R.e.m

Hexann

"That's me in the corner, that's me in the spot, light, losing my religion!"<3 R.E.M. Losing my Religion is a great song. But the first song that got me into them was The One I Love. I used to hear it in this cheesy commercial like ten years ago, but I never forgot the song. I have their 1982-2011 album. It's pretty great. :3

One of my favorite bands.Losing my Religion has been my favorite song for years."I thought that I heard you laughing, I thought that I heard you sing, I think I thought I saw you try... But that was just a dream, that was just a dream..."Despite that being my favorite song, my favorite album is probably "Lifes Rich Pageant".

I actually got a staff (besides Sumiki) to post on one of my topics and not getting my topic locked after that for once yay!!!Any way I just other R.E.M songs and still It's The End of The World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)" is my favorite.

Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0

Well see, Losing My Religion isn't really about losing your religion at all. It's about losing faith in someone and he's comparing it to losing his religion. (I'm pretty sure...)A lot of songs are misunderstood like that, but I have to admit when I was younger I could have sworn it was about love. lolI really like Everybody Hurts, Nightswimming and Man on the Moon too.

Well see, Losing My Religion isn't really about losing your religion at all. It's about losing faith in someone and he's comparing it to losing his religion. (I'm pretty sure...)A lot of songs are misunderstood like that, but I have to admit when I was younger I could have sworn it was about love. lolI really like Everybody Hurts, Nightswimming and Man on the Moon too.

"losing my religion" is, in fact, southern slang for losing one's interest/faith in something, I believe. It's not their own phrase. The song is about unrequited love.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it REM acronym of?

IREM is a band although I am not sure what REM stands for.
I suggest that next time you post something related to an acronym, first make sure you know what does the acronym stand for. Thread closed (some day I will say that > :biggrin:)
Dude why do the acronym I already said that it was a band.

IREM is a band although I am not sure what REM stands for.
I suggest that next time you post something related to an acronym, first make sure you know what does the acronym stand for. Thread closed (some day I will say that > :biggrin:)
Dude why do the acronym I already said that it was a band.
Yes, but when you make reference to acronyms, prefernetly know what does it stand for. For next time ;)

-G u u R a h K

• 2 weeks later...

REM is "rapid eye movement". It's a phase of sleep.The band says they chose it because it sounds cool and claim that, in their case, it stands for "rapid ear movement".^Also, I know the words to that song."The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide, Mount Saint Edelaide, Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce, and Lester Bangs, birthday party, cheesecake, jellybeans, BOOM!"...That line is based on a dream.

REM is "rapid eye movement". It's a phase of sleep.The band says they chose it because it sounds cool and claim that, in their case, it stands for "rapid ear movement".^Also, I know the words to that song."The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide, Mount Saint Edelaide, Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce, and Lester Bangs, birthday party, cheesecake, jellybeans, BOOM!"...That line is based on a dream.
I think that it's "The other night I dreamt of knives". At least, that's how I've always heard it. I have that song memorized! (Hopefully with the correct lyrics...) I also love "Half A World Away", "Losing My Religion", and "Shiny Happy People". ^-^

Looking for a fresh start...  Call me TL.  

:kaukau: "STAND in the place where you wereNow face North!Think about directionWonder why you haven't beforeNow STAND in the place where you workNow face West!Think about the place where you liveWonder why you haven't beforeIf you are confused check with the sunCarry a compass to help you alongYour feet are going to stay on the ground;Your head is there to move you around!"I'm surprised that I'm the first to mention that song. It's one of those truly catchy pieces that I'd love to have in the background if ever I needed excessive energy. It puts me on a serious high.I also really like "It's the End of the World As We Know It", if only because it's so applicable.To my understanding, the term "loosing my religion" is Southern for "loosing my temper and dignity", although I might be wrong. In any case, it's fairly similar to what everyone else has been saying, though not quite the same.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 4 weeks later...