How did Jovan die?

Hi, guys. I have been thinking about Turaga Jovan's death. You see, during the Great Cataclysm long ago, Jovan was in Voya Nui along with the Matoran there during the time. He somehow died when Voya Nui was ripped out from the Matoran Universe and landed on Aqua Magna. Jovan got revived in the Red Star, though.

Now, apparently Jovan is the only known Voya Nui resident to have died during the Cataclysm. Were there a number of Matoran who died during the time, too (If so, where is the source)? I wonder how did Jovan die during the Great Cataclysm? Would you think he may have been crushed by a piece of Voya Nui's dome, a rocky hill, or a building in a village in Voya Nui? Or, did that evil Great Being who pretended to be a Matoran named Velika or some hostile Rahi kill him? Turaga are fragile, like human elders, you know.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The Myths and Legacy continuation of The Powers That Be threw out the idea of Velika being the one to kill Jovan a couple of weeks ago. It was a cool reveal that worked within the context of that story, as the Toa needed to encounter someone who knew Velika's identity as the secret GB in order for the narrative to move forward. 

But ultimately it's up to our own interpretation as to how/why he died. Personally I don't feel that there needs to be a deeper explanation to why one old man perished in a horrific natural disaster that killed hundreds of others across the universe. Not every death and tragedy in the entire Bionicle universe needs to directly tie back to the secret villain that Greg retroactively added to canon after the story was finished. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All Turaga have an "off" switch on their back, and during the Cataclysm he accidentally backed into a wall and flipped it.

J/k. He probably died the same way earthquakes kill people in the real world, by physical trauma, compounded too by his advanced age.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The way it was described in the book, I would guess. Massive physical trauma from the Great Cataclysm.

Turaga are also not fragile, like human elders. They are stronger than Matoran in everything but the movies.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2023 at 9:00 PM, Master Inika said:

All Turaga have an "off" switch on their back, and during the Cataclysm he accidentally backed into a wall and flipped it.

J/k. He probably died the same way earthquakes kill people in the real world, by physical trauma, compounded too by his advanced age.

I have seen this off switch. If you hit it hard enough the Turaga will move their right arm in response, and then it will snap back into place, as if pulled by a spring of some sort. 🤣

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!