The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: The Caretaker was creating an anomaly, not just making you heavier. That's why the earth was breaking too. Think of it as like having an out of control fire; killing the Ta-Toa would stop any fire he created, but the fire thats spread will still be there IC: The Caretakers gathered the pieces of their fallen foe, one of them teleporting away with them. They were not interested in pursuing Suicavel. They were there to guard, not chase. Reya couldn't escape the pull of the cyclone. It had whipped the sea up into a water-spout, which she was now caught in. The four shoreline Caretakers began steering the cyclone they had created back to the beach to deposit their new captive. "You will leave now," the Caretaker insisted to Kono, using its fear powers to instil a sense of dread in him. There was no doubt about it, the clipper had definitely gone. Levacius could feel no trace of it, so it was no illusion or invisibility. And the dome was back to its regular unyielding self, smooth and devoid of hinges or mechanisms. However the boat it had escaped, it had something to do with the boat itself, not the dome... Trian was unlucky. The impact vision had shattered the stone shell...but only half of it. And unfortunately not the half facing her...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Haven Cove/Sea Reya's thought's were scrambled as she spun around, and around... and around... again and again. She couldn't think straight while in the cyclone, and nearly fell unconscious as it made its way to the beach. IC: Parched Wastes Vertan cursed - the shell was not completely destroyed, but another blast of impact eyebeams at full intensity would do. He fired them again at the rock while charging two force bolts in his hands.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Levacius / Southern Seas Levacius climbed up his ladder, disappointed. If the clipper was what allowed the Shepherds to enter and leave, than he had an idea... The dome must be one of the many of the Matoran Universe. The shepherds must have spent multiple fortunes to change it to such a state. If that was a being was a makuta, sneaking on one of those ships would be too dangerous. A Caretaker was dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous as a fully evolved Rahkshi - he had fought more than a few of those, and he remembered a fight against a Type 6 Kraata of Limited Invulnerability he had found in its suit of Rahkshi armor. Hardest fight of his life, and only his equipment had saved him - the way he was now, he doubted he could stand a chance against that creature. Limited invulnerability his.... He turned the ship around, sailing it back to Haven Cove. He saw some disturbances over there... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Kairan==- Kairan nodded, as the Lightning Toa started to head across the bridge for the umpteenth time that day.Let's see what happens this time... Kairan thought sarcastically, as he slightly chuckled.

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: "If anything else happens, then I'm knocking someone off the bridge," Nostala muttered, her irritation having yet to subside. She raised her voice and called to the others. "Let's move!" Holding her staff tightly, she followed after Kairan.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Irriane / Stony Leap Irriane let out a small 'eek!' as the massive Rocky moved past her. Following behind Greel and his pet in a half run, half power walk, he kept ahead of the others, her flames providing well needed light. IC: Suicavel / Stony Leap Toothy Bane Suicavel teleported in front of the group from nowhere, stopping them as they attempted to cross the bridge. Suicavel climbed around the mountain range until he found a massive cavern to bide his time. He would nurse his wounds and recharge his elemental energy. The night would pass, as would the next day. Then, he would return in his full dark majesty. He knew a dark presence had arrived on the island. Next time, he would be fully empowered. The caretakers would not stop him from seizing the power of this being, whoever they were, that he knew must have come because of his metagaming. The island would, of course, one day be his hunting ground. A place to chase down his prey. And then? Who knew. OOC: Face it, Toa of Dancing. I don't think he's going to let you have two characters on Patronage. :P -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC - Nostala - Stony Leap: *stabbitystabstab* As Greel and Rocky made it to the end of the bridge, Nostala kept a steady pace, quickly arriving on the other side. She dug the end of her staff into the ground before lifting it up again."Finally. Maybe he died."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Kairan/Stoney Leap==- "We could always hope. But, more likely, he's just waiting to attack... again..." Kairan said, as he rolled his eyes to show it was becoming more a recurring joke than anything. OOC: =P

IC: Parched Wastes Shaking his head, Greel said, ''Sadly, I don't think he'd fall that easily. But that is a nice thought...'' He turned his head back, looking at the vast desert before them. ''What do we do now?'' OOC: The Parched Wastes at last. =) Last post as well.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane experimented on the sand, shooting beams of fire at it and making glass. She was taking too much enjoyment out of it, compared to what she ought to have been. But with how weird she was, nobody really wanted to question it. Taking her mind away from that, she looked over at Kairan and Nostala; Greel obviously didn't know where to go. "So are we going to that cache? Or to somewhere else. Someone probably got the cache by now though.... How about Shimmering Maze? No, that's bad..." The rambling continued for about eighteen seconds before she finished with, "...and that's how to cook Rock Rat!" -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan/Parched Wastes==- A bead of sweat ran down the back of Kairan's head, as he listened to Irianne's rambling, but then frowned."I'm not too sure. As you mentioned, someone's probably already gotten the cache. We could look around though, while we wait for any more caches to get revealed, though. Wonder why there was only one?" Kairan asked with a slight frown.

OOC: @Lev: Probably not, but what the heck, I can try. =P @Rakata: Actually, everyone has left from the previous battle scene. Plus, how would Amalia know where it took place?

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra, Amalia, and Vertan\IC: Another curse was cut off as Kuy'saz'ra and his half-shell slammed into Trian's pitchfork. Amazingly, it didn't break. Of course, this was mainly because it was deflected. Most of the impact was taken by the vortixx. She definitely heard a few ribs crack, and her dislocated arm broke. Now in a nice, deep hole, covered by rock, barely able to breathe, she decided this was not going to work with the other two beings. Seeing as she couldn't move anyways at the moment, she might as well put forth her mind. Ignoring the pain as best she could - this being exceedingly difficult - Trian activated her mask. There were still sand screamers, catapult scorpions, and the two sand tarakava. She split the tarakava between Amalia and Vertan. The sand screamers disappeared beneath the surface and began to burrow under said enemies, popping up at random, clawing or biting, then disappearing beneath the surface trying to pull them down. The catapult scorpions began to pelt all three of the beings, Kuy'saz'ra included. This might not be the smartest thing, but the vortixx hoped the magma would cool before it seeped down to her. Felix, finaly conceeding to the fact that he was wounded rather badly, disappeared behind a dune. He stalked toward where Trian and Kuy'saz'ra were, deciding that helping his mistress was the best he could do. He might just be able to get in between balls of magma to take the toa out, stealthily instead of directly.

Jontan and Rastaque/Southern End of Parched Wastes\IC: Jontan tossed Rastaque to the ground, caring little for the assassin's well-being. Staring into the forest with his Akaku, he searched for prey. It would feel nice to suck the life out of someone with his newly acquired Avsa. Spotting a matoran that was stalking silently, almost invisibly, the hybrid-toa smiled maliciously. Switching masks, he looked directly at the matoran, barely able to notice his presence. Sure enough, the energy of his emotions and life poured in, filling Jontan with energy. This felt good. Rastaque bandaged his wounds, wincing at each one. At least Jontan hadn't killed him. He was sure that, should the time arise, the hybrid-toa would help him secure a spot on Team Patronage. Indeed, when that time came, he'd be genuinely pleased with his partner. They would be considered equals, not monster and lackey. He sighed, pulling a bandage tight around a particularly nasty cut.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan was thrown off balance as sand screamers popped up out of the ground beneath his feet. This problem was easily solved; the Skakdi merely jumped into the air. His great, clawed feet came crashing down on the Rahis' heads, snapping their necks and ending their threat. The Catapult Scorpions were a little easier to deal with. Before they could materialize their magma, Vertan hurled his charged force bolts at their tails, breaking them. Then he fired impact beams at them, knocking them out and driving them into the sand. He was taken by surprise by the Tarakava, though before he could be severely hurt, he shot his eyebeams at full power at the Rahi. He laughed as he did so, stopping when he heard numerous cracking sounds coming from the creature. Now he turned back to Kuy'saz'ra and Trian, firing his impact vision at full intensity at both. One claw held a charging force bolt while the other hurled normal ones at the two beings.

OOC: Trian's kinda buried right now. XD

Trian/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra, Amalia, and Vertan\IC: There were more sand screamers, and the catapult scorpions weren't still. The raptor-like rahi leaped out of the sand, latching onto the skakdi from all angles, trying to tear him apart. The magma scorpions divided their attention between the other two, so as not to kill their allied rahi.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Parched Wastes Filthy beasts! Vertan thought to himself as he swatted the raptors away, wincing as they scratched, even grabbing on and crushing one with his free hand. He then fired more eyebeams at the scorpions, this time at their heads, and didn't stop until their head plates were dented into their skulls. The Skakdi glanced at his charging force bolt. Almost done now. He then proceeded to launch a volley of force bolts at Kuy'saz'ra. OOC: Last post for today.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: I already said that Amalia couldn't have known where the fight happened, and that Laelius and all the others are gone, Rakata.

Trian/Parched Wastes, Fighting Kuy'saz'ra and Vertan\IC: Trian had just realized that Amalia had left. Smiling as best she could through her grimace, she directed the rest of the sand screamers to burst out around Kuy'saz'ra and try to kill him. The remained sand tarakava punched at the toa of stone, trying to distract him, knock him out, or kill him. The catapult scorpions all switched targets to Vertan. As many were still alive, he found himself having a rapid assault of magma balls flying around him, being tossed by moving targets.

OOC: Last/First post of the day. IC: Levacius / The Southern Sea Levacius saw up ahead something odd - a mysterious figure combating the Caretakers. She was caught in some kind of cyclone. There were so many caretakers... Though he could probably kill them all. But risking the ship would be a foolish move. Still, these Caretakers looked... different? Their colors were abnormal. That didn't change a thing. Still, he would watch for a while longer. IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane stopped. Radio contact? "What's a radio?" she asked, to the others bafflement. OOC: When she lived in Metru-Nui, they didn't have radios yet. When she left and went to the Northern Continent, the group she fought for never used radios. Never seen one before. IC: Arillan / Parched Wastes Arillan had found a single, broken and mostly empty crate of lightstones in the ruin and placed them around to provide dim illumination. Most he had thrown into the small pool, eerily lighting his favorite room in his new complex. His watersack from the cache he had last gone too, where he had got the antivenoms and cloak, was still full of fresh, purififed water. Taking a small swig, he found it tasted much better than this small watering hole. Still, he had to keep it in reserves. Never knew when you would be left stranded in the parched wastes out to die. He figured that he would rest for now. Closing his eyes, he dreamed of the next day. He would have some fun hunting then... OOC: Arillan out until interaction (not desired) or daylight. Suicavel out until the night after this one. Sledge out until further notice. That leaves Irriane and Levacius... -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Parched WastesTelmerk awoke with a start. He was on the island. No! He had been so careful. How had the Shepherds caught him. That didn't matter. He still had his sword. No, not even that. The Toa of Electricity felt around for his weapons. All he had was his favorite copper dagger. And it was growing blunt. He pulled out his whetstone and began sharpening it. Once he was done, he looked around the sandy wasteland."Is anyone here!" he yelled. "New arrival! Need some help!" To himself he mumbled, "One day, I'm going to get off this island and kill those Shepherds."

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

OOC: TPTI didn't post them leaving at all. But fine.... have it your way... :annoyed:

Yes, actually, he did. If you don't clearly know what's going on, go back and read the posts. They're not going anywhere IC: Reya was deposited on the beach near to the waiting Kono. "Leave." the Caretaker insisted. Being thrown around by Amalia meant Kuy'saz'ra was increasingly hard to hit. And since it wasn't the high-speed spinning of earlier he was actually rather enjoying himself

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Jaxenia and Blinding White, in the meantime, have disappeared, also according to TPtI. The remaining two members, Jontan and Arillan, are PCs and also moved onwards.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Flighting Kuy'saz'ra, Amalia, and Vertan\IC: Trian mumbled to herself as Felix helped remove her. They disappeared behind a nearby dune, the muaka keeping watch. The vortixx focused upon the rahi, as the sand screamers and the tarakava were now left without a target. All of them burrowed underground and waited until they could pop up in front of Kuy'saz'ra and land a good blow before either dying or burrowing again. The scorpions were having a field day, flinging all the magma they could at all three enemies while running around. Felix did his best to help his mistress fix herself up enough to stay alive and conscious. She also helped him set his jaw back into place and stop the bleeding. If they didn't secure a place on Team Patronage, they were going to be out for a while after this.

-==IC: Kairan==- "It's like a way to hear someone talking and such from a long distance." Kairan tried to explain, though that explanation likely didn't help, as he looked around the desert, as he thought he had heard someone yelling.

IC: Parched Wastes These attacks by Rahi were getting increasingly annoying. Vertan's head whirled all around in different directions, his eyebeams shattering the hardened magma to fragments. Their remains rained on him, but their damage and the pain that came with it were decreased greatly. Still holding onto his charging force bolt, the crimson Skakdi ran to where Kuy'saz'ra and Amalia were. He making the Rahi to follow him, causing them to form into some group as they attacked. And now that they were closer together... Vertan fired his eyebeams at full intensity and hurled more force bolts from his free hand, picking them off one by one. They fell, all of them, too dazed to continue their assault. He turned to the two Toa. Amalia, who had Kuy'saz'ra on the ground, would be dealt with later, if he felt like it. Vertan came as close as he needed to to Kuy'saz'ra, and aimed his claw at him. The charging force bolt was now deadly, stronger enough to snap a head off someone's shoulders. He fired it directly at said body part, along with his impact vision at full power. IC: Haven Cove Reya, dazed from the assault, waited until she could stand, barely able to hear the Caretaker's words. Once she did, a horrible expression of pure anger was seen on her face. ''You machines cost me my freedom. Know that this is a mistake, letting me free - as was imprisoning me on this deathtrap of an island. I will find a way out, even if I must crush you Caretakers and your masters, and that dome with you all.'' The Observer floated back into her hands, and she vanished into the shadows.

OOC: It's okay, just try to pay attention a bit better in the future.

Trian and Felix/Parched Wastes, Flighting Kuy'saz'ra, Amalia, and Vertan\IC: If this didn't do it, the duo would have to get out of there. Four of the sand screamers burst from the ground, two for each of the non-Patronage beings. These grabbed their targets by the ankles and heads and tried to snap their backs while pulling them under the sand. Four more burst out from in front of said toa and skakdi, also two per person; these ensured that they would be distracted for a few moments. The remaining sand screamer burst from in front of Kuy'saz'ra, aiming to bite his neck. The sand tarakava also appeared from on side, aiming to pop the toa's head off of his body. If one of these two didn't kill him, then hopefully Felix's claw coming from the other side would do so. Said muaka bore Trian, ready to make an escape with the body of the Team Patronage member.

IC: Levacius / Seas "Interesting turn of events..." thought Levacius as he sailed away, having watched as the one being was tossed away. It was like a map in his head - that being came here for a reason. It wasn't to command these caretakers - they were guarding this location. He didn't see anything that appeared to be a drop off... so a pick up? Not for an item, likely. Why send such a powerful being for an item? Perhaps one of the slaves. But who would be that important? Unless they had already found their first warrior without going through the patronage ordeal first... No, probably not. But whoever it was, they were important. He thought about it... the bounties? Of course, that Sledge individual. Wanted alive. He was likely being picked up. But what importance was he? Not one of patronage, not a warrior... in fact, he was likely taken by patronage, making him less of a warrior than them. Or not, dependent on the numbers. So not a warrior. If he was a good worker, he would not have been sent here. Maybe a rebellious one? Or perhaps a craftsman... one sent here so he couldn't escape. One so that they wouldn't have to enter and exit the island to deliver caches. Just send a caretaker and done. It seemed logical. He was a craftsman who escaped his prison. The figure was sent here because he could guarantee this craftsman lived, but could not escape on his way back to wherever the shepherds came from. So that explained that. But the Shepherds spared no expense with the Cartakers, however. They were somehow superior to the others. The shepherds must be getting better at all of this. A makuta - which he was more and more certain it was one of - was certainly a good explanation. Despite the difficult of creating Kraata for their species, having that potential made creating the Rahkshi parts much easier. No doubt, the Rahkshi were sent out to do battle for the Shepherds. When defeated, they were scavenged so that usage could be made of them as caretakers parts. Their plan seemed so obvious to him. Still, there was no way of knowing whether it was true or not. And how could he stop it? A makuta could take out twelve toa with a single chain lightning attack, was almost invulnerable to all attack forms save gravity (He knew that toa of that element were the only way to crush their armor. Also, he had a suspicion large doors would do the trick.), and they could create a legion given only a short period of time. One Makuta was worth a platoon of toa and matoran on its worst days. On its best, it was worth a legion. How could the Shepherds gave gained so much power? IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes Irriane cocked her head. "I heard something too." she said. "Maybe it's just a mirage. Silly mirage. He thinks he's new or something. But can mirages be new? Or talk..." "Hello mirage!" she shouted out, waving in that direction. Honestly, it was quite sad and stunning to hear and watch this go on. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Parched Wastes He was slightly surprised at first when the raptor-like Rahi appeared, because Vertan knew that Vortixx that commanded them wouldn't give up. Since the sand screamers were an easier defeat, the Skakdi fired his eyebeams again until they were completely knocked out. Then he grabbed both the creatures on his head and ankles and crushed them in his claws. After spotting the Sand Tarakava, he said, ''Hey! My kill, you animal!'' and proceeded to launch both eyebeams and force bolts at its head and chest. The Rahi flew back, unconscious. His scarlet eyes shifted back to Kuy'saz'ra to see if his attack decapitated the Toa - if not, he was already preparing his eyebeams again...

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Parched Wastes Vertan was prepared to fire more eyebeams at Amalia to stop her, but noticed something. He squinted as he looked at Kuy'saz'ra's body. His limbs were dangling in the air, and he did not seem to struggle. Unconcious? No. A closer look at the Toa revealed his neck akwardly tilted... broken... Dead, he seemed. Vertan raised his hands into the air, smiling and bellowing, ''Skakdi, Skakdi! Conquerors of their enemies!'' Then he turned, smirking and hunting for that Vortixx. Now she would die.

OOC: Can't keep up with this darn RPG. IC Kono - Toothy Bane - Leaving: With Reya gone, Kono had little reason to be in the Cove, he left, not bothering to search for Reya; after all, he still had a jungle to get to. So he went off in his own direction, heading towards Shadowtangle once more. IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Walking with group: Klax shook his head as he watched Irriane shout at mirages, he instead turned his attention towards the sand that surrounded them. "We've put ourselves in a bad situation, there's little to no water in the Parched Wastes, hence the name, really. Maybe we should investigate that Maze... I've never seen it before, but it sure would make a good hiding place, and a good shelter and base if I cane make up a roof," Klax said, wondering which direction the Maze was. -Klax

OOC: Kill yourself? :D But then I was like. :P IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes "Silly Klax!" said Irriane. "The Maze is off limits. And ugly. Or, I was told it was. But that guy was ugly, so I dunno. Maybe ugliness gives you ugly vision or something. Or maybe he was ugly because his arm had been cut off. He was losing blood pretty fast. I tried healing him, but the healing dead people thing didn't work very well..." She shrugged. "Besides, there are plenty of ruins out here. And oases. Or is it oasises.... no, it's oases. Also, silly Klax, it's night. We only need to find a place to camp before day. Or light. Is it day here? Or just shiny dome time?" IC: Levacius / Seas Levacius came around the eastern coast, heading north along the edge, keeping away from the shore - he didn't know how far the Caretakers were spread, and didn't want to get their ire from off shore. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC Klax - Parched Wastes - Talking to Irriane: Klax stared blankly at Irriane, and then looked up to the 'sky', "Spare me," he said to nobody in particular. "An oasis... those are scarce, and not as abundant as ruins, maybe we can just find one of those instead of going to the Maze. "We need a place to sleep even if it is dark, we can't just wander the desert or sleep in the sand unprotected," Klax said, stopping himself from trying to further reason with Irriane. -Klax

IC: Parched WastesTelmerk sighed. No one was out here. The desert went on forever. So, he walked south. There was so much to the south. All of it was sand, sun, more sand, sand, heat, sand, sand, sun, sand, no water, and sand. This place was getting boring. And Telmerk was getting thirsty."I can't believe I was caught," he said, choking out the words.There was a roaring nearby. That meant a waterfall. Waterfall meant water. Thank Mata Nui! But, in place of a great oasis, there was a huge cliff, with water pouring in from somewhere. There was no way across from where he was. Oh, Mata Nui, now what. He was dehydrated, he was tired, and he was getting impatient."I'd rather be in Karzahni right now," Telmerk said, passing out. There he lay, next to the waterfall, hoping someone would find him soon.

IC: Irriane / Parched Wastes What Telmerk likely hadn't expected was a scream of, "Hi again mirage! I can see you now!" Had he turned, he would see Iriane jumping and waving. Having crossed Stony Leap and not really gone that far, she could see him. The others, if they looked that way, could see him as well. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Telmerk thought he heard a voice. A familiar voice. He had heard it before."What in Karzahni do you mean mirage?" he growled, hoarsely. "You're the mirage. You're standing right in front of me, you're a person, and you're here to help, hence a mirage." Telmerk thought a moment. "I'm Telmerk. What's your name, mirage, and do you have any water?" He might as well make the best of this fantasy.