Is There An Estimate Of How Many Intelligent Beings Exist?

In the Bionicle Universe? Well, I'm guessing about one million. Much less than Earth, obviously, but assuming a few thousand per region, counting intelligent Rahi, Bara Magnans, GBs...Yeah. But, I don't actually have a source for this info. It's purely a guess, as I'm sure the next few posts will be.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I don't think there is any way to find a definite answer to this question. There were countless species in MU alone (Toa, Skakdi, other species that didn't get a name in the story, etc.). Add them with the population of Spherus Magna, and, well, you have a lot of intelligent beings in the story. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's hard to tell, but I get the impression that the Bionicle world is smaller than our world. If I had to put down an estimate it would probably be in the hundreds of thousands. Of course, there could be whole cultures on Spherus Magna that we've never seen, but from what we know that's my guess.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

If you take a step back and ask how many Matoran lived in Metru Nui prior to the GC, the official answer is 1000. Now obviously, this wasn't the original intent, but somewhere along the line, someone said, "how are there a million Matoran in the Coliseum if Ga-Koro could barely fit forty?" But Greg was clear that no one died between the exile and the return to Metru Nui, except Jaller (why was he so adamant on this fact? Future story? Eternally lost Graphic Novel 10 story?) If there were only 1000 on Metru Nui, then we can assume that just 1000 in all the other civilizations are possible. The original Spherus Magna, which from the eyes of the Earth-length beings (another numbers issue) shows no curvature, was probably massively more populated than our planet. After the Shattering, however, I get the impression that most of that population died, and that the remnant stayed within an Earth radius (remember the other robot) of each other. Still, each of the remaining tribes probably had more intelligent beings remaining in their city than in the MU.On the other hand, all of the Bara Magna Agori lived in the other robot for a time, so maybe their weren't that many...On the other hand, I've already demonstrated that that the MU was surprisingly sparsely populated...Dang it, I'm arguing with my self again!

Edited by Zestanor

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

On the other hand, all of the Bara Magna Agori lived in the other robot for a time, so maybe their weren't that many...On the other hand, I've already demonstrated that that the MU was surprisingly sparsely populated...

You have? Just because there were only 1000 Matoran in Metru Nui doesn't mean that there weren't thousands and thousands of them elsewhere. Given Metru Nui's size, you would probably need at least 2,000 more to run the entire robot, not to mention all the Vortixx, Skakdi, e.t.c. living there. And the SM/BM inhabitants never lived inside the prototype robot - it didn't have nanotech.

And the SM/BM inhabitants never lived inside the prototype robot - it didn't have nanotech.

I don't mean they actually operated it; I mean they used it as their Mega-Village.

You have? Just because there were only 1000 Matoran in Metru Nui doesn't mean that there weren't thousands and thousands of them elsewhere. Given Metru Nui's size, you would probably need at least 2,000 more to run the entire robot, not to mention all the Vortixx, Skakdi, e.t.c. living there.

What I was first trying to say was that since all the Agori lived in an object smaller than Earth, their population was probably comparable to that of the MU's. But then I turned around and said that the MU's population was basically irrelevant, since it was so small (ex: there was a sky scraper for every Matoran in Metru Nui.)So now we have two boundaries: The Agori population is some amount smaller than the human population of Earth, but many, many times larger than the number of all the Matoran, Vortixx, Skakdi, etc. in the MU. If the Agori population is less than Earth's, and they live on a planet larger than Jupiter, that's a pretty microscopic in the grand scheme of things, isn't it? Most of the new Sperus Magna won't ever be used. Oh wait, they can reproduce...

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

I thought the Matoran Universe natives greatly outnumbered the Agori and Glatorian. But I don't think we've been hold how many Agori and Glatorian surived on Bota Magna yet, so it's hard to tell.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

People keep using the ratio of automation to Matoran in Metru Nui to estimate the ratio in other MU places, but I always got the distinct impression Metru Nui was far, far more automated than just about anywhere else, and a lot of the key maintenance for the brain is centered there. The other places seem more like vast open spaces where more OR less people might live -- it could hold more, but then less might be needed to upkeep what automated systems are there.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's hard to actually find an estimated amount, let alone find the exact answer to the question. So, no, I don't believe there's an estimated total.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...