Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Just tested that. The sad part: it actually works.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Of course it works. Who do you think I am? Not the creator of this game? :lol:
wait... so you created the game?! It all makes sense now! :PBTW, my "superbot" is awesome. if an attack I do so much as touches a NPC it dies instantaneously.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

BTW, my "superbot" is awesome. if an attack I do so much as touches a NPC it dies instantaneously.
I do hope that is a result of save file editing and not another glaring oversight on my part. :lol:
*goes off with evil grin, muttering something about Kiril and Toa of Iron with armor and shield*
This is actually pretty effective, especially with a maxed Mind stat to increase the Kiril's effectiveness and your reserve of EP. Disregarding the attacks that ignore armor (such as Fear), you can actually move all your points away from Vitality and use them for something else.
Anyway. I've really only got one thing to say: Something is wrong when Toa of Light regurally die from powerless Rahkshi of Vacuum. The Toa of Light being me.
Blame it on the lackluster primary and the lousy cheating AI that mostly ignores blinding effects. :) Edited by Katuko

BTW, my "superbot" is awesome. if an attack I do so much as touches a NPC it dies instantaneously.
I do hope that is a result of save file editing and not another glaring oversight on my part. :lol:
yeah, I gave him around 3000000 give or take a zero or two. than that didn't work, as whenever I ran or jumped the game would freeze up.so I gave him thirty dexterity. best idea ever.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Holy Gadunka. How do you do that?
Make a character and save it. Go to the game folder and open the character file with Notepad. It's saved in plain text, so you can edit the stats however you like. Be careful about setting the speed to high, though. A lot of speed means that the number of collision checks rise a lot too, and that easily leads to lag. Setting DEX to 3 million is not something your computer is likely to handle with my current code.

Holy Gadunka. How do you do that?
Make a character and save it. Go to the game folder and open the character file with Notepad. It's saved in plain text, so you can edit the stats however you like. Be careful about setting the speed to high, though. A lot of speed means that the number of collision checks rise a lot too, and that easily leads to lag. Setting DEX to 3 million is not something your computer is likely to handle with my current code.
and it does not. on my computer, if I press the left or right arrow keys for more than half a second, it lags out.if i tap the jump button it lags out. Edited by <shockwave>

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Some funny side effects I found while testing with all-1000 stats today (except dexterity, which was at 50):- Throwing daggers become useless because the speed they travel at is determined in part by your strength. Unlike the movement code, projectiles use standard, built-in speed; and that only performs one collision check per move. Therefore, your throwing knife "teleports" as soon as you throw it. It goes through enemies, and you might find it embedded deep into for example the Kini-Nui platform. If not it just goes off-screen in an instant and gets destroyed.- Your element lasts forever because it recharges quicker than you can spend it.- Activating the Kakama essentially gives you max speed that you will never reach because no map is big enough to give you space to accelerate.- Equipping a Kiril means that your items will never break, ever, unless they get instantly disintegrated. Not that you'll need them when you punch for 1000 damage and you have 20000 HP.- You know how the range and crosshair speed of the Kualsi is tied to your Mind stat? Well, I capped the range so it won't go beyond the usual, but the crosshair gets crazy fast.- Most Rahkshi powers miss out on the overpowered goodness again due to the way they are programmed.It's interesting how testing with extreme stats let me find quirks of the engine that I should try to fix.

...Yeah, I personally don't try overpowered stats, especially nothing near that level. The closest I've ever done was giving 30 ELM to a Toa of Plasma. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

A Toa electricity with 1000 ELM is really cool ... but I'm not here for that:Frozen In Base, there is a angle of the castle where bots get stuck like in Mangaia. The problem is that: the angle is in the roof of the castle, and this makes it difficult to kill bots stuck if you can not fly. In addition, bots locked attract other bots, and this creates a terrible lag.PS: sorry for the errors, is the fault of translator.

PS: sorry for errors, blame the translator.

biofighter_banner_platform.png
http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=418]

another thing is that you do not start with full anything. making you somewhat easy to kill if you're not careful.

Edited by <shockwave>

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Frozen In Base, there is a angle of the castle where bots get stuck like in Mangaia. The problem is that: the angle is in the roof of the castle, and this makes it difficult to kill bots stuck if you can not fly. In addition, bots locked attract other bots, and this creates a terrible lag.
For some reason I thought I had semi-fixed this, but apparently I will have to make the bots even more vehement about touching each other at all in order to prevent clusters like that.
PS: sorry for the errors, is the fault of translator.
No problem, you are not far off and it's perfectly understandable. :)
another thing is that you do not start with full anything. making you somewhat easy to kill if you're not careful.
I'll have to fix the spawns, but until then you can get a Lifeblade and use your increased strength to heal for a few thousand HP per hit. ;)

Frozen In Base, there is a angle of the castle where bots get stuck like in Mangaia. The problem is that: the angle is in the roof of the castle, and this makes it difficult to kill bots stuck if you can not fly. In addition, bots locked attract other bots, and this creates a terrible lag.
For some reason I thought I had semi-fixed this, but apparently I will have to make the bots even more vehement about touching each other at all in order to prevent clusters like that.
PS: sorry for the errors, is the fault of translator.
No problem, you are not far off and it's perfectly understandable. :)
I'll have to fix the spawns, but until then you can get a Lifeblade and use your increased strength to heal for a few thousand HP per hit. ;)
hadn't considered that. now I just need air. though, really, that doesn't make a difference.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Recently I downloaded the game, and WOW! It was great! There are some unusable weapons and masks and powers but I understand, it's a work in progress. Some spawn problems, in Mangaia and at the Codrex the bots tend to clump at the sides or at the Codrex's sides, allowing me to significantly increase my KD ratio. But I see you are on that, now, so I guess there's no other problems there now...Keep it up! :)

Recently I downloaded the game, and WOW! It was great!

I'm always happy to hear people enjoying my work. :)

Some spawn problems, in Mangaia and at the Codrex the bots tend to clump at the sides or at the Codrex's sides, allowing me to significantly increase my KD ratio. But I see you are on that, now, so I guess there's no other problems there now...

Once I get done with my current slew of school work, I'll get back to programming. Hopefully this "clumping issue" can be solved then. :lol: Edited by Katuko

when I made my superbot I gave it 3 mill for everything but dex.

with 10000 I deidn't notice any differance... the only way I die is by trying to exit the map.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Here she is:

[Colors]
ArmorCol=16711680
BodyCol=16711680
EyeCol=65280
GlowCol=16711680
LimbCol=16711680
MaskCol=16711680
ShieldCol=16711680
WeaponCol=16711680
[General]
Gender=1
Name=Test subject XX
Points=0
Power=1
Species=0
[items]
Armor=0
Kanohi=1
KanohiType=0
Shield=1
Weapon=22
[stats]
Dexterity=40
Element=100000000000000
Mind=10000000000
Strength=40
Vitality=100000
Basically, a Toa of Water with a Rode, Protosteel Shield, Nuva Armor, Laser Drill, and a ton of energy.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

[Colors]ArmorCol=16711680BodyCol=16711680EyeCol=65280GlowCol=16711680LimbCol=16711680MaskCol=16711680ShieldCol=16711680WeaponCol=16711680[General]Gender=1Name=Test subject XXPoints=0Power=1Species=0[items]Armor=0Kanohi=1KanohiType=0Shield=1Weapon=22[stats]Dexterity=40Element=100000000000000Mind=10000000000Strength=40Vitality=100000 Basically, a Toa of Water with a Rode, Protosteel Shield, Nuva Armor, Laser Drill, and a ton of energy....You know, I feel like I would either be trashed by all of you because you have Mata Nui-level stats, or smash all of you because you're used to playing with high stats. I've got my fingers crossed for Katuko installing that "cheater filter" once he makes multiplayer, for obvious reasons.

Edited by Meta-Mind

...You know, I feel like I would either be trashed by all of you because you have Mata Nui-level stats, or smash all of you because you're used to playing with high stats. I've got my fingers crossed for Katuko installing that "cheater filter" once he makes multiplayer, for obvious reasons.

Don't worry, there's absolutely no chance I'd make an online mode that doesn't check for cheat files. But in single-player, have fun with your modified files. ;)

This is a real trick:
[General]
Points=1000
[stats]
Dexterity=25
Element=10000
Mind=10000
Strength=10000
Vitality=10000
When this file is opened, the color does not change, neither the name nor the equipment.
So if you open Lewa, and then you open it, you will have a Lewa with 10000 ELM so on.

So, after messing around with random elemental and Kanohi combinations, I noticed a few things. Most minor, but I suppose I could mention them.

The first is that Ice's primary attack goes through Exo-Toa when the Exo-Toa are encased in ice. The second is that setting a Toa of Gravity's stats uber high is extremely fun to play as. xP Instantly teleports target (if it survives, that is). :3

And Shadow seems to be very powerful compared to some of the other elements. Attack-wise, anyway. I never really noticed, until I tried out a Toa of Shadow with a Rode.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

When this file is opened, the color does not change, neither the name nor the equipment.So if you open Lewa, and then you open it, you will have a Lewa with 10000 ELM so on.

Ah, nice. I had completely forgotten that the game actually has the "use what is already set" as a fail-safe when no value is read from the file.

The first is that Ice's primary attack goes through Exo-Toa when the Exo-Toa are encased in ice.

I'll fix that. Does it still seem to do damage, by the way, or is it completely ineffectual so long as the target is frozen?

The second is that setting a Toa of Gravity's stats uber high is extremely fun to play as. xP Instantly teleports target (if it survives, that is). :3

Gravity works as "speed added per game frame", so if you have a very high gravity modifier... yeah. :P

And Shadow seems to be very powerful compared to some of the other elements. Attack-wise, anyway. I never really noticed, until I tried out a Toa of Shadow with a Rode.

For the lightning attack I added a higher modifier on the base elemental attack value than the other elements because it has a charge-up time and because it's menat to have some fall-off. Right now it does full damage even at the very tip of the fade-out, though, and with a giant hitscan area it's quite deadly.EDIT: Do quote boxes look weird to you now? Edited by Katuko

Yeah, all the quotes have been messed up since the forum update.

Edited by Tasty Holiday Beverage

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine who had trouble downloading the game lag because it was produced and then had 5000 or 8000 kills.

Maybe his computer is to blame, because I never had that problem and he had him twice in one game.

Google translation is horrible.

Edited by LARU 867

A friend of mine who had trouble downloading the game lag because it was produced and then had 5000 or 8000 kills.

Maybe his computer is to blame, because I never had that problem and he had him twice in one game.

Yes, that is usually caused by the computer.

(sorry for off-topic: what language are you translating from?)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Yes, that is usually caused by the computer.

(sorry for off-topic: what language are you translating from?)

I speak spanish, but i understand english a bit.

If you need a translation...

Edited by LARU 867

(What is your progress, good sir?)

I'm sad to say that progress is near nil. I thought the end of the school term would give me some extra time, and it has, but... life's getting in the way. I'm not gonna bother you with the details, but suffice to say Ive not been quite in the mood for coding. :/

How can I create a server?

And I think it whoud gbe a good idea to add bohroks

rahkshiandbohrok.gif

I am searching for peepol,who can program,and peepol,who have ideas for multimedia and games,to come and join the KranaNui Project
If you are one of them,please PM me! :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari:
If you have PM from me,you are one of them!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Just a random thought- could six Toa of different elements, firing on the same target, create a Protodermis Seal around it?

Could be useful if there were massive team battles (up to six on six, perhaps) or maybe co-op boss fights... or even co-op battles against NPC enemy armies, kind of like the "Story Mode" that was proposed at some point.

If there's already something like this which I'm forgetting about, then sorry.

Anyway, maybe the coding could be a little difficult... but I have no experience with that, so I wouldn't know.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Just a random thought- could six Toa of different elements, firing on the same target, create a Protodermis Seal around it?

Unless I actually add some form of story mission where it would be appropriate to use, you won't see any kind of Toa Seal in the game. If we ignore the additional code work it would entail, I'd still be programming an effect that simply won't see any use. Six elements focused on one character will likely kill the character too fast to even bother with sealing them. Alternately, they get sealed in a powered-up version of Ice that never breaks, thus killing the character still. Unless they get unsealed by the same six elements, in which case we have a dilemma: Wait for that to happen (leaving one player immobilized and bored) or respawn them as if dead (thus making sealing/unsealing moot).Aaand if I add a timer to the seal, then it's just Ice again.EDIT:femtoa_walk_animated.gifSome sprite work has been done, at least. Edited by Katuko

femtoa_walk_animated.gifSome sprite work has been done, at least.

~~~

Hm... the torso needs work. Right now, it's completely immobile, which doesn't look natural - on the other walking animations (not to mention real life), there's a bit of twist to the torso when the left arm comes forward. Right now, the sprite looks like it's trying to march, and not doing it too well. :P

The legs and arms look fine to me, though.

Edited by Meta-Mind