Av-Matoran

Yes, any Matoran who is destined to become a Toa can indeed become one with a Toa Stone (plus a few other methods). The only question is whether their destiny includes becoming a Toa (which is more likely for Av-Matoran than any other variety).In other words, it's possible, but not extremely likely. They have relatively good odds, but nothing is certain.It doesn't even matter who gave them the stone, since we've seen that Helryx's Toa Power could make Krakua into a Toa even though they don't share an element.~ BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Yes, any Matoran who is destined to become a Toa can indeed become one with a Toa Stone (plus a few other methods). The only question is whether their destiny includes becoming a Toa (which is more likely for Av-Matoran than any other variety).In other words, it's possible, but not likely.It doesn't even matter who gave them the stone, since we've seen that Helryx's Toa Power could make Krakua into a Toa even though they don't share an element.~ BioGio

Or Lhikan with the Toa Metru. He made Toa stones for all of them, but he only shared his element with Vakama.And yes, if they were destined to, they could become Toa. Just the same as those Av-Matoran who are destined to become Bohrok.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Yes, any Matoran who is destined to become a Toa can indeed become one with a Toa Stone (plus a few other methods). The only question is whether their destiny includes becoming a Toa (which is more likely for Av-Matoran than any other variety).In other words, it's possible, but not likely.It doesn't even matter who gave them the stone, since we've seen that Helryx's Toa Power could make Krakua into a Toa even though they don't share an element.~ BioGio

Why would it be more likely for an Av-Toran to be destined to be a Toa? I always figured that in the main Bionicle universe (Not pocket dimensions) Takua was unique in that he was the only Av-toran destined to be a Toa.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It doesn't even matter who gave them the stone, since we've seen that Helryx's Toa Power could make Krakua into a Toa even though they don't share an element.~ BioGio

I stand corrected. So yeah, if destined to, one existing Toa could turn a bunch of Av-Matoran into Toa of Light. :) Now that's a story.

Why would it be more likely for an Av-Toran to be destined to be a Toa? I always figured that in the main Bionicle universe (Not pocket dimensions) Takua was unique in that he was the only Av-toran destined to be a Toa.
I think the above part of the post that refers to that is a typo...

To quote BS01:

Each Av-Matoran has a higher chance of being destined to become a Toa than other types of Matoran, due to the fact that they were the first type of Matoran.

Source.~ BioGioEDIT: Quotes are way to messy. Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Also, wasn't it said at one point the Order scattered hidden Av-Matoran throughout the MU who were destined to become Toa? I may be remembering wrong though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Also, wasn't it said at one point the Order scattered hidden Av-Matoran throughout the MU who were destined to become Toa? I may be remembering wrong though.

Yes, it is called the Time Slip. I believe that was an insurance policy against the Makuta going rogue, that they would have a Toa of Light to fight against. Mask of Light + randomly destined Matoran of Light = Toa of Light.

The Time Slip Matoran were not necessarily destined to become Toa, since plenty did not (e.g., the builder of the Toa Canisters--as far as we now know). It was really just to ensure that Av-Matoran in general couldn't all be destroyed at once. (This statement is based on the lack of any reference to all of the Time Slip Matoran being destined to become Toa; if anyone can find it stated otherwise, please tell where.) Thus, some of the Karda Nui Matoran could be destined to become Toa, and some of the scattered Av-Matoran may not have had that as their destines.~ BioGio

To add to this, the reason the Brotherhood wanted to infect the Av-Matoran in Karda Nui was so that hopefully one of them would eventually become a Toa of Shadow.

"Look pal, if you don't channel your Toa energy into this stone so we can create a bunch of dark Toa..."They already had a bunch of shadow Taka hanging out in the wings, and I really doubt they would have wanted to capture and forced a Toa to transform them. I guess they might have done the transforming thing with said Shadow Takanuva, but that's a gamble. I think the draining of the Av-Matoran was to eliminate them as a threat (Makuta are adverse to light) and to provide "eyes" for the blind Makuta.

To add to this, the reason the Brotherhood wanted to infect the Av-Matoran in Karda Nui was so that hopefully one of them would eventually become a Toa of Shadow.

"Look pal, if you don't channel your Toa energy into this stone so we can create a bunch of dark Toa..."They already had a bunch of shadow Taka hanging out in the wings, and I really doubt they would have wanted to capture and forced a Toa to transform them. I guess they might have done the transforming thing with said Shadow Takanuva, but that's a gamble. I think the draining of the Av-Matoran was to eliminate them as a threat (Makuta are adverse to light) and to provide "eyes" for the blind Makuta.
Yeah, I'd say it's so that if they did become Toa they would not oppose them and become a threat.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

i will say this. i think the shadow takanuva army may have been a secret project by tridax. that is just my theory because if it was known by the rest of the brotherhood why didn't they use them earlier.but that is just my theory.

Yes, any Matoran who is destined to become a Toa can indeed become one with a Toa Stone (plus a few other methods). The only question is whether their destiny includes becoming a Toa (which is more likely for Av-Matoran than any other variety).In other words, it's possible, but not extremely likely. They have relatively good odds, but nothing is certain.It doesn't even matter who gave them the stone, since we've seen that Helryx's Toa Power could make Krakua into a Toa even though they don't share an element.~ BioGio

um i don't think it was helryx who transformed krakua into a toa because that would require her to give up her toa energy causing her to become a turaga and i think we all know she was not a turaga due to the fact her and krakua were both toa at the same time.also this brings up a question i have had for quite awhile can the toa nuva and by extension helryx become turaga since they were created as toa and were never matoran?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i will say this. i think the shadow takanuva army may have been a secret project by tridax. that is just my theory because if it was known by the rest of the brotherhood why didn't they use them earlier.but that is just my theory.

um i don't think it was helryx who transformed krakua into a toa because that would require her to give up her toa energy causing her to become a turaga and i think we all know she was not a turaga due to the fact her and krakua were both toa at the same time.also this brings up a question i have had for quite awhile can the toa nuva and by extension helryx become turaga since they were created as toa and were never matoran?
I stand corrected on the top. In that case, my theory is supported because you cannot transform any Matoran into a Toa without a Toa. And since the Brotherhood were not Toa, I don't think they planned on making a bunch of Shadow toa out of the Kra-Matoran. I think they just wanted them out of the way.As for the bottom, I think Greg confirmed that they could become Turaga. It's possible, but it is unlikely that they will want to, seeing as they are needed in their current powerful state.EDIT: Helryx would likely have used only a small portion of the her Toa power to turn Krakua into a Toa, like when the Toa Metru placed a small portion of their power into their Toa stones on Mata Nui. There was this theorum awhile back about Toa power from a stone triggering some innate power in a chamber with them, so Helryx wouldn't have had to have given up all her power, just a small amount. Edited by fishers64

As long as they're destined to become a Toa, Av-Matoran are no different from other Matoran when it comes to becoming Toa.

Indeed. I wish I had said that. :/

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Matoran becoming Toa is like cars and gasoline- a Toa of Fire can transfer his power to any destined Matoran, whether it be Fire, Light, Gravity, Air, etc, just like Fords, Nissans, Hondas, and many other cars take "regular". Putting Toa Power into a Matoran who isn't destined is like putting premium gasoline into a car that only takes diesel- the transaction can take place, but it won't work. (Car people, back me up? I'm just going off basic principle, I'm not sure if that would work)

Matoran becoming Toa is like cars and gasoline- a Toa of Fire can transfer his power to any destined Matoran, whether it be Fire, Light, Gravity, Air, etc, just like Fords, Nissans, Hondas, and many other cars take "regular". Putting Toa Power into a Matoran who isn't destined is like putting premium gasoline into a car that only takes diesel- the transaction can take place, but it won't work. (Car people, back me up? I'm just going off basic principle, I'm not sure if that would work)

Yes, but Toa only hand Toa stones to destined Matoran, because they are guided by destiny when they do so. We have never seen a Toa hand a Toa stone to a Matoran, them try to become a Toa, and it not work.

A better comparison would be putting gasoline in a rock and expecting to be able to drive it like a car. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 3 weeks later...

Well i will say that i wish i could have seen maybe Solek as a toa. there is one thing i will say i've always wanted to see Takua, Jaller and Solek together. reason i say this is because before the time slip Takua and Solek were best friends. then when Takua was relocated he became friends with Jaller. Now both Takua and Jaller are both Toa and now that they are all on Spherus-Magna i think Solek should be a toa then we could have the toa friends team: Takanuva, Toa of Light, Jaller, Toa of Fire and Solek, Toa of Light.i just though that would be interesting

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Tanma does become a toa of light in the kingdom alternate universe, when matoro failed to revive mata nui. Its unknown how exactly he did it, but it was from takanuva becoming a turaga of light and making a few familiar matoran (balta, dalu, defilak) toa

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

A better comparison would be putting gasoline in a rock and expecting to be able to drive it like a car. :P

That... that doesn't work?Anyway, in response to what I've seen, any destined Av-Matoran can be handed by a Toa of any element and transform into a Toa of Light, however the only known matoran to do so is Takua.Av-Matoran are more likely to transform into Toa, more so than any other kind of matoran. Because Toa of Light were one of the biggest threats to Makuta. the Order of Mata-Nui hid many Matoran of Light throughout the universe in disguise during the Time Slip, one being Takua, disguised as a Ta-Matoran on Metru-Nui. The Order hid these matoran because they could be easily taken down or corrupted by the Brotherhood, and as a saftey measure in case the Av-Matoran population was threatened or corrupted, which happened later when The Brotherhood attacked the Matoran villages in Karda-Nui.yeah. Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I still don't understand how Av-Matoran are supposed to be more likely to become Toa, but there had never been a Toa of Light until Takanuva.

There comes a point when we have to ask ourselves a very simple question, "Why?"

swahili_translate.png

Man, I've been on this site for like six years and only have 500+ posts,

being the strong, silent type really doesn't work well online.

I still don't understand how Av-Matoran are supposed to be more likely to become Toa, but there had never been a Toa of Light until Takanuva.

It's that they are more likely to be destined to become Toa. That destiny does not speak to timing. As far as I know none were ever handed a Toa Stone, so however destined they were they didn't become Toa, until the Mask of Light did the same thing for Takua.Here's an analogy. In LOST, Season 1 finale, some of the main characters go to a place to get dynamite. It's been sitting out in a hot jungle for many, many years, which made it "sweat nitroglycerin." Basically that means the slightest impact and it goes boom. You could say it's very likely to explode. But there wasn't much of it and for a long time most of it just sat in a wooden crate.Now compare that to C4. It's actually very hard to blow up, as found by the mythbusters, without special blasting caps. Yet it's mass-produced and is used on a far more common basis than dynamite (specifically because it's so safe). So even though C4 is less likely to explode in terms of its actual physics, in reality it is far more likely to be exploded. Because more people use it as an explosive.

rock%2Bcar.jpgAnyways, what's the point of corrupting Av-Matoran if nobody's going to turn them into Toa? Shouldn't they target the Toa first? And yet, they only ever got that close twice, and only partially succeeded once! Even if Terry told them not to defeat the Toa Nuva, couldn't they have taken the countless other Toa in the universe? Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Anyways, what's the point of corrupting Av-Matoran if nobody's going to turn them into Toa? Shouldn't they target the Toa first?

Doesn't that assume they can't do two things at once? But Toa of Light are confirmed to be especially damaging to beings of shadow.And I thought it was said Toa were being targeted, so much so that they were virtually becoming extinct, compared to huge numbers in the past.

Anyways, what's the point of corrupting Av-Matoran if nobody's going to turn them into Toa? Shouldn't they target the Toa first? And yet, they only ever got that close twice, and only partially succeeded once! Even if Terry told them not to defeat the Toa Nuva, couldn't they have taken the countless other Toa in the universe?

Av-Matoran are annoying to Makuta because they are light-Matoran. Besides, if I'm a Makuta, I'm evil. I want the Matoran to serve me. What better opportunity than to corrupt a few dozen Matoran so they will bow down to me? :evilgrin: Also, the "countless other Toa" were getting hit hard; the only Toa the Brotherhood didn't try to off were the Toa that were inadvertently furthering their plans for them (Nuva, Mahri). Unfortunately, the story focused too much on them, making the Brotherhood look like a bunch of black hulks on pegs. :)