R P G: Stríð Karla

Alex Humva

You're making a mistake in assuming other people's thought processes here: most people don't view this as gov't vs. people. They view this as Aquileon v. Walruusaan, with the soldiers representing Aquileon and the colonists representing Walruusaan. Usually people will back their government against another government. And so far, Walruusaan's representatives have not acquitted themselves well.

OOC: I think the error is yours actually. I'm going to bring up Vietnam again because the images from that are still evocative. Lets say this one. Do you think people saw that and went "Well thats a South Vietnamese army against a South Vietnamese army". No. They went "Thats a soldier pointing a gun at an unarmed man. And thats terrible."As for backing their own government against another, did you see how much protest there was over the Iraq War? People don't like war and conflict, especially when they're not obviously the good guys. And armed guards against civilians? Yeah, you're clearly not the good guys. So people are going to turn against you. Also, to point out, that Waalrusaan religious beliefs mean they're unlikely to do anything to someone already killed. So to summarise, mutilating the dead, no. Brutally staving in skulls, yes :PIC: The Waalrusaan pointed out that the same argument applied to the Aquileonese. They had refused to concede land, had oppressed innocent civilians, hadn't even attempted to broker a compromise. So clearly Aquileon stood for greed, empiricism, and war-mongering. If they wanted the dead to be respected they had to respect the dead on both sides. Anything else was hypocrisy on a grand scale. On Artungaad and the outpost of T24 the heavy coastal defences were manned and kept ready. Every possible landing was watching by eyes both natural and mechanical, guarded by heavy cannons and anti-personnel weaponry. The trading ports, never the largest because of the Waalrusaan insular nature, were under heavy guard. In R13 proper defences were under construction to mimic those of the older settlements.Contacts in Kiserre got in ouch with the same weaponry companies that had sold the Varangians the helicopters. Most of the Waalrusaan arsenal was designed for combat on land. They needed proper anti-sea weaponry and were willing to buy if the Kiserrans were willing to sellThe Varangians were shown a contract that, in layman's terms, said the profit from any sale of the new vehicle had to be shared between thetwo nations. If the Varangians sold on the designs, half any profit from the sale or royalties had to go to the Waalrusaan. If already constructed vehicles were sold on, half the profits had to go to the Waalrusaan. And vice versa, if the Waalrusaan made any such sales they had to give half to the Varangians. OOC:Vehicle Class: SkaaskurchVehicle Description: Tiltrotor. Plane-like fuselage with two large rotors on the wingsWeaponry: 20mm three-barrelled gatling under nose with armour-piercing rounds. .50 calibre machine gun on rampUpkeep/Build time/Build Cost: 10 IP for 2/8 days

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: As the Varangians had no intention of selling the vehicles, they accepted the contract at once.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Again, you're assuming that the political air around this is the same as it is today, which it is not (The modern political air being "America sucks!"). Also, I feel the need to remind you that you can't turtle unless you're willing to let your colonists sit in a POW camp.IC: Aquileon stated publicly that anyone shipping weapons to Waalursaan would be considered to be collaborating with them, and any ship carrying weapons to Waalrusaan would be considered a valid target. Aquileon intelligence began to reach out via its contacts in the Order of Dagon the Hallowed Obodenus to attempt to discover who, exactly, had been contacted to make these shipments.As for the media war, that had pretty much been won by the pro-Aquileon side, because those who backed the Waalrusaan had either shut up or gone out of business. Thus, the Waalrusaan reply never got published.:w:

IC [standast]In Stanland, where free speech was taken a bit more seriously and less prone to being bought out, the Senate was held to discuss the impending crisis. While the Waalrusaan supporters were a minority, many supporting them just so they get more views, it wouldn't take much to get the ball rolling. If a riot started with even a dozen people, and some were killed, it would quickly snowball out of control. In the past Stans had settled matters of opinions in their usual bloody way, with minimal causalities, but this time it was different. With such heated opinions throughout the nation, there was a very real crisis of a nation wide feud sparking off with a simple violent protest. It was a weakness Standast could not afford at the moment, and they couldn't very well issue a holiday as long as the war continued; the economy would collapse in a matter of weeks, if not days.So a choice was made, the Senate announcing it later that day. The government took public and formal responsibility for not heeding the call for help within the Forum, but as many an opinionated Stan newspaper pointed out, none of the other nations had either. Standast was, however, not going back on it's decision to go to war, as a reading of the NEA founding treaty would show that the Waalrusaan civilian assault did count as an attack on sovereign Aquileon land, which was grounds for mutual defense.So the Third Stan Battle Group continued it's march, nearing the Aquileon military base with orders to reinforce and assist.OOCSomething I just noticed; while the war of opinions rages in Standast, the whole 'Standast is making a big deal out of it, therefore I'm going to point out it did nothing' logic is only working on the civvie side of things, and even then it's flimsy. The news papers were making a big deal out of the three Stan dead; the Waalrusaan supporters say it wouldn't of happened if Standast had taken the opportunity to help. The NEA supporting newspapers can easily (and do) say that if Astaria or Varangia has helped, then it wouldn't of happened. Shifting the blame, but real life happenings show that it works, and you've set the precedent, shifting the blame from Waalrusaans to the Stan government. Astaria is already disliked, using them as a scapegoat wouldn't be unheard of. As well, the situation, while it can deflect some of the hate to the government, is less about seeking something to blame and more about justice. The Stans don't particularly want a war with the Waalrusaans (it was mutual defense that passed it through the government), they want the Waalrusaans responsible to pay in blood; throwing the Waalrusaans into the ocean was more of a "how dare you get in the way of our justice" thing. It's how Stan justice has worked for eons, and I've made it rather clear in the past so it isn't me pulling stuff out. If the Waalrusaan's that killed those three Stan MPs had been killed by the families of the MPs... this probably wouldn't of happened.But, again, the Stan government stopped them from doing so. Denouncing a nation is one thing; your citizens killing each other is another. The Waalrusaan supporters, in attempting to shift the blame, are simply shifting the effects, not the cause. Blood is wanted, the people are mad that justice has not been served, so even as the Waalrusaan supporters (hence forth called pro-Wa because my fingers are getting tired) stir up dissent against the government via saying it took no action... they don't seem to be responding to the cause of the matter. Just pointing this out because I would like to see a response before the Stan newspapers take advantage of this fact.All in all, you're succeeding in causing dissent, it's just the actual stem root of the dissent is going to collapse in a little while if it's not addressed.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: It's a very good thing I'm not shipping anything to Arctungaad (that's the continent) right now. Given the refugee offer made by Varangia, I hope the Aquileonese navy is discerning enough to refrain from shooting ships that are leaving Arctungaad.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCSpeaking of Varangia...IC [standast]The Stan corps responsible for providing hydrogen to the Varangians requested their aid in patrolling the merchant lines; with a time of war like this, it was not a stretch that privateers might be funded by Waalrusaans, and while the Stans dominated the market for cheap pure hydrogen and oxygen, their transport ships to Varangia carried hydrogen containers worth millions of credits. Insurance didn't quite cover that.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: With the war in mind, the Queen authorized the two Lynkrage zeppelins to patrol along the shipping route between Standast and Varangia, in addition to a trio of Snekkja patrol ships. A message was sent along to the Aquileonese government, informing them that, should one of the zeppelins come within sight of their shores, it is a patrol vessel to maintain the security of a shipping lane, not an attack vessel, and is not to be fired upon.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4/1987- RY (Relative Year)IC: Extra money was sent to the newest Fillion colony for a project that had been in the works for some time.Some private companies sent a message to several Stan hydrogen suppliers, asking about buying some for use in a new helicopter design.After an extended period of getting to know each other, the Fillion government asked if the Atranians would like to start sending over citizens to the schools in Fillion.OOC: 10 IP put into searching the sea in C and D 15.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOCHydrogen in a helicopter? Now there's something. Hydrogen cooling is typically seen as something slightly above "you're bloody insane", but a hydrogen powered helicopter... very fascinating.IC [standast]A supply of hydrogen was brokered between the corporations, for a reasonable price of course, and the deal was signed for shipments.OOCI quite like being the world's premier producer of hydrogen. : D

voidstars.png

OOC: It's a bit early, but nothing's going to change between now and Sunday, so I might as well do myINDUSTRY REPOOOOOOOORTProvincesW14 - Super Province - 80 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)W15 - Super Province - 80 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Medium State February 8th)W16 - Super Province - 80 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)X15 - Super Province - 80 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Capitol February 8th)X16 - Super Province - 80 IP - 100 Battalions - No Further Upgrade (Started as Small State February 8th)Total IP: 400Military Outposts-X12Under Construction1 Skemmdarvargur (May 15): 80 IP Total Remaining IP: 320Military (Standard Troops Excluded)3 Suzume Helicopters (Gifted from Kiserre) - Upkeep: Total of 33 Snekkja Patrol Boats - Upkeep: Total of 15 (Earlier Miscalculation)2 Lynkrage Zeppelin - Upkeep: 203 Squadron VO - Upkeep: 3Total Upkeep: 41 IPTotal Remaining IP: 279----So. Gauss rifle research came to fruition earlier this week - Hydrogen fuel cell research finished today. Let's put 100 IP into a scaled-up Gauss rifle (remember: earlier research was proof-of-concept work) powered by a Hydrogen fuel cell, and another 100 into submarines. 45 more IP devoted to building a trio of new Snekkja - they may be small, but they're quick and pack a decent punch, so I'd like a respectable navy, and as I have enough provinces and only one of them already doing something, let's get this stuff built.---Just realized: If the Aquileonese get to the point where they can run a successful interdiction on trade between Varangia and Arctungaad, the war is probably just about over anyway. I mean, you'd be trying to drive your forces between two very close neighbors, both of whom have forces available to defend trade ships (on my end, the helicopters purchased from Koth. On Power's end, whatever he doesn't use in the fight against Aquileon).

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"A Merinka class cruiser, then. It's well within your nation's industrial capabilities. So, three Firebolts and a blueprint for the same in exchange for a Merinka, with you getting the blueprints for that vessel as well. This seems amicable to me."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: "And to me as well. I assume the aircraft will be delivered upon the completion of the cruiser?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Of course. Mercasi!" One of Alessia's staff scurried forward, holding a pair of large three-ring binders. "Your shipbuilders should be able to work with these plans, and here we have the Firebolt blueprints. One term I insist upon, however: you may not sell or give away either of these sets of plans."IC:Shipping manifests were provided by Astaria to the Aquilonian and Stan military forces, clarifying that any ships heading to the new war zone were carrying food, blankets, medical supplies, and the like, and under the ownership of the Astarian Blue Crescent.Meanwhile, the Helbrecht 2 and the Merinka had been deployed to the Astarian Strait, where they kept careful watch over the battle, lest the war spill into Astaria's colonies. Those colonies were reinforced by the influx of the First and Second Shield Army, respectively. N-12 also found itself protected by two Armored Battalions, each a squadron of ten Pythons backed by infantry.

Edited by cardworkMagician

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Astaria]On a random hilltop in Astaria, miles away from civilization (it was amazing how, no matter where you went, there was always some place not yet touched by man), three lightly armed men knelt, two scanning the surroundings while the third operated a communications device. He aligned a small dish, switched the power on, and punched in twenty four digits into the small device. Picking up the headset, he gave three short twists of a knob on the panel. A response came quickly."Nine-seven-one, this is control. Your signal is being received steady.""Confirmed. It's quiet out here; we've kept a low profile in the country side, so far nothing.""Acknowledged. Intelligence?""Nothing more than what the sats show.""Acknowledged. New orders have come down from SMITE; prepare to go live within the year.""Understood."The device was quickly and efficiently packed up, the soldiers retreating from the hill and going to regroup with the main body. It was about time to get on the move again; you could never stay in the same place for long, especially after having a comm set up.

Edited by Programmer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Again, you're assuming that the political air around this is the same as it is today, which it is not (The modern political air being "America sucks!"). Also, I feel the need to remind you that you can't turtle unless you're willing to let your colonists sit in a POW camp.

OOC: No, I'm assuming human nature is the same. Hence my use of multiple example from across history. People don't like war. Voluntarily throwing ourselves into a mortal situation is something evolution has been dissuading us from for millions of years after all.As far as the Waalrusaan are aware all the colonists are dead, what with the photos and everything. So yeah, turtling away sounds good :PAlex, surely if people were that fervent over blood feuds, once you'd had one riot things would just escalate from there? You hurt someone in a riot, their family takes it out on you, your family gets some revenge back...like the Hatfields and McCoys but on a country-wide scaleIC: Hearing that the Astarians would be using their Blue Crescent vessels to ship supplies hopefully without being accosted, the Waalrusaan arranged for a set of shipments to deliver them rocket fuel. They were still working on their satellite network and needed supplies to get the things up there

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCStan feud tradition is a bloody but grounded one. While the fear is that at the moment a riot would send Standast into chaos until things settled, if the situation can be diffused (in this case, redirecting the anger), it wouldn't get that far. Standast didn't get as far as it did with everyone killing each other willynilly; if the papers successfully show that their whole rage against the government isn't actually getting justice done, then the argument stays civil.TL;DR, the Stans forgot for a moment just what actually caused this. The moment someone points out that killing each other over the government's choice isn't going to avenge those who died, the whole '**** the government and **** you for agreeing with them' bubble bursts.

voidstars.png

OOC: I feel the need to point out that for every example you can cite of the people opposing their own government (the majority of which are American examples, IIRC), I can give you an example where the people backed their own government. Ex: Carthage vs. Rome. The Jewish Revolts (there's a reason that there is an Arch of Titus in Rome...if they hated their own government for oppressing Jews, would they really celebrate it?). And those are just a few. I cite Roman examples because I happen to be fairly well acquainted with Roman history, but the fact remains that it's not as universal as you seem to think.If they think the colonists are dead...then who are the Blue Crescent shipping their goods to? It certainly isn't Waalrusaan proper, they're not refugees. Also, they're sending the rocket fuel to Astaria, yes? If so, are they using Blue Crescent ships to do it?IC: The Blue Crescent shipments were thoroughly inspected before being permitted for POW use, but the shipments were not hindered or confiscated. The Blue Crescent workers observed (many publicly) that the POWs were treated as well as one could expect for a POW camp (that is to say, they had sufficient necessities and some privileges, but they weren't allowed to roam free or anything like that. The guards certainly were not brutal. One observer (who later gained five minutes of fame for his stunt) was caught by guards for hiding in the camp after his convoy had left. His testimony lined up with what all of the other Blue Crescent workers, and he had not been tortured or abused to elicit this testimony (and even if he had been, he'd given the report after he'd been returned to the Blue Crescent, so he had no reason not to tell the truth).At the same time, the first letters from the POWs began to arrive in Waalrusaan proper. Some material had been censored to prevent classified material from leaking to a nation with which Aquileon was at war, leading to interesting lines like "Oh, and be sure to tell the authorities that [CENSORED]."~+~At the same time, the military funerals for the deceased MPs was televised across the civilized world. The soldiers lay in the open coffins in two rows, to be viewed by their loved ones one last time before being committed to their eternal rest. Many however had black cloths laid mournfully over their faces, only a picture standing in front of the coffins showing what they had looked like in life. After they had lain in state, each casket was taken away to be given a private military funeral with the family and select friends. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC [standast]Meanwhile in Standast, funerals were being held for the three dead. The First Minister himself, a rare occasion to be seen so out in public, was present to give a speech, among some other Senators. The First President was out on an important diplomatic matter, so he was unable to be present. The families of the afflicted were present, full TV coverage present to show their mourning. It wasn't a pretty matter.And so, as the priest said their final rites, the bodies were put onto military funeral stands. The seventy year old Stan patrol boat off a few miles fired off it's main cannons, sending echoing booms to accompany the rifle shots of a Stan military funeral. The wood was lit, the bodies beginning to burn as all gathered watched somberly. Indeed, throughout Standast, there was a brief moment of silence, letting the souls of fallen heroes leave this world and into the next.The following days were a quiet period; the funeral had silenced many in simple respect. The pro-NEA papers used this to show that the Stans were forgetting the real problem here; the need for Stan blood to be paid in full by those responsible. It was not a matter of defeating the Waalrusaans; it wasn't a matter of defending Aquileon. It was a matter of avenging the deaths of the three fallen. When those responsible were brought to justice, Stan justice... then they could hate the government. Until then, their hate had no other target but the Waalrusaans at fault.

voidstars.png

IC:It was an Astarian newscaster who pointed out that the Waalrusians responsible were either dead or on the mainland, in Aquilonian prison camps, and it would be so easy to ask Aquilonia for their heads.

-Rover

OOC: I was using modern examples a.) because this is a modern set RPG, and b.) because its easier to tell what people really thought. Newspapers, television, all make it easier to see what the people are thinking rather than what the people in charge are thinking which is invariably what more historical examples tell us. You do realise the Arch of Titus was constructed by Domitian, not the people, right? And that both Rome and Carthage tried for peace before the Third Punic War got started? We only like wars once we've won them. Going into them and during them we hate them. Remember what I said about the Falklands?And I'd say half the examples I was using were American. Last I checked you had nothing to do with the Arab Spring, the events in Libya, the current events in Syria, the Falklands. Even the photo I used from Vietnam was Vietnamese against Vietnamese. I feel you're sort of generalising. Or just not reading my posts fully, because lets face it you have done that before.And yes, the Blue Crescent aren't shipping to Arctungaad. Which is why the Waalrusaan were arranging shipments that did. If they were already shipping to Arctungaad all I would have said is "hey, could you stick some rocket fuel on those ships?" :rolleyes: As for who they thought the shipping was going to before, the wounded Aquileonese of the riotsIC: Those papers directly associated with the Waalrusaan through blood or religion continued trying the government angle but the far more numerous number of papers who'd gone pro-Wa because they simply didn't want a prolonged conflict decided to go with the Astarian side of things. The Waalrusaan as a whole weren't at a fault. The colonists were. And they were right there, conveniently held in one locationThe continent of Arctungaad started producing its new Skaaskurch vehicles, in each province that was able

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [standast]And as such, the war of opinions was over. Public opinion of the war was mostly indifference, as they truly did not understand the concept, but those who could grasp it knew little good could come of a war that, for all intents and purposes, was an Aquileon-Waalrusaan conflict. Mutual defense only stretched so far; until true military action was taken, it was in a gray area. An area the citizens of Standast would exploit if the war was found to be... less than favorable.So with the Astarians and Waalrusaan reporters agreeing with the Stan reporters, there was little left to do except wait. The Stan government did file a request for the POWs responsible (footage taken from the zeppelin drones would help narrow the process), though the results of that were doubtful to be well. It was unlikely the Aquileons would send them to their deaths.In other less sober news, a colonization call was sent for a colony in Europa, to fuel the ever expanding Stan drive for space.OOCINDUSTRY REPORT:PROVINCES:~Super Province~Super Province~Super Province~Capital State (Upgrade May 30th)~Small Territory (J-14) (Upgrade May 30th)~Small territory (J-13) (Upgrade May 27th)UNITS:4 teams of Spec-Ops/20 IP upkeep1 batch of Verndari/1 IP upkeep2 batches of Varnarmaðurinn/10 IP upkeep1 batch of Dauði/5 IP upkeepBASES:~D-18NATIONAL PROJECTS:LUNAR MISSION "LUMINOUS" 75 IP, ETA AUTO PER WEEK, STARTED April 26ndPROJECT "CRYSTAL" 5 IP ETA April 22nd (finished)PROJECT "REAPER" 50 IP ETA June 3rd (first stage finished)PROJECT "SHIELD", 100 IP ETA May 9thPROJECT "COMMUNICATIONS", 10 IP ETA 28th (finished, 1 IP upkeep)PROJECT "CIVIL PROTECTION", 10 IP ETA May 12thPROJECT "BEACHHEAD", 25 IP ETA May 3rd (finished)BUILDING:ONE batch of Black Night class SLBMs ETA April 23rd, AUTO PRODUCTION 4 IPIP MANAGEMENT302 IP in production235 IP in national projects4=4 IP in building37 IP in upkeep26 IP available

voidstars.png

OOC: Ah, my bad. I forgot those examples.Yes, I know who it was built by. The fact still stands that he had the backing of the Roman populace. Also, I disagree with the "we only like wars once we've won them" idea, because I can guarantee you that if that was the case, wars would never get started. No one would want to.The idea that the Blue Crescent were shipping stuff to Aquileon soldiers seems kinda ridiculous to me, considering that's what the soldiers have their own supplies for. You still didn't answer whether the rocket fuel is on the Blue Crescent ships, because if it is, A: The BC loses all credibility as a charitable organization and B: to quote a friend of mine, it's "punishable by widespread airstrikes."Industry report coming soon.IC: The commander of the military base at P-11 agreed to turn over possible suspects for the murder of the Stans to the Stan government. Meanwhile, Aquileon demanded that A: the Waalrusaans apologize for their attempt to take Aquileon territory, B: apologize for the conduct of the colonists whom the Waalrusaan government had sent there (neatly debunking any idea of "it's not the government's fault"), and for the diplomatic hmming and haahing that had delayed the crisis on Europa long enough to have such a tragedy occur.At the same time, evidence was beginning to leak out that the "concentration camp" that the Aquileon soldiers had put up for the colonists on the beach was anything but.:w:

IC: "These terms are not unreasonable, considering that the designs for these vehicles are the sole property of the Astarian government. I accept."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [standast]And then sometimes life throws you a wire-coated bone.The Stan government honestly had never thought that'd happen, but it did take them all the same. It would be a mixed bag, though; this would be a shining moment for the new Stan justice system to prove its worth... but they had mobs on the street demanding blood. Until they could figure out exactly who the three were that were at fault, the justice of the mob was hardly going to work.So the Waalrusaan suspects (numbering seven in total) were shipped to Standast and put under maximum security, not actually being held on the mainland but a civilian transport barge that floated a good ways offshore. It was the best protection they could offer. In the meantime, the footage from the drones were being looked over for more precise matches, and a request for any surviving witnesses to offer their insights was made, as well as a request for uncut footage from the Astarian news groups.

voidstars.png

Le Pays du Soleil/Kiserre Territory, Military, and Production Report133年Terr. - IP - #batt. - TSM - 0 IP - 0 - 1 weekST - 1 IP - 0 - 2 weeksMT - 5 IP - 1 - 2 weeksLT - 10 IP - 2 - 2 weeksSS - 20 IP - 4 - 3 weeksMS - 30 IP - 5 - 3 weeksLS - 40 IP - 10 - 3 weeksCS - 60 IP - 50 - 4 weeksSP - 80 IP - 100Provinces (Kiserre - キセッル):M-22 (Ettare): CS - 60 - Jun1M-23 (Kiserre): SP C - 80M-24 (Shimaki): CS - 60 - Jun1N-22 (Arugerre): LS - 40 - May9N-23 (Beruji): LS - 40 - May9N-24 (Akitane): CS - 60 - Jun1Provinces (Euroupa - ユローパ):N-14 (Murelle): SS - 20 - May10N-13 (Kinochiiki): ST - 1 - May10Bases:L-21 (Harushima)Construction: "unitname" (IP-#)M-22: Hashibami (2-20) May15M-23: Hashibami (2-20) May15M-24: Tora MBT (5-5) May10N-13: Kitsune (8-1) May10N-14: Kitsune (8-1) May10N-22: Tora MBT (5-5) May13N-23:N-24:Units:Le Légion de Kiserre (28 bat.)—one Legion is twenty battalions (unless stated otherwise) and any other attached units—1er Legion - M23- 5 Tora MBT - 1 IP- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 3 Suzume TransHeli - 2 IP2e Legion - M22- 4 Hyou IFV - 1 IP3e Legion - M24- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IP- 2 Kakesu LiftHeli - 2 IP4e Legion - N225e Legion - N246e Legion - L21- 1 Fusiliers Aéroportèe - 1 IP- 3 Chuuhi AAS - 5 IP7e Legion - N14- 1 Fusiliers Aéroportée - 1 IP8e Legion - N149e Legion - N1310e Legion - M2211e Legion - M2312e Legion - M2313e Legion - M2414e Legion - N23- 14 battalionsTransport:- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - 5 IP - N14- 1 AVT-24 Hiryuu - 5 IP - M23Navy:er Task Force - L21- Yoshikiri. Alphonse - 10 IP - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 3 IP- Yoshikiri. Pierre - 10 IP - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 3 IP- Aozame Maurice - 5 IP- Aozame Guillame - 5 IP2e Task Force - N14- Yoshikiri. Makoto - 10 IP - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 3 IP- Yoshikiri. Hikaru - 10 IP - 2 Ajisashi ASWheli - 3 IPOn Hold for Purchase:- 4 Hyou IFV - 1 IP- 6 Kuma MBT - 1 IPProjects:Digital Communication/Computer R&D - 25 IP - Jun10NEA Moon Project - 75 IPIP Total:P: 80+60+60+60+40+40+20+1=361C: 361-10-10-5-5-1-1=309M: 309-4(10)-5(5)-4(3)-2(2)-8(1)=220R: 225-75-25=120F: 120misakaimouto

IC(Kiserre/General): The Premier himself Sent a message to Aquileon and Standast urging them to seek some compromise. If they did find an alternative to war, Kiserre would continue to fund the Luminous project that it was scheduled to withdraw from in several months. Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCErm, wasn't Kiserre set to withdraw this week anyways, after the fourth and fifth mission on Thursday?IC [standast]Standast pointed out it was peace had been tried and failed, but if the nations of the world were open to it, they would prefer a peaceful solution. The Stan military had little experience in such matters, and didn't want to see war in the first place, so it was suggested a new Forum meeting was opened before any true military actions happened. It had been, after all, nearly two months since the declaration of war without any military actions. This so called declaration of war could more aptly be named 'declaration of we are mad at you'.And, of course, the First Minister, showing his usual style of diplomacy, offered a large bundle of Stan cats to anyone who managed to get the other guy to put his gun down.

voidstars.png

IC: Aquileon agreed that war was a regrettable course of action, but soldiers had been killed in action by the people of another nation, and in Aquileon history that tended to be one way to start a war. If Waalrusaan was not willing to fight for the land, they said, perhaps they shouldn't have tried to kick Aquileonese people off of Aquileonese land and take it for themselves.OOC:Aquileon reportProvinces:I-18: Super Province (80)I-19 Super Province (80)J-18 Super Province (80)J-19 Capital State (60) May 24Bern, I-17 Small State (20) May 9Petragrad, I-16, Small Territory (1), May 11Military Base, P-11Total: 321Military:355 Battalions2x Sabre-class SS (SS-01) (40)2x Vultures (5)2x Gyrfalcons (5) (2x in progress, 15, 5 days remaining) (frozen)3x SAM arty (1)4x Kestrel (10)1x Black Night (20)5x Troy (1)1x Express (5) (1x in progress, 25, 7 days remaining) (frozen)1x Thunderbolt (20), 7 days remaining (frozen)3x Counterbattery (1)2x Chameleon (40) 7 days remaining (frozen)Project Luminous (50) (Mar 22, 2013)2x Valkyrie Network Sat (10)Joint Moonshot (75)Total: 278 :w:

IC: Public opinion in Anitalia was divided on the war, but the official position of the Ministry of War was that Anitalia would honor all of its NEA mutual defense agreements if necessary.With the colonists having been gathered, a new colony was founded at F13, and christened Tuscaní.Construction begun on a Köpekbalığı, to be completed in 27 months.OOC:Provinces:Graeca and Northern Coast(G23): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Konstantiniyye, Atena. (Started 2.9)Northwest Islands(G22): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Milano. (Started 2.9)Italoa and Central Anitalia(H22): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Roma (Started 2.9)Upper Turkiye(H23): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Ankara (Started 2.9)Lower Turkiye(I22): 80 IP, Super Province, largest city Bursa (Started 2.9)Trakya(G17): Medium State, 20 IP, largest city Izmir. (Started 2.23, upgrades 5.24)Azerbaij(F16): large territory, 10 IP, largest city Baku. (Started 4.9, upgrades 5.140)Pelipon(E15): medium territory, 5 IP, largest city Spaerti. (Started 4.16, upgrades 5.14)Tuscani(F13): settlement, 0 IP, largest city Firenze. (Started 5.6, upgrades 5.13)435 IP totalMilitary Bases:Islands- G20(Crete), L23(Rhodos), O16(Karpathos), Q18(Kasos)Claimed- H17, H16, G16, F15, F14, G15, G14, G13, E13, D13, D14, E14R&D25 IP into genetic engineering.25 IP into powered armor.25 IP into cloaking technology50 into lunar launchVehicles:4 groups(3) M4 Aslans. (total 4 IP)3 groups(3) M3 Ejderha, (total 6 IP)4 groups(4) M1 Aygir, (total 4 IP)2 groups(3) A5 Taşıyıcı(total 2 IP)1 groups(3) A3 Serçe (total 1 IP)1 Group(2) A1 Kartal (total 5 IP)3 Group(2) A2 Şahin (total 12 IP)2 Kılıçbalığı (Total 6 IP)1 Space Shuttle, total 10 IP1 domestic satellite network, 25 IP75 IP towards NEA Space programUnder Construction:S6 Köpekbalığı(Started 5.6, finish 6.4)(total 150 IP)Total: 435 IP – 269 = 166 IPInfantry:G23, 100 battalionsG22, 100 battalionsH22, 100 battalionsH23, 100 battalionsI22, 100 battalions.G17, 5 battalionsF16, 2 battalionsE15, 2 battalionsF13, no battalionsTotal: 509 battalions.Janissaries:3000.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: As far as I'm aware the Arch of Titus was built by Domitian in an attempt to legitimise his own rule, given that he made himself enormously unpopular to the extent that an attempt was made to obliterate all traces of his rule. I don't see anything that suggests he needed or wanted the people's backing to build it.Its the people in charge who want wars, and since they're the ones who have the power we have wars. The common people, and they're the ones who's opinion we're talking about remember, don't. Because its them and/or their loved ones who are going to go and do the dying. If you wanted another ancient example, look at the Sicilian Expedition. The people didn't want war, especially not after the business with the hermai, but Alcibiades managed to get it passed in the Ekklesia so war it was. For the record, it didn't end well.Shipping stuff to soldiers is something done in this world by many charities and organisations (its one of the things Help for Heroes does I believe), and they have their own supplies too, so not so ridiculous. But yes, they're asking for rocket fuel to be shipped to Arctungaad on Blue Crescent ships. Thats what they think Blue Crescent is for, shipping people in dire needed supplies. They're sort of right in that basic sense, they're just missing a few key details. And if you want to air strike the ships of a neutral organisation which technically belong to a nation that has a history of conflict with Aquileon, be my guest :Pbtw, could you describe the security arrangements at P11 for the prisoners and keeping the guards supplies? You've said before it was only a light installation with fences and the like, but I'd still prefer to have details so my next move doesn't have you immediately shouting "no that couldn't happen" :)IC: The Waalrusaan issued a counter statement pointing out that who owned the territory was still a matter for the Forum. They had claimed it, when the Aquileonese had merely taken it, after all. They would issue an apology for the riots when the Aquileonese apologised for bottling the colonists up on the coast, thus forcing such desperation, rather than giving them proper accomodationOOC: Waalrusaan industry reportProvincesAivukus-Super Province-80 IP-100 BattalionsValenticaas-Capital State (Upgrade May 17)-60 IP-50 BattalionsPontolis-Capital State (Upgrade May 17)-60 IP-50 BattalionsGomphotaa-Capital State (Upgrade May 24)-60 IP-50 BattalionsOriensarctuu-Capital State (Upgrade May 24)-60 IP-50 BattalionsSeeshgaad-Capital State (Upgrade May 24)-60 IP-50 BattalionsTotal IP: 380Constructions45 Laanstreiker tanks: -9 IP6 Sturmackker: -3 IP1 Saastuusk-1: -25 IP1 Saastuusk-1: -120 IP (Complete May 14)50 Sturmstreikkers: -5 IPSatellite: -50 IP (Complete May 5)Project White: -50 IP (Complete May 9)10 Skaaskurch: -50 IP (Complete May 14)Total Deductions: 312Free IP: 68OtherMilitary Outpost T24Military Outpost R13Orbital Satellite Network (3 Satellites)

Edited by Armageddon Out Of Here

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:An Astarian counterargument came up, with a fair bit of frustration and resentment evident in the tone, stating that the Forum had no official power to dictate who owned or didn't own land. Astaria had proposed a resolution to dictate who owned what, and no one had spoken a word. The blame for whatever came ahead, in Astarian eyes, fell to the Forum itself, which could have acted to prevent this.The Blue Crescent refused to carry rocket fuel; it was, after all, a high explosive, and that was dangerously close to carrying munitions. More importantly, the Blue Crescent had vastly overestimated the extent of the conflict; most of the organization that had been sent out had returned to Astarian territories.

-Rover

INDUSTRY REPORT:PROVINCES:A2: Skinhok- Medium state-30 IP 5 battalions Now April 16- Done May 10A3: Clinvel- Medium State-30 IP 5 battalions Now April 16- Done May 10B2: Meltat- Capitol State-60 IP 50 battalions Now April 16- Done May 17B3: Dacros- Medium State-30 IP 5 battalions Now April 16- Done May 10C2: Nytle- Medium State-30 IP 5 battalions Now April 16- Done May 10C3: Benser- Large State-40 IP 10 battalions Now April 16- Done May 10C7: Skorhinjell-1 IP 1 battalions- Now April 24- done May 15C14: Dertonic- 1 IP 1 battalions- Now May 1- Done May 16UNITS:2 Seabhac helicopters 1 IP4 Iolar helicopters 6 IP5 Mathan tanks 1 IP10 Ga Solis anti-air vehicles 2 IP10 IPBASES:F2NATIONAL PROJECTS: Hostligns Now April 13- done August 13 75 IPWeapons development 5 IPFiber optics- Now April 15 done May 15 25 IPBackpack generators 75 IP now April 20Ocean search- 10 IPBUILDING:NoneTotal battalions- 82Toal IP used 190 total IP 222IC: The helicopter company started to work on the desiegn for the new, long-range, helicopter.At the international colony, a new think tank was formed to answer just why the storms around each country had cleared just after they launched their first rocket. Theores ranged from, "Aliens did it" The intens heat from the rockets messed with the pressure systems in the storm clouds and caused them to disperse. They asked for weather data from the diferent countries to give them some of the datapoints they would need if they wanted to to figure anything out.The government of Fillion had never liked the idea of people claiming huge portions of the mainland as theirs in the first place. Placing a colony down and telling others to stay out of that area was fine but trying to claim a place and then getting upset when they found somebody was already there, or somebody got there before they set colonies down in that place, was rather petty.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Magnetic Anomaly Detector research complete.IC:Gathering volunteers for a new colony.IC: Varangia"Splendid, then." Lady Caliak said. "Thank you for your time; I'd love to stay, but it looks like I'm needed back in Astaria, that fiasco with the mainland and all..."

IR:O-8: Super Province(80)N-7: Super Province(80)O-9: Super Province(80)O-7: Capitol State(60)[9/28]P-8: Large State (40)[16/21]O-11: Medium State(30)[5/21]N-12: Large Territory(10)[2/21]N-6: Military Base, space launch facilityQ-10: Military BaseF-2: Military BaseTotal IP: 310Projects:2 P-19 Shadowbolts(25)(7/12)PSI(25)22/60]CDN(50)22/30]Re-Armament(5)[1/14]8 P-19 Shadowbolts(100)(1/12)IP Use: 205Standing Military:5 Crusader Helicopters(5)2 Helbrecht-Class Destroyers(20)1 Merinka Class Cruiser(16)60 Python MBTs(12)3 P-11 Interceptors(5)150 squads worth of Red Dragoon forces(15)2 B-9 Shadows(10)80 Boa Transports(10)100 Ruin Riders(1)IP Use: 94Total IP Use: 299/310

-Rover

OOC: I'm not referring to the Arch itself. I'm using it as a symbol for the Revolts. -.- And just because this is getting reeeeally annoying and I don't feel inclined to continue this argument, I'm going to tell you to stop controlling my citizens.Anyway, for camp defenses, it's positioned far enough away from the base itself that the base would have warning of an attack, but close enough that they can send a response unit quickly enough to put down any shenanigans. Two concentric fences of barbed with with guard towers, each one armed with an HMG and floodlight. Guards, obviously, posted 24/7, and they are of equal number to the prisoners. Prisoners' barracks are separated from the armory and guard quarters by a barbed wire fence, with guards patrolling that as well. Vehicle depot is on the faaar opposite side of the camp from the prisoners and surrounded by guard barracks. Guards are trained to respond to a problem within a minute of its cropping up, and that includes off-duty guards (any longer and the odds of them being dead are good). The camp is on an open field, selected specifically for the purpose of preventing approaching people from having a place to hide.:w:

OOC: It should be noted that it is possible - and there are historic cases of this - to get the populace in general enthusiastic about a war before the war starts.Also, I'm kind of curious as to what, precisely, the rules for controlling someone else's citizens are. If doing stuff via newspapers is out of bounds, but forming a secret society headed, apparently, by an unspecified number of spies who waltzed into the country disguised as embassy staff (I'm assuming that's how they got in, because the alternative is teleportation) is alright, then that's kind of weird.**Not complaining or being paranoid this time, just pointing out an inequity that struck me as odd.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: The general rule of thumb that I operate under is it's okay to do something plausible with other player's people except for two occasions: the player directly contradicts you or he outright tells you hands off. That's how I've been doing it. I've pretty much done everything I plausibly can in-game but it feels like Power is ignoring it. :w:

OOC: So it's not about the scale or significance of it, it's about whether the other guy tells you to get your fingers out of the brains of his citizens.Seems reasonable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: *Has a terrible coughing fit*IC:Alessia Caliak, upon returning to Astaria, reaffirmed her government's position of neutrality, and put a ban on arms deals to either side in the war. Privately, her sentiment ran along the lines of "get on with it!"

-Rover

OOC: The general rule of thumb that I operate under is it's okay to do something plausible with other player's people except for two occasions: the player directly contradicts you or he outright tells you hands off. That's how I've been doing it. I've pretty much done everything I plausibly can in-game but it feels like Power is ignoring it. :w:

OOC: As I stated back at the start of this, the first contingent to start pro-Wa were Waalrusaan themselves. Other people picked up on it because thats what happens when you have free media. You started getting rid of the 'free' part, at which point the pro-Wa stories stopped, which you can see because I stopped posting about it. You said the stories had stopped, so they stopped. I fail to see at any point where I've been controlling your citizens to any degree greater than you've done to others or been ignoring your methods. I've been showing your methods as successful, if anything. Please try to think accusations through before you start throwing them around, because its sort of pot and kettle when you don't :)IC: There had been ten of them originally. A full Sturmstreikker squadron, to go with the colonists and keep them safe. There had been rumours of people disappearing on the continent after all. They had tried to stop the riots but it had been ten against hundreds, thousands...Three of them had died in that trying to keep the worst of the violence down without revealing themselves. Two more had been amongst those shipped to Standast. That left five. But that was plenty.Acquiring guards uniforms had been easy, there were plenty lying around during and directly after the riots. After that they had memorised the guards rota, when and where the watch changed. With a permanent watch, those were fairly often. Once you knew which guards were being changed it when it was easy to slip out the defences. Who'd be looking for one more guard? During the dark of night, harder for people to spot him or recognise (or rather not recognise) his face, one of the Sturmstreikkers managed to slink out the camp. They were infiltrators, a military unit specifically trained to operate behind enemy lines, sneaking out a crude little camp like this was relatively easy. They'd been listening to the guards even before they figured the best places and times to sneak out, to pick up names, specific greetings, locations...In a uniform, able to speak about the camp in perfect Aquileonese, the infiltrator blended right in to the casual inspection he got just from walking about. When venturing to the armoury he explained he was just checking in his weapon as he turned in for the night and could even sign his name (or rather the name of an unfortunate guard currently out the way watching the camp) in Aquileonese script. Once inside it was a simple matter of acquiring something hand-held and incendiary then leaving. The next step would take more planning...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [standast]While the Stan authorities attempted to puzzle out the three Waalrusaan's at fault here, some popular TV personalities, who had managed to find time slots in Astaria, Aquileon, and potentially Kiserre if the contract ever went through, began pointing out the problems in the whole situation. The Aquileonese had established a base; Waalrusaans came and were mad someone else was already there. The Waalrusaans said if they had gone through the proper channels it wouldn't of happened, when the Waalrusaans were just as much at fault as the Aquileonese. The Aquileonese should of put something out there (but indeed they had, they made no secret of having a supposed mining base), and the Waalrusaan's should of asked. When Standast accidentally encroached on Anitillian claimed space, had the Stans pitched a fit, had their citizens killed Anitllians? No, they had packed up and moved somewhere else.In other words, the entire situation was absurdly stupid, and threatened world peace because someone couldn't be bothered to pack their bags and move elsewhere. Standast, both in the government and the civilian populace, had no wish for war or to see their young men and women slaughtered in what effectively amounted to "hey, I was here first!" "screw you!" "no, screw you!" Historically, Stan feuds started over something like this were despised for being a waste of lives and resources.And the First Minister, seeing his offer of cats didn't work, doubled the amount of cats that would be delivered. And he said that the video game contest was still going on, despite this nonesense, and the winners would be announced shortly.OOCI'll get the map updated ASAP. As well, anyone who entered for the 10 IP video game prize, could you repost whatever game you entered? I'm too lazy at the moment to go trudge through all of this.

voidstars.png

IC:While his points were valid, a Stan TV personality was relentlessly mocked for using the adjective "of" rather than the past-tense action "have"; the error was a stereotype of the uneducated.Astaria has retracted recognition of the Aquilonian rights to the mining territory, saying that if the peace could not be maintained, the land should not be kept. The idea went back to the days of feudalism, but it was common.OOC: I entered Marathon.

-Rover