Oh man, I love the 3DS. I have Pushmo and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for it, and they are awesome.I want to get another game from the eShop, but I can't decide between Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV, or Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword. Any suggestions?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Just accidentally found an infinite play coins glitch. If you change the date and then change it back to the current date, your play coin daily limit is reset, so you can get much more coins per day without really changing the date. Got 40+ today.

Edited by Terminus24

The only problem, is that it also resets how long you have to wait to streetpass with the same person again. But if that's no problem, then I myself say 'go ahead'; that should have been the way it was from the start... More like the Pokewalker. In fact, if they could send a patch through along with adding even more stuff that used play coins, I'd bet no-one would complain. Especially if they also raised the limit. Over 9000 would be good.

Just accidentally found an infinite play coins glitch. If you change the date and then change it back to the current date, your play coin daily limit is reset, so you can get much more coins per day without really changing the date. Got 40+ today.

I figured that out back in March...

How does this affect the pedometer function? Do you lose the steps you had?

No, it keeps your number of steps for the day, but will give you play coins for every 100, even if you already got ten for the day.

Wondering, anyone else used Nintendo Zone yet?I find it really pointless, as I was first able to use it at McDonald's while eating my breakfast earlier, and most of the stuff is on the eShop, besides the Trivia. However, the connection was very slow (even though I had a very good connection), with at least 5+ seconds of loading per page, in total thre was more loading time than I actually spent using the service.

Downloaded Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge last night, going to play it soon. I figure a classic MM game would be great for my introduction to the series. Oh Nintendo eShop...Also, congrats to Nintendo for being the only fully backward compatible console manufacturer. Not all original Xbox games are supported on 360 (it's a shame), same with PS2-PS3. Most likely because Microsoft and Sony make plenty besides gaming, so Nintendo is the most focused on the gaming hardware's gaming-ness, as opposed to supporting Zune and such.Still awaiting WiiU for Live-like service...which is Nintendo Network.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

^ Well... To an extent. =P Some DS games won't work on here, due to requiring one of those GBA slot expanders; like if something needed a RAM booster, or the guitar hero add-on. But yeah, you've got a good point there; and Sony did really drop the ball; they nearly had backwards compatibility perfect back with the PS2's PS1 Backwards Compatibility. But, well, they didn't do things right with the PS3, right from the start. =P

There are some games even their respective systems could barely handle. Like a certain Megaman spinoff game, IIRC, the PS2 couldn't even run that.Whereas, with Nintendo, they do perfect BC. The only games that can't be played, are the ones that are literally impossible to play on the console in question, and even those will likely boot up, they just won't be able to be controlled. =PWhereas, the Vita, it can only play games if they're on the PSN, and only if you buy them. Again. Because Sony won't allow you to just get them, regardless of if you have the UMD. If you have them digitally, that's a different story, but for those who actually bought UMDs(Yes, all five of you), then you're out of luck. =P

Bad thing with Nintendo's BC is the new Wii model, which isn't GC compatible. However, most people who buy a Wii now probably don't even know what a "GameCube" is. =PThey should the 3DS the GBA's cartridge slot. Then you will have the perfect BC system, as it will be able to play any Nintendo handheld game released. Ever.

^ That's true. The bad thing about that, however, is that the GC controller is awesome is a lot of situations, though it should've had two more buttons, just to not require silly alternate control schemes, like seen in Goldeneye Wii. =PThe problem with having a GBA Slot 3DS, is that it'd require the built in guts of a GBA. It's the exact reason they removed it; they'd need to have it be very bulky, to have both the DS hardware, the 3DS hardware, and the GBA hardware... And that's not even including if the GB/GBC stuff was it's own piece of BC requiring hardware. =/ It'd be nice, though, since I'd be able to migrate in Gen 4 of Pokemon without having to go back to my old DS Phat.

Sorry to be a topic changer but, has anyone tried out the metal gear demo? It is AMAZING!!! Oh, and quick little story, the other night I walked into gamestop, little did I know it was two minutes till closing time... I was looking at the 3DS games and this dude who worked at gamestop handed me a list with a ton of realese dates strait off the computer!!!! I ended up buying SSF 4 3D edition... I will post the realese dates up here as soon as possible, pretty cool huh?

^ That's true. The bad thing about that, however, is that the GC controller is awesome is a lot of situations, though it should've had two more buttons, just to not require silly alternate control schemes, like seen in Goldeneye Wii. =P

The GCN controller is my all time favorite. It feels like someone molded it just for your hands.

Oh, and quick little story, the other night I walked into gamestop, little did I know it was two minutes till closing time... I was looking at the 3DS games and this dude who worked at gamestop handed me a list with a ton of realese dates strait off the computer!!!! I ended up buying SSF 4 3D edition... I will post the realese dates up here as soon as possible, pretty cool huh?

Luigi's Mansion 2? Please?

I'm getting the CP+ very soon, when I can trade in my old PSP and some stuff at GameStop (anyways, why did that HAVE to be a GS exclusive? It's kinda dumb...). Anyways tried the MGS 3D demo, like the game very much.

I know the second circle pad thing is really dumb, but I do actually kind of want it for Resident Evil: Revelations.

GCN controller is awesome, and I'm glad the 3DS has a similar set up. I simply feel that it should've had two extra buttons, like the CP+ and 3DS combined. For most games, however, I do agree that the buttons the GCC has is perfect. Like Zelda; Wind Waker works perfectly(Though honestly, having a button specifically for the Wind Waker would've been nice. =P), and I bet TP works too, but I haven't played the GCN version of that. =/

GCN controller is awesome, and I'm glad the 3DS has a similar set up. I simply feel that it should've had two extra buttons, like the CP+ and 3DS combined. For most games, however, I do agree that the buttons the GCC has is perfect. Like Zelda; Wind Waker works perfectly(Though honestly, having a button specifically for the Wind Waker would've been nice. =P), and I bet TP works too, but I haven't played the GCN version of that. =/

Luigi's Mansion fit perfectly with the controller.I actually feel the 3DS has a button layout closer to the Classic Controller for Wii, but it's close enough to the 'cube one.

I honestly haven't played that yet. I've only played Wind Waker, since Gamecube games are rare here in Canada apparently. =/It does; but the actual layout of like the Circle pad and such, makes the scheme close enough to the GCC for me. =P Plus, in a way, the extra buttons on the CP+ makes it so that it essentially has the shoulder buttons like the GCC... If you ignore the L button already on the 3DS. =PAlso, I forgot to make a joke... "Revelations"? What's that? I only know of Revelaitons. =POn another note... I just got Tales of the Abyss. =D Can't wait to play, will be starting it up soon. My first Tales game, but I've wanted to play the series since Symphonia. =D

Luckily for me, I'm lacking in the JRPGs, so I decided not to pass it up. Not regretting my choice so far; even though I'm only approximately an hour in(Though part was just me randomly walking around like I always do, to try and find everything myself. =P)

I'll probably get Tales sometime soon, but really want Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (as SMT games are awesome). And I'm waiting for Squeenix to officially announce FFVII: Before Crisis on 3DS (Nomura said he would really want to do that) and a FFVI Remake (as that has also been hinted at).

I am sending in my 3DS for maintenance. I am sure other people have had this problem. The lower screen scratches the upper one, and after nearly a year of getting banged around in my pocket, there are two easily visible scratches running down on the 3D screen. Also, my hinge is loose.I am planning on buying screen protectors to avoid scratches in the future. Are there any screen protectors that you guys recommend for me?

Been busy these past few weeks, so I'm finally getting going on Resident Evil and, once that's done, Tales of the Abyss. Really enjoying RE so far; they really managed to combine the feel of the older RE games with the mechanics of the newer ones.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Just saw the new Kingdom Hearts 3D trailer. Looks like someone threw a triple dose of epicness in my Kingdom Hearts.

That, among anything, will probably force me to get a 3DS, but I'll wait to see if the 10th anniversary bundle (with Days and recoded) is made available in English before actually purchasing a 3DS. Not like I actually have any money for it, but Amazon has a ~50% trade-in value for XL's, so lord knows I might swap it in at some point.