The 2006 sneak preview comic

From what I can find on BS01, the Piraka used the Toa Mata's original canisters.

Since that sphere doesn't really resemble those, it's probably safe to assume the figure depicted inside is Vezon. He arrived on Voya Nui first, using what's said to be a different canister that Teridax took from a murdered Order Of Mata Nui member. 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 hour ago, Nato G said:

Since that sphere doesn't really resemble those, it's probably safe to assume the figure depicted inside is Vezon. He arrived on Voya Nui first, using what's said to be a different canister that Teridax took from a murdered Order Of Mata Nui member. 

vezon yet again messing up the story-just how greg intended.

joking aside we know that matoran can join the order and maybe there are more types of of matoran sphere? I can imagine makuta rigging the spheres for his purposes.

-the matoran agent could have been sent to infiltrate the populace

-this being was killed by makuta

-makuta probably did, nt want the canister because it reminded him of vakama (and failure)

-vezon found the matoran sphere and curled up in It. (can the set fit?)

-vezon arrives at voya nui

(or you know it might be bad guy 06)

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

Good catch, I always assumed it was one of the Piraka and they just drew a sphere instead of a canister because the spheres had been in store (in the form of the Toa Metru canisters' lids) more recently.

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1 hour ago, Master Inika said:

they just drew a sphere instead of a canister because the spheres had been in store more recently.

That seems to be the case.

The later comics all show the canisters to be standard cylinders, including the one Vezon arrived in. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

For anyone interested, Legacy of Evil explains how the Piraka got the canisters. I'd recommend reading the whole chapter for context. Or, just get straight to the point:

As he descended to bring this news to his partners, Zaktan’s eyes spotted something else. Six large canisters rested on their ends in a row near the base of the mountain. They had obviously been placed there for a reason. Their condition showed that someone had been tasked with taking care of them.

It took only a short examination for him to determine that these were Toa transport canisters. He had no idea to whom they belonged, nor did it matter, as long as those Toa were nowhere around. With their boat destroyed by the Mana Ko, these would be a perfect solution to the problem of getting to Voya Nui.

Then an idea struck Zaktan. There would almost certainly be Matoran where the Piraka were going. And what Matoran would not hail the arrival of Toa canisters, and the Toa they inevitably brought? Traveling in these would give an invader a free pass to almost any island.

He smiled. Even if the Piraka could only fool the Matoran into thinking they were Toa for a brief time, those few hours or days might be all they would need to find the Mask of Life.

Within the hour, the Piraka had succeeded in hauling the canisters down to the beach. Avak had managed to figure out how they worked and chart a rough course to Voya Nui, with Zaktan’s help. Neither wasted time wondering how they knew just where the island was located. There was, after all, a mask to find.

“When we get there, remember — you are Toa,” Zaktan said. “Try to act like them… or at least not like your usual selves. The Matoran will welcome us as heroes, little suspecting our true natures.”

“That’s right,” laughed Reidak. “Hey, look at me! I’m Toa Reidak! Where’s my mask? Where’s my tool? Where’s my swelled head and stuck-up attitude?”

Zaktan frowned. “Perhaps, Reidak, it would be better if you stay in your canister and let the Matoran come to you. It might be more convincing.”

One by one, the Piraka climbed into their canisters. Hakann helped Vezok into his and watched as the hatch was sealed. When he was sure no one was looking, he used two quick bursts of his heat vision to puncture a tiny hole in the canister and weld the hatch shut.

I’m not sure if you can swim, Vezok, old friend, Hakann thought. But I’ll bet you can drown.

The six canisters moved away from the beach. Each Piraka knew now that there was no turning back. They had abandoned their lives as Dark Hunters and would, now, be actively hunted down as traitors by their former comrades. They were embarking on a new adventure — a chance to steal a mask coveted for ages by powerful factions throughout the universe. If they succeeded in their mission, they would be at war with the world. If they failed, they would be dead.
As their canisters rode the waves southward, none of the Piraka could picture a life better than this.

Edited by Bambi
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, confused piraka said:

the problem is that its a matoran sphere

And later comics confirm that it isn't. All of the media produced after this point depicts or describes standard cylinders, so this teaser image should just be taken as a mistake (especially since even the text shown refers to a canister, rather than a sphere). 

• Like 2