Who Could Have Died Without Changing The Plot?

• 3 weeks later...

Umbra and Gadunka, yeah. :lol: But I think probably some "minor role" Matoran, while I wouldn't have wanted them to, could have possibly died without leaving that big of a hole.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

You know, I'd like to see a "what if?" story in which all of these characters did seem to die, and a team of "could have been dead" characters decided to start investigating the cause. I have no idea how it would end, other than the characters (mostly) being alive and somehow returning back to their current "official" status, but still...it would be awesome. :D

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

• 2 weeks later...
Podu could've died without changing anything.And imagine if Matoro died... the whole universe would be screwed. XD
Are you kidding me? If Podu died, then Mata Nui would be partially brain dead because Matoran of Metru Nui acts like brain cells to Mata Nui! :PBtw I think all Great Kanoka disks holding Matoran could have died. I mean, with so many clues left behind in their home, the Toa Metru can easily access to the Kanoka themselves without these stupid rebellious Matoran :P
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Podu could've died without changing anything.And imagine if Matoro died... the whole universe would be screwed. XD
Are you kidding me? If Podu died, then Mata Nui would be partially brain dead because Matoran of Metru Nui acts like brain cells to Mata Nui! :PBtw I think all Great Kanoka disks holding Matoran could have died. I mean, with so many clues left behind in their home, the Toa Metru can easily access to the Kanoka themselves without these stupid rebellious Matoran :P
I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sure it'd be bad if you died. XD

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...
Tiribomba. Utterly useless.But on the more serious side, Umbra. His presence on the staircase leading to the Ignika served almost no purpose, and removing him wouldn't adversely affect the story.
There's a character called "Tiribomba"? Seriously? I was laughing like there was no tomorrow. You don't wanna know what it means in other languages.

Tiribomba. Utterly useless.But on the more serious side, Umbra. His presence on the staircase leading to the Ignika served almost no purpose, and removing him wouldn't adversely affect the story.
There's a character called "Tiribomba"? Seriously? I was laughing like there was no tomorrow. You don't wanna know what it means in other languages.
Tiri Bomba means "throws bomb" in Italian

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Any of the Titans could have died at any time. Lego made bigger sets to make bigger money. They became throwaway characters.
Many of the titans were vital characters in the storyline, such as Makuta being the main antagonist. However, there are a few titan sets that only appeared once, and did very little like Umbra. But most of the titan sets were very important in the storyline, changing the storyline dramatically if they died.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I suppose Teri had to stay, but otherwise, who else? Once they started releasing so many titans, they failed to make them useful. Krekka and Nidhiki did die, as did Sidorak. Roodaka fixed the Hagah, who then proceded to lose Zaktan and go crazy (only to be fixed by a blob of jello's mind). Brutaka started an interesting conflict that ended up speeding up the Voya Nui story, but made it more exciting, and then proceded to start an interesting but non-essential side plot. Axonn saved a matoran, again sped up the CoL scene (robbing the ingenuitive thinking process from the toa combat that made it interesting), and cleaved through dirt and stone for the toa (why exactly?). Fenrakk drooled acid and turned into a cannon. Gadunka did nothing, Nocturn ate a whale, Hydraxon showed off the MoLife's powers and got in the way of the story, and Maxilos made a humanoid body for Teridax (he could have used, for example, a takea shark corpse instead). Icarax told the Toa of Life (anyone else think that sounds too much like Toa of Light?) that he was genocidal. Mutran wrote a story. Meganuva brought a compass that pointed at something Tahu had already found. Everybody on Bara Magna was useless and I cannot remember if there were any titans or not./rantIf I missed any, remind me, and I will point out there uselessness as well.

Edited by atvan

atvan

Good question of who had to stay among titans besides Makuta. But remember, nearly anybody could have died after a certain point; I'll assume that we're talking about dying soon after being introduced in this case. Most of the titans could die after their year of introduction, I think.So... None of the "titans" from 2001 needed; the Rahi.2002, Bahrag had to stay until 2007 when the Bohrok cleared Mata Nui Island. Exo-Toa barely did anything useful ever.2003 (Makuta obviously), I don't think there were any other applicable titans.2004 Nidhiki and Krekka did die; can't think of anything.2005 Roodaka did a little that mattered later...2006 Axonn and Brutaka both had continuing major roles, Brutaka especially with the antidermis. Axonn had the major role of putting the Toa Nuva on their path in 2007.2007 Don't think any were needed; other than Maxilos being really Makuta again.2008 Did any survive? Well, Takanuva did. He had some important roles I think, and you could argue is "the" Bionicle protagonist.2009 Don't think so...2010 Eh. My memory of the timing of when it was just the Stars may be off... Whatever. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Fero's death would have been met with a hot breeze and a handful of sand.Actually, it would've been more interesting had he died, especially if some time had actually been given to flesh out his character a bit. Beyond riding a dinosaur, stabbing kids, and getting hit on the head by a guy that looks like he's covered in snakes, he didn't do a whole lot to drive the plot.

I suppose Teri had to stay, but otherwise, who else? Once they started releasing so many titans, they failed to make them useful. Krekka and Nidhiki did die, as did Sidorak. Roodaka fixed the Hagah, who then proceded to lose Zaktan and go crazy (only to be fixed by a blob of jello's mind). Brutaka started an interesting conflict that ended up speeding up the Voya Nui story, but made it more exciting, and then proceded to start an interesting but non-essential side plot. Axonn saved a matoran, again sped up the CoL scene (robbing the ingenuitive thinking process from the toa combat that made it interesting), and cleaved through dirt and stone for the toa (why exactly?). Fenrakk drooled acid and turned into a cannon. Gadunka did nothing, Nocturn ate a whale, Hydraxon showed off the MoLife's powers and got in the way of the story, and Maxilos made a humanoid body for Teridax (he could have used, for example, a takea shark corpse instead). Icarax told the Toa of Life (anyone else think that sounds too much like Toa of Light?) that he was genocidal. Mutran wrote a story. Meganuva brought a compass that pointed at something Tahu had already found. Everybody on Bara Magna was useless and I cannot remember if there were any titans or not./rantIf I missed any, remind me, and I will point out there uselessness as well.
*howls with laughter*Makuta, however, could not have used a Takea shark corpse. Makuta can only inhabit empty or robotic bodies, not dead ones - that was established in another recent topic.

I'm going to be the buzz kill hereif we really think about this, we might realize that if a charecter died we have no idea what it would change.think about it, lets say the mutated gadunka died (i think that's what it was.) we don't know if that might have scared off something that would've eaten the mahrii or something. we could apply that logic almost anywhere. granted in a story it's not likely, but still.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

Unless my memories fail me, the Ignika-mutated Gadunka actually stole the Ignika from Nocturn so I think that is pretty important (I mean, without that the Barraki probably would just break the Ignika and the MU goes boom :P)

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Unless my memories fail me, the Ignika-mutated Gadunka actually stole the Ignika from Nocturn so I think that is pretty important (I mean, without that the Barraki probably would just break the Ignika and the MU goes boom :P)
The only interaction between Nocturn and Gadunka in story was when the former dropped the Ignika and the latter (while in its original form) crawled under the mask, in which it got zapped by the mask and started to grow.Gadunka did steal the Mask from Matoro though. It only had it for a minute, and resulted in it being returned to its original form. Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png