa. It's interesting seeing the Bionicle world from a fan's perspective back in the day (i never got to experience the golden age of Bionicle, only getting into them in 2008).

So yah. Just thought I'd drag out this little blast from the past. [:P]

• Upvote 5

cLT23Pz.png

The whole concept sounds like a cool novel, maybe taking place just as the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran travel to Metru Nui.

• Upvote 1

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

This actually is what won Kelly (Binkmeister) the solid Gold Hau back in 2001! Presumably this also led to his employment as BIONICLE.com's webmaster years later.

I forgot he had an archive, though, I was looking for this the other day...

• Upvote 7

This is a really cool project. Love the effort put into this. Good to see the old days still be appreciated

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This actually is what won Kelly (Binkmeister) the solid Gold Hau back in 2001! Presumably this also led to his employment as BIONICLE.com's webmaster years later.

I think Bink's ongoing management of BZP in the interim years probably contributed more to him getting the Bionicle.com webmaster job than the small fansite he created for a contest back in the day.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Very well done.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I think Bink's ongoing management of BZP in the interim years probably contributed more to him getting the Bionicle.com webmaster job than the small fansite he created for a contest back in the day.

I meant more generally that it put him on the path to recognition, rather than being his actual qualification, but you're right; let the server burping never be forgotten!

Well, according to the balance of probability, and some half-remembered snippets from the way back machine, the competition was about designing a website about Bionicle. Which seems an unlikely choice for Lego, but as I said... Balance of probability.

Yeah, you've got it. Here's the announcement in BIONICLE #2.

Bink won the 13+ category, here's the winner for 12 and under - unfortunately it isn't as well-preserved. I recall a link to it somewhere but a lot of it is broken. 

There's also Gali's Game Zone, a classic that I remember being created for this contest. Still online after all these years!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Well, according to the balance of probability, and some half-remembered snippets from the way back machine, the competition was about designing a website about Bionicle. Which seems an unlikely choice for Lego, but as I said... Balance of probability.

Yeah, you've got it. Here's the announcement in BIONICLE #2.

Bink won the 13+ category, here's the winner for 12 and under - unfortunately it isn't as well-preserved. I recall a link to it somewhere but a lot of it is broken. 

There's also Gali's Game Zone, a classic that I remember being created for this contest. Still online after all these years!

BIONICLE PC Game... Oooooh, god right in the feels.... I guess that prize never happened... So much promised turned to lies.

Anyway, it's cool to see such a thing from so long ago now, it brings back great memories but makes me feel awful that G2 thus far hasn't had such a contest of this caliber. I mean, there have been contest, but non of the likes of those of old. Just MOC and Art contests, not something unique like a Website Creation Contest, or the like. Ah, oh well.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Its soo cool seeing one of these websites still up to this DAY this is a good fan attemps of making Mata Nui a real location similar to what Universal did with the Jurrassic World website.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe