What Happened To Metru-Nui?

If I remember correctly, the moon that Teridax got crushed by had Metru-Nui on it. When it crashed, was the city destroyed?

Technically, Metru-Nui wasn't on the moon at that time, because if the moon was Aqua Magna (based on the blue coloring here, then Metru-Nui was on the moon when the Mata Nui Robot was on it, but when Makuta took over, any island (like Mata Nui) that was on the surface was destroyed, and any island inside (like Metru Nui) was taken up with Makuta to Bara Magna. It was inside his head when the moon hit it, and so Metru-Nui was probably mostly destroyed. As Biosector01 says:

Metru Nui was greatly damaged when when a fragment of Aqua Magna collided with Teridax's head during his battle with Mata Nui. This collision ripped a hole in the ceiling of Metru Nui

So you can take that as truth.

Metru Nui was greatly damaged when when a fragment of Aqua Magna collided with Teridax's head during his battle with Mata Nui. This collision ripped a hole in the ceiling of Metru Nui

So you can take that as truth.
How could a hole be ripped to the ceiling of Metru Nui? The ceiling of Metru Nui was Makuta's face, not the back of his head. Oh well...Anyway, the reason I didn't like the ending as it is exactly because Metru Nui should now be utterly destroyed, crushed, with absolutely no survivors at all. And that wouldn't be nice. The canon explanation, that they miraculously survived everything crumbling around them, is just an unfinalized way of ensuring that our favourite characters can live.If the fragment had hit Makuta on the face, then there would not be much doubt about Metru Nui being able to survive, although damaged.

Remember that Metru Nui faces the same direction as the MU robot's face. When the fragment collided with it's head, it broke through and crushed the Core Processor (which was underneath Metru Nui, so to them it probably felt like an earthquake), causing the gravity/light/etc. throughout the MU to become distorted, which is probably what did the most damage. Metru Nui would've been damaged, but it wouldn't have been relatively severe. The only thing the fragment destroyed was the Core Processor.

If I remember correctly, it was Bota Magna that collided, even if the comics shows it as blue.

No, the comics are canon, while the MNS/Journey's End are artistic license. Teridax was hit by a fragment of Aqua Magna. This was stated unequivocally in Sahmad's Tale as well. Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

A little surprised the clear answer we already have wasn't posted right away, but here it is: the very back of the head was destroyed which is very far "below" Metru Nui, so Metru Nui was intact, Greg said, and the Matoran inside all survived. They have all now moved to Spherus Magna. :)That BS01 quote is obviously a typo; it should read "basement", not "ceiling." :) Or really far below the basement, as it were. Metru Nui's "ceiling" points forward towards the face of the robot, which to them is "up" due to the artificial gravity inside.And yes, the city undoubtedly did take on a lot of damage, but we know that the Matoran all survived, and since the city's purpose -- keeping the robot functioning -- is a moot point now, it really doesn't matter now what other damage there was. Either way, the Matoran have left the city safely and won't be going back. :)I believe that answers the question; PM me if anything is still unclear, folks, and as such, topic will now be closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)