Do you believe or have you seen any cryptids or paranormal things/beings?

I’m deeply fascinated by the paranormal and strange occurrences. Especially beings like aliens, Bigfoot, mothman, hauntings, etc. I have yet to witness any myself in spite of deeply desiring to. I live in an area with frequent BF sightings and other related things. I’d there a paranormal thread already? I didn’t see one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great idea for a thread. There's definitely stuff out there we don't know about yet or don't understand out there. Declaring any one particular being as real or fake is a bit harder. I used to be more into this stuff when I was in my early teens and as a young kid I was very scared by the cryptids I believed to exist in my area.

I know people who have seen things, but I’ve never experienced anything

I’m a skeptic, but I keep an open mind. Who am I to say you did or didn’t see something? I’m sure there is a logical explanation, but there are somethings too wild and too frequent that can be explained

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Seen? No, I live in the middle of North West England, not exactly a hotspot for cryptids. :v

Believe? Ehh, not particularly. I find them interesting and how they've affected different forms of media, but most of them are either hoaxes or explained by other things, be they misidentifed animal or natural phenomenon.

I wouldn't say aliens count toward this as the existence of other life in the universe (and the possibility more advanced civilisations have visited us) falls more under science, and I'm a firm believer that we aren't alone. Less so as to whether aliens really have come to Earth though, not until one comes up to me and high fives me, anyway...

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, definite believer here- unfortunately from multiple scarring personal experiences at a young age. Being too scared to scream or speak of things for years was not something I anticipated. My old house wasn’t a pleasant place. Being chronically ill and having insomnia I found out that the chronic creaking walls and stairs were maybe not just the foundation shifting like we’d all hoped. Not just that type, though. My family also witnessed some things personally and some unexplained events together. You know it’s not your imagination when you and a witness see your front door slam itself in broad daylight on a non windy day. 🫣
(Not to mention my late gov . worker close relative who stated the existence of ETs and claimed to work on their tech/be using it in their aircraft designs. This was in the 1960s-80s)

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Like 1

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

• 1 month later...

Well being Catholic I guess you can say I believe in the supernatural. I myself recall being visited by my grandmother in a dream and the next day my mother said she could have sworn she heard foot steps during the night and thought someone had come into the house. Make of that what you will. 

• Like 1

It's time to move on.

I have never personally seen anything. I believe stuff I don't understand exists but I don't believe most people who say they've seen it.

Edited by Master Inika
  • Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!