Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC:Ardor:He carefully walked around the stone building. What is this place, he wondered. He wanted to go deeper in but he did not like tight places or even closed in spaces. So he turned around and left. He walked across the bridge disappointed in himself.Aphotic:She walked through the forest quickly and she did not really know where she was going but she did not care. She just wanted away from the chattery Le-Matoran and there offbeat speach patterns. She wanted to go to a library or somewhere to read but she could not think of any at the moment. She always felt as if she was being shunned and ignored but it was just the darkness talking. Sometimes she grew tired of it but she knew there had to be a reason and one day she would know it.Glacier:He left the village of ice but he did not let anyone know. Why should I be cold hearted like them. Just because I am bonded with ice and cold does not mean I must act like that. He was in a negative place and that was a major reason for his sudden trip. He was tired of the cold weather and the cold people and the lack of conversation.

Edited by infinitus

Japack/Ga-Wahi-Ko-Wahi Border, Speaking with VasilcIC:

"Alrighty, firs' mate Vasilc! Good thing I made me ship large enough to support others!" replied Japack, swaggering to the nearby boat hidden in some brush. "If ye don' know da ropes of da ship, den ye'll have t' jus' learn on dis journey."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC-Kalg'roch'intera:Kalg'roch'intera, better known as Grochi, was walking through the forests of Le Wahi, up on a causeway just outside of the City of Trees. He had just finished playing at a small outlying restaurant, and so, with a somewhat-better-filled coinpurse, was walking towards the City to see what he might be able to buy.***Just to surprise people, Grochi backflipped through the city gates with the help of his quarterstaff, doing no damage to any of his instruments. Well, he thought, time for another happy day.OOC: Grochi, up for interaction.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]Vasilc nodded. She joined Japack beside the boat, then glanced towards the too-thin river that ran through the valley."This joins with another river some way up ahead. It should be wide enough for the boat there," Vasilc offered. She crouched down and clutched the side of the craft, ready to help carry it.OOC: How big is this boat? I'm imagining something of similar scale to the MNOLG one.

OOC: Eh, sounds about right. About two-thirds that size, though.

Japack/Ga-Wahi-Ko-Wahi Border, Speaking with VasilcIC:

"No need fer dat, Vasilc. Watch da secrets of da trade," said Japack quickly unfurling the rather large sail while turning on the motor. "Hop aboard da Mudflow, Firs' Mate. Dis baby's made fer shallow water, da river of sand, and anythin' else thrown at it." Sure enough, as Japack said his proud little speech, the boat seemed to raise itself to the very top of the the shallow stream. If Vasilc looked, she could see long, wide, strong, tear-resistant airbladders and a few mechanized paddles as the reason for its being afloat. He tossed a short rope ladder over the side as it slowly began to move forward. "Grab 'hold before she gets goin'!"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Village Streets, Trying and Failing to Incorporate HerselfIC:

Windfly dodged a person, dodged another, and leaped over a third. She ended up perched on a sign, swinging back and forth, hissing at the matoran below. Then, getting a hold of herself, she said, "Er... sorry. I have some rahi-like characteristics, and I don't like crowds," she said to the person she had just insulted. The matoran just pointed and laughed as he walked away. Her smile faded and she hissed again before leaping to the street.

IC-Grochi:Grochi, walking around and playing a small mandolin, noticed a matoran leaping and spinning around, trying to avoid the others walking around. He just smiled, then, concentrating on his disk, he yelled."Hello over there!" So saying, he startled many people around him and through the street, and definitely surprising the rather athletic matoran he saw dancing through the crowd. Running up to her, "I hope you're having a good day," he said, smiling widely, "Because mine just got better."OOC: By the way, he has a bit of a British accent. Because that's how I thought he'd say that line. :P

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Village Streets, Trying and Failing to Incorporate HerselfIC:

Windfly leaped onto a low branch, scared from her mind. "I... hissss... I... Sorry? What did you, uh, say?" shesaid as she lowered herself to the street once again.

IC-Grochi:Unlike the other matoran who were all laughing at the strange one in their midst, Grochi just smiled."I said," Grochi began to repeat himself, "I hope you're having a good day, because mine just got better! I'm Grochi, by the way. At least, that's what everybody calls me." So saying, Grochi held out his hand. "And, pray tell, what would your name be?"

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Village Streets, Trying and Failing to Incorporate Herself, Talking to GrochiIC:

Windfly looked at the hand for a moment and then, remembering that shaking hands was a matoran tradition, she extended hers and cautiously took his. "I'm... Windfly. Or, at least, that's what I call myself now. I forgot my name... Wait, how did your day just get better?"

IC-Grochi:Grochi smiled at this strange new matoran he had met. Strange, he thought, that she acted and ran like a rahi, yet was still most definitely a matoran.A rather funny, yet naive matoran."Well, Windfly, meeting somebody new always makes my day better. How is yours going right about now?"

profiles i guess

IC: Calik - City of Fire - Talking to OuraCalik shrugged, 'I'm doing good out there. I'm just doing it for a fee. Got a problem with that?'-Void

IC Oura - City of Fire - Talking to Calik: "Only if you're causing trouble," the Matoran said, wondering how he got into such a drawn out conversation with a complete stranger. However that happened, Oura needed to get back to his 'job'. "You say you're a vigilante, like me. Are you employed by anyone, or do you just hire yourself out to the needy?" he asked, thinking it strange to save someone's life, and then ask for payment in return. However morally confused this person might be, Oura figured he would make a good teammate to fight alongside, as long as he didn't cause any trouble, that is.-Oura

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Village Streets, Trying and Failing to Incorporate Herself, Talking to GrochiIC:

Windfly was both happy and angry that the crowd was giving them plenty of room. She crouched to a comfortable position before saying, "I... don't know. What makes a day good or bad? I haven't been in civilization for centuries, so my perception is skewed. I think a perfect day is a day swinging through trees with brakas, racing muaka, and helping trees grow. But is that weird?"

IC-Grochi:"In my opinion, not really, you just take it to a farther extreme than the rest of us Le-Matoran do. The only part of what you said that we don't do is racing Muaka." After saying that, Grochi's stomach started grumbling. He just laughed. "Oh dear," he said, "It seems that I'm getting a little hungry right now. If you want, you can come with me back to my hut. It's just on the other side of this big tree."Without waiting for an answer, he started to walk off through the city, expecting Windfly to follow after him.

profiles i guess

Well, this might be her first friend in forevever. Or he may take advantage of her lack of street knowlege. Well, if he did try that, she had her dirks and her disk, so she could take care of him easily. Thus, figuring that it was the best option, she walked very close behind the matoran, not wanting to bump into someone and not wanting to lose him. "You, uh, said you're name was Grochi?"

IC-Grochi:And, as I knew she would, she decided to follow me after all. After hearing her question, he chuckled."Yes," he said, "The shortened version of my full name is Grochi, and most people find it easier to call me that. I wonder, do you like music at all?" Upon seeing Windfly's perplexed expression, he decided to explain his question."You see," he began, "I'm a traveling musician, and I have been looking for a partner for a while now. As you must know, it is somewhat annoying to try and find other talented people these days, who are willing to put in the time and effort needed to pursue the study. That, and if you're going to be traveling with me, for however short a while, I'm going to be playing some short tunes." Saying that, he pulled a lute out of its case and began to play a small reel."Also, in my line of work, I do get paid a rather large sum most of the time, so there's another incentive to learn." Then he chuckled to himself. "There are also people who try to steal my pay from me, and they've been getting cleverer and cleverer as they try to take my money. I must say, some extra protection, especially from a wild one like yourself, would be rather helpful."

profiles i guess

Windfly raised her eyebrow. This guy liked to ramble, for sure. She couldn't figure if he was toying with her or sincerely trying to help. Or a mixture. "Er... I can speak rahi. The birds can sing in an exceptionally beautiful fashion."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

IC-Grochi:Upon hearing Windfly speaking about birdsong, he stopped, and turned around incredulously."You mean to tell me, that you, a Matoran like me, can understand the rahi? Why, that must be the most amazing thing I've heard in a long while. Come, you must tell me more!" As he was speaking, Grochi grabbed Windfly's hand and started running, dragging her after him.Why, if I could understand birdsong and the rest of what Rahi may speak, that would add a depth to my music that has never been the-oh, wait, we're here! "Ah, finally, some food!" Grochi exclaimed, dragging Windfly into his hut with him, and he started walking to his kitchen. "So," he asked her, "Would you like a sandwich, or are you not hungry?"

profiles i guess

IC: Calik - City of Fire - Talking to OuraCalik stared at the newcomer for a while. Who was this guy? What was his deal?'I don't know what kind of idealism you've deluded yourself with, but this is the real world,' he said, a harsh expression carved onto his face.A moment later, the Matoran's expression softened, and he leaned back, 'Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped.'He smiled slightly, 'For the record, I'm usually employed by someone, who generally needs someone to 'disappear'. However, I have a code of honour, and will only 'deal with' the people who truly deserve it. I don't harm anyone who doesn't have to be hurt.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

If Grochi paused for a moment, he would have noticed deep nail marks in his arm's armor. Windfly was rather uncomfortable being dragged with him, and, thus, had reacted accordingly. She hissed for a moment before replying, "I can communicate and immitate. I do not know if I actually speak their language. And a... sandwich? Why would I eat an evil female weilder of sand?"

IC-Grochi:Grochi just chuckled at what Windfly said, the nail marks in his armour annoying him not at all. After all, he'd been in fights enough when he was younger that he had more than his fair share of scars."Not a sand-witch, Windfly, a sandwich. Two loaves of bread with whatever you want to eat put in between them, with various vegetables and condiments added as you want. Here, try a simple one," he said, and handed her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Trust me, you'll probably like it. It's a whole meal in one."

profiles i guess

Before taking a bite, Windfly sniffed it multiple times. Then she licked the bread. Tasting nothing wrong, she opened it and licked the jelly. Woah! That was sweet! Seemed good, though. And the peanut butter was also satisfactory. Thus, she closed the sandwich again and took a small bite. After swallowing, she said, "This is... good, I guess..."

IC-Grochi:Smiling, Grochi said, "Good to see you like it. Well, if that's the case, is there anywhere you were planning on going? I really would like to see you speaking to birds and all." Grochi was just thinking about all the musical possibilities that could result from his learning to speak as a bird would...ah, bliss, it was, that he could find somebody so knowledgeable and yet naive about music.

profiles i guess

"I... do not know to where I was going. I was trying to fit into the crowd, I think. I do not think I was doing well, either," responded Windfly before she took another, larger bite.

IC-Grochi:"Well," Grochi said, happy to see that Windfly liked not only the sandwich, but also all of his homemade ingredients, "I could help you with that if you just come along with me. I, myself, was headed to Po-Wahi for another gig, that and I always love seeing the river of sand there. Would you like to come along? Po-Matoran are generally accepting of pretty much everybody, no matter how odd."Grochi wondered how he managed to make friends (at least, in his opinion,) so quickly with somebody so...different from most Matoran. It was odd to him, yet he found he was starting to like this rather eccentric Rahi-girl.

profiles i guess

"A... gig? Something related to music? And... out of Le-Wahi? Out of the forest? Away from all the rahi and plants that I love?"

IC-Grochi:Just now was Grochi beginning to realize the connection Windfly had to this forest. He figured he would still try to get her to travel with him, though."Yes, it is something related to music, it is a concert. And, if you leave the forest, you will get to see some new plants and meet some new Rahi, and tell them all about Le-wahi, if you wish. In fact, they might even want to visit your Rahi friends here!"Saying that, Grochi realized how nonsensical what he said was. Most Rahi were fiercely territorial...

profiles i guess

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ko-Wahi/Ga-Wahi fringe]Vasilc clambered up the rope ladder, reaching the deck just as the Mudflow began to move. She remained at the edge, peering over the side as the strange craft began its journey.

"I do not think these rahi would accept other rahi. I do not think they would accept me with the scent of other rahi upon my body. I do not think other rahi would accept me. But... I may come to see plantlife. How many plants are there in Po-Wahi?" she asked, thinking the city of stone probably didn't hold much.

IC-Grochi:"Well," he said carefully, "There aren't very many, but the ones that are there are rather odd compared to other plants. Besides, you could always talk to some Mahi or other docile rahi in the City of Stone."He was desperately trying to convince her to come with him, if only because hours of travel with nobody by your side was rather boring. How am I supposed to make her come? He thought to himself, then he came up with an idea. "Think about it this way," he started. "If you come with me, I'll teach you how to make my homemade jelly!"I hope this works.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

"Er... why? I don't really want to learn that. It's good, but I do prefer meat. But if you insist, I shall come to this 'gig' of yours," responded the matoran, popping the last bit of sandwich in her mouth.

"Why would you want meat as sweet as jelly? The flavors would not mix very well," she commented as she quickly adjusted her small shoulder bag. It was made of leaves and contained a few old widgets, a muaka's tooth, and a gukko's feather.

IC-Grochi:"You would be surprised," Grochi said to her. "It actually doesn't impart that much sweetness to it, more of a slight hint that adds a nice, subtle aroma to the meat," he said, explaining some of his culinary expertise as well."But enough of that, we need to head off!" He said happily, then grabbed his instruments and walked out of the hut.OOC: Looking for a good sailor...anybody know one?

profiles i guess

OOC: We could say this was past tense and, thus, they could stumble upon Japack and Vasilc just as those two are setting sail. =P

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Grochi's Hut, Talking to GrochiIC:

"Hmm... I guess I could try it some time in the future," said the matoran, shrugging. She then followed Grochi out the door of the hut, completely oblivious that she was supposed to close it.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

OOC: Good idea.IC-Grochi:As Windfly walked out, he noticed that she hadn't closed or locked the hut. He just laughed slightly and did so."Lesson number one," he said to Windfly as they walked off towards the sea, "Always close the doors and lock them if you're the last person to leave. People steal things in normal society, and it is very annoying to get that taken care of."OOC: You get to be the one to lead us to them.

profiles i guess

Windfly/Le-Wahi, Grochi's Hut, Talking to GrochiIC:

Windfly mentally kicked herself she really was oblivious to society. "Oh, uh, sorry. I didn't know that..." she muttered, turning and walking north.

Windfly/Le-Wahi, En Route to Po-Wahi with GrochiIC:

Windfly hadn't been out of the forest boundaries in forever, but she had ventured long ago. She had a vague map of the island in her brain, and she knew the forest itself better than likely anyone else. Thus, she sped through the forest once she had left the town. Of course, she went slow enough for Grochi to keep pace, but would have gone much faster if it was her choice.