The Official Minecraft Topic

Get pocket edition, Its cheaper, and has less features, but is close to current minecraft.
Pocket edition isn't worth it. buy the full game for pc and you'll thank me later.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yeah, you're going to want all of the features PC Minecraft has, plus access to all of the mods (like the Technic Pack) and texture packs that can be applied to it.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Would it be worth not getting luigis' mansion: dark moon? (when it comes out)
100% yes
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Definitely. The game has limitless replay value.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Yep.Meanwhile, recent events in Technic (discovery of a patch of Tainted land less than a kilometer from Archimedes Base) have forced me to begin construction on Lovecraft Base. The eventual goal, for now, is just the technology required to clean a tainted area, though of course the end goal is to be able to open an Eldritch Monolith. So far Lovecraft base consists purely of a library (with Quaesitum) and an obsidian courtyard in front of the small library. A second library, a study (safe room with appropriate security measures) and a Thaumic workroom are all planned, of course.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Be forewarned, it could take ages to clean up that patch. You have to drop the ambient taint level to prevent it from just recreating itself. The method I've been using is a Vis condenser with concentrated evil equipped, filters and purifiers attached to it and absorbing the taint directly out of the air with tainted crystals. It works, but its slow. Thinking about making a second crystallizer to corrupt crystals with.Been thinking about just spamming the place with purity potions for the the heck of it just to see what happens, but I don't want to waste my silver leaves...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Of course. First, though, I have to get Thaumcraft basics, since I've been avoiding - for safety reasons - working on Thaumcraft at Archimedes Base.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What biome is Lovecraft base in? I've noticed that Deserts have low vis levels and jungles have high ones. Its a nice touch that the modder put in.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I put it in a desert, actually. Using a nifty patch that gives TC items EMC values, though, I can easily use Silverwood trees to boost the local aura, if you think that's necessary.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

While you guys have been doing that stuff, I have officially researched all forbidden knowledge in Thaumcraft, and am working my way towards getting on lost and tainted. I have one more thing in tainted to do, then lost.. a dozen or so. Eldritch is going be harder, as I haven't raided many monoliths yet.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Speaking of research, how long did it take you to get a Brain-in-a-Jar theory? The wiki says that it's a 20% chance to get it from researching Zombie Brains, but I've run through nearly a stack of the things so far.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I got it pretty 'quickly', but that was after researching a lot of forbidden knowledge. My strategy is researching two theories, then researching them. Due to my infinite supply of zombie brains, it's pretty easy to do. Try that, you should get it then. Have a forbidden fragment in the top slot and brains in the bottom two.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Yeah, turns out the Dark Infuser is a prerequisite for the Brain-in-a-Jar.So, now it's time for me to build the space for the second library, thaumic workroom, and, I suppose, the study.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

How did you guys install that emc patch? I've been trying to get it to work, but either I'm shoving it into the wrong .jars or I'm going about it wrong completely.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Make sure you're installing the right one, first of all, then, make sure you're putting it into the minecraft.jar in your bin folder inside of the TechnicSSP folder.

voidstars.png

I'm definitely using the wrong version, then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Got it. Turns out I had the right version and .jar, I was just being an cool dude and forgot to delete Meta-Inf >.>

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Huh. When I did it, I didn't have to delete Meta-Inf. Pretty sure Technic is supposed to do that for you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Eeeeerm, Technic does delete the Meta-Inf.You sure you've got it in the right minecraft.jar? 0.o

voidstars.png

Definitely. I placed the file back where I originally tried it, and deleted meta-inf. That was the only thing different from the last attempt.My computer just likes to be awkward sometimes, it seems.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

The building that will represent the core of my activities at Lovecraft Base is complete. Unfortunately, I really can't find a good angle to take a screenshot of it from, so pictures of the base may have to wait.Next step is building the Silverwood Trees that will more-or-less fill the courtyard.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Situations like that are why I'm aiming to craft Swiftwolf's Rending Gale. I need to be able to fly soon, and the Sword of the Zephyr is only likely to get me killed ._.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I'm going to need to craft two of that particular ring fairly soon, since I've decided that the Hurricane Boots are the first bit of Gem Armor I'm going to make.Meanwhile, I've built enough Silverwood Trees at Lovecraft Base. Time to research Tainted Knowledge, so I can start work on my Crystal Farm.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It seems the taint levels in the corrupted region have finally dropped to terminal levels. All the tainted land is dying off and reverting to its natural state. I may have to create one more piece of concentrated evil to get rid of one small square area that doesn't want to shift, but other than that, I'll be replanting the destroyed jungle pretty soon.I've also found another jungle far up north, and have created a thaumic portal between here and there just outside of it. Theres nothing up there yet, though. Right now I'm just trying to think about how to build my home area to be interesting while still keeping with the tunnel/node motif.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I've set up, in the near-center of a tainted area, an array consisting of four Vis Condensers [with Concentrated Evil], four Purifiers per Condenser, and ten Totems of Dawn.I then made several stacks of Potions of Purity and just sort of went berserk in the tainted area, and then walled off what was left of the actual tainted ground.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I recently completed my Mark III energy producing rig. It gives me a diamond every twelve seconds, so I'm proud of myself.Currently just sleeping a lot until I build three or four more in the nearby desert, at which point I call it a day and go conquer Mystcraft, maybe build that factory I've been meaning to get.

voidstars.png

Ah. I've raided all Eldritch Monoliths I've seen so far, completely researched all Forbidden Knowledge, and am currently using the Ancient Stone Tablets I cooked up on a Transmutation Tablet to get as much Lost Knowledge as I can.Oh, and I've got more stolen Void Chests than I could possibly need.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So...woke up this morning to check on the Far Lands or Bust livestream to see how far Kurt has gotten to the Farlands, since he promised to open F3 at the end of the livestream...turns out Wolfie randomly disappeared during the livestream. Apparently they tried several things to get him back, but nothing worked. I feel strangely sad :(Edit: Anyone seen the new item frames that will be coming in the next snapshot? Apparently you can even hang maps on walls, which I've wanted to be able to do without mods for ages.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

So I built this.Nine energy collectors producing 4320 EMC per second, pumping red matter into a center chest for easy collection, eventually to be funneled to my base so I can just get up from bed, grab the red matter, and dump it into my transmutation table to charge my Klein Spheres. Currently working on getting gem armor.

voidstars.png

Hmm. I've got two Klein Star Omegas. One of them's got 12 million EMC on it, the other is empty. At some point I should probably get all the other raw materials for Gem Armor squared away.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I spend most of my EMC making my second array. I've just been leaving my Klein Star Sphere in its mini array to accrue EMC while I get materials to start crafting all the alchemy items.In the meantime, I'm breaking from the theme of all the small buildings at my base and I'm building a tower of alchemy, where I'll be keeping all my equivalent exchange stuff from now on. I'm also contemplating dismantling my arrays and placing them in there, but I might just leave them where they are to avoid the hassle. Theres not much to it at the moment, just a large transmutation circle drawn into the ground with wool.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I havnt checked here in awhile, do we need any mods to get on the server?
Last I checked server is a lost cause as it's laggy and griefing mods and yes demon was given moderator again. That and we lost multiple maps and nav has ticked off everyone off to the point of going off doing their own personal projects, so the big answer is don't worry about the server.
I'm just ToaD

Yep, Limbo is nothing short of a disaster zone. Its not really worth investing time into anymore.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Toad summed it up pretty well. I haven't bothered with the server in a long time. Actually, i haven't bothered with vanilla Minecraft in a long time.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

currently the server is a creative map, and is completely ruined by TNT. don't bother.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.