Makuta Origin Form

on another topic i made i came up with another question which does not necessarily fit in that topic so here it is. does anybody know if the makuta ever had a default form? i mean if you think about it when they were created they must have had a origin form. or were they somehow allowed to take what ever form they first thought of. so yeah that is the question.i guess this could also be compared to the adaptive armor the toa nuva wear. since as we have seen when the armor is not adapted to another environment it will take the form of their original armor as toa nuva.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

They were originally biomechanical, so yes, they must have had original forms. And it's obviously most plausible that their forms were winged titans, since most still use that form. Their specific personal standard forms now might not be the same as their original forms, though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I always imagined the Makuta's origin form was similar to the Makuta set that came out in 2003. (Just with each of them having different masks and/or weapons) I have no evidence to support this, but its just my personal opinion.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I assumed that the the Makuta we saw were winged because they had some sort of adaptive armor, kind of like the Nuva. Especially since the Phantoka Makuta were bat-like to adapt to the sky, while the Mistika were insectoid to adapt to the swamp. I don't think those were their original forms. I really like the bulky 2003 Makuta set, so when I imagine Makuta that aren't in Karda Nui, I think of that set with different masks.I just thought of this: "Ultimate Dume" would fit right in around the stalactite villages.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

I assumed that the the Makuta we saw were winged because they had some sort of adaptive armor, kind of like the Nuva. Especially since the Phantoka Makuta were bat-like to adapt to the sky, while the Mistika were insectoid to adapt to the swamp. I don't think those were their original forms. I really like the bulky 2003 Makuta set, so when I imagine Makuta that aren't in Karda Nui, I think of that set with different masks.I just thought of this: "Ultimate Dume" would fit right in around the stalactite villages.

No, the adaptive armor was unique to the Toa Nuva. Artahka made it just for them. It's just that Makuta can shapeshift into whatever form is convenient, and if you are in a stalagtite cave with a bunch of Matoran that can fly, that form probably is. I think the "standard" Makuta form is the 2003 Makuta form - didn't Teridax get his wings in 2004 from absorbing Nivawk?

I think Teridax's, at least, is the Shadow Titan form. I might be recalling this incorrectly, but wasn't it said before that Antroz's was his form in the Jetrax T6 set?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

No, the adaptive armor was unique to the Toa Nuva. Artahka made it just for them.It's just that Makuta can shapeshift into whatever form is convenient, and if you are in a stalagtite cave with a bunch of Matoran that can fly, that form probably is.I think the "standard" Makuta form is the 2003 Makuta form - didn't Teridax get his wings in 2004 from absorbing Nivawk?

Yeah, I forgot about the shapeshifting power. BS01 says Makuta's 2004 form came from Nivawk, (He got the wings eyebeamed off in Time Trap) Krekka, Nidhiki, and Metru Nui's power supply. So that form was actually relatively new. But I still think that before he impersonated Dume, he looked like his '03 titan set.

wasn't it said before that Antroz's was his form in the Jetrax T6 set?

I kind of hope not; he looks too much like a Toa in that form.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

Isn't there a picture somewhere on BS01 that shows three Makuta that look like Teridax in his 2003 form?

I think if i remember correctly that is more a artist's interpretation since that picture was in the bionicle world guide book. so no i don;t think that is true and also prior to 2008 we had never seen any other makuta and thus the only makuta we had seen was in that form so it was easier for the artist just to use that form.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, too bad it's just Alternate Teridax and Miserix left. I would really like to see a comic with a restored Makuta. I agree with the winged form though, since if you spent hundreds of years in a tall, titan-like, winged body, and suddenly needed some kind of robot to hold you, you would probably design it either massively stronger, or in a familiar form with the same, easy movements. The Karda-Nui Makuta looked similar (although it was shapeshifting), '04 Teridax, and I think Icarax too. Kind of Miserix if you think about it.

Isn't there a picture somewhere on BS01 that shows three Makuta that look like Teridax in his 2003 form?

I think if i remember correctly that is more a artist's interpretation since that picture was in the bionicle world guide book.
Just to be clear, you're correct, Voxumo. :) Greg confirmed it. So we don't really know what those three actually looked like, but chances are they were similar to Terry 03.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think if i remember correctly that is more a artist's interpretation since that picture was in the bionicle world guide book.
Just to be clear, you're correct, Voxumo. :) Greg confirmed it. So we don't really know what those three actually looked like, but chances are they were similar to Terry 03.
i thought i remembered it correctly but thanks for confirming bonesii

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu