Aging

I believe no one currently has died in the Matoran Universe from old age. Technically, no matoran is supposed to die that way, as they can have mechanical parts replaced, and originally that is what Karzahni was created for.Bottom line, they can die from old age, very rarely, and none have yet because it can be easily prevented.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

They can age, it just takes a long time for them to age. The reason why no matoran or toa has died of old age yet is because the MU hasn't lasted long enough (only a measly 100,000 years). Maybe as they continue to live on Spherus Magna they will eventually become old, but not at the moment.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Wait a sec... TBOC, last I heard, they had a "lifespan", and simply none have reached that age yet. Where did you get that the rebuilding prolongs life indefinately?They can replace arms and legs, and maybe even the torso, but as far as I know, not the head, and not the brain (or whatever equiv of brain they have; we still don't know). That latter part will wear down eventually, as I understand it. Granted, it makes logical sense that rebuilding would help prolong life to some extent, but I haven't heard it confirmed that it's significant.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

my thing is that the agori live far longer than the matoran. Reason i say this is that if you think about it the agori were living on spherus-magna before the great beings even started to build the MU which would indicate the agori could have a longer life span than matoran since they have lived longer than the matoran. i just wanted to point it out.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

my thing is that the agori live far longer than the matoran. Reason i say this is that if you think about it the agori were living on spherus-magna before the great beings even started to build the MU which would indicate the agori could have a longer life span than matoran since they have lived longer than the matoran.i just wanted to point it out.

I don't think it has been said how long the average lifespan of a Matoran (or any other MU resident) is, so I don't think it can be said that Agori have longer lifespans than them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

my thing is that the agori live far longer than the matoran. Reason i say this is that if you think about it the agori were living on spherus-magna before the great beings even started to build the MU which would indicate the agori could have a longer life span than matoran since they have lived longer than the matoran.i just wanted to point it out.

I don't think it has been said how long the average lifespan of a Matoran (or any other MU resident) is, so I don't think it can be said that Agori have longer lifespans than them.
true i did overlook that little info. but still the agori are older than the matoran or any MU inhabitant, although i think the matoran would live longer than the agori due to their mechanical. I must ask something and i will try to say it simple and precise: has It been revealed how new agori come into existence?It would be really nice if someone could help answer that questionthanks.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

New Agori/Glatorian apparently come into being the same way we do. And the Nuva witnessed Av-Matoran turning into Bohrok, not dying of old age. That seems to have been more of a "it was their destiny to turn into Bohrok, at this time" thing, not a life-cycle thing. And in any case I'm pretty sure that was -only- Av-Matoran.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just wondering, by extension, would the whole turning into Bohrok stuff apply to Shadow Matoran?If that's the case would they be identical to normal Bohrok or rather would there be some sort trait that shows their shadow origins?As for aging, the first Matoran/Toa/Turaga to show signs of it will be Takua.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Just wondering, by extension, would the whole turning into Bohrok stuff apply to Shadow Matoran?If that's the case would they be identical to normal Bohrok or rather would there be some sort trait that shows their shadow origins?

I don't remember reading anything that said that Shadow Matoran could become Bohrok, so I don't think they can. I could be wrong on that though.If they did, however, I think they would act the same as regular Bohrok. They were all being controlled by the Bahrag through the Krana, and they're all 'non-living, robotic entities' according to BS01. So I think they would all be the same. Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wait a sec... TBOC, last I heard, they had a "lifespan", and simply none have reached that age yet. Where did you get that the rebuilding prolongs life indefinately?They can replace arms and legs, and maybe even the torso, but as far as I know, not the head, and not the brain (or whatever equiv of brain they have; we still don't know). That latter part will wear down eventually, as I understand it. Granted, it makes logical sense that rebuilding would help prolong life to some extent, but I haven't heard it confirmed that it's significant.

Hmm, I meant more that as their mechanical parts wear down, they can most likely be replaced (like armor and arms, legs, I mean, the Turaga seemed to be able to rebuild people, so I'd assume this can be done with most Matoran. Organic matter an organs would be able to be replaced, as I don't think anyone has a stash of organs around (we'd hope)I guess it wouldn't be very significant, but would be able to aid them if needed. Anyway, the Matoran don't seem to have been around long enough to need replacements, and the only matoran that could possibly have need them were Karzahni matoran (the ones sent there)(and I'm freaking out, bonesii acknowledged me)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Well, considering that the Toa and Matoran were built to be long lasting robots made to maintain the giant robot Mata-Nui, they would more like fall apart than die of old age. The only part that could rely suffer from old age would be their organic muscle or lungs.

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

As the Matoran were only supposed to last only long enough to maintain the MU, it's possible that the Great Beings designed them to last only about 100 000 years - even though I don't think that will happen as it would be a depressing anticlimax.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

As the Matoran were only supposed to last only long enough to maintain the MU, it's possible that the Great Beings designed them to last only about 100 000 years - even though I don't think that will happen as it would be a depressing anticlimax.

No, if the MU robot got delayed for whatever reason, the Great Beings would have wanted the Matoran to last longer in order to complete their mission. Also, if an inherent failsafe had been worked into the Matoran/Toa to die after 100,000 years, then why was Marendar created?

I think you're right about the age thing, fishers64, but technically the Marendar point doesn't work as something could have gone wrong with Toa prior to that time. Unlikely though.