Mewtwo was as cool as they come, watchu talking about.Reminds me, I saw some fanart sometime with Mewtwo in his Giovanni battle-armor standing over the corpse of Arceus. A little dark, and wouldn't happen even in the anime... but dang if it wasn't cool.

Edited by Dorek

Hmm.. I've been playing that pokemon online game,and I've learned wht pokemon are good and what ones aren't. Kinda makes me sad my some of my Favorites, like Hypno, Mawile, Mismagius and Sharpedo aren't.But at least I can use Cloyster and Scizor.What's your guys's favorite pokemon? I like Mawile a lot, but it's really bad.EDIT: This may just be my opinion, but I've noticed a drop in the quality of the music since Crystal, the music for firered and soulsilver sounds much better then emerald, platinum, and White's Music. Although the elite four theme from Black and white is pretty awsome.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Pokemon Online?Let me introduce you to my favourite Pokemon University...My absolute 100% favourite Pokemon, both in practice and design, is Scrafty.Phenomenal typing, all the right moves, looks great, very versatile. Holds his own against OU titans, even with that abysmal Fighting-weakness.Shiftry, Lucario, and Hitmonlee also rank highly. I think my two favourite types should be clear from that list.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Pokemon Online?Let me introduce you to my favourite Pokemon University...

Already been there, I still lose to Alakazam almost every time. Wouldn't bee so bad with sharped but the focus sash and aakazam's ability to learn focus punch defeat m every time Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Focus Punch is a waste of a moveslot on Alakazam...Specially defensive Jirachi is a full stop to any and all Alakazam.

Oh lol I wrote focus punch, I meant focus Blast. Focus punch sucks.But I hate jirachi. It's not like he used pokemon just to beat me or something. Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Yeah- Focus Blast is smart on Zam, Focus Punch is not.If your team has problems with Alakazam, using Jirachi will help that. Scizor also revenges, and if you want to bank on a Focus Blast miss, you can use a defensive Dark Type, like Tyranitar with a Chople Berry.It bothers me to no end that Tyranitar's most effective set is a defensive one.

While not resistant to Psychic, I reckon Multi-Scale Dragonite with Extremespeed would probably counter Zam quite well, since HP Ice variants are rare.EDIT:So, from the trailers and screenshots of B2W2 so far, it appears that there's some sort of movie studio. We've seen the outside of a building decorated with film strips and cameras, an interior of a building featuring a green screen and an NPC who seems to be wearing a Mo-cap suit, as well as what appears to be an animatronic Tyranitar. Replacement for the Musicals, perhaps?

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

A good point- if Alakazam happens to be running a Focus Sash set with his Sash intact [and looking at Alakazam's defenses, that is quite reasonable], and Stealth Rocks are on the field, that Dragonite is begging to be revenge killed, though.There was actually an episode of the Black and White anime that featured Ash, Iris, and Cilan starred in a movie, filmed and directed by a CotD. A very, very terrible episode indeed, but maybe the game is throwing back to that a little bit. Animatronic Tyranitar sounds fun.I hope more pseudo-legendaries are available in-game in B2W2, if just to stack my team like the Yankees.

Ugh. Just been looking through some other forums. I find it amazing how people can spend ten pages arguing about whether the protagonists are wearing wetsuits or not...So, what do people here think of Professor Swirlyhair? Evil or not?

Well, I'm sure you've all seen the infodump from the new scans (if you haven't, it's not exactly hard to find).White 2 will probably be the first "updated" version I've bought since Yellow at this rate. Looks like they're really packing in a lot of new content, and I could never turn down a chance to take on Blue again.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Cheren thought he would have it all. First being a rival, then later in a sequel game, a gym leader? He was so proud of himself. He woke up bright and early, the first day of Gym Leading, brushed his teeth extra special, walked proudly up to the doors of his gym, burst through the doors and was subsequently crushed, as he realized that Gary m(@#%*$*(@$ing Oak had beat him to the punch.

*Deep breath*... okay, my thoughts:

Bianca and Cheren are back... I kind of like Bianca's new design. Just one thing, though...Bianca: Oh, Hey, Cheren! I'm gonna be a Pokemon researcher now, which means I need to look smart! You don't mind if I have these, do you? Kthxbai!Cheren: Hey! Come back with my glasses!Also... Cheren! You had a Haxorus at the end of BW! Why are you using a Patrat???Brycen's apparently out of retirement and starring in movies again. Nice to see the Gym Leaders' characters getting fleshed out a bit. And there's at least one other "actor" character wearing superhero-sentai type outfits (One of them might be the player in a costume, but it's hard to tell...). Also, ROBOT TYRANITAR GODZILLA!It looks as though most of the old Gym leaders/elite 4s will be coming back, in addition to those in the main picture. if you look closely at one of the screenshots, you can see what looks like overworld sprites of Erika, Janine, Blaine, and Lt. Surge.And, finally, the new forms of the Kami Trio. They were all male in the originals, but at least two of these seem to have obvious cleavage (shudder...) And there's a new female professor associated with the AR Searcher whose design echoes the Kami.

Edited by Alyska

JC: Haha, yeah very true. xDAlyska:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that Bianca stole Cheren's glasses. xDAs for Cheren's choice of Pokemon, it kinda makes sense, given that he's the normal Gym Leader, who's also the first Gym Leader... I personally expect him to reappear later on in the game with his awesome party again.That'll be interesting, but I wonder if it means he won't be the Gym Leader in this game?Pokemon World Tournament will be AMAZING.Yeah... That's certainly different. But, am I the only one who thinks that Landorus' new form reminds me of Entei? 0_o

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

New anime-style trailer up!

-It appears that the hero and rival are friends-Cheren helps the Hero and the rival take on Team plasma-No sign of the female protagonist, implying that the alternative player character does not get a big role.-Elesa is still a gym leader- One member of the Shadow triad appears up close, confirming that he is male. He has green eyes, but they have whites, thus disproving the theory that the Triad are the former Striaton gym Leaders -Parts of Unova are, indeed, covered in ice.

Well today I found out archanine is a total...well I can't say it here but lets just say it's awesome and the reason I love growlithe and archanine. What is the name of this trailer? I only saw archanine toss seviper in the air like a boss on meme base

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I don't know what the Japanese title of it says, but try looking for "Pokemon Black 2 White 2 Introduction Movie"And yes, that fight scene is awesome. Wish the actual anime looked like that...

I've been thinking....have you ever seen a Pokemon fan series on the Internet?

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Chimchar is the way to go.

Oh please, I can take down one in a snap.

so i haven't gotten around to beating White yet. is the storyline in black/white 2 an actual sequel to the originals?also, although this is a better idea than making a third game that almost defeats the purpose of having the prior ones, i find it a rather odd choice.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Yes, it is a direct sequel, like GSC to RGBY; except better, since it actually features the old characters prominently, instead of a handful of cameos here and there. =P(Like, for instance, Cheren and Bianca return in large roles, whereas Blue only appeared in the Kanto section.)Speaking of GSC, I think that the Kanto section of the story could be fleshed out more, and probably even Johto a little more. Give some more reasoning behind things. =P

I am going to amass an army of Salamence and rain fire from the sky upon the homes and cities of those god forsaken hypocrite genwunners. A genwunner, for those who have the fortune to be unaware, is a slimy, disgusting, fat, evil piece of garbage with exactly four hundred twenty one pimples upon their greasy face, who only played the first Pokemon games because they wanted to make friends somehow and now insists that every Pokemon game subsequently released since the genwunner turned eleven is terrible, very well despite the fact that they have only gotten better.i am going to stab these people in their belly buttons with a skarmory's drill peck

Yes, it is a direct sequel, like GSC to RGBY; except better, since it actually features the old characters prominently, instead of a handful of cameos here and there. =P(Like, for instance, Cheren and Bianca return in large roles, whereas Blue only appeared in the Kanto section.)

Technically, HG/SS were remakes, and games like Crystal, Yellow, Platinum, etc. we're not sequels, but combined versions of the first two games of their generations. Black 2 and White 2 however are the first LEGIT sequels, given that it takes two years after the events of Black and White, binging back characters who have bigger roles, N returning, and new gym leaders. Plus this game has the highest Regional dex of all the previous Pokemon games! With previous gen Pokemon making their way to the game like:EeveeRioluGrowlitheBeldumMareepLarvitarSeviperThere's more but not all have been revealed. I'm excited because this is he first Pokemon I will play where I don't have to use a gimmick, trade, or hack to get growlithe!

... RGBY to GSC are confirmed as sequels... GSC initial intent(And initial names) were to essentially be 'Pokemon 2'. And even though the names were changed to be what's now 'more traditional', it doesn't change the fact that they're sequels. ;) So, technically those are the first true sequels(Since they took place three years after RGBY), and B/W 2 are definitely the second pair, since even if you factor in D/P/Pt being confirmed to take place at a similar time as GSC, it doesn't change the fact that they aren't direct sequels to anything, unlike GSC, which, while it had it's own storyline and region, also featured Kanto for the post-game, and even featured a battle against the original PC, Red, and RGBY's rival-turned-gym leader, Green.Besides, if you wanna bring up HGSS, then HGSS is the sequel to FRLG. =POh, and N's not exactly confirmed to be returning, even if it's heavily hinted at. For all we know, he could be given named cameos only, no actual appearances, even if everything counters that. =P It's very doubtful that he won't be returning, given that they updated his artwork and everything, but...