The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

At this rate, Rover's going be the host or co-host of every RPG in the forum. :P

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I kind of want to co-host the Star Wars thing, but I don't know how well that would really turn out. I did almost nothing every other time I co-hosted something, but I don't even know if that means anything.Though I do have a fairly decent knowledge of Star Wars stuff (even though most of it's Rebellion Era or later), and haven't really kept up with any of it in a few years.I dunno, I'd like to try if you'll let me but if not that's fine.

Edited by Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

How exactly do you have an eldritch pit of blood? What exactly makes the pit of blood eldritch? Is an elder god bathing in it? Are we going to disturb the poor sod's privacy?Ahem. Back to topic.I feel it must be pointed out both here and in the eventually draft that in the Runic RPG, there will be risks. If you tinker too fast and too careless with the arcane, you're going get your digits blown off or worse. If you attempt to seize power and fail, your head is probably going to emulate the King of France's. There is no galactic reset button, decisions have consequences... really basic stuff, but I don't see a lot of it in RPGs.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Kothra. Well, I don't want Rover to be overworked. If he has no objections...consider yourself hired.Now we just need a pint of your blood for the contract.EDIT: Because I filled it with the blood of Dagon. After I ate him.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I have no objections to Kothra acting as the official co-host, and I have little doubt that his knowledge of Star Wars - even pre-Rebellion - is greater than mine.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You have those as well? I've got a few old SW RP books around and some guides I bought awhile back. Along with some Wiki articles.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

As this game is set in 44 BBY, nearly 1,000 years after the end of the Old Republic, I am sure you will be considered as a consultant on a case-by-case basis.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So, just before the prequels, right?

voidstars.png

Yep. Around 8 years before Naboo. Which will be introduced in the form of news reports and may or may not play out differently. Jar Jar Binks will die however. This is not negotiable.

The Z-95 is what you get if you're sure it's a job for a fighter instead of, say, an AEG-77 armed transport, yeah.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I am perfectly alright with Jar Jar Binks dying a horrific and cruel death, so long as that epic battle with Maul at the end isn't interfered with.That brings me to wonder; how will players with special skills like what Maul possessed be handled? My thought is that the double bladed lightsaber is absurdly impractical unless you're the right species and very in tune with the Force, but I'm sure there's other stuff in the SW universe that works similarly on the cool but impractical unless you're x y and z.

voidstars.png

I'm be playing it fast and loose with the ships and such as. In general, unless it's something that definitely wasn't around before Naboo, I'll let you have it.EDIT: Lightsabers are a bad idea unless you happen to be a Force User. The thing that lets them deflect blaster bolts so quickly? The force. Without it they'd be gently steaming meat.

Edited by Basilisk

That's why my character was built around "I have a lightsaber now what do I do with it?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

If you have the military budget of the Galactic Empire, sure.

voidstars.png

Kind of. The design wasn't around till the prequels. But if you want to try to design something that does something like it, go right ahead. But you'll need enough credits to buy and sell half the galaxy first.

The final battle with Darth Maul was an excellent example of terrible choreography. Remember kids, aim for your opponent's blade, otherwise someone might get hurt! If he's fallen and needs time to get up, swing your sword at the floor like a moron! Above all else, jump around like a jackrabbit on meth, accomplishing nothing so you can look kind of cool.But yeah, lightsaber minus Force=bad.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The way it's looking now, most of the southern Outer Rim will be open for play no matter the circumstances. It's a bit more then I intended, but it'll make it so getting more then fifty million credits together isn't almost impossible. More planets, more resources etc.Xom: Hock it to the highest bidder. :P

I'm saying if we are a Jedi/Sith.Actually, is it possible to draw from both sides of the Force? I've always wondered that, but nothing I've read in the EU has answered that. Can you have a grey Force user?

voidstars.png

The official canon is: The Dark Side is EVIL! Even if you use it to save a child! It's EVIL! Also it has an anthropomorphic personification! And he's EVIL!Needless to say, we'll be ignoring that.

Edited by Basilisk

So I can be Sir Force User the Grey?

voidstars.png

The latest novels haven't so much jumped the shark as killed it's mother, made it eat her and then shot the shark. Just because.Sir Force Adept the Grey perhaps.

Edited by Basilisk

Rover, the idea was that he's looking for the highest bidder; no one will buy it legitimately, because the implications of a lightsaber without a Jedi to go with it are...bad, to say the least. This drives him into the criminal setting centric to this setting.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Hmm. Maybe Sir Spice Merchant/Smuggler the Grey. Get a good load of spices in the Outer Rim and you're set to go for the next few years. Just gotta avoid pirates. Or kill the pirates and take their spices.

voidstars.png

I was referring more to someone who isn't a Force-user and trained in use of a lightsaber trying to use a lightsaber - the reasons why fencing one would be difficult are quite different.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Alright. I've been thinking, the other three RPG's had an open galaxy and did just fine. Would you the players whose opinions I pretend to care about be interested in an open galaxy or a just a single sector or two?

Edited by Basilisk

Would, the GM whose word is, law on these, matters, care to, place commas, correctly?SHATNERAhem.I don't much care either way. An open galaxy has its advantages, I suppose.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd suggest doing what me and Rover going do in the Runic RPG; you're welcome to start anywhere on the planet, just be aware that if you start out alone, you're going be kinda stuck.Shouldn't be as much a problem once I kick off the void-eldritch portal plot, but I'm not sure what'd be the equivalent in Star Wars.

voidstars.png

Closed sector, just one. Open galaxies lead to us being thousands of light years apart, no chance to reach each other except by hyperdrive.

-Rover