More Canon Contests?

I'm not exactly sure where this goes, but I remember prior to the downtime there were plans for a Lesovikk-related writing contest. Having seen no mention of such a thing since the forums came back online, I was wondering if there are still any plans for canon art/writing contests in the future? Or is that something that would require Greg's approval?

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Without Greg around to approve the contest, there's really no way for fans to officially add to the canon. However, there are projects to create "fanon", like bonesiii's Expanded Multiverse project.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Here is an update on the Lesovikk's Hiatus contest from the KanohiJournal blog (I'm not linking to the post because it mentions a social network):

It’s probably very clear at this point that we haven’t made much progress on the Lesovikk’s Hiatus contest, in that we haven’t announced it on BZPower since the forums returned, nor have we provided an adequate update on how things are going.This is partly because of my scatter-mindedness (sorry about that), but also because of we haven’t had the chance to properly contact Greg about the future of canon contests. Once we can our confirmation (or, if the worst case scenario happens and it turns out canon contests are a no-no), we will make progress as swiftly as possible or make alternate arrangements.I hope you can understand that the past few weeks have been extremely busy and chaotic at times for both me and the rest of the KJP board, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

As GSR said, though, no canon contests can be run without having the contest itself approved and then having the winning entries approved. This is why some people don't consider the Thousand Years Untold 2 contest winners to be canon, as the stories were never approved by Greg after they won in the polls (although I believe that he looked over them beforehand, causing some to argue that they are in fact canon). Edited by Infrared

As far as S&T goes, Greg approved beforehand that the Thousand Years Untold 2 contest winning entries would be canon, as long as I and other judges made sure they fit the canon, and we did. So those stories are canon, and him checking them afterwards was never a requirement he imposed on those or other S&T contests. Other contest hosts/sponsors have imposed that rule on themselves and that's certainly wise; we would have probably as well if Greg had had time for it, but that happened at about the time he started getting less active, etc.He also approved a Memoirs of the Dead contest under the same rules, so once more we will be able to do another contest similar to ATYU2 (but with no preset plots). After that S&T is out of luck. We could still run fanon contests besides the Expanded Multiverse stuff, but I haven't yet decided whether we will. I figure it's best to cross that bridge when we come to it.As far as when the Memoirs contest can be expected I'm not really sure, except that I'd like to fully finish up the Art contest I'm running right now first, which right now is the main thing on my to-do list, as well as finishing a mini-guide for the current Cipher Chronicles episode's review topic. After that, I do hope to launch the S&T contest in the summer; that's obviously when more people have time for these sorts of things, but no guarantees. I'm thinking by the beginning of July, but again, no promises.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 4 weeks later...

Given the near-frozen status of new canon, I don't know what purpose canon contests could possibly serve.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well, why dont we continue the contest? We can continue it, select a winner, but we'll just have to wait for Greg to come back(if that ever happens) and approve it. At least we can say we finished it, instead of just letting it hang.