Techna: Breakdown

IC: New Metru NuiA barrage of diverse assaults came rushing to Arketh and Blacklight, threatening to blast the former into a pile bones. As there was no Shadow armor layering his bones (having absorbed that for more energy in his previous battle), the skeletal being had no such protection as he did before. However, he didn't need said defenses to evade the onsets. Instead, he performed a rather simple feat: teleportion via the darkness around him.This time Arketh was behind the duo after a few teleports. As he had vanished from the spot, Song couldn't focus on his mind or body, and therefore the Toa didn't locate his presence with telepathy now -- yet, anyway. He drew energy from the raging cloud of darkness above, channeling the power through Blacklight into blasts aimed at both his opponents.OOC: Say, Lev. I was wondering: how strong is the boost in Shadow elemental powers Blacklight provides?

IC: SongBut Song didn't need to track him. She just needed to know where he ended up.When he fired his blasts, she caught then on her shields. She fired at Arketh again.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ezraftin / Technology TowerEzraftin did his best to remain stoic, but couldn't help but crack a smile as Trakuda flew in completely the wrong direction. "You're going the wrong way!" he shouted.He pulled out a pocket watch/compass. After a while, he pointed down one of the hallways and said, "That is where we want to go. Let's get moving, before the security systems are sent after us."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: TrakudaIt's a good thing I'm wearing a mask over a mask here, because that was, as they say, 'très embarrassant'. With the words, "Aye aye, cap'n." I head in the right direction, being careful to move at the same speed as Ezraftin and Hrunja, so I don't pop off into the wrong tunnel again.

IC: New Metru NuiArketh opened a dimensional fluctuation that captured Song's energy burst, which would come in handy later on. His own energy attacks on the Toa of Psionics came to a stop; the skeleton sensed that his adversary was still connecting with his mind in order find fight against him, rather than with her eyes. Once again he decided to use that as an advantage.Within his head, Arketh summoned voices, some blaring and shrieking, others soft as his own voice. They chanted at Song, their utterings rising and lowering in pitch, trying to distract her with mental noise raging through the telepathic connection to her own mind.Are you afraid, creature of metal and tissue? Suppose you die at my hands -- think of what shall happen to your precious city. Can you and your ally defeat a demon older than your kindred's world?

IC-Aclaraung:Do you think that the demon won't just do the same to you? Aclaraung thought through the contact to Arketh, the contact that he was fighting against to keep Song safe. He sent a gust of air with his wings, trying to distract Arketh or Kopraga enough that he and Song may at least retreat and gather allies."How powerful are you truly, demon?" Aclaraung roared to the Blacklight, not to Arketh. "If you could be captured and held in naught but a simple blade, do you truly believe you can dominate even a soul as simple as this that holds you?" He let loose another burst of flame, less of an attack and more of an insult.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-Nui"Heh..." Kopraga responded, all but a subtle whisper to the Mystix. "I'll give it to you. Clever that you realized I'm in the sword.""But I will indulge your desire for knowledge and secrets. It took a legion to defeat me, to trap me in this blade. I am from the before-times, the ages of the arcane, not the ages of technology. It is only that from that age that one could defeat me, and when I am free once more, the armies of your ship will not be able to stop me.""The one who sealed me on the ship, to take me away from Spherus Magna, has no doubt long since passed to old age. Fool of a lightning Toa, thought the wards would prevent me from escaping. Oh, they kept me from Spherus Magna. But not for long.""But my desire for conversation is over. You are soon to die, Mystix. Prepare for your demise."The blade flashed red, taking temporary control over Arkeths power to release a blast of shadow strong enough to obliterate a Toa with ease.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung rolled away from the shadow blast, the burst of power crashing into the building behind him. A section of lights in the city went out as they lost power. Aclaraung let loose a bloodthirsty roar, still gliding in a circle around Arketh."Good to see I'm not the only old timer here," he thought-whispered to the blade, "And I'm not a Mystix. You're certainly close, though." The Dragon brought himself up above Arketh and the sword, diving quickly and loosing his flame, before rolling away and opening his wings at the last second to resume his glide.

profiles i guess

IC: New Metru Nui"I am the master of this blade! Its energies are mine to command!" Arketh barked at Aclaraung, not wanting to accept the fact that he may in fact be Blacklight's and Kopraga's tool.Watching the power blast produced with his own abilities fired by Kopraga almost frightened him into believing in the truth. Was he only being used for freedom of a monster like himself? Would he eventually become the trapped entity?No, he thought. Arketh was not a weak minded puppet for others. He would have to dominate the blade's power before it could control him."Are you calling me simple?" he snapped, hurling a blast of darkness at the flames. "Believe me, dragon. I have no use for organic or metal workings as you and your friend do," he boasted. "I am far beyond you, of higher existence, and of greater power."

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC-Aclaraung:"It is that belief that makes you simple!" Aclaraung growled back. "The belief that you are of a higher existence, of greater power, that you are destined to be a master over all...That is what shows your simplicity and stupidity!" The air around Arketh began to heat up, slowly at first, though the rise in temperature was soon easily manageable...and would soon be deadly to the shadowy being."Tell me this, creature: Do you believe you have any fallacies whatsoever, or do you believe that you are perfect?" Aclaraung growled back. "Because that sword just attacked me with your power. Who is the master and who is the servant now, I wonder?"

profiles i guess

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-Nui"Do not fret..." Blacklight whispered to Arketh. "On the day of Release, you will be rewarded as the loyal always have.""And as for you, Mystix... yes, I know. Dracorex, the Great Beings called you. I figured as much from your latent mental abilities. But your exact sub-species is not important, as you are soon to be dead."The sword released a crackling bolt of shadow lightning from the sky above, traveling far faster than Aclaraung was flying.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung 'heard' what Kopraga said, and arrested his motion. The shadow-lightning flew down past him, though it did give him a dark scar down the side of his face. Unlike many of his species, he stayed calm, avoiding the battle rage that would normally be inevitable."Look, the sword attempts to kill me again!" Aclaraung roared tauntingly at Arketh. "Not only that, it has proven much more successful in causing any damage than you have. Truly, which of you is stronger?"

profiles i guess

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-NuiBlacklight could feel the indecision in Arketh - this would be the time to seize control! The skeletal beings 'eyes' glowed red as the sword attempted to dominate him."Assuming direct control..."OOC: EDIT - Yes, I had to say that.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Song"Arketh, you are a fool. You brought this upon yourself."Song had remained quiet, until now. "Once Kopraga is free, he will have no use for you."Her voice turned hard. "And I cannot allow him to be freed."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: New Metru NuiArketh simply stepped through a portal to avoid being incinerated or melted. When he came back into view, it was near enough away from the heat to be perfectly safe. At this point Blacklight had launched his energy bolt at the dragon. His skeletal bearer watched as it grazed Aclaraung's face, amusement in his empty eyes."I'm trying to kill you, too," he responded. "Those are my powers it uses. Obviously I am the stronger."At the moment, Arketh thought, pushing back at the sword's attempt at control, and proceeding to focus on the darkness inside his enemies suits of armor. He willed it to squeeze, especially around their thoraxes where their lungs were, in order to crush the dragon and Toa.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung felt his chest begin to constrict, and he did the first thing that came to mind. He contracted his muscles, holding back the squeezing power of the darkness."Truly? So this sword uses your own powers?" The Dragon gave a barking laugh. "And yet, the sword attempts to control you, and it fights with your own powers better than you do. You aren't channeling through the sword, shadow, the sword is stealing from you!" Aclaraung loosed a roar, liquid flame following it and burning in the air, obscuring Arketh's view.After a moment the flame was free, Aclaraung and Song nowhere to be seen, though Song and Aclaraung's mental attack continued. If Arketh turned about he would notice that his two enemies were behind him, breathing easy and ready to continue the physical battle as well as the mental.

profiles i guess

IC: Lekar (NMN)Lekar was peacfully asleep, unaware of the epic battle happening nearby. He snored for a second, then settled back into normal breathing patterns. He was dreaming, but of what or who was unknown. He shifted, and whispered in his sleep. "No.. Don't go..." A second later he was simply snoring softly once more. IC: Krash (Krahzia)"I'm bored. Me too. What should I do? I don't know. Do you know? No, I don't. Maybe he knows. I don't know either. Who knows what we wanted to know then? I'm not sure." Though his head was unstuck from the can, Krash was now talking to himself. "Por queeeeeee!!!" Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-NuiWithin its wielders mind, the blade once more took on the aspect of its wielder, deflecting the incoming attacks with its will in a mental battle. He couldn't do anything against Song, for lack of psionic powers of his own, but as he wasn't be directly targeted, he had the defensive advantage - indeed, he was Arkeths defense."Night will fall, in due time. I hope you're prepared, Toa. You are weak, and death will come to you in due time."The blade continued draining Arkeths power in small amounts to fuel the spread of the disc of shadow above. The entire city of New Metru-Nui was as dark as a starless night. Reaching out into the shadows to 'feel' for its enemies, the blade said, "There they are... behind us."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung, in the darkness, let loose his flame. It was as an expanding burst of light and heat, something to counteract the darkness around the Dracorex. Not only did his flame provide light, however, but his scales almost seemed to glow with an inner flame, unwilling to submit to the shadow."Night will always fall, but even in the night there is light. Your shadow is but a blanket to hide under out of your fear, Demon."

profiles i guess

IC: SongSong responded mentally; It's always darkest before the light.She upped the ante of her attacks. As a Toa of Psionics, she by far had the upper hand in mental combat. It literally was her element.She fired several shots at Arketh's back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Investigating:.. well, someone had shut off the lights. The entire city was pitch black, and Keisael was only able to see through his night vision. He could see people stumbling around through the darkness, while he walked onward, trying to determine what was going on. He only had to walk a few blocks to find out; a fight was going on, between a Dragon, a Toa, and something else.. he assumed it was one of those.. Umbrae things. Unless he was mistaken. Before he knew it, the Dragon launched some type of fire; the fire provided a source of light, which allowed Keisael to switch back over to his normal everyday vision. He watched the three as they fought, keeping his distance. Hopefully this Dragon and Toa had this fight under control, and he didn't need to intervene. -Keisael

NPCs: Bunch of people in NMN & IC: Lekar (NMN)And as the day turned to night, mass panic broke out. There was screaming, there was yelling, and there was many calls to CHI and the Citadel as people noticed that the sun was gone, and that there were no stars. Of course, all of this woke Lekar up. "What the..." Lekar began, but stopped as he saw.. well, people screaming and lights on, torchs lit, and no sun or stars, even though it was black as night. Shoving his fedora into a hyperspace pocket, he attempted to calm the crowd down.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Blacklight / New Metru-Nui"Such heroic nonsense..."The darkness grew even deeper around the duo, completely blacking everything out where they were. A mask of shadows covered Aclaraungs eyes, and small tendrils began reaching through every small crack in his scales in an attempt to tear his face apart.Of course, a dragon in flight who can't see is very dangerous to be flying on, and the sudden shock would disrupt Songs concentration.Falling didn't do much for your heart either.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: New Metru NuiArketh shrieked, his will over the compressing darkness disconnecting. Evidently he was underestimating his foes and their power -- and perhaps even Blacklight's own. The darkness slammed like a black curtain around them, concealing the battle and buildings of the city.While Kopraga took charge in the mental battle, Arketh continued assaulting in the physical one. He swung his sword at the pair to behead the duo, with both claws clutching the handle. His strips were also feeling around for him, brushing against objects his eyes couldn't see. They helped, but as he was a noctural creature, the skeleton could make out the form of Song and Aclaraung.The fire was easily dealt with; Arketh used the Shadow energy to snuff it out. Some of the Toa's shots put nicks in his bones, but the others were dodged with quick enough movements.

-==IC: Kairan==-"Hmm... I don't see them here..." Kairan said, as the trio walked into the lobby. However, he noticed the outside suddenly go dark; the darkest it could go. Kairan frowned, and ran outside, even as a flare of light pierced through the darkness for a moment."What the..." Kairan muttered, not sure what was going on up in the sky; but he wanted to help, somehow. The only problem was, he couldn't see.

IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Fighting:Alright, now was the time to act; those two were getting owned by whatever this thing was. Running toward the fight, he switched over to night vision, seeing once again through the darkness; he spotted the creature attacking the Toa and her Dragon, and focused on the earth beneath it. He quickly created a box shaped hole beneath the Umbrae, by shoving the earth downward- hopefully that would distract it for a moment or two for the Dragon and Toa to do something to it. -Keisael

IC: Song"Aclaraung, catch me."With that, Sobg did something completely unexpected. She jumped at Arketh, during shot after shot as she flew.Her arc brought her on a collision course with Arketh as she swung her blade at his neck.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Lekar (NMN)Lekar growled in frustation. No-one even looked at him, and instead they all ran around screaming their heads off. More than a little annoyed, he took out his shield and activated his arm blaster, moving towards the main point that the crowd was running from. "I wish they would shut up already. My ears are beginning to hurt." he grumbled. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:"No!" Aclaraung roared, mentally and physically. His scales snapped shut, forcing the shadow out as his inner flame grew hotter and brighter. He released a blast of flame at Arketh and the Blacklight, before ducking under the swinging blade. He used Song's mental abilities as well as his own to make sure he knew where he was, continuing to fly safely even in his blindness.He flew himself just under Arketh, catching Song on his back though he didn't know whether or not her attacks had caused much damage. In anger he loosed flame at Arketh and the Blacklight again."Interesting attack, Demon," he growled mentally, "Though nothing I can't handle." The Dragon launched himself up and over Arketh, fast enough to confuse the shadowy being. He then slashed out with a claw, backing away quickly from the Blacklight to prevent himself from getting harmed. He blasted out more fire, creating light in the darkness, light which would easily harm the beings he was fighting.

profiles i guess

IC: New Metru NuiThe skeleton's wings flapped to suspend him in the air, so the disappearance of a portion of the ground was no problem for him. A gateway opened again, catching more of Song's attacks aimed for him. As her blade came for his neck, he parried the blow with Blacklight.Aclaraung's flames never managed to reach either of his enemies. Transporting via the seemingly endless darkness around them brought Arketh and his weapon out of the fires and claw's wake.Maniacal laughter escaped the skeletal being's mouth. "This is all too easy," he chuckled, though his opponents were definately giving him a challenge. "Your attacks will do no good. Watch as your city collapses -- that is, if you could."Arketh manipulated a section of the pitch blackness, shaping it to form a rushing cascade of Shadow to slam into a nearby building. The result would be half of its upper floors falling apart to fragments, which would possibly cause the falling remains to crush citizens below.

IC-Aclaraung:"You're just some bloody skeleton with delusions of grandeur!" Aclaraung roared. He concentrated, willing his inner fire forth, to burn away the shadow covering his eyes. It worked. However, he looked about, seeing nothing. He growled in frustration, his tail lashing out as he stood on the ground."Song," he said to the Toa on his back, "I'm blind to visible light. You can be my eyes now...but I myself will only see in infrared." The Dragon searched about with his senses, attempting to find the flying skeleton, when he realized it would emit no heat. Instead, he searched for a space colder than the surrounding air...there it was. Perfect shape, holding the sword and everything."Tell me when to go, Song, and I will," he growled out.

profiles i guess

OOC: lol, should've known he was flying.. IC Keisael - New Metru Nui - Fighting:Keisael watched as the building slowly collapsed; he looked down quickly to see where the debris was going to land, and spotted several civilians there, blind in the dark. He quickly slammed his foot into the ground, creating an awning-like cover over the innocent; his earth creation saved the lives of those underneath it, as the debris was caught and/or deflected. He then turned to look up toward the Umbrae, and took control of his earth awning; he brought it up quickly- using it as a catapult, and the debris on top of it as ammunition. He watched as the debris sailed toward Arketh. -Keisael

IC: Traxin (New Metru-Nui)The remaining bits of falling debris were blasted aside by a sudden burst of fire. The source slowly faded into view, as Traxin deactivated his Huna and glared at Arketh as his body was enveloped in flames, creating a source of light, "New Metru-Nui will not collapse. Not this day. You, on the other hand..."He raised his rifle, and unleashed several fireballs from it, even as he activated his jetpack and rose to meet Arketh in the air.

IC: Lekar (NMN)By now, most if not all of the citizens had moved far from the source of the shadow which blocked the sun. Lekar could see no one as he walked though the streets, acting on sound and air currents alone now. "Hello? Anyone out there?" A small whimper met his ears, and he used his control over air to find out that it was a young Matoran that had made the sound. Walking over, he picked the Matoran up and carried her as he began to move away from the source of the shadows, soothing the poor girl in the process."Let's get you out of here."Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg