The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius leapt for the next stone, heading for the way he came. Seeing a bolt of impact vision coming, he hurled it up into the air. His hand was hit, and the force caused his joint to be partially dislocated. Placing his longsword back into his sheath and going opposite of the Skakdi, he managed to catch it with his other hand. Making his way back to the edge, he ran as fast as he could the way he had come up. The volcano was going to finish its collapse any moment, and when it did, all Karzahni would break loose. A bolt barely missed his head, and another hit his leg. It hurt... but with situations like these, the bodies pain was overruled by the desire to not be buried under tons of rock. EDIT: OOC: Ten pages again! -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Ashring Vertan followed Levacius, swating falling rock chunks out of his way with his eye beams. This Toa was hurt, but not down. So the Skakdi fired more eye beams at the ground beneath his foe, and then another pair at his back. He also grinned: he knew Lightning Toa weren't built to withstand the immense heat all around, so that would slow this one down. OOC: Maybe the last post for the day, or maybe a long while. Hopefully we can continue this chase tomarrow.

OOC: Might be last post for me too tonight. IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius jumped over the eyebeams as they hit the ground, and was able to evade the shots at his back. Still, the Skakdi was right. Levacius was a toa of lightning, not fire, or plasma, or some element like that. However, he wasn't as vulnerable to it as a toa of water or ice. Of course, being a sailor, being around fire wasn't very normal. Yet whilst his reflexes were down, they were still superior to your average toa. He kept running upwards, coming to the summit. Faced with no other option, he began rushing down, his mask being the only thing keeping him from simply tripping on a rock and rolling down Dragons Roost. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Ashring Vertan emerged from the tunnel, watching as Levacius tried to get down the volcano. Instead of running after him, the warrior concentrated his vision power on the areas behind the Toa. He struck large outcroppings, the ground - everything that stuck up on the slope, creating something like a small avalanche of boulders and jagged rocks, all of it coming at Levacius. Smirking, the Skakdi followed his creation. Let's see the Toa dodge this... OOC: Yeah, probably the last post for a long while.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Levacius / Dragons Roost Levacius continued his rush down the volcano slope, leaping over spiky rocks. When the rockslide first started coming towards him in the form of the initial, smaller rocks, he was able to avoid them. However, as it became harder to avoid them, he had to focus his lightning energy into powerful bolts that split some of the large boulders in twain. Still, it was a mixed blessing - they were smaller, but now their were more of them. He kept running, now diagonally, but the slide was spreading out. He spied a small outcrop, and rushed for it, leaping off and taking the last seven Bio leap down to the bottom. Landing on his shoulder, he did a roll. Still, this wasn't the Parched Wastes with sand or the snow. The sharp, spiky rocks did some damage to his arm. He scrambled up, and began running off. He tried to open the cache, to see what was inside. If it wasn't anything useful to him, he might as well just leave it as a distraction to the pursuing skakdi. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan growled, as Suicavel attacked again.That's IT. He's going down this time. Kairan thought as he grinded his teeth, and gripped his sword, lightning crackling around the blade of it."Open the dome... We have a chance, and he hates lightning." Kairan stated a little coldly, as he wasn't just going to let Suicavel escape... not this time.

IC: Jontan's attempts keeping himself cool weren't doing him any favours. With the heat around him enough to make his armour drip, the sand he was flowing around himself was becoming vitrified. As he moved it around to cool it, it solidified. He was becoming encased in a web of metal and glass which was freezing him in place. His arm was stuck fast in mid-strike before it got anywhere near Laelius Trian was going to have her work cut out if she wanted to ambush Blinding White. He'd stumbled upon Jaxenia and Kuy'saz'ra as he skated along, and had seen sense in taking the pair with him. Even with Felix, Trian had had trouble with one member of Team Patronage. Alone, how could she handle three?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Landing next to Laelius, Arillan slammed his halberd down in an attempt to chop the toa of fire in half. IC: Levacius / Ashring Levacius had to look away as the onslaught began, barely evading the falling bolts of force as they pummeled the ground. He kept running, and was at least forty Bio away from Dragons Roost now. He had to keep moving. There was no sense it not keeping his prize.Again, as he got away from the initial force bolts - one of them had hit close enough to him that the splinters of rocky ground were now embedded into his leg, and he was bleeding from there - he looked into the open cache. What was in here? Was it worth it?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Jontan/Parched Wastes\IC:This feeling was very uncomfortable. You might even say it hurt. This was a mostly new experience to Jontan. Trying to not focus on this new feeling of pain, the toa-hybrid thought about the situation. Thankfully nothing could catch on fire due to the vacuum; but on the other hand, the air within his lungs was running very low.Still, he had strength. Using the sand surrounding both of them, Jontan drove himself toward Laelius as fast as he could. The sand was trying to hold him still while the toa-hybrid did his thing. The sword would drive itself straight into the immobile toa of fire's heartlight. That is, if he wasn't sliced in half by Arillan first.

Trian/Parched Wastes, Ambushing Blinding White, Jaxenia, and Kuy'saz'ra\IC:As logic was not with Trian at the moment, she wouldn't have stopped herself even if she knew there were two others. When the ice slide just came into view and she heard the feet sliding on it, she leaped out and stabbed right where the heartlight of the toa of ice would be. If this worked, she might be able to convince the other two not to kill her, as she would now be a part of their team.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Ashring Vertan kept running, hurling more and more force bolts at his enemy. Then he began charging one in his claw, one big enough to down the Toa. He waited several minutes, and then threw it ahead... ...only if flew past Levacius, and struck a weak point in the ground, shattering it. One that happened to contain a small pocket of volcanic gases... Oops.

IC: Levacius / Ashring It seemed too easy to avoid those attacks. Then, when the gases blasted out, Levacius realized just how much he hated the volcanic area. The gas spread out, immediately blocking Levacius from view. His last act before it washed over him was to take in a deep breath and begin running diagonally, through and out of it. He was growing faint as he finally made it out, gasping for air. He couldn't see the Skakdi, but he was undeniably there.He limped forward, finding a large rock to take cover from. Applying pressure to his largest wound, he continued his way west. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "You know what? Forget what I said earlier," Nostala said. "Everyone who can make some form of light, do it. The beast obviously doesn't like it; if we can pin him in a corner by eliminating a large enough area of shadow, maybe we can finish him off."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: ToD...what is going on in that post? I honestly can't tell what you're supposed to be doing IC: The cache was unusually large, easily twice as wide and deep as they were normally. When Levacius opened it there was some kind of equipment in it. A jet pack! It was affixed to a harness, to be wrapped round the user's torso, putting thrusters on their back and shoulders. They could be master of the skies! If the trio on the ice slide had been moving a little slower the trident would have taken Blinding White in the heart. But they had been zooming along in effort to escape. The tines of the trident struck Blinding White side-on instead of point-first, knocking him over and grazing him instead of outright murdering him.Jaxenia wasted no time and blasted the Vortixx with a column of water that had the force of a charging Kane-Ra behind it There was a body lying in Haven Cove. It was the twisted remains of a Skakdi, contorted and horribly disfigured. Its spine was twisted, and its hands were raised to its face. Something had plucked out the Skakdi's eyes. And the only bloody thing around were its own fingers...A Caretaker stared at its latest victim, the six armour-places that made its insectile mouth-piece chittering. Coloured gold red, metallic lemon and grey, its varied colour scheme marked it out as being highly powerful. It had Fear powers at least, as the Skakdi had found out to his detriment. There were other such Caretakers all around the perimeter for Haven Cove. They'd driven out stragglers who hadn't got the message, and were preventing further entry. In the Cove itself were a four-man squad of differently marked Caretakers, metallic sand-blue and two shades of grey. In the middle of the square they formed was Sledge. They were waiting for something...And they got it. A bell sounded, out over the surrounding sea. A light shone, seeking the way to the Cove. It was a boat. A boat had got to the Island...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Levacius / Ashring Levacius grinned, but closed the box. This would be excellent as an emergency get away. But not from one Skakdi. And the box would be valuable once they got off the island...He began running, moving from large rock to large rock to provide cover. He would make it back to the Griffon II, and from there... who knew? OOC: Darn it. I'm not going to get my ship to Haven Cove before they get away... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Ashring/Parched Wastes Vertan came coughing and stumbling out of the smoke. The thought that Levacius might be dead made him happy, but the idea was gone when he couldn't find him. Furious, the Skakdi shot his eye beams everywhere, and fired force bolts in every direction. ''Where's that Toa!'' Still angry, Vertan headed in the direction of the Parched Wastes, where he thought his enemy was going. OOC: A boat?! A boat has come! :o

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Sorry, jotted down too many ideas. Fixed.

Trian/Parched Wastes, Fighting Blinding White, Jaxenia, and Kuy'saz'ra\IC: Trian, however, toppled forward right with Blinding White. As they were right beside each other, this was the perfect opportunity, and the water that roared right behind her was of no importance to her currently one-track mind. Thus, she stabbed as many times as she could into his body. Or would, if he wasn't fast enough to move away from the crazed vortixx.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: =O The Shepards are appearing...? -==IC: Kairan/Somewhere around Stoney Leap and Yawning Sunder==- Kairan nodded, as he had been thinking something like that too."We'd more or less have to surround him in a dome of light, though... He seems to be able to teleport or something." Kairan said, stating the obvious, but he didn't really care, as it just made him stop, and smile."A dome... Of course."

OOC: @Skarloth: Seesh, I was just at the beach.IC: Lijsk: Stony Leap:Lijsk listened to Nostala's advice and used more of his energy at Suivacel, breaking some bonds of shadow.IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes:Amalia ended up at the Patronage/Prisoners battle. She noticed a group of the Patronage fighting off a Mukata and a Vortixx. She saw Blinding White, and attempted to enter his mind from a distance.

OOC: Suicavel is out of line of sight, especially seeing as you're all in a dome and can't see out.Maybe he's gathering his strength. Or toying with you.Or on top of your dome. Or IN the dome. Or UNDER the dome. You really don't know what he's doing. IC: Levacius / Ashring Levacius was in sight of the shore, and could see the Griffon II. Seeing no one else nearby, he rushed for the water, and was submerged into its blue depths. IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap Seeing as none of his adversaries were leaving the dome, and he was almost out of elemental energy, Suicavel willed himself to teleport into the Shadowtangles darkness, moving deeper and deeper within. He would come back for them later. IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane groaned as she woke up. "What happened?" she asked. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Parched Wastes ''You know you can't hide, Toa! I will tear that cache from you and then toss you into the lava!'' Vertan screamed as he ran at top speed through the sands of the Parched Wastes. He launched more force bolts in spots he thought Levacius was hiding at. IC: Toothy Bane While leading Kono to Oura's cave, Reya thought she saw a light break through the darkness somewhere below, somewhere by Haven Cove. This intrigued her enough to move around to get a better look at the beach area. ''Kono,'' she said, believing the Shadow Toa was still with her, ''did you see that? Did you see any light from over there?'' Reya pointed to the direction of the Cove.

IC: Trian was hallucinating. Possibly through pain, but maybe Blinding White's freezing touch had done something to her head. Jaxenia's blast had thrown her away from the rest of the team. She was stabbing empty air. The trio got back on the slide and started skiing away. OOC: When I throw an attack at you ToD, you don't ignore it. Say that you dodged, or that you blocked, but don't say that one of the six most dangerous beings on the island is stupid enough to aim somewhere that you aren't.And Rakata, you're a little behind. Its just Trian the Vortixx, Felix the Muaka got left behind somewhere. IC: Blades appeared in a shimmer of light, deflecting Jontan's sword and Arilan's halberd. "Patronage will not fight Patronage" Intoned one of the newly arrived Caretakers. There were five of them, all in a garish blend of bright reds and pale yellows and blues. Two hovered over Laelius, greenish miasmas of energy spewing from their opened mouths. Jontan and Arillan got one each, and a similar treatment. Jontan's sand barrier didn't react, so this wasn't harmful...in fact it seemed to be fixing up his various bruises and burns. Ah, of course, the pale yellows and blues. Quick Healing. Apparently this was a perk of the job The boat was long and sleek, a fast-moving clipper. It drew up on the Cove's sandy shores with a crunch. The four nearby Caretakers knelt down in a bow...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes "The last time I saw this fire toa was in the Shadowtangle, where I tried to kill him!" said Arillan. "And by all the dark forces of the universe, I will have him." He looked over to Laelius. "But apparently not today. Though mark my words, toa of fire, your blood will run so deep through this island that it will be a permanent stain." He looked over at the Cartakers. "So, you're from the Shepherds? Well then, tell your masters this - I will treat them like any other client. They will make sure to keep me paid for my services. If one of the slaves needs to die, they will. And if I don't get my payment, they will be the ones to die. Is that understood?" Of course, there was no emotion in the caretakers eyes. They were machines. IC: Levacius / The Western Sea Levacius climbed up his ladder, moving over to his cabin and placing the box down carefully. Looking up to the sky, he wondered why Haven Cove was marked off. Turning the ship, he began heading that way. He could get a unique view of its location from the sea that others on land would never see. Or, as it was, the air. Yes, what a great item to have. He began to wonder - what were the Shepherds doing with these caches? Why reward the slaves? Then it hit him. Caches attracted slaves. The slaves fought, some died. It was obvious now - Team Patronage, the Shepherds placing them here. Why waste a slave was one question. But here was the new one - why not train a warrior? The Shepherds were placing them here. This was a training ground for an elite force. A final Team Patronage. The Shepherds had multiple cartetakers, all strong enough to best a matoran. It didn't matter how smart Patronage was.The best warriors, combined with the Shepherds thinkers and strategists, and an army of caretakers. So that was their plan. OOC: He thinks like me. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Toothy Bane Reya squinted to see what was happening. ''Kono... I can see things moving around down there... and maybe a boat!'' Thanking her night vision, Reya gestured for Kono to follow. She wasn't sure if there was a boat or not, but something interesting was happening down there, and she wanted to get a closer look. Maybe if they moved fast enough, the two might get to see the action from a hiding spot.

OOC: I said she kept tumbling forward. I guess I should've made it clear that she slipped on the ice, thereby making her movement erratic.

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: Jontan's sword trembled as it was a fraction of an inch from being driven into his sworn enemy's heart. How satisfying it would have been, just to murder him, kill him. But apparently that wasn't what the Shepherds wanted. Was he now to be their slave? He'd rather kill them all. But for now, he couldn't do anything. Rastaque, on the other hand, was creeping behind a large grouping of rubble only a bio or so away. He had got up a minute before and crept his way among the numerous chunks of ruin and dunes of sand to be in this position. Jontan couldn't leave him like this. No. He'd murder this Laelius, even if the quick-healing was already taking effect. With his mask on, Rastaque put the last of his entire strength into one more maneuver. He leaped at the toa of fire, flinging a spray of needles. His other fist also contained needles. However, this fist was flying toward the toa's heartlight, aiming to murder him right where he stood. Rastaque put forth the last of his usable elemental energy into making this punch stronger than any he had ever thrown. The needles stabbed his own flesh, but that didn't matter - the toa's death did. Whether this succeeded or failed, as soon as the punch hit or flew right by Laelius, the toa of air would be out cold.

Trian/Parched Wastes, Being Desperate\IC: Trian cursed as she realized that the three toa had moved onwards. She leaped up and used their own slide, slipping along after them. She summoned all the rahi she could find to start attacking them. If she just killed one, if she just was able to get one of their deaths. Ooh, pretty flying rocks. Wait, were rocks supposed to fly?

IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan waved his hand to create a blast of wind that knocked the first volley of needles aside. As Ratasque neared, he activated his mask to repulse the other away. "Nobody kills my target but me." he said coldly. He smiled with a look of pure evil. "Even if you did help me before." -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Toothy Bane Reya moved hastily, but caustiously towards Haven Cove. She wasn't sure if Kono was behind her, because she was too eager to get to the beach. Things had become much more clear and detailed as she descended the mountain, but she wasn't close enough to tell exactly who was at there. ''Almost there,'' Reya whispered to Kono, if he was there. She began looking for a safe spot to watch from once they arrived.

OOC: Because you would totally be able to react to a surprise attack, complete with repulsing someone who is attacking someone else, while you're standing a few feet away. =/

Felix/Parched Wastes\IC: Felix was, by now running relatively straight, though he was occasionally stumbling due to his foot being twisted the wrong way. But hey, if he found Trian, all his pain would be worth it, just to save her. Suddenly, he felt her call. Attack Team Patronage. The dirty piraka! Still attacking his mistress! He would fight them!

OOC: A trained assassin who is supposed to be able to hear the drop of a needle just to be sure he isn't going to die when a guard comes. You weren't exactly being quiet, or sneaky, as soon as you moved from your hiding place. As soon as he saw the needles, he reacted with a gust of wind. The mask doesn't take that much, and it chooses an object to repulse. As you were an object, you were chosen as an object or repulsion. IC: Levacius / The West Seas The Griffon II was soon going to be passing the Yawning Sunder. IC: Sledge / Haven Cove Sledge was completely unconscious. Still, within his head, he dreamed. He was telling himself to awake. But he couldn't. Not without a Kanohi.No force of will could do that. And so, his active mind waited for an active body... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: A bolt of red energy struck the ground in front of Reya, the air screaming where the energy seared through it. A Caretaker stood watching them with its cold and soulless eyes. They got one warning not to cross the perimeter. Just that one warning... The boulders hit the ice slide and shattered it, sending the three Patronage tumbling onto desert. Since they were under attack again Jaxenia filled the air with moisture, a thick and blinding mist to conceal them and confuse their opponents One foot, then another thudded down onto the sands of Haven Cove. They were black as a night in Shadowtangle, and tipped with short claws. The powerful legs that followed them had long slender spikes flowing down from the knees. The rest of the body was heavily armoured and reeked of malevolent power. The arms were similar to the legs, but the spikes reaching out from the elbows were jagged and crooked. And slightly stained...The face was a mockery of a Kualsi, the chin-spokes becoming almost boar-like tusks. "So you're the blacksmith," said the Makuta, looking unimpressed at Sledge OOC: I'm with ToD on this one Lev. And wasn't Arillan's elemental power supposed to have been exhausted? IC: With air power acting on his punch, Rastaque had created a cushion around his fist. This dulled the effects of the needles he held. They hit, but not as deep as he'd hoped. Not enough to kill. Both he and Laelius hit the ground, but Laelius reacted faster, lashing out with a kick. While weary, after the healing he was technically at full physical health. The kick had a lot of power behind it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: That factor I had forgotten about. So yes, the wind wouldn't have been much of anything.So then, just ignore the repulsion part and such. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes His wind powers not working, and unable to function his mask, Arillan shrugged. Laelius deserved a beating, and with the Caretakers right there to heal him, he wasn't going to die. So, instead, he occupied himself with other things.Walking past Talpid, he seized the mask of hunger. "Mine," he said, enjoying the though. "Mine," he said again as he moved to Aderyn, grabbing his mask of gravity. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Toothy Bane Reya had finally made it, Haven Cove just before her... but the blast of energy told her to go no further. Her eyes pierced through the dark, and she saw the source of the attack: a Caretaker. Reya smirked: Caretakers were mechanical beings, which automatically put them under the control of her mask. She would activate it at any sign of another attack. She also began preparing a Water assault, which was also quite useful here. Reya could control some robots - should she have to - and destroy the rest with water, which would short them out. Plus they were by the sea; a good wave would ''kill'' them all. Warily, she moved around the perimeter of Haven Cove, not stepping onto the area, but roaming by it to get an even better look, and still ready to defend herself.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: The three are Jaxenia, Blinding White and Kuy'saz'ra. They're currently concealed by mists and darkness, so not sure how you'd be shaking someone around. Telekinesis requires line of sight as far as I'm aware IC: There was someone in Blinding White's thoughts. Trying to scramble them. But it wasn't like he'd never encountered psychics before. He called up memories of cold, and because of he mental scrambling these memories came thick and fast. With someone in his head there would be a psychic link. And these memories would travel along it. The psychic on the other end would start feeling cold, start feeling that their body was freezing, start feeling that frostbite was eating them alive...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Three of Team Patronage\IC: Trian also flew off the shattered slide, landing face-first into Blinding White's back. This confused the assemblage of rahi that had come, and thus, they attacked everyone, including each other and the vortixx. Felix leaped over a dune... and tripped, also tumbling into a toa, though he landed upon Kuy'saz'ra. Stupid paw...

Jontan and Rastaque/Parched Wastes\IC: A hand of sand snatched the mask of hunger from Arillan's greedy hands. "Mine," said Jontan, catching the mask. His glare was filled with enmity, for he couldn't kill this being that had just almost stolen his newest toy from his rightful prey. Laelius had made a possibly fatal mistake. Rastaque's hand was tightly cletched around the needles, and even if it had relaxed due to unconsciousness, the needles were attaching them. Thus, when he kicked the unconscious toa of air's body, the hand twisted, twisting their sharp points within his chest and heartlight. He also went flying with the force of his own kick upon the body that was attached to his, and the two landed in a tumble.

IC: Amalia: Parched Wastes:Amalia relinquished her mental connection with Blinding White, and focused on Jaxenia, persuading her heavily to take away the mists around her.OOC: I just checked the Bionicle Wiki which doesn't state the limits of telekinesis which can prove that I'm able to lift things as long as I can sense/see it.

IC: Plagia - Yawning Sunder Plagia knelt down next to Irriane, placing a hand on her shoulder, 'It's alright. We're just being attacked by a complete psychopath who's after our blood. Nothing to worry about.' She stood back up, staring where she thought Suicavel had been. 'Open the dome and let me at 'im,' she said excitedly. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Talking to Reya: Kono looked around the Cove, watching the scene before him, the red bolt of light had caused him to start, but only slightly; he looked over to where Reya was, "Caretakers?" he asked, looking at the one that had given them the 'warning'. Kono looked at the situation; if he wanted to, he could destroy the Caretaker with ease, even the others, and with Reya on his side, he just might be able to pull that off. He waited for her to give her opinion on the situation, though, and he could never tell when another being was thinking what he was thinking, so his plan would have to wait. -Kono