Harassing The Bzp Staff

Echelon

Clearly a South Park rule doesn't apply here according to the comments :P

If it has anything to do with that show, it is inapropriate for BZPower.
What a silly thing to say. Down with valid, intelligent points and observations on modern day society! AND IT HAS SWEARS IN IT!!Reactions are okay I guess. Not sure why you said the cancer thing, because it was funny up until then. And I'm not one of those people who's all NEVER JOKE ABOUT CANCER (because some people just deal with it in that way, which is fine), it's just that the 'joke' you made wasn't witty. Make a witty, clever joke about cancer and I'll probably laugh. But using it just for the shock factor is mreh.- Tilius

What a silly thing to say. Down with valid, intelligent points and observations on modern day society! AND IT HAS SWEARS IN IT!!
It's not a matter of being appropriate for life or not, but it is inappropriate for BZPower.Anyway, can we reroute this to something more on-topic?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

What a silly thing to say. Down with valid, intelligent points and observations on modern day society! AND IT HAS SWEARS IN IT!!
It's not a matter of being appropriate for life or not, but it is inappropriate for BZPower.
Well not really. I can post a picture of one of the characters and it's okay for BZP. It's the fact that the other poster mindlessly said EVERYTHING about the show is inappropriate, when it isn't. Unless thought provoking stuff is now considered inappropriate, which actually wouldn't surprise me at all.But yeah, back to the topic at hand. It's good.- Tilius

It's not a matter of being appropriate for life or not, but it is inappropriate for BZPower.Anyway, can we reroute this to something more on-topic?
The reference being made is that bad things become funny after 23 years. Hardly an inappropriate joke, especially considering its vagueness.To get more on topic though, it's too bad that since the staff knows about this, we'll have to wait until a new batch of staff members come along to attempt a similar prank on them at some point.-Ced

Well, some of us didn't get the memo that cancer was around for 23 years and was now in fun-zone territory. :P And IMO, it's not. Even though I've never had a family member with cancer, I could never imagine joking about it in a cavalier manner. Or even that all bad things are laughable in 23 years. Tradgedies like spaceships blowing up do not become funny over any length of time. Anyway, to get back on topic, if I recieved a message like the one above, I would say: "You're out of luck. I changed ten times in the past ten minutes."And I think another prank could be pulled like this, but it would have to be a different PM, and probably include more or different staff members.

I got this, but didn't reply, because I fully intend to change. :evilgrin:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I got this, but didn't reply, because I fully intend to change. :evilgrin:

Hmm... That can only mean one thing. Bonesiii is going to invite all of his skeleton friends to the site and resurrect the archives and bring about the end of the BZP world! It's the Bionicle Zombie Apocalypse! Stop playing MNOG! Let mask packs rest in peace! For the love of Mata Nui, leave the card game alone! D=Run for your accounts' lives! :(Anyway, I think Smeag had the best reaction. XP Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

...Really? I offered out my condolences for nothing? Ugh. Still, I'm not going to shout or rage at HB about it, because, given some of the jokes I share with my friends, it would be intensely hypocritical to disapprove. Of course, I don't think it's right to suggest you have cancer so lightly on a child-friendly forum. It seems just a tad inappropriate.But yes, the subject at hand. Times like this still make me wish I was part of the staff. I've considered my answer for such a question, but all I can think of is Obama or Hobo puns.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I didn't really joke about cancer as much as I used cancer to make a joke. Sorry if I offended anyone or committed a heinous act against humanity. Can we get back on topic now?Edit: Just to clarify, I don't really have cancer.

As others have said, cancer is not a thing to joke about in this manner. I imagine it would be insulting to those who are suffering.Thread closed.