Matoran "birth"

Everything in MNOG is already "canon unless it contradicts other canon"; that includes the vast majority of the story. :) The whole ending sequence especially is canon.One example of a contradiction is how they handled the Suvas and the Golden Masks. Very trivial, so no real harm in just those parts being noncanon.

Ah, I see now.

• 2 weeks later...

They are created. Though, you can make mechanized ones or use parts from dead ones to make new ones. I guess.

Not entirely mechanized. Matoran are biomechanical. This includes a biological component.
I mean, you can make mechanized Matoran. A robot like Maxilos, Boxor and such.
Theoretically, the creators of Matoran might be able to make robots that looked like Matoran...maybe...But they wouldn't be actual Matoran. Matoran have organics.

They are created. Though, you can make mechanized ones or use parts from dead ones to make new ones. I guess.

Not entirely mechanized. Matoran are biomechanical. This includes a biological component.
I mean, you can make mechanized Matoran. A robot like Maxilos, Boxor and such.
Theoretically, the creators of Matoran might be able to make robots that looked like Matoran...maybe...But they wouldn't be actual Matoran. Matoran have organics.
Good point.

-G u u R a h K

There seems to be a method of construction rather then a reproductive system. After all the matoran population was never reported to have increased in the Matoran universe so it was probably some method carried out by the Great Beings or possibly the Makuta, as they were originally the ones who made wildlife and maybe were given a method of how to make more matoran if the population dropped to alarming levels.Though presumably this hypothetical method of construction was lost, simply unnecessary, or the makuta (or any being with the knowledge and means with such a method, assuming any were) did not do it for affiliations reasons.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that Matoran aren't created in a similar way AT ALL to humans, but I believe they can only be created in Metru Nui. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the energy source in the city, assuming that the energy source could be controlled and maintained by Matoran. ( Turaga can probably do it too, considering Dumewas one of the few intelligent beings on the island for a long time that would be trusted with such a power source.) Apparently they can also be created by Artahka, but he probably uses his Mask of Creation for that, and I doubt that anyone else would have a Mask of Creation. So, in conclusion, I think that Matoran are created by theincredible energy source in Metru Nui or by Artahka. I have no idea of how new Av-Matoran in Karda Nui come into being. There has to be some way, or eventually all the Matoran would turn into Bohrok, having no body to work in Karda Nui.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

I had the feeling that each community of Matoran could make more of their own kind, unless maybe they are missing certain equipment (as they probably would be on Mata Nui and Voya Nui). Matoran of different regions have different builds, and I'd expect their appearance would be less diverse if they were all built in one or two places.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Yeah, I think the machines that can make new Matoran must be in more places besides Metru Nui, because all Greg ever confirmed were made there were the six main elements, to repopulate that city if any died. But there are Matoran of other elements in other places. Perhaps there is one machine for each element in the whole universe, but not necessarily.And yes, Artakha's is the only Mask of Creation. The same is true of all three Legendary Masks; Time, Life, and Creation. Also, pretty sure Artakha's mask only gives him instructions on how to build something, it doesn't actually do the building, so even he would probably prefer to have machines built to make them. So the mask may very well have given him instructions on how to make the machines that in turn make Matoran.As for different builds in different places, keep in mind a main reason for the builds of the Voyatoran and related groups was that they had been sent to Karzahni to be repaired but he did a bad job, and sent some back out for a while. Probably there are some Metruan builds on the continents and other places too, and that's probably what most Matoran originally look like after being built. Though there certainly could be exceptions even if I'm right about that; for example Av-Matoran's machine might make them different.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

There are two ways it could happen, I guess, and it's not clear which is the case -

1. There were a specific amount of Matoran created by the G.B.s and Artakha, and they haven't created any since, maintaining a stable populace.
  2. The can be created by said two figures, and, seeing as how the G.B.s were basically absent from the Matoran Universe (minus the hidden one), Artakha still manages to create some bringing new ones into the universe.

But as per how they are created, the have to be built/assembled by the G.B.s or Artakha, and aren't "born" by the means we'd think of.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

There are two ways it could happen, I guess, and it's not clear which is the case -
  1. There were a specific amount of Matoran created by the G.B.s and Artakha, and they haven't created any since, maintaining a stable populace.
  2. The can be created by said two figures, and, seeing as how the G.B.s were basically absent from the Matoran Universe (minus the hidden one), Artakha still manages to create some bringing new ones into the universe.

But as per how they are created, the have to be built/assembled by the G.B.s or Artakha, and aren't "born" by the means we'd think of.

Neither is the case. Have you been reading posts here? Greg confirmed that there are machines in Metru Nui (and maybe other locations) that can make new Matoran. The population isn't fixed; Dume is confirmed as able to give the order (pre-2004 flashback plot of course) to have the machines make a new Matoran to replace any that died (and some did).But it does appear correct that the GBs and Artakha can make them too, although like I just said in the previous post, more likely Artakha made machines which can make them, possibly even he is the maker of the confirmed machines. Or the GBs might have made those originally.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Perhaps it's the same as building a toa but not with elemental powers Which is also a mystery maybe it's like 1. you make a mechanical outer body2. organic tissue is added and organs brain,muscles,etc.3.you paint it4.install the heart stone5.put the mask on6.you name it and send it to work?just a idea I though of

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost element of AWESOME.

I always thought Matoran were created by Mata Nui when their work was needed in a certain place. I never thought they could be made by anyone else (except for the Makuta, but they refuse to). How exactly, I don't know...maybe they are made from a pool like the Makuta?

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

I always thought Matoran were created by Mata Nui when their work was needed in a certain place. I never thought they could be made by anyone else (except for the Makuta, but they refuse to). How exactly, I don't know...maybe they are made from a pool like the Makuta?
Have you been reading posts here? Greg confirmed that there are machines in Metru Nui (and maybe other locations) that can make new Matoran. The population isn't fixed; Dume is confirmed as able to give the order (pre-2004 flashback plot of course) to have the machines make a new Matoran to replace any that died (and some did).But it does appear correct that the GBs and Artakha can make them too, although like I just said in the previous post, more likely Artakha made machines which can make them, possibly even he is the maker of the confirmed machines. Or the GBs might have made those originally.
Well, in a sense all protodermis is made from energized protodermis, which is a liquid, and standard liquid protodermis might have been involved in the creation of Matoran, which could have been derived from a pool. But no, I don't think Matoran creation is like that of the Makuta. Makuta are made from antidermis, Matoran from protodermis, and thus the process involved is probably different, seeing as these substances are radically different from each other. And I doubt there are any Makuta-making machines.

To me it seems that most likely the turaga have some sort of mental link with a matoran production facility somewhere in the inner workings of the MN robot. When a matoran died, a turaga would get a message from the dead matoran's body (mentally) telling them that a matoran needed to be produced. They would not be aware of this though as it would take place in a part of their mind they do not use (like how we humans only use 10% of our brains). Then the turaga would send another message to the matoran production facility, telling it a matoran was needed. How the matoran are produced is explained here. I think the organic material how ever would be produced in large vats or tubes. Some of this organic material would be put through extremely different conditions in order to differentiate it from the others (this process would be completely randomized). Then a machine with advanced AI would create an AI/personality for the matoran. The machine would examine the differences from a control "matoran brain" and from that information create the AI. Now the newly created AI would be examined even further to decide what element/gender suited it best. Once done the matoran's robotic skeletal frame would be made along with bodily organic material. Finally the matoran's brain would be added and a mask sealed on the head. Now the finished, unawakened matoran would be sent through chutes to its destination. Once the matoran arrived it would awake and have a mental not within its head telling it where to go and who it was.Hope you like my theory :D

I've always thought it was like this. Matoran "shells" were made some where in the MU then they were shipped to Mata nui. He then used some of his energie to add organic material to them and start them. Then they were brought to where they were needed.P.S. My first post

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka