The Official Minecraft Topic

Well, I've been playing the demo for months now, and it's by far the creepiest game I've played. I'm always on the lookout for Herobrine and I rarely get off Peaceful mode.Has anyone ever seen Herobrine?
Herobrine isn't an actual feature of the game. Myself, I'd advise you to pay more attention to the creepers, and get off Peaceful mode - much more exciting to craft up some armor, get yourself a shovel, and go zombie-hunting.
I can't find proof, though.I sometimes get off peaceful mode after setting up a home in a cave.

mindeth the cobwebs

There's not really one. P-M has a private server that's on for a few hours a day, but other than that, not much.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ah. Looking for this thread. I can rant now.Okay, I'm a traveller. I'll travel for ages and ages. The furthest I have travelled by foot/boat is about 50,000 blocks. I do this travelling on most servers, normally to about 30-40k blocks, and no one has a problem. Heck, the Minecraft world is 64 million blocks by 64 million blocks. It's huge. 50,000 is nothing.So over the last two days, I travelled on my TF2 group's Minecraft server, which has recently been brought back and made multi-world after months of being stuck in 1.2.5, I've travelled to -31000 -12000. About what I normally travel.Now, last time I was on this server, I was an OP. I had Creative Mode and the ability to build wherever I pleased. I had homes and temples and entire towns all over the place, stretching from spawn to over 200,000 blocks away. I had houses in the Nether and the End and no one cared.But this time round, I'm not an admin/operator because I wanted to travel on my own, without being hindered by needy players or anything like that. Fair enough. So I've set off and travelled this far, stopping because I came across an amazing Mushroom Biome I wanted to settle down on.Suddenly, the person who maintains the server is threatening to undo all my travelling by returning me to spawn. I refuse and have set my home, but why is this all suddenly a problem? Lag, you say? Only 9 chunks are rendered for me, the same as the rest of you. I lag more at spawn than I do on my island. I don't get it.

For travelers, the chunks loaded as they pass through stay loaded, even once they stop being rendered by the client. This can cause tremendous lag, since the server has to keep track of dozens, sometimes hundreds, of players all roaming in different directions, further increasing the lag and angering the owner. However, that's his problem, not yours. Tell him to mind his own business, and if he's getting lag, to unload all the chunks currently loaded into memory and then reload just the ones loaded by players. I don't know quite how, but I'm sure you can just Google it for him.

banner.jpg

Congrats!@Phovos: On EternalRealms, all players have access to /home and /back, even though it is a PvP server. The /back command is listed under the perks for premium ranks, but for some reason I still have access to it. Yay for me, and don't tell anybody. :P At least /back has been nerfed slightly in that it won't teleport you back to your death point, so it's not completely gamebreaking.

banner.jpg

There's not really one. P-M has a private server that's on for a few hours a day, but other than that, not much.
Ah, so that's where everyone went.... I was kind of surprised when the old server crashed while I was on it and just never came back up.Anyway...how have you all been?(In case you don't remember...IGN: 1adude?)

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

I've been playing on two servers lately. The Goldem Machine Gun Minecraft server and the Shadowraze server.The GMG server, you need to become a member before you can play in the Survival map, but the creative map is open to all players. Becoming a member is a pain though because they STILL haven't implemented an easy way for people to apply for membership. Currently you just have to hope that an admin/moderator/op knows you and changes your rank.The Shadowraze server is okay. It claims that it is No Lag but that's a lie. I've lagged to death 5 times on that server. It is a very busy server though with lots of people there. There are also towns and warps and shops and PVP and all sorts, so there is always something to do. It also has the really nice District plugin, which allows you to set an area (max 35 blocks squared) that only you can build in. And you can catch mobs with eggs and redstone.

Well, I have no idea of how to get into a server. I need an IP or somthing? (Wow I feel so newbish).Anyways, I made some Bionicle skins, there is the topic: http://www.bzpower.c...owtopic=7244=
Yeah you click on multi player, click new server and type in the server ip into the server address bar.

Yeah you click on multi player, click new server and type in the server ip into the server address bar.
Problem is, I don't know any server IP's
And that's what googles for, just type in minecraft server and look for one.You could also join PM's server if you want.

Well, I've been playing the demo for months now, and it's by far the creepiest game I've played. I'm always on the lookout for Herobrine and I rarely get off Peaceful mode.Has anyone ever seen Herobrine?
there is no herobrine. it's an internet myth just like slenderman.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

So flipz, when are you putting the server back up?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Blah, name fail. xD Sorry Piraka; I knew your name began with P~M; just couldn't think of the right P~M. xDAlso, I find this rather funny(Just since I'm never able to play while the server's on), but I can't play right now. =( I'll try for sometime soon, though. =D

Finally got on the server. There was a ton of lag at first, and I got spawn in what seemed to be a dungeon wall, without a health bar. xD/EDIT: Wait, hang on, why am I in creative? 0_o

Edited by BZP Blade

Finally got on the server. There was a ton of lag at first, and I got spawn in what seemed to be a dungeon wall, without a health bar. xD/EDIT: Wait, hang on, why am I in creative? 0_o
It's a build server. And the spawn has signs in it that should tell you what to do.
Never heard of the Yazi server...Cookie if you can guess my ign.Psss, it's Phovos...
OK, you're added. Sorry I didn't add you before!

banner.jpg

Ah, okay, I wasn't sure. I'll keep that in mind next time I go on, then. =)Sorry about me lagging so badly last night; not sure what was up with that. =/ It's never like that for me, so I'm not sure if it's a distance problem or not.

Ah, I see; I wasn't sure whose fault it was. ^^' Distance probably doesn't help any, but that might explain some things. The server is pretty cool, though; I just need to get on some more. xD

The server's on folks. It will continue to be on for the rest of today and tonight at least, and probably most of tomorrow.Phovos, I love your house. Great use of gdf's WorldEdited mountain chunk.ToV, was it you that made the Nuva symbols lying around? Because you might want to redo them. You'll see what I mean when you get on. :DCouple of questions for you guys: Who built the little building in the desert with the End portal at the bottom, and who made the sideways trees on the mountain? Both pretty cool.

banner.jpg