The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

>Walks into BZP Metal topic>Sees talk of cruddy Metal>"Oh God not again"So, who's lookin forward to the new Job For A Cowboy, Tuesday?

You have no idea how funny this is.

wait, did you guys actually think i was serious? lolin' at your gullibilityalso rarity new Job For A Cowboy is fantastic, listening to it nonstopso is the new Disfiguring The Goddess, slammin sickness at its finestbest albums this year imo: Aborted, JFAC, Wretched, Veil Of Maya, Every Time I Die, Emmure, Everything Went Black, and Beneath The Massacre

Eh, Disfiguring The Goddess are not really "true" slam as such, and I was pretty let down by "Daughter of Depths." It lacks the intensity of their past work. And I thought that you did not like slam?Definitely seconding Aborted's new release, and adding Abominable Putridity and Cannibal Corpse. Plus the new Dying Fetus is coming out soon, which is supposed to be less technical and more brutal, which should be interesting. And the new Cattle Decapitation of course.

seriously only the doom ep was deathcore, everything else is totally legit death metal.

I have heard this before so I tried out their later works. Yes, it may be death metal, but it is still nothing interesting and with a boring vocalist. Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

I have heard this before so I tried out their later works. Yes, it may be death metal, but it is still nothing interesting and with a boring vocalist.

lol @ boring vocalist. johnny davy is one of the most unique vocalists in the scene today. also demonocracy is next level stuff, go listen to the stream or at least the track "nourishment through bloodshed"also eucliwood replace koloss with catch 33 and then get those. all great album fo sho
nhsYE.jpg

but see, it isn't 1999 and Limp Bizkit isn't even relevant anymore, so that really wasn't funny at all.

Just started listening to Lost in the Sound of Separation again. Such a legitimately great album.Too bad nothing Underoath ever does can top it.-Teezy

I have never, ever understood the hype over Underoath, and I listened to their "best" albums multiple times during my metalcore obsession. Even then, nothing about them appealed to me. And tbh I see them as more post-hardcore than metalcore anyway.anyway guys, lots of new album information being released by bands lately. All I can remember off the top of my head are Gojira, Fear Factory, and Daylight Dies, but there've been others.so excited for those three though.

but see, it isn't 1999 and Limp Bizkit isn't even relevant anymore, so that really wasn't funny at all.

Just started listening to Lost in the Sound of Separation again. Such a legitimately great album.Too bad nothing Underoath ever does can top it.-Teezy

I have never, ever understood the hype over Underoath, and I listened to their "best" albums multiple times during my metalcore obsession. Even then, nothing about them appealed to me. And tbh I see them as more post-hardcore than metalcore anyway.anyway guys, lots of new album information being released by bands lately. All I can remember off the top of my head are Gojira, Fear Factory, and Daylight Dies, but there've been others.so excited for those three though.
It's personal preference, really. Every album is really either a hit or a miss, but The Changing of Times, They're Only Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, and Lost In the Sound of Separation are really, really good albums.Also, gonna have to check out new Fear Factory.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm going to have to listen to Epica's new album Requiem for the Indifferent soon-ish.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I listened to the new Epica, and was really digging it. At first all their stuff kinda' sounded the same, but now that I pay attention more it's really good. Not a fan of the harsh vocalist though, and not even because of his growling. As I discussed with Eucliwood a few days ago, it's like... some harsh vocals can compliment the music, others can just sound wretched, but that guy's... are just there. They don't really do anything.However, Simmons' voice is awesome enough to counteract that.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Whoops! I forgot to quote Eucliwood!Continue talking about that growling stuff.Sorry, I just can't get past Deathcore or Grindcore (or ANYTHING heavier than Thrash) vocals.

Man, you sound like a 12-year-old who just discovered Metallica....And I mean that in the best possible way.But really, how can you like Pantera and say you don't like growling and screaming? Unless you listen to, like, CFH and literally no other Pantera album.

only in dreams.

i love Pantera thinks that deathcore and grindcore are like the most only genres with screamingnew Upon A Burning Body is pretty good, though it's basically the bands way of saying "LOOK AT US we're from Texas and we're mexican and we really like weed"also checked out the new Loma Prieta, it's pretty good crunchy, lo-fi as heck screamo. good stuffsrs question: is there anybody that actually legitimately enjoys Brain Drill? or Rings Of Saturn (who are the -core version of BD essentially)?

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I know there are more genres with screaming, but I just couldn't think of 'em.I DO love Pantera (duh), but some other bands scream to the point where I can't understand them.Phil can balance screaming and regular singing out pretty well in my opinion.Actually, I like EVERY Pantera album. AND I discovered Thrash when I was about 9. (A friend told me about Metallica. Thank you, Austin!) I'm 13 now.You're arguing with a 13 year old.I dislike Metallica now, sure I like everything AJFA and back, but it's like listening to Death, then trying to listen to ZZ Top afterwards.I just got a little heavier with my Metal Tastes, that's all.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Spent $50 on CDs today at FYE.Got Destroy Erase Improve, Chaosphere, Koloss, and a fourth album by a band I feel like I'd be crucified for enjoying s'yeah.

Spill the beans.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

True Defiance.Demon Hunter.Can't help it, they were the band that got me into metal alongside Killswitch Engage. I have a soft spot for them no matter how painfully average their music is.Hopefully the Meshuggah albums make up for it.

Edited by Eucliwood

Man, you sound like a 12-year-old who just discovered Metallica....And I mean that in the best possible way.But really, how can you like Pantera and say you don't like growling and screaming? Unless you listen to, like, CFH and literally no other Pantera album.

My thoughts exactly. He reminds me of one of my friends who listens to stuff like Rammstein, Lamb of God etc. along with a little melodic death metal and thinks he is "edgy," but constantly tells me that brutal death and gore/grindcore is just noise, and that it is played by and listened to by people who were bullied at school who think that making hardcore music will make them feel like real men. Oh and he cannot tell the difference between a growl and a squeal either. (Since when did Sven squeal? >>)

srs question: is there anybody that actually legitimately enjoys Brain Drill? or Rings Of Saturn (who are the -core version of BD essentially)?

Yes I like Brain Drill. As for Rings of Saturn, only heard of them now, but them being -core is probably going to make it difficult for me to enjoy them. (Just listened -- that was awful.)

sykurafire.jpg