i hate that the browser has no flash support. really? it's 2011, flash is a must.other than that it's pretty cool i guess. probably won't get it for a while, at least not til there's a pokemon game for it. (a real one, rumble doesn't count)

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i hate that the browser has no flash support. really? it's 2011, flash is a must.

Flash is pretty much out-of-date, now.Besides, BZP doesn't need flash, and that's pretty much the only thing I do with it. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

3D is useless to me. My brain dosnt believe in it.And I'm not keen on supporting them right now. And I'm about ready to do that to hasbro.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

SSB's been confirmed for months now, since E3. =PBut a remake of Sapphire, while it hasn't been confirmed, is very likely. But it's not confirmed. =/

Actually, no. The remakes were able to fit into the canon as the remakes and the new game in each generation took place at the same time.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

They could do something to somehow allow communication. I mean, heck, if you can communicate with Orre five years both in the past and future, I think that they can figure out a way to handle any problems that might arise by possible time problems. =P

Well, actually, the only games that are confirmed to happen at the same time, is DPP/HGSS. And that's because the mass amounts of references to each were enough so that everyone was convinced that there'd be GSC remakes, just because of the in-game references.

Thanks guys (I don't watch E3 even though I should.), I was suspecting a re-make after grey version because that's kind the kind of thing that's happened in the past, aside from emerald witch came after firered and leaf green, but every system that comes out, pokemon makes a strange non-pokemon style game, (Pokemon rumble blast for 3DS pokemon pinball for gameboy advance, and pokemon dash for ds.) then comes out with the real deal sooooo, grey, then gen 3 most likely.

I'm thinking that the RS remakes will come before Gray. Remakes have happened on the tenth anniversaries, RS came out in 2003, so if that's going to happen (and I'm pretty sure it will if they've done it twice, though there are a few things different about GenIII that could change that) it's going to happen in 2013. And there hasn't been any news of Gray, so I doubt it's coming out this year. Usually it takes about six months after the Japanese release to come out in the rest of the world, and usually before it's in Japan there's media of it, and before that we get bigger hints than what we have now. Therefore, I'm thinking 2014, since they probably won't release both in 2013. Also, it would make sense that both would be on the 3DS; doing it for a system that's been outdated for 2-3 years doesn't seem like something they'd do--besides, GenV goes with the 3DS anyway, at least in my mind; they've changed systems every generation and I thought almost up until its release that BW was for the 3DS.

button.png

i hate that the browser has no flash support. really? it's 2011, flash is a must.

Flash is pretty much out-of-date, now.Besides, BZP doesn't need flash, and that's pretty much the only thing I do with it. :P
Flash i... uh... kinda vital to almost anything interactive on the internet...

i hate that the browser has no flash support. really? it's 2011, flash is a must.other than that it's pretty cool i guess. probably won't get it for a while, at least not til there's a pokemon game for it. (a real one, rumble doesn't count)

Flash eats up memory too fast for the 3DS. You'd have better luck with a Vita... maybe.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Can anyone recommend any good games for the 3DS? So far I just have Mario Kart and a few 3D NES ans GB games. Not really interested in Pokemon games, since I stopped playing Pokemon at Gold/Silver and already have the remake.

Edited by Serpent of Fire
I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

3DS is pretty scarce on games at the moment. If you really really like Ocarina of Time or if you haven't played it in a while (or if you haven't played it, period) Ocarina of Time 3D is an excellent remake, although there's pretty much no new content, just graphical/control upgrades.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Flash i... uh... kinda vital to almost anything interactive on the internet...

Flash eats up memory too fast for the 3DS. You'd have better luck with a Vita... maybe.
1. But it's still dying, you can't deny that, when everything wishes to make it obsolete nowadays, especially with HTML 5. =P2. I've got a good idea of how to fix that... Make it it's own app; or at least have a separate one for that. So, you know, you could actually browse, even if you have to stop playing for it. =PThe only reason it rips through it's 'memory' in like 10 seconds flat, is because it's a side-run process. Probably one reason the Music Player isn't one of the Side-Run Apps either. =/If they could figure out how to effectively handle memory balances, then maybe we might get a decent side-run Browser... But otherwise, if you want flash, hope that Nintendo releases a 3DSware Browser. =P

It has been confirmed that Generation 1 and 3 occur at about the same time. Generation 2 and 4 happen about three years after. A few years after we have Generation 5. The remakes would happen at the same time as the original games.

About a decade after Gen 4, actually. Gen 5 is about a decade after Gen 4. I remember reading it somewhere.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

It must have been the memory because at one point nintendo said you would be able to watch ####### movies on it, but we see how that turned out!

*cough* Uh, Netflix much?And IIRC, Flash has been pretty much abandoned for mobile devices at this point...Also, am I the only one (besides Tav) who's mildly concerned about the lack of Paper Mario 3D news out of Nintendo...heck, at all? All we've gotten are a couple of (interesting) trailers, but hardly any news....Although Intelligent Systems also makes Fire Emblem, so that might be it. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

It must have been the memory because at one point nintendo said you would be able to watch ####### movies on it, but we see how that turned out!

*cough* Uh, Netflix much?And IIRC, Flash has been pretty much abandoned for mobile devices at this point...Also, am I the only one (besides Tav) who's mildly concerned about the lack of Paper Mario 3D news out of Nintendo...heck, at all? All we've gotten are a couple of (interesting) trailers, but hardly any news....Although Intelligent Systems also makes Fire Emblem, so that might be it. :P
Not really worried about Paper Mario, TBH. I'm not looking forward to it as much as other people. It'll be out when it's out.The lack of Luigi's Mansion 2 news, however, is far more disturbing...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

if anyone was wondering the bleeped out word was a #######! I guess that's the way to put it without the filters freaking out!

Adobe Flash takes WAY more memory then streaming a video from netflix by far! Edited by Than the Moa
Nope, don't get to bypass the word filter

I definitely agree with Flash taking up a ton of memory. And there's no reason for it. Honestly. Why does something need to take up almost 100 MB of memory? Heck, a standalone program would only take up like 15,000k to do stuff like play music or videos, so...But, that's for a whole different topic, as it's not Nintendo's problem. =P

Look at it this way--if we've seen trailers of it, and gone this long without getting more news, they're probably working hard to make it really awesome. I mean, think about how Brawl was delayed several times--they're getting it so that it's just right; no need to rush this stuff. At least, that's what I hope; if it doesn't have a similar feel to TTYD then I'm not getting it.As for Flash, yeah, that's kind of annoying. They need some more apps to get around it.

button.png

I just got a 3DS (as I did not get a DS and I've been behind on handheld technology for years. XD) and it's pretty cool.I downloaded the anniversary Four Swords game (it's pretty fun so far. ^^) as well as Link's Awakening.I got Ocarina of Time 3D and I've already beaten it. The graphics got a huge upgrade and the game was a great piece of nostalgia. ^^ I loved the new features to it, like moving the 3DS to aim your slingshot/bow/hookshot. It moved instantaneously so the control stick didn't slow you down while playing. I have yet to really play the Master Quest version, though. I think I'll save it for a rainy day (but it's promising based on the first dungeon).I have yet to get the Mii Plaza to work... at all... -.-My brother got a 3DS as well and we set ours both to spotpass, but nothing happened as of yet. Anyone have any advise? ><Let's see... I also downloaded the 3D Pokedex for Black and White and it's pretty cool. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Huh. Well, that goes to show my lack of knowledge with Streetpass; I haven't had a tag yet, though, technically I also haven't been carrying it anywhere. =P Once I fix that bumper problem, I might just start, but, who knows. =P

Hey, guys? (I'm the topic starter who hasn't posted much here btw :P) Dissapointing news. I think Pokemon Gray has been bumped back awhile, because in 2012, a new title is coming-a crossover. Normally those are great, but this one is a crossover between Pokemon and a Japanese-only series Nobunaga's Ambition. Not only that, its on regular DS. And since NA is Japan-only (Heh, NA, North America, Japan...) it might be Japan only. Grey is still coming, but it has been pushed back, thanks to [removed].Sad. Also, KH: DDD seems cool, but in the long run, it just delays KH3. They coulda just made KH: DDD for home consoles (WiiU, 360, PS3, PC) and called it KH3. Well...I guess KH3 will take a lot of time.Also I like that idea from awhile back of connecting your 3DS copy of SSB to your WiiU one and getting an exclusive character. Possibly the much-craved Geno? Hmm? Or a character whose only been on Nintendo handhelds, but could be on home thansk to having 3DS and WiiU.

Edited by Makaru
site with forums removed.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

1. I wasn't aware that Grey was announced to begin with. =P It does seem interesting, but again, that only matters if it, you know, comes out here. xD2. Well, technically I think that's more being held up by Versus XIII not being out still, so, I don't think that 3D will hurt anything. =P Gives me more time to maybe finally play 1 and 2, as well. =P3. That might be interesting, but I'm happy so long as Megaman gets into SSB4. =P Preferably on both consoles, since I doubt I'll have a Wii U for a looooong while. xD

I'm pretty sure that KH3 won't even begin development until Versus is done, so KH3D holds up nothing, and makes the wait a bit less painful... BUT it is also supposed to be the last new KH game until 3, so hopefully we'll see 1+2 HD...Also, since I've had my 3DS, I got 6 streetpass tags before Christmas (about 5 months) and got 10 the week after... It seems that the 3DS was a popular gift, and streetpass tags should be getting more common since there are over 4,000,000 of them out there.

Edited by Terminus24

Grey hasn't been announced, however, according to Famitsu The Pokemon Company has said to expect more great games in 2012 than they had in 2011. So, we might get a few Pokemon games this year. Or at least Japan will.Also, odds are with Smash Bros. the characters will be the same for both, especially if there is connectivity between the two. Hopefully we will hear something at E3, but I doubt that we will hear anything, especially since development won't start until March. April at the earliest.

First, it should be set to STREETPASS on, and second, my sister has a 3DS, but it only does Streetpass once a day, it helps if there's a good distance between the systems it seems, I dont know.. it seems a bit random.~PowerMiner~

He's right, it's StreetPass, but you need to be within twenty feet of the other console, AFAIK. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]