How can I get more replies on my topics?

1) pick a more active venue than BZPower. The unfortunate truth is that this website doesn't get as much traffic as it used to and probably never will again.

2) respectfully, put more effort into your topics. Of the recent ones I have checked out from you, most of them were not things I found very interesting. Your recent question about whether you are allowed to put "Official" in a topic name is a basic yes/no question that I just assumed an administrator would eventually handle for you. [I think the answer is no, BTW, or at least it used to be. I once tried to make something like an "Official Rhotuka Spinner Power" topic some years ago and it got closed.] I don't know anything about the Pringles vlogs you mentioned in another topic. You don't actually mention BIONICLE that much. If you can write/draw or make MOCs, posting those would be the most baseline way of engaging with the BIONICLE community.

3) tying in to point 2, try not to post as many topics. A small number of higher-effort engagements will be better received than a ton of fairly low-effort posts bordering on spam.

On a deeper level, though, not just BIONICLE fans but people in general don't like to follow creators who feel like they're trying to get popular. The people who get platforms are the ones with interesting talents or unique perspectives, not people going out of their way to just get popular. Hope you found this helpful.

• Like 6

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1 hour ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

How can I put more effort into my posts? Also, how much traffic does BZPower get nowadays?

That’s the thing, putting effort into something isn’t something I can give you steps to do. If you want something you are publishing to be interesting, you’ll just naturally try to make it rewarding to engage with.

There’s a little ticker at the bottom of the main forum page that says how many people are on BZPower. Right now there are five people with accounts (two of them being you and me) and 100-ish lurkers. This is a small fraction of what it used to be.

• Like 3

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

2 hours ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

Well, I guess BZPower is dying.

BZP is "dying" as much as every other corner of the Bionicle fandom is. 

We're talking about a niche Lego theme that was cancelled almost a decade-and-a-half-ago (discounting the short-lived, poorly-received reboot and a few other little bones Lego has thrown us over the years). Most casual fans already aged out and moved on years ago. The story is so dense and scattered that it's difficult for new fans to get involved. The price of second-hand sets is also prohibitive for prospective incoming collectors.

All that's left is an increasingly insular, dwindling community of hardcore fans. I'm afraid we're not fertile ground for growing a following. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don’t think BZP will ever be significantly more active at this point. Tis a tiny community and a prime place for contented lurkers, longtime lasting members and few new active friends who occasionally hop in. It also probably will not be a place of popularity for anybody, given its forum format instead of follower-focus like social media. It’s why it so appeals to me and my happy-hermit-unhealthy levels of real world reclusivity. 

Anyway, hope you find enjoyment about the site and welcome aboard! :)

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Like 5

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

11 hours ago, Master Inika said:

3) tying in to point 2, try not to post as many topics. A small number of higher-effort engagements will be better received than a ton of fairly low-effort posts bordering on spam.

Yes, to this point, you might want to consider starting a blog here on BZP for things like pringle vlogs and so on. I've found it nice to use my bzp blog as a place to collect and post non-Bionicle thoughts and musings for the community to interact with. They're a nice platform for getting to know community members and their own interests and hobbies. Sure, the blogs are a bit "out of the way" and don't show up on the bzp home page, but there is slightly more consistent interaction I've seen on users blogs. 

Be sure to read up on the rules, [ link here ]and I recommend browsing some of the more active blogs to get a lay of the land before starting your own. 

• Like 2

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

18 minutes ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

I don't see the option to create a blog.

Hmm, my mistake. There may be a waiting period for newer members or some other guardrail.  I'll see if I can find the revised criteria for creating a blog. 

Edited by Aderia
not actually sure how blog creation works, oops!
  • Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)

1 hour ago, Aderia said:

Hmm, my mistake. There may be a waiting period for newer members or some other guardrail.  I'll see if I can find the revised criteria for creating a blog. 

Actually, I just realized blogs are only available to BZPower Premier Members.

35 minutes ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

Unfortunate reality is that running a website is expensive. It’s worth it, though. It’s part of demonstrating that you have a real investment in the fandom and are not just chasing clout.

I bought a temporary Premier Membership a while back and I’m still able to update my blog, so you can pick any option and still get a permanent blog.

• Like 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

41 minutes ago, PortalPuppy31 said:

Yeah, I'm sorry - I thought they changed at some point so any member could start a blog, but maybe I'm mis-remembering! 

4 minutes ago, Master Inika said:

I bought a temporary Premier Membership a while back and I’m still able to update my blog, so you can pick any option and still get a permanent blog.

Thank you for the clarification! Maybe that's why I was confused!

• Like 1

I once was raffle gifted by @GSR a temporary premier membership and then logged in years later to find I could still/again blog. @Valendale said after a forum upgrade the BZP bday week perks “just stayed on” and I assume that is why I’m able to currently. Newly (post 2020ish) joined members haven’t been able to blog though, for unclear reasons (guessing it involves join date/past access?) and ambiguous current rules on it. @Bambitried terribly hard to help at least a couple of new members start blogs, but finding it for some reason impossible, generously gifted them premier memberships himself. 
The entire 3+ years I’ve semi regularly blogged here I’ve been 100% terrified to ask if I’m allowed to be, for fear of an unfortunate truth, and feel quite guilty. Too poor/no access to Real Adult Money to  properly purchase premier and my peace of conscience back. Kind of feel like a homeless person over there that for some reason nobody has kicked out yet.. Very sorry to staff if I’ve stolen blog privileges somehow all this time…🙈.

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
  • Like 5

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi