Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

I think i've figured out this Gavla.He isn't the villain. He's more of an Anti-Hero.Even though he went around killing a ton of Matoran, and blew up an island, the island was the main weapons distributer, and now he's yelling at the Toa for not being able to kill Teridax.I wonder what happened to this Gavla to make him feel this way, this angry.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

I think i've figured out this Gavla.He isn't the villain. He's more of an Anti-Hero.Even though he went around killing a ton of Matoran, and blew up an island, the island was the main weapons distributer, and now he's yelling at the Toa for not being able to kill Teridax.I wonder what happened to this Gavla to make him feel this way, this angry.
I think you're looking at this wrong. Gavla is not an anti-hero in any fashion. He's a villain, if not a complete monster. It's clear, cut and simple.Gav did not destroy the island because they sold weapons to bad people. The thought probably never crossed his mind. He destroyed it because that's where all the Vortixx lived. Acts of genocide are hardly concidered acts of good.Also, while blaming the toa for not defeating Teridax could be a reason why he's tormenting them, it's not the only reason and it would not forgive all his previous actions. If the toa wasn't a toa, he would have just killed him like all his other victims.While this Gavla could have some underlying heroic motivations, it still does not paint him as a good guy, even as an anti-hero. Take Amon, from the The Legend of Korra, for example. He believed that bending of the elements was the source of all the world's ills, and that "benders" were opressing "non-benders." While there was some truth to the latter, he did not try to fix this through peaceful manners. No, he used terrorist tactics to achive his goals and caused an all-out war that ravaged the city. Amon's method to achive equality was to annihlate all the non-benders out of existence.Even if all of this Gavla's actions have justice intentions, and boy is that a stretch, he still murders people en mass, cares little for the people around him, and is still continueing to do so with no signs of stopping.The only reason why he might not be considered a villain is because there's no hero to stop Gav.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I think you're looking at this wrong. Gavla is not an anti-hero in any fashion. He's a villain, if not a complete monster. It's clear, cut and simple.Gav did not destroy the island because they sold weapons to bad people. The thought probably never crossed his mind. He destroyed it because that's where all the Vortixx lived. Acts of genocide are hardly concidered acts of good.Also, while blaming the toa for not defeating Teridax could be a reason why he's tormenting them, it's not the only reason and it would not forgive all his previous actions. If the toa wasn't a toa, he would have just killed him like all his other victims.While this Gavla could have some underlying heroic motivations, it still does not paint him as a good guy, even as an anti-hero. Take Amon, from the The Legend of Korra, for example. He believed that bending of the elements was the source of all the world's ills, and that "benders" were opressing "non-benders." While there was some truth to the latter, he did not try to fix this through peaceful manners. No, he used terrorist tactics to achive his goals and caused an all-out war that ravaged the city. Amon's method to achive equality was to annihlate all the non-benders out of existence.Even if all of this Gavla's actions have justice intentions, and boy is that a stretch, he still murders people en mass, cares little for the people around him, and is still continueing to do so with no signs of stopping.The only reason why he might not be considered a villain is because there's no hero to stop Gav.
Point taken, but why would there be some heroic acts underneath all of the murderous hate?Even though he slaughters people without a second thought, one could say the power of the staff is giving him the mentality of some sorta "God Complex".There's no doubt he's a horrid person for slaughtering millions, but had he not been given the staff, nor the gun, how would he have ended out?It seems that the universe is "editing" itself in Gavla's favor, as if it WANTS Gavla to be a murderous psychopath.But, I am most likely wrong, so don't take anything I said to strongly XD

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Hence the name Electric Blues. But the staff is just so much more... pleasantly morbid for this saga! Glad you chose it.I like the characterization between Chilly and Gav in this as well. It gives them both a lot more depth as characters. And now a blender arm comic must happen. :3@Chath I think the universe is a bit indifferent about whether Gav murders or not, as long as MG doesn't get out. That was the whole point everything was "rebooted", and as long as Gav doesn't start to threaten the well-being of the entire universe, it isn't going to take any action against him.

[Cyrix]

Hey guys. Listen.One of our dogs is up at the vet hospital outside my state. It seems that when my mother was watching him, he ate something. A bit of cloth, maybe. Now it's kinda.. blocking him.So.. he's currently being worked on to see if he can.. pass it. If not, he'll need surgery. So please understand that things are kinda.. brutal over here.Bug FoodHope you guys understand, I don't want to be on the computer much encase we have to run up there. So forgive me if the next few day's content is short.

lovewarconga2.png

Hey guys. Listen.One of our dogs is up at the vet hospital outside my state. It seems that when my mother was watching him, he ate something. A bit of cloth, maybe. Now it's kinda.. blocking him.So.. he's currently being worked on to see if he can.. pass it. If not, he'll need surgery. So please understand that things are kinda.. brutal over here.Bug FoodHope you guys understand, I don't want to be on the computer much encase we have to run up there. So forgive me if the next few day's content is short.
Well, I hope everything turns out all right.Tell your dog Chath says good luck. Or not. I would completely understand why you wouldn't.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Thanks.He's doing better, we got to bring him home today. He should be alright, though I was busy helping to take care of him/get him relaxed back home.So again, sorry for the shortish comic. Consider it taking place between the scenes.FishyBy the way, the big V in the title is five, right? We're on Season Five, right?I keep forgetting.

lovewarconga2.png

I imagine every universe to have a Gurkfish.Comic-Electric Blues: Part 22Also, have some saga "art".
In the Art is that what the brown Matorans name is? Gumshoe?

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.