Lego Super Hero Topic.

What do you guys think about the Super Hero sets and mini figs? I really like all of the Avengers sets. I like most of the mini figs. I really wish Thor's hair was a darker color and that Black Widow has red hair, not blonde. But overall all the sets are amazing! What do y'all think?RCF

Black Widow's hair is still red in a sense-- as red as the Weasley's hair in the Harry Potter theme at any rate. The color they chose (38 Dark Orange) is certainly not as red as it appears in a lot of scenes in the movie, unfortunately.I like the figs overall. The Avengers figs look largely movie-accurate, the X-Men figs look wonderful and vibrant, and the D.C. Universe figs have nice comic-book designs. Hard to judge the Spider-Man figs because we've seen so few pictures of them, and haven't even gotten a good look at the set they come in. The set designs are also very stylish.But if this topic is just about the sets and figs, it will probably be closed, since there are topics for the D.C. line here and the Avengers line here (no topic on the X-Men or Spider-Man sets, but discussion of those seems to be in the Avengers topic so perhaps that's due for a name change).

Although I don't have a huge interest in them, it's an interesting line of figures and sets they've released. The Avengers sets do seem accurate to their movie counterparts, though - the Hulk needed to have dark-green instead of lime-green set-wise, but I could be wrong.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I agree with your complaints, but I also think that the Hulk should have had the purple shorts.

Yes he should have! He also could have been a bit darker for me!RCF
And, in the constraction figures, Iron Man should have either been dark red and gold, or had the most common comic-book suit if it needed to be bright red.Funnily enough, a few people (including me) complained about the Iron Man minifig's helmet, but it's not that bad in the set itself.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I think part of the reason for Hulk's lime-green coloring, besides that it requires fewer parts in new colors than some other types of green might have, is that TLG wanted it to stand out from their other Super Heroes sets on store shelves. After all, Joker already has a green-and-purple color scheme, while both Joker and Green Lantern use the same Bright Green color used for the Hulk minifigure. Then again, Captain America uses primarily red and blue, which are also used on Iron Man and Batman respectively, so it might be primarily a matter of needing fewer parts in new colors.By the way, since this topic is in the LEGO Sets subforum, shouldn't we be focusing on the non-constraction sets? I think there's already a topic for the "Ultrabuilds" in the Hero Factory discussion subforum.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I agree with your complaints, but I also think that the Hulk should have had the purple shorts.

Yes he should have! He also could have been a bit darker for me!RCF
And, in the constraction figures, Iron Man should have either been dark red and gold, or had the most common comic-book suit if it needed to be bright red.Funnily enough, a few people (including me) complained about the Iron Man minifig's helmet, but it's not that bad in the set itself.
Yeah IMO Iron Man could have been a WAY better colour for me. His face piece bothers me though! :P Just by how it looks and opens.RCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

• 3 weeks later...

I don't own any Lego Super Hero sets, but I may get a few sometime. It would be cool if they had a Lego Minifigures wave that had Marvel figures (especially ones that you wouldn't find in sets).That Spidey vs. Doc Ock set looks pretty awesome. I wonder if they're going to make sets based off of the new Avengers show coming out and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.