Techna: Breakdown

OOC:

The spores darted and weaved, easily avoiding the steel spikes - though it was unlikely that poor Mars would have the same advantage.

...Congrats, Lev.You just invented an oxymoron.I think it's fair to say that, judging by her past actions, Mars probably has her guns loaded.IC: And the spores were correct. It was unlikely Mars would have the same advantage.Except that, with Mars, 'unlikely' met 'totally certain'.Mars drew disdainfully and without thought even as she twisted to the side and swerved to avoid the blasts and spikes faster than the spores had ever seen a being do so. She then sprayed the swarm with arcs of cordak bullets-from which even a graze would cause detonation-that scattered the now-smoking spores. Any trying to head towards her were short-circuited by an EMP. Finally, she began to aim more precisely and started to shoot the remaining robots.And therein lay the quandary for those left.Swarming charges, the typical best way to overpower a lone fighter shooting, were easily blasted to bits by the dual-cordak fire. Their attempts to surround or outflank the matoran were futile due to the fact that she was using two guns at once. Sneak attacks were caught by periodic EMPs that short-circuited spores easily. And blasting from the distance the spores had been forced to couldn't hit the reflexively speedy and short fighter turning to make herself less of a target and swiveling her torso to keep dodging and firing. Even assuming blasts clipped their foe, she appeared mentally and physically tough enough to take them and return accurate counterfire.Essentially, anything the spores did-or didn't do-would cause her to win. The matoran was not going down any time soon.Mars kept up her countersniping as she gradually moved back, not letting anything hit her between her layers of defense. The matoran had to keep the option for running open. If she ran out of the 40 bullets she had loaded into her MP3s for this mission, then she'd either have to use the Izu or increase the haste of her retreat. Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

-==IC: Kairan//Outside Techna Nui==-Kairan scowled, and stepped in front of one of the stun blasts, aiming to hit one of their teammates, and then collapsed to his knees."Get out... of here... Guy on... The inside..." Kairan said with a small smile, as he fell unconscious.OOC: Testing time. >=D

IC: Vorex [Resisting arrest/Attempting to be Totaly Epicz]Vorex had expected this, and used one of the tentacles Zero was trying to slash off to grab the very sabre he attempted to slash them with. The other tentacle ducked away and grabbed the pistol lying on the ground.Meanwhile, the third tentacle began to choke the guard.

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-No response. Zero thought, but smirked.He doesn't know that. Zero let the saber be grabbed, and smiled, as he fired three shots from his pistol at the tentacles, even as he assessed the situation once more.Lethal force recommended for self-defense. Will engage with lethal force in one minute.OOC: Aka, he ain't holding back once he frees his saber, one way or the other. Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

OOC: Zar comes to save the day!IC - Zarayna - Near Eastern Canyon:The toa flitted from cover to cover, his armor blending in perfectly. An observer would see nothing unless they focused hard. and that was what Zarayna wanted. Ahead, a matoran walked, with two bodyguards, both toa beside him. His armor was expensive and heavy, but not built for combat. Raising his crossbow, Zarayna sighted and fired, then fired again. Both bodyguards crumpled to the ground, and as the matoran turned, a third bolt lodged in his left eye. Zarayna zipped forward, and grabbed the kanohi, stuffing it in his pack. At a wave of his hand the bolts turned into rust, leaving to trace of how the murder was done.That was when he felt someone. This was rather abnormal, for although his implant could sense souls, it only automatically detected them if he knew the soul. he focused, and his frown faded. It was Mars. Bursting into a run, he arrived at the battleground, and paused for a second to take in what was happening. A bullet zipped by, missing him by a yard. Ahead he could see several dozen drones attacking a lone matoran who was blasting them down as fast as they could come. Reaching out with his power, Zarayna turned the insides of the drones into solid metal, and they dropped like flies.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

OOC; I don't care if he doesn't give up, technically, only staff can kill characters without permission.So Vorex will live. :evilgrin:IC: VorexOne of the tentacles was struck, and darted back, only to be replaced by a fourth. The guard now lay on the ground, either dead or unconscious. Vorex didn't care.What he did, however, care about was the sabre which he tugged free from Zero's grip, and the fact that all four tentacles were able to be devoted to removing his enemy from the picture."You don't have to do this." The creature warned. "You can just let me go. Claim that you fought bravely, and were defeated. You get the same respect, but the injuries and completion of the task itself are left unnecessary."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: AMTaOS - Spores / Eastern CanyonThe spores surrounding Mars began dropping one by one, as their innate levitation was incapable of supporting the increased weight. Mars helped, a little, but the world isn't two dimension - they could still attack from above and even below if they needed to.Esao and his TAC team were a bit less successful. Bullets and energy blasts from their primary weapons proved mostly ineffective, and only a few spores were taken out. The majority kept firing.And now where had Kairan gone? IC: AMTaOS (Part One) - Testing Facility, Test Chamber B-1Kairan would awaken in a dark room. A robotic voice said -"Subject #218. Name - Kairan. Possible Clone. Lightning. Calix."Another, this one a female, continued, "Good, good. Yes, I already know."There was a red glow, with a few arrows pointing to it, towards his left. There was an image of a Toa, arms raised with a symbol for elemental energy over him. That was all. There seemed to be some sort of device there."Do as instructed to start the testing."IC: AMTaOS (Part Two) - Testing Facility, Test Chamber C-1Stronin, too, would awake in a room. Not on the floor though. He was on a suspended platform, surrounded on all sides by a field of energy, hovering over a bunch of liquid that didn't look too pretty."Subject #219. Name - Stronin. Iron. Kadin."A female voice replied, in response to the stream of data, "Yes, yes, get on with it."There were two other platforms, also surrounded by fields of energy. "Well, I better give you the briefing. Allow me to welcome you to the Techna-Nui Testing Facility. You have been taken here for the sole purpose of testing in the name of science. Do not attempt escape with your iron powers, that walls aren't made of metal. You'll try anyways, but it won't work. Those energy fields make it impossible for you to use your elemental powers on or to create something on the other side of them. They also destroy elementally created constructs. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have four other test subjects to care for."There was a button on each platform. At the far end were two doors with two boxes with 'X's next to them. On the right of a room, there was a Toa with a glowing Hau on, and a Toa with his arms raise, a symbol of elemental energy above.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"You don't get it, do you?" Zero asked, as he ran forward, and fired off three shots at the tentacle holding his saber."I'm a robot. I don't care if I get 'injured'... I was almost totally destroyed in the crash, and I survived that. What makes you think you can scare me with that threat?" Zero stated, as he dashed toward Vorex, and then attempted to rip his mask right off his face.OOC: Don't underestimate Zero either, though. =P-==IC: Kairan//Testing Facility==-Kairan groaned, as he stood up, but frowned at the comment about the person already knowing of him... And his Replica status.What is this place...? Kairan thought, but moved toward his left, and toward the device, and fired a bolt of lightning toward the device, ready to act if needed.

OOC: You do know that the Tahk is fused to Vorex's face, right?Or did I forget to mention that?IC: VorexAs soon as Zero touched the Tahk, his head was filled with whispers, the voices of thousands of tortured souls, repeating the same things, over and over. The entire history of the mask was forced into Zero's memory, a blood-stained history of murder, betrayal, and above all - fear."I warned you."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

OOC: Sorry, I live in a different time zone.IC: (Ckase - Techna-Nui Crash Site)The drones seemed self-contained, though, as cutting them off from the mainframe didn't do much. It seemed to be time for a bit more tedious job, one which would be pretty slow without my mask speeding up my thoughts: I tried to stop the flow of data through each drone's processor at the same time, although I was pretty tired out from keeping my mask on and parrying stun bolts using my disk launcher and sword.OOC: Toa Levacius Zehvor, would you kindly reply?

Edited by The Mask of Ice

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

OOC: ... I think... you forgot to mention that. =P-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-Zero narrowed his eyes, as he slid backwards. However, he now had a new target, as he raised his gun toward the Tahk, and fired at it quickly; not aiming to hit the head of his opponent, but merely damaged the mask... Even a scratch would logically render it useless."So those are the whispers. I'd say you're more insane still, though, and the whole reason is that mask. A shame too." Zero stated, as he once more focused his aim at the tentacle that was holding his sword.

OOC: Well, now your character is traumatised. XDIC: VorexVorex ducked as soon as the gun was aimed at the mask. "The mask is but a channel, through which the whispers flow. They exist outside of it. I will find them."He dropped the sword, and the tentacles were sucked back into his chest. "You will let me leave."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Found a mask you hate more than that Avsa, mate? :PIC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) - Test Chamber B-1The lights in the room flared to fire, illuminated by old school lighting systems. The room was devoid of anything other than a collapsed in hallway, a large shaft going up in the center (above Kairans starting point), and a hall going onwards. There was a camera affixed to the top as well."Welcome to the Techna-Nui Elemental & Miscellaneous Powers Testing Facility. Test Subject #218, you have been selected to participate in this testing course. This is all for science, and to study your ability to solve difficult situations with your powers. Unfortunately the wing you would normally be in is damaged. Instead, you will be providing power to your own wing. And by your wing, I mean the tunnels underneath the Science District that have been closed off for your testing.""For this reason, unlike the other four testers, you will be faced with non-simulated tests and may have to deal with lethal military androids still functional down here, until you reach the final test, where you will be brought back up to the facility for cake and therapy. Please continue down the hallway for cake and therapy at the sound of the buzzer.""BUZZ"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: Is that even possible for a machine, no matter how- ... Wait, nevermind, stupid question. *Recalls "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOR?!?!", and knows that answer*-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-Zero dashed forward, and grabbed his saber, however, he then jumped back, and aimed his gun at Vorex once more."Sorry, but no. If you're right, then I don't think you should be allowed to find them... No matter what." Zero stated, as he fired at Vorex once more."And besides; are you sure you know what those things are?"OOC: Lev: Nah, Avsa's still my most hated mask. =P This simply shows your worst fear. Avsas drain your energy until you die, or it's deactivated. =P-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Doesn't sound too hard. Kairan thought, and ran down the hall quickly, making sure to pay attention to his surroundings, so that he didn't get ambushed by something, test-wise or not.

OOC: Heh, you hate the Avsa most now.What're you going to say if I tell you that the revelation of the whispers broke down a mental barrier which means that your character will now be able to hear them, even when not in contact with the Tahk?IC: Vorex"I don't know what they are. But you have heard them, also." A tentacle whipped out and blocked the bullet. Vorex didn't seem to feel the pain from the shot. "You know that they must be found. We will always hear the whispers, until they day that they are destroyed."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Or shattered. Technically by the same sword that Kairans using. :PIC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-1What he would find up ahead would be another black room. Again, there was the red glow over a device. And because I don't want to make two post, Kairan, once the room was illuminated, would find it another rusted room. The lightning device was on the other side of a chasm, a chasm that looked a little too far for the average Toa to jump...At the far end, next to the device, was a doorway. On the far side of the room would be Toa with the elemental energy, and the Toa with a glowing mask.OOC: EDIT: If Levacius was still alive, there would be nothing but snark about the whispers."Kill yourself....""I'll get right on that!""You are not taking this seriously.""Yup."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: I'm gonna ask about this mental barrier in a robotic body. =P But, I would say that it'll be an intriguing sub-plot, something I'm actually looking forward to.-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"I know they cannot be found, because they can only spell trouble; and might even just be part of that cursed mask." Zero stated calmly, as he adjusted his grip on his saber, and dashed forward, aiming to slice through all four tentacles quickly, if that was at all possible.OOC: Lev: True enough... True enough. xD In fact... You just gave me an idea for my fourth character. Should be an... intriguing situation. =PAnd yeah, Levacius would probably be sarcastic about that whole situation. Maybe as the virus spread and corrupts Zero's personality, he'll be sarcastic, just to effectively channel Levacius. =P-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Kairan frowned, and thought for a moment, but shrugged, and tossed another quick bolt of lightning at the device to see what would happen.Not quite sure what the mask would have anything to do with this, though... Though, I haven't really pushed it's limits yet...OOC: I nearly forgot the Calix can allow uber-jumps. =P

OOC: Thankyou, and by 'mental barrier' I meant that the mind actually refused to believe that they existed. But, now that Zero knows about them, his mind will almost be 'tuned in' to them.IC: VorexBut only one of the tentacles had escaped, and therefore only one was sliced. The remaining half retreated. "You know that they are not a part of the mask. If they were, you would no longer hear them."The storm is coming...The storm is coming...The storm is coming...The storm is coming.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Yeah, just illuminate the room and go for the jump. Mostly the test are just to see if anyone else remembers vague sub-plots from the main story. The last test, with the sound, was using a vacuum to counter sound, which was something I drew out of Web of the Visorak. It was going to be a Sound Entity, but I still can't figure out how a screaming, flying snake managed that...IC: AMTaOS - Spores / Wreckage of Techna-NuiThe spores began dropping, a few of them, but not many. The data was taking a long time to go into effect, scrambling each one enough to shut it down one at a time.The sword and launcher were ineffective blocking mechanisms. The spores simply flew past them, coming too close to be blocked by the equipment, and fired at Ckase point blank.IC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-1The lights went on, and now Kairan was free to attempt the jump.OOC: Have you been watching Doctor Who lately, Vorex? :P This reminds me of the whole sub-plot with the drums in The Masters head.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"Or, it could be something trapped inside your mask, with mental powers." Zero stated, as he fired off another shot at Vorex's shoulder."Either way, surrender now, and you might not be executed for attempting a prison break." Zero stated coldly, as he eyed Vorex down.OOC: Huh, this is interesting. I'm glad I decided to let Kairan be tested now. =D You also have a point about the drums...-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Kairan sighed, and backed up a bit, and then forced all his concentration into both his mask, and running toward the chasm... And when he reached the edge, Kairan jumped over the gap as best as he could... And he hoped that with his mask, that would be enough to get to the other side.

OOC: I see similarities now, but I honestly drew no inspiration from it.IC: VorexVorex didn't cry out as his shoulder was hit. "There are no lies greater than the ones we tell ourselves. You know that they aren't part of the Tahk. Deep down, you know that it is something more."The whispers will spread. They will be everywhere. No mind will be free from them, unless their source can be traced and destroyed."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-1Kairan safely made it to the other side with the masks aid. The door opened, allowing him to progress to the next chamber.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Kairan panted for a moment, but then moved through the door, and down the next hall, to the next test chamber.-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"Do you think I care what it is or isn't? No matter what it is, if it threatens me, my comrades, or this city, I will destroy them." Zero stated, as he gripped his saber, and ran toward Vorex once more.

IC: VorexVorex quickly side-stepped to avoid him. "Exactly. They threaten your city, and I have committed no crime apart from attempting to protect my liberty. We can seek them down, together. Perhaps involve others. They could be destroyed."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: (Ckase - Techna-Nui Crash Site)Try as I could, I couldn't shut down all the spores. There were just too many. One flew between my disk launcher and sword, and fired a stun bolt right in my face. "Son of a..." I cursed as a numbness quickly spread about my body, and my consciousness blinked out. I was at the mercy of that possibly psychotic (the physical trauma the whole ship took might've affected its logic circuits) AI.

My BZPRPG Characters

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

OOC: @ Zarayna; He's inside the ship.IC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-2At the end of the hall, Kairan would find yet another of those devices waiting for illumination for the room. He would also note that the electricity from the room before would be gone.The second chamber, once illuminated, would be huge. Imagine a trinity symbol. The three tips of this room would be solid - the central part was a chasm.On the one to the left of Kairan, there were two switches. On the one to the right, there was a door, with two blank X's next to it. On the ceiling was a camera and one square, showing a being with his arms raised, a symbol for elemental power above their head.The chasm was a bit too large to cross. Next to him, to his left, there was also a switch. If one pulled it, a platform would raise from below to the center, and remain as long as the switch was pulled down.Well this would be a tricky one.IC: AMTaOS - Spores / Wreckage of Techna-NuiThe spores dropped, and Ckase was surrounded by a field of teleporation....IC: AMTaOS (w/Ckase) / Testing Facility LimitsThe Toa of Data would awaken in a white walled room, alone. To his left was a computer on the desk. On the right, on the ceiling, was a camera."Let us start by saying - your hacking will be useless on me, or any of my cameras. Or pretty much anything in here, including the doors. Everything is blocked out. We never set up testing for Toa of Data, you see. So really, you should be dead. You're just trash, after all. But I have a better idea...""I am sending a team to do an errand for me. You will be assisting them. In exchange for your freedom Fire up the computer and... we can begin."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"You used a mask without permission against another citizen." Zero said, as he looked at Vorex with a raised eyebrow."Plus, there isn't any evidence toward these things; aside from voices that may just be someone using mental abilities to further your story."-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Kairan frowned, as he looked around the room.Now how could this work...? Kairan thought, as he looked at the switch, and raised an eyebrow with a smile. He fired off a blast of lightning at the device, and pulled the switch, in order to test his theory.How long does this take to go down, after it's pulled...?

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

IC: Vorex"Many use their masks without permission. I was startled. I have a lot of enemies." Vorex explained. "And, besides, you would know if your theory was true. You realise what they are, even now. They can only attempt to cloud thoughts."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Added a Kairan IC to last post, just to mention.-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"I meant that you used your mask on someone else without proper authorization. Since it is similar to an attack-type mask, that could be classified as an offense." Zero stated, as he wasn't going to let this already known criminal who just attacked a guard and attempted a prison break to play mind games with him.

IC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-2The switch went down almost immediately. A ticking sound could be heard, giving about three seconds time to get across. Enough time to get to the one end, but if this switch controlled all the ledges, how would one get back across after reaching the far end?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Vorex"This is not an attack mask, nor is it similar to one. The effect it had on your friend was unfortunate, but not intended." Vorex hissed. "And if you wish, check your databases. I have committed no crimes, save that, which can't even be considered a crime in itself."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-Kairan paused, but a slight idea came to mind. He looked around first to make sure that there was nothing to jam the switch into place... And then pressed the switch, and then attempted to remove the electricity from the device he had just powered up.-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"Either way, you did attempt to resist arrest, since it took about four Techna Guards and other, unaffiliated people to surround you for you to give up." Zero pointed out.

OOC: Call Zaphos! He's a lawyer! :PIC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) / Test Chamber B-2The switch refused jamming - though Kairan nearly broke it off. Before he could remove the electricity in the room, the voice spoke down,"Please do not break the equipment, or damage it by removing electricity from the room after electricity has been sent to the room. Interesting fact - these rooms can remain powered for twenty-four hours on one blast of lightning. Isn't that grand?""Would you like some help? Okay. Here it is - you have to leave the chamber to progress to the next chamber. There. That's all I can give. Save the test name. Electrical fields. Fancy that. Now let's see the science."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"... By killing a guard?" Zero asked, still skeptical, at least of the methods used."If you really wanted to prove your innocence, you should've waited for a hearing, and presented your evidence there." Zero stated, not changing his stance./EDIT: OOC: Lev: Yeah, good point. xD Funny, too, it's Vorex again, who got thrown in jail for a minor thing. First Inc, now Vorex. Who's next? xD-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-"Apologies." Kairan called back, being polite even though this computer system was crazy. That was just the way he was. Next, he tried to fire a blast of lightning toward the door, to follow up on his second theory, though that wasn't really likely to work either.OOC: Question, do I need to go back to the place where Kairan is now, after I move past that? =P

IC: Vorex"The guard is not dead. He is unconscious."You know yourself that they would not have released me for a hearing. While Torch was in charge, your legal system was sensible, at the very least. But with Gust... I was arrested on the word of a maniac claiming he planned to destroy New Metru-Nui. That doesn't seem very sensible to you, does it?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: (Ckase - Testing Facility)I awoke in a white chamber, a terminal beside me. I heard a female voice, probably that of the AI, say that I was to assist a team on an errand in exchange for his freedom, or die. "Guess I got no choice, then." I mumbled to myself as I pressed the power button on the computer. Too bad I couldn't hack it unprepared. Too much ICE.

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: AMTaOS (w/Kairan) - Test Chamber B2The door did absolutely nothing. It was a door."It is a door. It does not do absolutely anything."IC: AMTaOS (w/Ckase) - Testing Facility LimitsThe computer fired up. A diagnostic was shown on the monitor of all components, which were still functional. It went to the operating system -Techna Operation System V.5 Business EditionThe login screen flared up> Username -> Password -The voice said, "The username is T, C, H, T, W, R, A, D, M, N. The password is - 5 3 0 2 1 4 9 2 3 k L m T s 8 9 3 a A a A swordfish 3 9 1. Don't mess it up, you only have one try to get in."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Zero//Detention Center==-"You were arrested because of the whole mask incident; or at least, I was planning on arresting you from the start because of that." Zero pointed out."Granted, you didn't fair well because of the fact that I saw a criminal pointing a gun at someone when I saw you, but..." Zero said, but shook his head."Either way, you would've gotten a hearing, even if you weren't directly present so you couldn't influence anything. You would've been present in some way, however."-==IC: Kairan//Test Chamber==-"Was worth a shot." Kairan shrugged, and then attempted to remotely activate the other switches, though it was likely also a theory that wouldn't work.